IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 49.
#351 8 years ago

Hi All,

Thank you for the suggestions. The issue for the ball launch was indeed the plunger tip alignment to the pinball. It was quite off actually and I had to loosen up the assembly and shim up the bottom of the mount (outward, facing the player) so the plunger would hit the ball center (top to bottom) and shift the whole thing to the left so that it was centered left to right. If I pull back the plunger and snap it just a little it makes the loop every time! I'm glad to see this fixed as it was wearing very thin with us.

Now the next thing is the ridiculous center ball drain when making the center loop shot and it comes down the right loop straight into the $hitt3r.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Now the next thing is the ridiculous center ball drain when making the center loop shot and it comes down the right loop straight into the $hitt3r.

Well this is usually do to an incorrect post being used at the end of that ball guide under the top hat. What post/rubber is there?

#353 8 years ago

I just joined the club!!! I had Marksf123 send me up his. great machine, beautiful example.. except for I think the shippers beat her up like an old dresser;<

it plays amazing , one thing though , i remember my old PM making a loud speaker hum when the ball almost went up the wand ramp ,and then comes back down, and this PM does the same thing... it like when the coils turn on for the magnet she get some interference

anyone else have that issue?

IMG_4665_(resized).JPGIMG_4665_(resized).JPG

IMG_4654_(resized).JPGIMG_4654_(resized).JPG

#354 8 years ago

I don't have that issue. My humming issue is when I press left flipper. Hums like crazy! Right flipper no issue.

#355 8 years ago

The light show in this game blows my mind ! What a piece of carnival art!! Amazing system , amazing technology .. I cant imanage putting LEDS in this game..

Has anyone put mirror blades in it?

Has anyone put a bill validator in PM ? Is there a special connector to do so?

#356 8 years ago

Mirror blades work fine,I believe I used. Bally Williams versions

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well this is usually do to an incorrect post being used at the end of that ball guide under the top hat. What post/rubber is there?

TheLaw, I think that you are bang on with this one. There were two things really, one was a small burr on the lane side of the ball guide, this I have filed down and the other is that post rubber. It's a blue one that Aurium added, when we shopped the pin. I'm not sure if I have a thinner post rubber but so far just taking off the burr has reduced the majority of drains now. I will search for a thinner rubber.

I also notice that the plunger is not sitting correctly, I have been adjusting it but I think that for this pin to play properly, the plunger should be perfectly centered with the ball, otherwise the ball doesn't make the habit trail properly. What have other owners here done to adjust this properly without having to shim the shooter housing (plate) from the front side of the cabinet?

Thanks!

#358 8 years ago

I usually add some felt along the sides of my playfields in general to prevent cabinet scratches etc..

But putting felt of whatever thickness is required to center the plunger by making the playfield always rest in the correct position for that is what works for me

I just did that on POTC after years of annoyance with the auto plunger sometimes hitting the shooter rod rubber and balls not making it to the top sometimes

3 weeks later
#359 8 years ago

Hi fellow club members!

If i upgrade the code to game rom Version: 1.12, do i also have to upgrade the sound roms?

Axl

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Mirror blades work fine,I believe I used. Bally Williams versions

I am on the fence to install mirror blades or the TOM magic art blades that a pinsider posted a photo somewhere around here. It looked great. I have been undecided for about 3 minths now lol.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi fellow club members!
If i upgrade the code to game rom Version: 1.12, do i also have to upgrade the sound roms?
Axl

Hmmm....I think I just remember replacing 1 chip.

#362 8 years ago

Regarding the ROM version 1.12, if i look at Marco, it states this:

PINBALL MAGIC (CAPCOM) U2H EPROM GAME

Capcom PINBALL MAGIC uses the following EPROMS:
Game U1H 1.12
Game U1L 1.12
Game U2H 1.0
Game U2L 1.0
Sound U28 1.0
Sound U29 1.0
Sound U30 1.6

Axl

#363 8 years ago

Not if you have the current, latest release sound roms.

Quoted from Axl:i upgrade the code to game rom Version: 1.12, do i also have to upgrade the sound roms?

1 week later
#364 8 years ago

If anyone is attending the Allentown show this year, I will be bringing my Pinball Magic for the free play area for people to enjoy. I hope it holds up

Chris

#365 8 years ago

Does anybody else have a problem with the spring coming off underneath the playfield for the ball levitation? Sometimes mine stays on for 20 games, other times it comes off after 5. Its really annoying if you have a good game going and all the sudden the stage doesn't work anymore. Mine always comes off on top where it clips onto that stud. Yes, I get it properly seated every time.

#366 8 years ago

I redid mine. I used a zip tie. Now works perfect. Before the links kept popping off between the coil plunger and the door links. Now I did order brand new parts, links and solenoid plunger, but it works so perfect right now even after 200 games that I am not going to touch it! I am not positive we are talking about the same thing. I am talking about the mechanism that opens the actual doors to the stage.

#367 8 years ago

Here is the spring I'm talking about. It hooks to the arm assembly that moves up and down for the stage and it keeps popping off the stud up top

I'm think a zip tie is a pretty good idea though. I'm going to try to get one on there to secure it better

IMG_20160320_145304056_(resized).jpgIMG_20160320_145304056_(resized).jpg

#368 8 years ago

It looks to me like it might be the wrong spring. It doesn't look stretched at all in that pick.

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

It looks to me like it might be the wrong spring. It doesn't look stretched at all in that pick.

Its because the arm is at the top of its rotation, but that might be a good call. It should probably have at least a little tension on it when its all the way up like that. My original spring got mangled, but I ordered this one from marcos. Supposed to be the right spring and I am pretty sure it is.

#370 8 years ago

I currently own a Pinball Magic and just wanted to ask what is the going price for a Pinball Magic? (I know that the condition of the machine, region of the country, and how much a person is willing to spend for a game that they want are all variables here)

The last 3 tournament/expo/festivals I have been to have had a Pinball Magic for sale. Each time the prices have been 5900, 6700, and 5995. Too my knowledge the 5900 and 6700 did not sell. However at TPF this weekend the FUN! booth/area had a Pinball Magic for 5995 and it sold. The play field was great with little to no wear at the scoops, it was missing one of the "MAGIC" drop targets, had a plastic or two that were cracked, a few scratches/nicks in the side of the cabinet and looked as if the wire ball guides were spray painted gold.

I only say this to ask, is this the price range that Pinball Magic's are going for now? I was under the impression that they were around 3000-3500.

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from murdock:

I currently own a Pinball Magic and just wanted to ask what is the going price for a Pinball Magic? (I know that the condition of the machine, region of the country, and how much a person is willing to spend for a game that they want are all variables here)
The last 3 tournament/expo/festivals I have been to have had a Pinball Magic for sale. Each time the prices have been 5900, 6700, and 5995. Too my knowledge the 5900 and 6700 did not sell. However at TPF this weekend the FUN! booth/area had a Pinball Magic for 5995 and it sold. The play field was great with little to no wear at the scoops, it was missing one of the "MAGIC" drop targets, had a plastic or two that were cracked, a few scratches/nicks in the side of the cabinet and looked as if the wire ball guides were spray painted gold.
I only say this to ask, is this the price range that Pinball Magic's are going for now? I was under the impression that they were around 3000-3500.

I know of a really nice one that recently sold for $4500 with ease and speed. I'm pretty sure the price on this game is going to keep going up. If you can find one right now for 3000-3500 I would scoop it up while you still have have the chance!

#372 8 years ago

I always thought it was a undervalued pin so mabey people are starting see the value in this great pin,best ball divertor ever with the wand

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I always thought it was a undervalued pin so mabey people are starting see the value in this great pin,best ball divertor ever with the wand

I sold mine in november for 3800. That being said I had 120 hours in tearing it down and cleaning it. Pulled all the coils and ran them through an ultrasonic, pulled the mylar, touched up the pf. It was the most intensive job I had ever done and showed. Also tracked down all new parts for the flippers using capcom pieces. Only thing htat wasn't capcom were the plungers and links as I only found one capcom link. It took 5 vendors (2 in australia) plus the designer selling me parts to bring it back.

Even then, I'd say most examples will probably sell around 3500. It is a hard to find game, but it has issues. The software is a little buggy. The parts a pita to get and it gets expensive shipping from australia. Most of us cannot do board work on the games due to being surface mount. It is also an acquired taste since it is a linear game. Feel free to shoot higher, but people were shocked I got what I did for mine.

#374 8 years ago

I know of one going up for sale for 5k pretty soon and I bet you it sells. No it's not mine.

#375 8 years ago

I paid 4k for my excellent condition PM 2 years ago. My scoops are not chipped nor are plastics cracked. I am not missing any drop targets. I would not sell for less than $5k firm.

My wife and I love this game. Technology way ahead of the others. I am happy one sold for $6k...because I am tired of hearing/reading about it being a 3k game on Pinside. Even days after I paid 4k. It is not a 3k pin. It is rare and awsome to play. Has issues with wires not having proper slack under p.f. I you can repair that stuff, like I do, it should be no big deal.

Also, I never witnessed buggy software on my unit.

#376 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I paid 4k for my excellent condition PM 2 years ago. My scoops are not chipped nor are plastics cracked. I am mot missing any drop targets. I would not sell for less than $5k firm.
My wife and I love this game. Technology way ahead of the others. I am happy one sold for $6k...because I am tired of hearing/reading about it being a 3k game on Pinside. Even days after I paid 4k. It is not a 3k pin. It is rare and awsome to play. Has issues with wires not having proper slack under p.f. I you can repair that stuff, like I do, it should be no big deal.

What you will sell it for is irrelevant. What the market will bear is.

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

What you will sell it for is irrelevant. What the market will bear is.

By all means it is relevant. All sales in the world have a prerequisite...a sellers price. Sure a customer can shop elswhere and use multiple merchants...no biggie...my price is relevant by all means! As are other merchant prices!!!

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

By all means it is relevant. All sales in the world have a prerequisite...a sellers price. Sure a customer can shop elswhere and use multiple merchants...no biggie...my price is relevant by all means! As are other merchant prices!!!

There were what 1300 made? 1 guy who wants bank isn't relevant. Collectors are going to look elsewhere. Now if someone just has to have it and cannot find one within whatever distance he is willing to go the game might sell. It won't suddenly make all the other PMs jump in price.

Also, I unlike him am speaking from recent experience. I listed mine for 4k. I got more emails telling me it doesn't sell for that than I did interest. What I did have however was a buyer who was already interested before I listed it and my listing motivated him to step up. So believe what you want, but seeing how no one else in this thread recently sold theirs I think it is safe to say his desire of 5k is moot.

#379 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

On a long game, when you lock balls in the trunk for multiball, is there a slowly-increasing delay before a ball is served to trough (or released from trunk)? This seems to happen on all PMs I've seen/played... even noticed it on a tourney game a couple years back.

#380 8 years ago

The price police can go jump in the lake. it doesn't matter what the said selling price is! If I put new tires and a new motor in my Car. You bet I am going to ask more than the car that doesn't have it. Let the haters be haters they will never own the machine. Hope they are happy with there $500 machine they scammed from someone on craigslist that didn't know how to fix their machine. I put money in my games and if I decide to sell. I will ask whatever I want for it. If the right buyer doesn't see the value in my machine. Good luck finding the parts for the hacked up one that is in their price range. Sorry for the morning rant. but you don't see this kind of price police in any other hobby. It's crazy.

On a separate note. keep your eyes open for the Capcom LED OCD if you are a LED lover. I was a beta tester for Herg and mine looks great and is fading with led's. I would think these are going to sell fast. Thanks again HERG for the dedication to allowing us Capcom owners to make these beautiful with Bright LED's.

