IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 49.
#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Parts - For Sale

Capcom Pinball Magic Display Cherry brand~100% working!

New!

Used, good condition “Capcom Display in Great Condition. Pulled working for Colordmd replacement.
Made by Cherry Inc.
Buyer pays actual shipping coast to coast, I will find best rate.
Pm me for shipping...”

1 day ago

Anaheim, CA

Ericpinballfan

I'm pretty sure it is just a standard DMD. Will work on almost any DMD table.

1 week later
#2152 2 years ago

My M drop target often pops up too high and becomes dislodged, i think by a ball but I never see it actually happening just notice its popped up and is wonky.

Is this a common issue and any way of stopping it?

#2153 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

My M drop target often pops up too high and becomes dislodged, i think by a ball but I never see it actually happening just notice its popped up and is wonky.

Sounds like the bottom lip on the front side of the drop target broke off. You can compare to any of the others.

#2154 2 years ago

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like the bottom lip on the front side of the drop target broke off. You can compare to any of the others.

I'm sure I swapped a few over when I cleaned it, unless they're all worn! But only M does it and seems to be when they reset.
Will take another look.

Picture just incase anyone else has any ideas!
20211029_153037 (resized).jpg20211029_153037 (resized).jpg

#2155 2 years ago

Again, the lip is suspect to have a broken lip. It keeps the target from going past where it should, just like a one way gate. I seen this on Breakshot and even on Pinball Magic games I had worked on. Never seen any other reason for a target shooting past where it should.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Again, the lip is suspect to have a broken lip. It keeps the target from going past where it should, just like a one way gate. I seen this on Breakshot and even on Pinball Magic games I had worked on. Never seen any other reason for a target shooting past where it should.
[quoted image]

I didn't think mine was very worn, even if new surely there's some wiggle room as you'd not be able to get the drop target in?

I'll look at it closely next time I have the pf up

#2157 2 years ago

What is the latest code? After owning this game for years it occurred to me to ask. mine says 1.0.3

#2158 2 years ago

Never mind read through this topic and found my answer. Does 1.12 version add any graphics or change any rules or add sounds compared with 1.03? I know it gets rid of buy-in

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Never mind read through this topic and found my answer. Does 1.12 version add any graphics or change any rules or add sounds compared with 1.03? I know it gets rid of buy-in

It's worth the upgrade.
It has bug fixes, image fixes, and some better code for the stage.

#2160 2 years ago

I've decided to get rid of my Pinball Magic, if anyone has something fun to trade for it, shoot me a message. The table is located in Maryville TN and in great condition. Pics are in this thread and I can send new ones to anyone interested.

2 months later
#2161 2 years ago

I know there was competition with ToM when this game was produced, resulting in some "shots" taken at the opposition in the art. But I noticed something the other day I had not seen despite owning this game for 18 years (will never sell it). On the backglass is a dancing couple, all dressed up. Is there significance to that anywhere in the game? Or shall it remain a mystery?

#2162 2 years ago

Hello everyone.

Welp, I'm picking up a beautiful example of PBM tomorrow from a great pin brother here on Pinside. Shout out to you "Frogman" my friend!

Side note: I hate saying "PM" because every time I see it, my brain says..."Private Message". Lol So the B breaks that up for me.

That said, it took me 3 days, but I read through every single solitary post made in this forum thread to get better acquainted with all things PBM & Capcom. Thank you to Wesley for starting the club.

I must admit that Im loaded with excitement to own a PBM, but also admit a lot of nervousness as it's obviously a very temperamental machine (that unfortunately has driven some here mental) and parts for the title are getting harder & harder to come by.

Thank God for all the great current & past owners here who really have banded together to help anyone with issues or parts needs. From Chris's great playfield lift out tutorial to all of Shenanigans (who btw has an awesome YouTube channel you have to subscribe to for all things pinball) awesome and helpful vids, to guys having parts made for everyone, to Bryan Hansen of Capcom, JJ & APB fame & one of the game's actual designers & engineers himself being on here, to every single person in between. You've all been great & I appreciate you all for all the help, knowledge & solutions you share. They'll help people out with their machines decades down the road & long after we're gone.

I look forward to being in the club & helping others out in anyway that I can.

Thanks Everyone!
Derek.

1 week later
#2163 2 years ago

I can't fold the head down. The hinges hit the bolts holding the side rails in.
Is mine different or something?

