IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZyMuffin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

1) want to put in the sigma ColorDMD and I'm having a power tap built to run powers from my boards
2) laseriffic is willing to make a custom topper for me ($) all my others have Dan's topper on them so it looks a little off in the line up.
I do not sell mods but was wondering if anyone else had interest in a professionally made power tap or topper! With a larger interest perhaps it could get done quicker!

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Didn't miss a thing ... Going to the LED sigma that way I can choose a color ... If Randy has a way for a power source would be more viable for him to proceed with color!
The power tap that's being made , will have 2 sources so that I can attach the DMD and the topper without hacking my boards ...
Will post more in a couple of weeks

I am currently looking into building a power tap for PM / Capcom. This will have at least 2 mod outputs if there is room for it. Check out my current prototype taps for other systems here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-taps-any-interest

I will post there with any updates until they are ready for production.

1 week later
#726 6 years ago

Hey guys, I am looking to create a 12v/5v power tap with standard 3-pin mod plugs for Pinball Magic and other similar Capcom machines, however I don't have one myself I can test with.

After looking through the schematics, it looks like the only easy place to pull both 5v and 12v from a board connector is the "Display Power Supply Board" A0015502 (possibly B001552 or A001553 or maybe others).

The downside is this connector also shows some of the pins are high voltage, so care needs to be taken that the power is off when installing the mod or messing with this connector.

Before I make up a power tap for this, I would like to confirm that I am reading the schematics right and there will be 5v and 12v in the pins I expect.

Is there anyone here comfortable testing some pin voltages with a multimeter? After the board is made, I will send you one for free so you can test again to make sure my power tap provides the correct voltages to the mod plug. Ideally I am looking for someone with multiple Capcom machines they can test my power tap in, I will provide a free power tap for each! (but not necessary)

PM me for more details. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#757 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

How is this topper coming along? Also interested in the power tap you're getting done.
Edit. My mistake, it was crazymuffin getting the power tap made.

I have a circuit designed, and I can have a wire prototype made up at any time, just looking for someone to test it in a Capcom machine to make I tapped the right pins. Haven't had time to look any harder for someone yet, but if anyone here is interested let me know! Just need a multimeter

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZyMuffin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=CraZyMuffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.