Topic Stats

• 1,682 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 385 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PM stage door (resized).jpg
bop_ntc.jpg
pm_ntc.jpg
20190911_153528 (resized).jpg
20190911_153512 (resized).jpg
20190911_153451 (resized).jpg
20190908_085211 (resized).jpg
20190908_085200 (resized).jpg
20190907_132413 (resized).jpg
20190907_132357 (resized).jpg
06AF9F42-246D-4370-A531-666983C50042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6178 (resized).JPG
IMG_6176 (resized).JPG
20190427_103849 (resized).jpg
20190427_103056 (resized).jpg
20190422_113529 (resized).jpg

There are 1682 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 34.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Cool, thanks Warbound. Was it haed getting the stage out? I have to replace one of my stage doors and it seems a bit daunting
Chris

Pulling the stage was not really a big deal. Compared to pulling the right ramp out ripley's it was downright trivial.

#202 4 years ago

do you get a lot of hits on the pop bumper? I seem lucky if I get one or two.

One of the most active pops in any game. Do you have fresh white rubber in there? Helps to keep it banging off the wall and into pop.

Was it haed getting the stage out? I have to replace one of my stage doors and it seems a bit daunting

Hmm...do you have to take the whole stage out to get to the doors? I didn't think so but it's been awHile.

#203 4 years ago

Question for owners. When the ball kicks out from the stage - do you get a lot of hits on the pop bumper? I seem lucky if I get one or two. Seems like it should be more active.
Thanks -
Chris

There is a slingshot directly below the pop bumper. Make sure that both switches work. On mine both switches had tabs broken off. These things can be ordered from RTBB pinball or PinballPartsAustralia.

Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of the post underneath the hat? I am putting my machine back together and I think it was wrong to begin with. It was a sleeve style post with nothing on it. The pictures I have found show it to have a rubber ring, but then my post would be wrong?

Also if anyone knows where you can get a new hat I'd greatly appreciate it.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of the post underneath the hat? I am putting my machine back together and I think it was wrong to begin with.

I think we should look in the manual for that one. I've seen it with both a post and a sleeve depending on machine (mine actually came with just a drywall screw in it).

#205 4 years ago

Hi fellow magicians!
Just bought Pinball Magic, and will be picking it up soon. So far I have only played a handful of games on it, but I knew I had to have it!
The game looks very good except for some light playfield wear and one broken plastic.
The broken plastic is the bonus over the stage doors. Does anyone know how to get hold of one? I have been searching the Capcom parts usual suspects, but nothing. Also the floating ball is not very polished. Has anybody tried to polish it with luck? Or should I just buy a new one? I have seen a new one for $15, but the shipping is $37!

Axl

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Also the floating ball is not very polished. Has anybody tried to polish it with luck? Or should I just buy a new one? I have seen a new one for $15, but the shipping is $37!
Axl

Quoted from Warbound:

I just took my whole stage apart so I coukd get the floating ball out. Mine was dull and not ver convincing of tricking player eyes. Now that I buffed and shined it up, it looks just like one of tbe pinballs entering.

Welcome aboard!

You'll find "the usual places" for Capcom parts also involve spare parts Australia
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/aw00123-29.html

Or wait did you mean this one?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/AW00123-34

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

It varies. Sometimes it bangs 10 or more times, other times just a few. I tried to adjust the pop sensitivity but to be honest I did not notice a difference after. Maybe I suck at tweaking it.
I just took my whole stage apart so I coukd get the floating ball out. Mine was dull and not ver convincing of tricking player eyes. Now that I buffed and shined it up, it looks just like one of tbe pinballs entering. Please do not share or reveal what I just did here (that floating ball is a prop) to non PM owners!!! Magic is a secret!!

SPOILER ALERT PLEASE

#208 4 years ago

I wonder if it can be just dusted off with out taking it apart...

