IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 9 years ago

I love mine. LED's do not work and you totally spoil the lighting fading effects if you try to use them. can you use them? Sure, but you will take away a shitload of the ambiance that the game creates because of the way the GI's are handled. Plus some insert features are lost if you try and use LED's. Like Jinx has a progressive fade to the insert. The more faded it is, the less points you get for the side drain. Try to put LED's in there and you lose the effect totally. Not every game has to have LED's in it. Just like the stupid shaker thing. There are only about 4 or 5 games in existence that have any business even having a shaker. All the rest, is just fall under the category of, "how much shit can I pile into my game?".

#69 9 years ago

wireforms are plated like shadow.

Siderails and lockdown bar on the protos are stainless. Black powdercoat on legs, lockdown bar and siderails on production.

2 weeks later
#134 8 years ago

mine has a delay for the trunk lock as well. I think it's just how the boards process the switch information.

#149 8 years ago

if your captive ball isn't registering. I found that the switch at the top isn't lined up right all the time. Likes to shift off center like Stern targets do. Take the switch out, look at it, make sure it's gapped correctly, lined up right and clean. Also seen some, that look gapped right, but when put in the game, the wood of the playfield, pushes against the switch, causing it to be always closed. Which makes the game only acknowledge it when it's hit open, so you have to hit it hard enough to make the switch bounce open, which takes a lot of force to do.

#171 8 years ago

i've never seen a Pinball magic with wear anywhere. And i've seen about 10 of them.

#173 8 years ago

wow, someone must have been good at hitting that hole down there Around here, it's a damn hard shot and doesn't happen often.

6 months later
#282 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Having an issue on my PM. In attract mode the stage door opens and the eject solenoid extends. No ball is in the hole and it is in attract mode which makes this strange. I thought coils could not fire in attract mode? I was thinking it's a sensor but again, it's attract mode so I am not sure where to look. If I poer off and on the machine it still does it...over and over.
Any ideas friends?

Mine was just doing this exact same thing. I replaced the optos on both sides of the stage. Also moved the resistors to the back of the board. The heat from the resistors causes the opto to go out faster than they should. Worked for awhile. Then it started doing it again a couple of months later. I resoldered the surface mounted chips on the solinoid control board (baby board on the bottom) . I believe it was U18 was the chip for the stage. Works great now.

#286 8 years ago

you will see a faint blue flicker while the ball rises to the top. It goes fast and not bright like a flasher normally is. Just provides an ambient light. And LED flasher does not work here.

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They don't really work anywhere

that is true. black rose tried doing it, and it looks like ass. Never LED a capcom.

#293 8 years ago

yup, mine will do nothing. Its because of how the game is programmed to do the fade in and out. LED's are like digital and bulbs are analogue. Doesn't work to dim and bright on digital.

4 weeks later
#302 8 years ago

just have some L brackets welded to the outside. Will never break again. TZ scoop suffered from the same problem.

#304 8 years ago

yea, with TZ if you get the reinforced target, it stops the edge of the scoop getting beat down.

1 week later
#322 8 years ago

it's not socketed, so yes you have to unsolder the old chip, put a socket in and put the NV chip in. If your not masterful at soldering, hand it over to someone who has experience.

#328 8 years ago

LED's have limited amounts of fade effect they can do. I would have to see them in person, but I do not think you will get the pulsating in and out that you do with regular bulbs.

#331 8 years ago

you have to have someone around you that knows how to solder and does their own board work.

#336 8 years ago

also, look at your plunger. If your shooter housing isn't centered right, you won't get full impact on the ball. Also make sure the tip touches the ball. If not. bend the prongs back on the shooter shield. or take out some washers from the barrel spring. If it's not lined up. Loosen the 3 screws that hold the housing on, center it. Should hit dead center. Otherwise you will get force on the ball at an angle which puts lots of pressure and spin on it. Causing massive amounts of lost forward momentum.

#349 8 years ago

I have mine up for trade right now, but I have some trade offers in the works right now. Nothing has been set in stone yet. I think I have something, but the trade has been pushed back.

5 months later
#435 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Thanks for the tips. I don't have the machine yet, just wondering what I'm in for as it has some small issues. I'll probably be back for some fix advice as I think I'll pick it up.
It looks like that Ebay one has the left-side curtain broken, same problem I'm told on my purchase candidate. Has anyone fixed a breakage like this? Or is only option to get new? Anyone know what to expect to pay for a set?

this is fixable. What I would do, is cut a clear piece just like that entire lower section and a little up from that. Glue the broken piece together, then reinforce the clear piece on the back of that. Glueing the clear piece directly to the current piece. Redrill the mounting holes and remount. Will never break again. I'd do it to the other side while you have it apart, so you never have to take it apart again.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's what I said, but I think he's looking for a project?

sorry, I didn't read anyone elses posts. Just saw that one, and replied and left.

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

It is worth $3k all day long. Not a penny less or more.

3K? I call bullshit. If you can get a nice fully working one for $4k. I think most people would just pay the 1k more to actually have all the boards working, and the captive ball and posts actually in the game, and an upbroken curtain, drop decals and who knows what else. This isn't even a players condition game. it's rough. It's considered a project in this condition. If I found this in a warehouse. I wouldn't offer more than $1000, because the buyer has all the risk. Which smart buyers know, to majorly under price, when you are taking on all the risk for potential problems. If you pay 3k for something like this, you are too new to the hobby to be buying games like this in the first place.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

BS to you too! You always argue my posts anyway, getting bored.
This PM, if you look, even has the feet on the person at the flipper buttons. Very rare and only happens on lower usage pins. This pin is worth $3k all day. Buy a dmd and/or board, rubber, etc. You have a great pin. If I did not already own one I would buy it for $3 k.

hey, some people like to get pounded in the ass on deals. To each his own. I won't judge.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

And some people are just plain jerks. I do judge. Your criticism type posting history tells all. The devil is in the details...in mutiple threads.

Pounding in the ass, I heard you. Whatever you're into.

1 month later
2 months later
#512 7 years ago

thumbs up for having diversity in your collection. Little bit of everything there. Kudos to you!

1 month later
#547 7 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

We're just starting to shop our PM...nice copy with very little wear, play counter says about 2500...
The one weird thing is the floating ball is missing. It looks like it broke off of the support wire.
I've seen a couple other people mention this, but have never found where to buy one. I thought
about trying to spot weld a real pinball to the wire, or drilling a hole and gluing it.
Anyone have one for sale, or have an idea how to make one?

I have an NOS one sitting here.

3 months later
#649 6 years ago

I told you I have an NOS floating ball. Even sent you pics. Said make me an offer.

It's not metal. it's plastic. I think metal would have been too heavy and burn out the motor. It's a plastic partial ball, on this zig zag type wire that goes in and out of the curtain.

#658 6 years ago

yes, it's happened. Your opto is either out on one side or the other, or you have a loose connection, or a bad connection on one of the spider chip legs. First i'd disconnect the optos and connect them again. Also note how tight those plugs are.

1 week later
#666 6 years ago

you want the butter fly girls facing out, because they are pushing the curtain open. <----- ------->

#668 6 years ago

looks awesome. If you want to dimmly light the inside. Take 45 lamp sockets. Put them in series on the front inside top. Use the UV LED's and run wires down inside the backbox along the back (in the vent holes if it has them (dont' remember) and tap into the 5V DC line. The black light will glow the stars especially if they are yellow or white.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.