20220115_213654 (resized).jpg20220115_213654 (resized).jpg
20220115_213647 (resized).jpg20220115_213647 (resized).jpg

#2164 2 years ago

I can't fold the head down. The hinges hit the bolts holding the side rails in.
Is mine different or something?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just put a washer between cabinet and hinge

20220116_102727 (resized).jpg20220116_102727 (resized).jpg
#2165 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Just put a washer between cabinet and hinge
[quoted image]

Genius.
I didn't see your reply first so I solved it by loosening the hinges slightly. The washer seems a better permanent solution so thanks!

1 week later
#2166 2 years ago

I'm thinking about removing the playfield out of my Pinball Magic. Anyone remove the playfield out of their Pinball Magic? If so, what did you do to get it out?

I wish all machines had an easy system of wire connectors like RFM & SWEP1. Just remove a few connectors and pull the playfield up and out. Easy peaze.

#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Hello everyone.
Welp, I'm picking up a beautiful example of PBM tomorrow from a great pin brother here on Pinside. Shout out to you "Frogman" my friend!
Side note: I hate saying "PM" because every time I see it, my brain says..."Private Message". Lol So the B breaks that up for me.
That said, it took me 3 days, but I read through every single solitary post made in this forum thread to get better acquainted with all things PBM & Capcom. Thank you to Wesley for starting the club.
I must admit that Im loaded with excitement to own a PBM, but also admit a lot of nervousness as it's obviously a very temperamental machine (that unfortunately has driven some here mental) and parts for the title are getting harder & harder to come by.
Thank God for all the great current & past owners here who really have banded together to help anyone with issues or parts needs. From Chris's great playfield lift out tutorial to all of Shenanigans (who btw has an awesome YouTube channel you have to subscribe to for all things pinball) awesome and helpful vids, to guys having parts made for everyone, to Bryan Hansen of Capcom, JJ & APB fame & one of the game's actual designers & engineers himself being on here, to every single person in between. You've all been great & I appreciate you all for all the help, knowledge & solutions you share. They'll help people out with their machines decades down the road & long after we're gone.
I look forward to being in the club & helping others out in anyway that I can.
Thanks Everyone!
Derek.

Welcome to the club!

Quoted from Pinfidel:

I'm thinking about removing the playfield out of my Pinball Magic. Anyone remove the playfield out of their Pinball Magic? If so, what did you do to get it out?
I wish all machines had an easy system of wire connectors like RFM & SWEP1. Just remove a few connectors and pull the playfield up and out. Easy peaze.

You're looking to remove it completely? That I haven't done, but I did figure out a way to have it most of the way out of the cabinet.

Chris

#2168 2 years ago

Hey Chris.

Thanks for that welcome my friend.

Yes, I saw your awesome pf video. It actually was helpful to see how it came forward or up and rested on the back hinge plate.

I've removed playfields before and they're a pain. I've done Hurricane, Baby Pac-Man and RFM for cabinet restoration. I sand everything down, fix and fill damage, paint a primer coat, sand them smooth, paint 2 coats of finish and then re-decal them. It's an arduous process to say the least, but the end results are amazing.

I'd like to do the same with PBM, but the way the pf screws into its pivot bolts worries me. Not just for getting it out, but far tougher will be getting it back in and trying not to scratch everything up. So I was hoping someone would say what tricks they did to get it out and back in again.

#2169 2 years ago

It's been several years since I offered the acrylic ball that goes in the captive ball for pinball magic.
Limited supply in stock after a 4 year absence!
I will build an ad later today and post again here and will also be in my shop later.
Sadly, these have gone up by 25% since I last listed them.
$10 for a brand new shiny acrylic ball. These are stronger than originals and will take a long time to get cloudy and beat up.
I installed one in my PM about 5 years ago and it still looks new with several hundred games.
Shipping will be usps first class mail and is extra. Price depends by which coast your on.

#2170 2 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Ad is for One Ball. I have another batch of the clear acrylic captive balls for Pinball Magic. These are made of strong petg slugs and rounded and polished to perfection. Very Shin...”
2022-04-25
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 73 days
Viewed: 606 times

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It's been several years since I offered the acrylic ball that goes in the captive ball for pinball magic.
Limited supply in stock after a 4 year absence!
I will build an ad later today and post again here and will also be in my shop later.
Sadly, these have gone up by 25% since I last listed them.
$10 for a brand new shiny acrylic ball. These are stronger than originals and will take a long time to get cloudy and beat up.
I installed one in my PM about 5 years ago and it still looks new with several hundred games.
Shipping will be usps first class mail and is extra. Price depends by which coast your on.

I have some of these and they are great! Buy with confidence!

Chrid

#2172 2 years ago

Has anyone found a way to LED pinball magic and retain the effects? I assume it needs a ledocd type board but guess Capcom is a bit obscure and doesn't have the market.