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

There is a slingshot directly below the pop bumper. Make sure that both switches work. On mine both switches had tabs broken off. These things can be ordered from RTBB pinball or PinballPartsAustralia.
Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of the post underneath the hat? I am putting my machine back together and I think it was wrong to begin with. It was a sleeve style post with nothing on it. The pictures I have found show it to have a rubber ring, but then my post would be wrong?
Also if anyone knows where you can get a new hat I'd greatly appreciate it.

Good to know. I will get that pic when I get home unless someone else posts it up before then.

Thank you!

Chris

#210 4 years ago

Cool, thanks Warbound. Was it haed getting the stage out? I have to replace one of my stage doors and it seems a bit daunting
Chris

Taking the stage out is not bad. I did it today to onde again adjust the optos. It drops down from the bottom, into the cabinet. You have to remove some plastics, stage light board (the one that says millions on it) and one light socket with bulb from the top first. I think 30 minutes and I was done.

The hardest thing imo is taking the silly ball out of the stage. I did to buff and shine bit...came out great! However....UGH!!!! There is a guide rod attached to it. Taking apart is easy but what a pain in the =-#$^&*=$#$"&&%$@!!!!!! to put it back together. You need 3 hands. One for rod. One for ball wire bracket built into it and one to insert the screw. Since PM's playfield does not slide out like others do, you have to work on getting the stage ball back in with the playfield vertical. There is not much room to work between it and the back box...especially sine the stage are is siting down low in the cabinet when the playfield is vertical!

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi fellow magicians!
Just bought Pinball Magic, and will be picking it up soon. So far I have only played a handful of games on it, but I knew I had to have it!
The game looks very good except for some light playfield wear and one broken plastic.
The broken plastic is the bonus over the stage doors. Does anyone know how to get hold of one? I have been searching the Capcom parts usual suspects, but nothing. Also the floating ball is not very polished. Has anybody tried to polish it with luck? Or should I just buy a new one? I have seen a new one for $15, but the shipping is $37!
Axl

Cant help with plastics but yes you can polish the ball. Of course it needs to be pretty underneath! I took mine out and buffed it with a rotary buffer and some novus 2. Then a coat of wax. Looks awsome! Now it actually tricks you...before it was obvious it was a different ball. Beware! Putting it back together was one of the hardest 1 person pinball tasks I have ever done!!! Reference my post above

Gratz on buying a PM!!! It is an awsome pin. It is part of a 3 pin core my wife promised eachother we would never part with from our collection...never!

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi fellow magicians!
Axl

Congrats on getting a very unique and fun pin!

#213 4 years ago

So... Now I know why the ball is unpolished... Thanks for the info everybody.

The plastic I am looking for is the box office values.

image.jpg

Axl

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Since PM's playfield does not slide out like others do...

Yeah that's can be an issue at times for sure...anytime you're working around the stage. I've had to adjust my ramp switch back there many times and it's very awkward to work on the back corners.

1 week later
#215 4 years ago

I bought a PM a little over a year ago. Between sorting out some problems with it and buying a house and putting the game on the back burner I am happy to say that today I was finally able to play my first (and second, 3rd, ect lol) game on the table! I've been looking forward to playing this game forever! Feels great and its a fun game!

I do have a couple final minor things to sort out still but the game is now very playable and a whole lot of fun!

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I bought a PM a little over a year ago. Between sorting out some problems with it and buying a house and putting the game on the back burner I am happy to say that today I was finally able to play my first (and second, 3rd, ect lol) game on the table! I've been looking forward to playing this game forever! Feels great and its a fun game!
I do have a couple final minor things to sort out still but the game is now very playable and a whole lot of fun!

Congrats on getting your PM up and running!

