Capcom-Pinball-Magic-mirror (resized).jpg
Pinball-Magic-met-spiegel-1 (resized).jpg
Capcom-Pinball-Magic-3 (resized).jpg
Capcom-Pinball-Magic-2 (resized).jpg
Capcom-Pinball-Magic (resized).jpg
20240229_115159 (resized).png
20240224_135627 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
There are 2,470 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.
#2451 53 days ago

Just get new optos. Pinball Life sells them.

Edit. Actually on second thought, if optos were dead or the board was the problem, the game would just be constantly trying to kick the ball out. Right? Triple check your switch connections. Do the rest of the optos on the game work?

#2452 53 days ago

Everything is 100% except for the optos in the subway close to the Vanishing Ball/Hat hole. When the ball drops in that hole, it’s not registered until it rolls through the subway and hits the optos under the trunk. As such, skill shots are never registered and Magic Mayhem can never be started.

#2453 52 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Unfortunately, though, the subway optos for the Skill Shot/Magic Mayhem still aren’t registering, which is kind of a gamebreaker. What are the recommendations for troubleshooting this?

This subway is a well known problem on PM.
Problems are: It is nervous and counting unexpected skillshots or, like on your machine, it is just not working.
As always on optos: Check for 12 volts on the sender diode, shorten the 2 solderpads on the reciever diode while in switchtest, swap the sender and reciever diode or resoldet at least, check the cabling to the driver board.
You can easilie remove the bracket .... there is a plug on this unit.
You can also test without mounting the bracket to the subway. Its much easier for testing to have it loose on the cable.

#2454 52 days ago

Thanks, Tom! I’ll give those suggestions a try.

1 week later
#2455 44 days ago

Looking for the part number for the spring on Pinball Magic shooter assembly. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

#2456 44 days ago

A hundred years ago before the original spring got weak, I could always make the left loop (orbit) shot on launch. I replaced it with a red spring (.042 inch), and while that sorted it out, it might have been better for making the Skill Shot if I had used a blue (.038 inch) or green spring (.035 inch). The red is pretty mighty. (I have no idea what the original Capcom spring was. It’s been too many years ago.)

Spring strength, from weakest to strongest, with part numbers:

Green (#10-148-4)
Blue (#10-148-3)
Red (#10-148-2)

#2457 43 days ago

Thanks for your help!!

#2458 43 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

A hundred years ago before the original spring got weak, I could always make the left loop (orbit) shot on launch.

But this makes no sense.
The skillshot is that the ball drops off the wireform in the cylinder hat. It shows "Skillshot" and you earn some points.

If you plung fully and the ball makes the whole left loop (spoon) you got a award of 10 Million because you fullfilled the first mission.

#2459 43 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

If you plung fully and the ball makes the whole left loop (spoon) you got a award of 10 Million because you fullfilled the first mission.

Yes, and before the spring weakened over time, that would happen. With the weak spring, making that shot on a full plunge was no longer possible.

#2460 43 days ago

Skillshot moves to the loop on ball 2 just FYI.

1 week later
#2461 36 days ago

My PM mirrored backglass came in from CPR today. I’ve posted my impressions of it over in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-backglasses-1#post-8213857

#2462 35 days ago

By the way, what do you guys think of the changes (extra mirrored stars) CPR made to the original translite?

#2463 34 days ago

I dont have the CPR glas but the one from the Netherlands and it is a perfect beautie !!

I saw other glasses from CPR and was disappointed from the quality. Plus .. shipping is a killer for us in Europe.
Same for the glass from netherlands for the overseas community .. so I understand that a CPR glas is easier to order.

3 weeks later
#2464 11 days ago

Is there a source for a replacement hand?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2465 11 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is there a source for a replacement hand?
[quoted image]

Ooooh, with Marco and Planetary Pinball not having them in stock anymore, that part may almost be unobtanium now.

I would definitely put up a Wanted ad here on Pinside for one. There’s been a couple of times over the years that I thought I’d never find a particular part, only to have someone on Pinside eventually come through.

1 week later
#2466 3 days ago

Hi Pinball Magic-owning friends. I have a copy of Pinball Magic and am having issues with the wand magnetizing strong enough for the ball to make it all the way to the lock. Could any of you guys send a picture of the wiring of the two magnet coils under the hand plastic? Or if you have any other ideas for what could cause this. Thanks.

Notes:
All fuses test good
Connector looks fine
Currently the game has CL00109 coils, it previously had CL00100 coils and neither worked. We could also use confirmation on what coils you guys have installed, as the two different sections of the manual have two different listed coils.

#2467 2 days ago
Quoted from galvinator05:

Hi Pinball Magic-owning friends. I have a copy of Pinball Magic and am having issues with the wand magnetizing strong enough for the ball to make it all the way to the lock. Could any of you guys send a picture of the wiring of the two magnet coils under the hand plastic? Or if you have any other ideas for what could cause this. Thanks.
Notes:
All fuses test good
Connector looks fine
Currently the game has CL00109 coils, it previously had CL00100 coils and neither worked. We could also use confirmation on what coils you guys have installed, as the two different sections of the manual have two different listed coils.

Not sure how helpful they will be, but I have some photos in my shop out album on flickr.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskkFa57B

Unfortunately I no longer have the machine to be able to check for you

Chris

#2468 2 days ago
Quoted from galvinator05:

Notes:
All fuses test good
Connector looks fine

IMG_3022 (resized).jpegIMG_3022 (resized).jpegIMG_3021 (resized).jpegIMG_3021 (resized).jpegIMG_3023 (resized).jpegIMG_3023 (resized).jpegIMG_3020 (resized).jpegIMG_3020 (resized).jpeg
#2469 2 days ago

Question:
Drops the ball directly off the wand ?

The wand is activated with the switch in the clear ramp above. Is this switch is not working propperly the coils are not powered and ... the ball fells down.
Test this switch in switchtest wirh a ball, not by hand !
Than try in game, hold the ball under the wand and activate the switch by hand, the wand should magnetise. I do not think that there is something wrong with the coils , if other coils are also affected maybe a fuse.

#2470 33 hours ago

I will have some NOS units available soon that I located in the process of finding mine.....anyone have any interest in one?

Quoted from Fatsquatch:Ooooh, with Marco and Planetary Pinball not having them in stock anymore, that part may almost be unobtanium now.
I would definitely put up a Wanted ad here on Pinside for one. There’s been a couple of times over the years that I thought I’d never find a particular part, only to have someone on Pinside eventually come through.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,470 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.