#2173 2 years ago

Has anyone found a way to LED pinball magic and retain the effects? I assume it needs a ledocd type board but guess Capcom is a bit obscure and doesn't have the market.

There is a LED OCD board. This thread has a lot of good info in it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leds-in-capcom-games

Chris

#2174 2 years ago

Yep Capcom LCD OCD is a must in Pinball Magic. You won't regret it. Unfortunately it does look like they are OOS from vendor - http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=21

1 week later
#2175 2 years ago

Played this at Starfighters Pinball Festival last weekend and fell in love. Just a great game.

#2176 2 years ago

@davethetrain, I'm also looking to get an LED OCD board for Capcom. I spoke with Herg who had made them in the past, and the minimum he needs to have made is 25, for it to make financial sense. I think I'll start another thread and have people add their name to the list, and maybe we can convince him to build a batch.

Anyone else in?

Add your name to this post - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-led-ocd-boards

#2177 2 years ago

has anyone made a levitating ball? Can't find one anywhere. Mine came without it :/

ball (resized).jpgball (resized).jpg
#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

has anyone made a levitating ball? Can't find one anywhere. Mine came without it :/[quoted image]

I had replaced mine when I shopped out my machine years ago. I can see if I still have the old one, but I am thinking I gave it to someone who was in the same situation you are in.

I got my replacement from Pinball Spare Parts Australia but I don't see it on their site now.

Chris

#2179 2 years ago

I added a couple fans to the back box to help with the power supply heat. Used metal wire ties for the fan->heat sink, and an unsused 5v/ground (J4) to power. Works pretty well (so far).

IMG_3298 (resized).JPGIMG_3298 (resized).JPGIMG_3299 (resized).JPGIMG_3299 (resized).JPG
#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

I added a couple fans to the back box to help with the power supply heat. Used metal wire ties for the fan->heat sink, and an unsused 5v/ground (J4) to power. Works pretty well (so far).
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this a machine that is on all the time? Just curious. I haven't had any issues with my power supply, but if you were I think your solution is well implemented. I'd just worry about dust, but looks good.

Chris

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Is this a machine that is on all the time? Just curious. I haven't had any issues with my power supply, but if you were I think your solution is well implemented. I'd just worry about dust, but looks good.
Chris

wondering the same. If you have resets there is another way to tackle the real issue

#2182 2 years ago

This is a home machine, so not on all the time. I was shocked at how hot that BR heat sink was.

#2183 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

has anyone made a levitating ball? Can't find one anywhere. Mine came without it :/[quoted image]

Carbide tip to drill the ball (slow, and with oil), gate wire form, just hope the JB weld holds.

9C7DCEE7-50B8-45D3-AA9D-6CC3B359743D (resized).jpeg9C7DCEE7-50B8-45D3-AA9D-6CC3B359743D (resized).jpeg9D8539D3-4410-420D-940D-E8CD966EB1BF (resized).jpeg9D8539D3-4410-420D-940D-E8CD966EB1BF (resized).jpegB0CF24AB-A071-4F68-B231-98BE98A680E6 (resized).jpegB0CF24AB-A071-4F68-B231-98BE98A680E6 (resized).jpegECD874B4-FBA0-4260-9104-31476A97B99F (resized).jpegECD874B4-FBA0-4260-9104-31476A97B99F (resized).jpeg
#2184 2 years ago

Nice job it looks good. I wonder if the motor can handle the weight of a real Pinball as the original it’s just a fake plastic piece.

#2185 2 years ago

Yeah, I'll be surprised if that works consistently. The original weighs almost nothing. Let us know how it works out!

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

Carbide tip to drill the ball (slow, and with oil), gate wire form, just hope the JB weld holds. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work!

Chris

#2187 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, I'll be surprised if that works consistently. The original weighs almost nothing. Let us know how it works out!

If you look at the weight of the one they sell on marcos, it says 3 oz, so I assume that’s a real pinball.

It’s funny too, cause the elevator wouldn’t go down enough on its own to allow the ball to make into its pocket. It would hang up on the lip, then ball search would lift the elevator, and the ball would fall into the cabinet below (against the stage coil). With this added weight, that problem is gone.

I did have to clean off, what I think was lithium grease someone had put on the shaft of the elevator. Didn’t think it belonged. Anyone else have that?

#2188 2 years ago

So it's working? That's very cool! I haven't had issues with the original fake pinball version, knock on wood. I do see the chrome on it isn't that great so you gotta be real careful handling and cleaning it.

#2189 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So it's working? That's very cool! I haven't had issues with the original fake pinball version, knock on wood. I do see the chrome on it isn't that great so you gotta be real careful handling and cleaning it.

It’s working great.

Also, since the LED OCD board is not available, pinstadiums will have to do until theyre made again, hopefully. Inserts are super dark though :/

450A52D7-3E41-4FCC-8414-BCA4871FE74A (resized).jpeg450A52D7-3E41-4FCC-8414-BCA4871FE74A (resized).jpegA8258C9F-CD17-41C6-BBB2-5395D2B239C8 (resized).jpegA8258C9F-CD17-41C6-BBB2-5395D2B239C8 (resized).jpeg

#2190 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

It’s working great.
Also, since the LED OCD board is not available, pinstadiums will have to do until theyre made again, hopefully. Inserts are super dark though :/
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. You sure can see the playfield now! This game is dark with incandescent lighting but the effects they create are pretty cool.

You need the color DMD, it looks amazing in Pinball Magic in my opinion.

Chris

#2191 2 years ago

Adding a traditional coin door to my Breakshot and wondering if anyone can supply photos of where the wires for coin mechs and lamps on the Pinball Magic coin door go. Looked at the manual but my wiring color doesn’t seem to match up quite right.

Couldn't find a Breakshot owners club but pretty sure the wiring will be the same on all Capcom games.

feel free to reply on the post I made here (also has photos of the wires in question): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-coin-door-wiring-help

Thanks so much!

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Adding a traditional coin door to my Breakshot and wondering if anyone can supply photos of where the wires for coin mechs and lamps on the Pinball Magic coin door go. Looked at the manual but my wiring color doesn’t seem to match up quite right.
Couldn't find a Breakshot owners club but pretty sure the wiring will be the same on all Capcom games.
feel free to reply on the post I made here (also has photos of the wires in question): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-coin-door-wiring-help
Thanks so much!

Breakshot club is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only

Not at home but can take some pics of my pinball magic when I get home.

Chris

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Breakshot club is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/breakshot-club-members-only
Not at home but can take some pics of my pinball magic when I get home.
Chris

It does exist!! Thank you!

1 week later
#2194 2 years ago

Hey all.

Quick question... I redid the inside of the cabinet on my machine. While doing so, I came across a green ground wire in the back of the machine that isn't connected to anything.

There is a 2nd green ground wire exactly like it on the other side (right side) of the machine and that ground screws into the ground braid at the very back corner in between the leg bolts.

Can someone please look in the back of their machine to see if they have green ground wires screwed into both back corners of the machine, that go right into the ground braid?

Here are some pics.

The pic with the red arrow is the ground screwed into the ground braid between the leg bolts.

The picture of my hand holding the wire is the ground on the left side of the cabinet. I believe it should be scrwed into the ground braid wire between the leg bolts on the left side.

The other 2 pics show what I did. I painted it 2 coats of the correct purple and then my daughter had the idea to install a cosmic decal inside to go with the magic theme. I said it's more a space themed decal, but whatever she wants. It looks cool and I'm happy with it.

Anyway, I appreciate any help and thank you all in advance.

Screenshot_20220309-155551_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155551_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155558_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155558_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155631_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155631_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155637_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-155637_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2195 2 years ago

I should've added this picture off of Amazon. It's the decal my daughter picked out.

Now, I know how to install decals. I wish I could've removed the playfield and speaker and everything else inside and installed the decal in one piece. It would've looked awesome, but with the wires all dangling down and the transformer and speaker in the way, there was no way I could do it. The idea was that when you lift the playfield, you could fall into it. Lol Kids!

Screenshot_20220309-160524_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220309-160524_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#2196 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Can someone please look in the back of their machine to see if they have green ground wires screwed into both back corners of the machine, that go right into the ground braid?

On my game, both the double green wire and the single green wire are connected to the ground braid at the right rear of the game, near the leg bracket. In other words, I think the green wire that's currently disconnected, gets connected with the other green wire on the ground braid.

Dave

#2197 2 years ago

Oh wow, I wouldn't have thought that.

Thanks for that info Dave. I appreciate you checking for me.

I'm going to wait to see what others say before I hook it to the right side. I would think that either side shouldn't matter, as long as it's grounded, but let's see how it is in a few other members machines.

I won't play a game till I get that grounded though. Don't want to damage anything.

Thanks again Dave.

1 week later
#2198 2 years ago

Got to the end against Magna Matra, only made a few shots and drained but didn't notice any of the shot lights change when I hit the shot. Do you have to keep track of what shots you hit to finish her off?

#2199 2 years ago

It's been a while but I think every shot damages her a bit and you just keep pounding away til she's dead. Probably some shots damage more but not sure...

3 weeks later
#2200 2 years ago

So my stage optical sensor works in test, but not in game. When playing, it sits in the stage until ball search. Anyone have this issue before/have ideas? Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 209.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.