#217 4 years ago

Some help please... Where does this plastic go? It's possible its off my Airborne also, just not sure.

image.jpg

#218 4 years ago

Hmmmmm. I can look around on my playfields if you can't get the answer. I have both machines here. Looks like it would be a ramp cover of some sort. It doesn't look familiar, but I will look around and see what I can find tonight

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Some help please... Where does this plastic go? It's possible its off my Airborne also, just not sure.
image.jpg

just put my pm back together and it does not look familiar at all.

#220 4 years ago

Armor mod

image.jpg

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Based on the part number I'm going to say that it belongs on your Airborne. Not sure where it goes but think that's the game it goes to. It seems Airborne parts are AW00125 and Pinball Magic parts are AW00123. I also own pinball magic and don't remember seeing a piece like this.

Dave

#222 4 years ago

I agree with others. I only have PM but do not see that part anywhere.

#223 4 years ago

What power level do you guys usually keep your flippers at on this game? I turned mine up to 16 just to see what it was like and it was insane! I was afraid I was going to break something so I turned it back down but what do you think works well for this game?

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

What power level do you guys usually keep your flippers at on this game? I turned mine up to 16 just to see what it was like and it was insane! I was afraid I was going to break something so I turned it back down but what do you think works well for this game?

The adjustment is an issue for me. I change it and do not notice any difference. I keep telling myself to create a post here and ask around but I always forget lol. Maybe others can comment here if their setting has any noticeable effect?

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I keep mine set at 13, and that is with the game at full slope. The adjustments make a notable difference for me. If I go lower than that, I can't make the left ramp with a backhanded left flipper shot.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

image.jpg

This is off your Airborne.

AW00125-42 - Plastic, under tower - Hard to explain but it fits over the blue plastic to the left lane guide at the bottom of the control tower assembly.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3783/Capcom_1996_Airborne_Operators_Manual_no_schematics.pdf

Page 89 in the manual.

Chris

1 week later
#227 4 years ago

OK, so not that most everything else is working in the game room, I am going to tackle a MAJOR shop out of my Pinball Magic.

Just wondering of anyone had any advice, tips, tricks, etc. I will take lots of pictures, but am sure I will forget something important (it always seems to happen like that).

Another question - I have successfully removed mylar from Breakshot and Airborne and they looked amazing. I was wondering if anyone had pulled mylar from their Pinball Magic with good results.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

#228 4 years ago

This is off your Airborne.
AW00125-42 - Plastic, under tower - Hard to explain but it fits over the blue plastic to the left lane guide at the bottom of the control tower assembly.
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3783/Capcom_1996_Airborne_Operators_Manual_no_schematics.pdf
Page 89 in the manual
Chris

Thanks so much.

#229 4 years ago

I removed the Mylar from mine and it looks amazing! Go for it.

image.jpg

#230 4 years ago

Having an issue on my PM. In attract mode the stage door opens and the eject solenoid extends. No ball is in the hole and it is in attract mode which makes this strange. I thought coils could not fire in attract mode? I was thinking it's a sensor but again, it's attract mode so I am not sure where to look. If I poer off and on the machine it still does it...over and over.

Any ideas friends?

#231 4 years ago

the coils will fire during attract mode if it thinks there is a ball stuck in there.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

I was thinking it's a sensor but again, it's attract mode so I am not sure where to look.

Check the transmitter opto with a digital camera or a camera phone. Make sure neither transmitter/receiver opto has a broken wire either. You should be able to do a switch test as well to see if the opto set is working.

#233 4 years ago

Warbound, I had this issue a while back and I pulled up playfield and manually moved the stage doors a few times and checked my switches and it went away.
Magicchiz

#234 4 years ago

Tx for all the replies friends! I tipped up the pf in order to adjust/test the optos. A flashlight made it trigger and open the doors more. Then I realized to adjust that stage door opto the whole assembly has to be removed. I remember this now since I did it before Sadly I was knee de in chainsaw yard work(cutting firewood for winter) and I could not commit to this. Will try tomorrow. Will update everyone too.

Tx again!

#235 4 years ago

Because.....PINBALL MAGIC!