Magicchiz

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

There were what 1300 made? 1 guy who wants bank isn't relevant. Collectors are going to look elsewhere. Now if someone just has to have it and cannot find one within whatever distance he is willing to go the game might sell. It won't suddenly make all the other PMs jump in price.
Also, I unlike him am speaking from recent experience. I listed mine for 4k. I got more emails telling me it doesn't sell for that than I did interest. What I did have however was a buyer who was already interested before I listed it and my listing motivated him to step up. So believe what you want, but seeing how no one else in this thread recently sold theirs I think it is safe to say his desire of 5k is moot.

Well considering one of the last ones I knew of on here sold for $4500 with a quickness, and apparently one sold at TPF for nearly 6k that sounded to be in rough shape, its pretty easy to see the price going up. I'm sorry you left money on the table with yours. Of course people are going to say your asking too much, thats what the price police do! You should know this better than anyone, since you always appear to be the captain on the price police force. Demand for this game is going up, so are prices. You are more than welcome to continue to disagree with me, but just watch! I know you said you were interested in picking another one up, I suggest you do it now, while you still have the chance. People are catching on to what this game is. But, hey, there's still plenty of people out there who think JD is still a $1400 game too.

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

The price police can go jump in the lake. it doesn't matter what the said selling price is! If I put new tires and a new motor in my Car. You bet I am going to ask more than the car that doesn't have it. Let the haters be haters they will never own the machine. Hope they are happy with there $500 machine they scammed from someone on craigslist that didn't know how to fix their machine. I put money in my games and if I decide to sell. I will ask whatever I want for it. If the right buyer doesn't see the value in my machine. Good luck finding the parts for the hacked up one that is in their price range. Sorry for the morning rant. but you don't see this kind of price police in any other hobby. It's crazy.
On a separate note. keep your eyes open for the Capcom LED :-)OCD if you are a LED lover. I was a beta tester for Herg and mine looks great and is fading with led's. I would think these are going to sell fast. Thanks again HERG for the dedication to allowing us Capcom owners to make these beautiful with Bright LED's.
Magicchiz

Thank you for jumping in! I could not have said it better. How a person can live in a world of price tags and say they are irrelevant is beyond me. Lmao at it actually!

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Well considering one of the last ones I knew of on here sold for $4500 with a quickness, and apparently one sold at TPF for nearly 6k that sounded to be in rough shape, its pretty easy to see the price going up. I'm sorry you left money on the table with yours. Of course people are going to say your asking too much, thats what the price police do! You should know this better than anyone, since you always appear to be the captain on the price police force. Demand for this game is going up, so are prices. You are more than welcome to continue to disagree with me, but just watch! I know you said you were interested in picking another one up, I suggest you do it now, while you still have the chance. People are catching on to what this game is. But, hey, there's still plenty of people out there who think JD is still a $1400 game too.

Haha...yeah he still thinks JD is a 1,400 game...hahaha good one bud! Yer killin me over here...you and Magichiz rock!!!

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Sellers think they have a fortune on their hand and buyer's want a deal. I passed on yours if memory serves correctly and we had the same disagreement then that we do now. The difference was then I wanted to trade a game I was done with. Glad you like your game, but until a string of these sell for 4k+ I am going to call BS.

As for JD it seems to pull mid 2's if it has the topper. Difference is it actually sells for mid 2's. Unlike WPT where people keep asking 3k for routed machines and they sit, and sit, and sit.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Sellers think they have a fortune on their hand and buyer's want a deal. I passed on yours if memory serves correctly and we had the same disagreement then that we do now. The difference was then I wanted to trade a game I was done with. Glad you like your game, but until a string of these sell for 4k+ I am going to call BS.
As for JD it seems to pull mid 2's if it has the topper. Difference is it actually sells for mid 2's. Unlike WPT where people keep asking 3k for routed machines and they sit, and sit, and sit.

I actually agree with most of this. You're absolutely right, the seller always wants to bring the most money in and the buyer wants the best bargain. I think its fair enough to wait until you see a string of them selling for over 4k to change your mind. I don't think thats unreasonable at all. But I'm willing to bet you'll see it sooner than you think. The game doesn't come up for sale very often but of the last 3 sold that I have heard about was yours for $3800, the one for $4500, and the one at TPF for $6000. I'll be keeping an eye out for others that come up for sale.
As for our spitballing we were doing about working out a trade. Well yeah, we disagreed on the value of the game (as we still do now) but it came more down to me just not being ready to part ways with mine just yet.

I agree with you on WPT too actually lol, I think the asking prices on that have been a little out of wack too, but hey, if they sit they sit, that all comes down to how long the seller wants to wait. Sometimes it takes time for the right buyer to come around. Hell, I just payed 2k for a black hole. I know I over paid, but I wanted the game and it was in front of me and I had the cash on me. I'm not bitter about it, I'm just happy to have the game!

#386 8 years ago

Hi, l am restoring my Pinball Magic and after a good photo of the artwork around the cabinet flipper area that does not have the boys feet worn out.
l have had no luck finding any images that is not worn around this area

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

PM_feet.jpgPM_feet.jpg

#387 8 years ago

I can check mine tonight if you don't get a reply by then.

Chris

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from Optimus68:

Hi, l am restoring my Pinball Magic and after a good photo of the artwork around the cabinet flipper area that does not have the boys feet worn out.
l have had no luck finding any images that is not worn around this area
Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

PM_feet.jpg

I was all set to send you a photo when I realized I am missing the right foot on both sides. Never noticed before until now!

#389 8 years ago

Here are pics of mine on both sides.

20160329_105613_(resized).jpg20160329_105613_(resized).jpg
20160329_105628_(resized).jpg20160329_105628_(resized).jpg

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Here are pics of mine on both sides.
20160329_105613_(resized).jpg
20160329_105628_(resized).jpg

l am impressed there is no wear at all around the flipper buttons.
Thank you.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I was all set to send you a photo when I realized I am missing the right foot on both sides. Never noticed before until now!

Most l have seen are worn around the flipper button area.

I will post my before and after photos of my full restore when its completed.

#393 8 years ago

Does anyone know what the redemption rules for PM is?

What is the difference? I was thinking of burning them just to test.

Axl

1 week later
#394 8 years ago

Any got any ideas why my wand diverter won't close by itself? The solenoid moves freely but the spring isn't powerful enough to push the diverter closed (to allow "Ride the Magic Carpet" etc. It feels like the shaft is somehow binding but looks like a pain to remove.

Solved: I "just" had to remove both the stage diverter and wand diverter assemblies and give them a good clean. Various shafts and solenoids/sleeves had started to gum up - just enough to cause the diverters to jam or be sluggish. A typical PITA job but both mechs work nicely now. I also waxed the playfield. My example of this game is very fast. Haven't beaten it yet and loving the challenge.

#395 8 years ago

wdforty

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Does anyone know what the redemption rules for PM is?
What is the difference? I was thinking of burning them just to test.
Axl

You just need this Romset when you use a ticket dispenser.

1 week later
#397 7 years ago

Drop target springs for this ol girl ?

X

Thanks

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Drop target springs for this ol girl ?
X
Thanks

Original part SG00118, replaced by 00125, all out of stock. You could try a 126 http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=SG00126

But probably many drop springs would work.

#399 7 years ago

I'd recommend a dry lubricant. Silicone and other wet lubes will attract dirt and "gum-up" again.

I use Tri-Flow Dry Lubricant in situations such as these (as well as exterior door locks and bicycle chains):
http://www.amazon.com/Tri-Flow-Lube-Drip-Bottle/dp/B000C17R7Q

#400 7 years ago

thanks for the link and the response , I bet those will work fine . nice call ..

dry lube is likely better , no lube is best , fast lube can be better... all depends on the sitchno

olive oil and a q tip is how i fixed mine ... i brought it to a vacation rental and it acted up... but thats all i had... 4 months on route and it seems fine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,100 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 2,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.