Chris

1 week later
#236 4 years ago

I added a red filter to my pm and it looks much better,like Spider-Man needs it,I used a wpc filter because no one makes one for cap com and it just drops in and is held in place by the display and all is well,forgive me it is hard to tell from the pictures

image.jpg
image_1.jpg

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I added a red filter to my pm and it looks much better

I was going to do the same, but I didn't think it blended well with PM. Same for Dr. Who.
Hoping very much for ColorDMD can make a solution to fit their display in Capcom games. I need full color!!! There are a couple of guys wanting to color it, so it is just fitting the hardware as the hold back for now.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Last thing, if anyone has any of the 3 Pingame Journals of 2008 and 2009 that have articles about PM, I'm really trying to find this!

I finally found my magazines with these articles. Hopefully they turn out OK as I don't have a scanner at the moment. Here is part 1

IMG_20150927_172716644.jpg

IMG_20150927_172723252.jpg

IMG_20150927_172737879.jpg

IMG_20150927_172742650.jpg

IMG_20150927_172805010.jpg

IMG_20150927_172809685.jpg

IMG_20150927_172818962.jpg

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I was going to do the same, but I didn't think it blended well with PM. Same for Dr. Who.
Hoping very much for ColorDMD can make a solution to fit their display in Capcom games. I need full color!!! There are a couple of guys wanting to color it, so it is just fitting the hardware as the hold back for now.

I have an xpin blue dmd in mine and it looks quite nice. Get a lot of compliments on it. Colordmd will most likely never bother with capcom. Not a very large market to justify it.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I have an xpin blue dmd in mine and it looks quite nice. Get a lot of compliments on it. Colordmd will most likely never bother with capcom. Not a very large market to justify it.

Is this what you put in yours? http://xpinpinball.com/shop/product/xp-dmd4096lv-b

Were you able to swap it out easily, or did it require any special items to work for Capcom?

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Is this what you put in yours? http://xpinpinball.com/shop/product/xp-dmd4096lv-b
Were you able to swap it out easily, or did it require any special items to work for Capcom?

This. Also, do you have pics? My shop out starts this week

Thanks!
Chris

#242 4 years ago

I can take pics tonight if people want. I have one of the blue gel filters over it so it isn't as bright. Gets a lot of comments from guests.

Quoted from parabol420:

You want the HV version http://xpinpinball.com/shop/product/xp-dmd4096hv-b. It is plug and play. You do have the option of pulling fuses to disable certain HV lines that are no longer used but I haven't.

#243 4 years ago

Does anyone have a video of the magic wand doing it's thing? I've never seen how it works.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Does anyone have a video of the magic wand doing it's thing? I've never seen how it works.

This video doesn't show the wand doing the silence the critics thing, but its the same idea, the wand moves over to the other side of the playfield, the ball rolls across the bottom, and you can control when it drops by hitting the flipper button and you want to try to drop it into 1 of 2 holes.

edit- video doesn't seem to play for me, but you can copy the link and open it in youtube or it can be found in the pinball magic gallery here on pinside under toys and tricks

#245 4 years ago

I should've put some more time on the one at ReplayFX.

#246 4 years ago

Well, since it looks like I will bring mine to Allentown, so the shop out begins!!

DSCF9536.jpg

#247 4 years ago

Is there any way to turn off the buy in,I see nothing in 1.03 and should I upgrade the code,also who can make me the code chips

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is there any way to turn off the buy in,I see nothing in 1.03 and should I upgrade the code,also who can make me the code chips

I have 1.03 as well, and I can't find a way to turn it off. I wish I could though. Let me know if you find a solution.

Chris

1 week later
#249 4 years ago

I picked one up today from a warehouse. Serial # 1826

PM2.jpg

pinballmagic.jpg

#250 4 years ago

Congrats and enjoy,welcome to pinball Magic

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 399.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 1682 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside