IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 49.
#2101 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

.. video position to the law picture is just a matter of lifting the back of the playfield.

Correct

#2102 2 years ago

Can anybody have a look how this plastic is mounted pls?

The plastic is lifted at that position. Looks like it should be a standup post without thread on top below the plastic left of the scoop.

Thanks.

62581A1E-F55E-48EC-84EB-4124A29FBCAB (resized).jpeg62581A1E-F55E-48EC-84EB-4124A29FBCAB (resized).jpeg65B5FC75-2DF8-4ABD-A21D-8FF193FDF70E (resized).jpeg65B5FC75-2DF8-4ABD-A21D-8FF193FDF70E (resized).jpegF818641B-A31F-4423-9BDC-855031C12708 (resized).jpegF818641B-A31F-4423-9BDC-855031C12708 (resized).jpeg
#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The plastic is lifted at that position. Looks like it should be a standup post without thread on top below the plastic left of the scoop.
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is mine. ***DISCLAIMER*** I don’t know if mine is correct. I do have an issue with balls drawing SDTM from the loop so take these pics for what they are worth. Mine has a plastic post with a pan head screw on it that is going through it. I also have plastic protectors on the machine so that's why the photos looks like they are double plastics. Even if mine is wrong, I do t see how a threaded post should be on top of there.

I have included a shop out pic from 2015 when I tore it down as well. Again, I'm not sure if this is right and would love other owners to chime in as well.

0229FCCC-4E0D-43DB-905F-98808B80D5CD (resized).jpeg0229FCCC-4E0D-43DB-905F-98808B80D5CD (resized).jpeg044DDB60-56E3-4EC3-B8FB-E0D9CCF5DF1D (resized).jpeg044DDB60-56E3-4EC3-B8FB-E0D9CCF5DF1D (resized).jpeg987F789D-2231-4B01-B704-6C0C91764E52 (resized).jpeg987F789D-2231-4B01-B704-6C0C91764E52 (resized).jpegDCDDA720-9611-49F7-B6EA-313DAB04EBE3 (resized).jpegDCDDA720-9611-49F7-B6EA-313DAB04EBE3 (resized).jpeg

shop out (resized).jpgshop out (resized).jpg
#2104 2 years ago

Ha that is def incorrect. It is a metal post

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha that is def incorrect. It is a metal post

whelp, then I'm out. LOL. that probably explains the SDTM shots then. so it should be a metal post with rubber sleeve? and no bolt or screw on top?

Chris

#2106 2 years ago

The Pinball Magic manual shows that there should be a post with a black rubber sleeve. Mine's missing the sleeve and I'll put it on right after I write this!
Here are the parts with the Capcom part numbers:

Post, bumper 1.125", M-F, 8-32 (7/8x1/2) SM00145-04
Nut, 8-32 Stop Nylon Zinc NT00104-08
Washer, flat #8 .375 "OD .032" WS-00105-05
Bumper rubber (post sleeve) 1/4" ID, 1/2" OD, 7/8" L Black RB00105

CapcomPinballMagicPlayfieldPosts (resized).pngCapcomPinballMagicPlayfieldPosts (resized).png
#2107 2 years ago

I'll have to look at it when I get home, this game likes to use posts that are hard to find.
Edit: post above should do the trick

#2108 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Rensh Yours looks like it only needs the nylock nut on top. Check the post and make sure it is 1.125" tall.
I'll look at mine in a few minutes to see if looks like yours.

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This is mine. ***DISCLAIMER*** I don’t know if mine is correct.

Chris, yours isn't a bad hack - they were careful to protect the ball from damage! Should be pretty easy to find that post and sleeve, or cut the head off of that 8-32 screw and screw it in until there's 1-1/8" sticking out. Put a sleeve, washer and nut on it and it's good.
Our Pinball Magic is working almost perfectly now. The only problem is once in a while one of the Genie optos acts up and thinks it has a ball in there. Once I fix that, our PM will be 100% working and mechanically correct!
Thanks to Chris SilverUnicorn for sending me a floating ball. I can't believe that was almost 4-1/2 years ago!!! That's how long our Pinball Magic has been down. I finally replaced the stage ramp, resoldered optos, debugged the floating ball mech, replaced a few flaky microswitches, and rerubbered everything. It is up there with some of the best Pinball Magic machines I have ever seen, which isn't that many. A lot of the Capcoms seem to still be in really good condition - they are high-quality machines.

#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

The only problem is once in a while one of the Genie optos acts up and thinks it has a ball in there.

Mine just recently started this, I cleaned up the optos but the problem persists so I'm guessing I have a flaky transmitter that needs to be replaced.

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine just recently started this, I cleaned up the optos but the problem persists so I'm guessing I have a flaky transmitter that needs to be replaced.

I was thinking of building a little cable that would bypass the two unused optos in the Genie Trough. It's annoying that all 3 have to be working for the Genie to work properly. Only the innermost one needs to be really operating. The other 2 could be bypassed with a special cable adapter.
I would be a really simple "mod" that anyone who can repin a connector could do. The other 2 optos would remain unpowered and could be kept as spares.
I'll give it a try and post my results!

#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Also, bobukcat , don't forget to try reflowing the solder joints on the optos and receivers. That fixed most of my problems on the stage and the genie.

#2113 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmmm, my post doesn't have threads on the top portion. Mine looks like the one Marco sells for Capcom SM00145-05. Theirs is 2" long which would be too long. <edit: they might mean 2" overall length>
Mine makes the plastic bend upwards but not as much as Rensh 's.
Either the manual is wrong and the post uses no washer or nut, or the aftermarket part is incorrect. It looks like my post should be a little shorter. I may grind it down.
Also, left orbit shots now hit the sleeve and bounce off the post. Don't know if it's supposed to be that way. I'll see if I have a skinnier post sleeve to try.
20210622_090431.jpg20210622_090431.jpg20210622_092128.jpg20210622_092128.jpgScreenshot_20210622-095506_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20210622-095506_Firefox.jpg

#2114 2 years ago

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I ended up on just removing with a dremel the threaded part and making it a flat top. This as I had no post fitting in that spot. They are different (thinner) as BW type.

Now the hat is also in a better position to be able to finally make the skill shot. With the plastic tilted it was impossible.

#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

*POOF*
[quoted image][quoted image]

res
If you're super careful and get some help, there is the ultra super secret playfield resting position too. You can actually lift/pull it right out the front of the cab so its nearly all in front of the machine. You'll definitely need something to prop it up securely though. the backboard will be basically sitting where the lockdown bar would be.

#2116 2 years ago

I put a standard 1-1/16 sleeve on that post below the hat and it fits perfectly. Balls rolling down the right side don't bounce off of the post now.

20210622_170424.jpg20210622_170424.jpg20210622_171642.jpg20210622_171642.jpg
1 week later
#2117 2 years ago

I'm sure this isn't new, but it was new to me. I just noticed that Pfutz put his mark on the Pinball Magic CPU board.

Screenshot_20210630-183118_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210630-183118_Gallery.jpg
1 week later
#2118 2 years ago

Just joined the club

20210709_111617 (resized).jpg20210709_111617 (resized).jpg
#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Just joined the club
[quoted image]

Welcome!!! Looks like a nice example too!

Chris

#2120 2 years ago

Welcome!!! Looks like a nice example too!
Chris

Has some smaller hidden flaws but plays fine otherwise

Is it normal behaviour that there is some noticable 'clicking' noise every 4-5seconds from the speakers during attract mode? It is not related to the lamp Matrix nor to changing DMD content

Other question: shooter spring: changed mine to a stronger one so I can make the full left orbit shot and do the first trick immediately via the shooter plunge.
What spring strength is considered the correct one?

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Quick update, I found that the "upper" genie would randomly trigger when tapping the scoop or actuating the plunger, reflowed the solder on the optos and that cleared up the issues.

#2122 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Is it normal behaviour that there is some noticable 'clicking' noise every 4-5seconds from the speakers during attract mode? It is not related to the lamp Matrix nor to changing DMD content
Other question: shooter spring: changed mine to a stronger one so I can make the full left orbit shot and do the first trick immediately via the shooter plunge.
What spring strength is considered the correct one?

No one? Is your shooter strong enough for the full orbit shot or is that considered cheating as you immediately can do the first trick?

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

No one? Is your shooter strong enough for the full orbit shot or is that considered cheating as you immediately can do the first trick?

Mine goes all the way thru very smooth...free 1st trick but no chance at still shot evens it out

#2124 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

Mine will easily make it through but if you completely full-plunge it will reject so there's still some amount of skill involved. I don't know what color spring is on there as I've never had to mess with it.

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

No clicking noise from my speakers...could be a capacitor going bad, or some machinery or electrical equipment that's on the same circuit as your pinball machine.

I don't think it's cheating to plunge for the first trick. Sometimes I can defeat the first 3 magicians in two flips - full plunge around left loop, flip on the fly and hit the captive ball, then catch the ball and shoot it into the stage.

#2126 2 years ago

thank you guys for the replies!

For my clicking noise a created a new topic as it might be related to all Capcoms:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-pm-regular-clicking-noise-during-attract-mode#post-6386947

Let´s see if it´s only on my machine or it´s more common

1 month later
#2127 2 years ago

Guys
Sol. Voltage percent.. What is the default for this? I'd have thought 100%? Mine was on 10!
20210816_132954 (resized).jpg20210816_132954 (resized).jpg
Same question for flipper strength... What is the sweet spot or intended setting?

#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Guys
Sol. Voltage percent.. What is the default for this? I'd have thought 100%? Mine was on 10!
[quoted image]
Same question for flipper strength... What is the sweet spot or intended setting?

Default is 10.
I set my one to 8, same with the Flippers strength

#2129 2 years ago

I have Resetting problem with my PM after a few hours of been on.
Thinking it's a 5v drop or a board pulling the 5v down
Repin the power board 5v gnd plug J4.
Reset all alther boards 5v-Gnd plugs.
I have 2 set of spare boards set.
All power boards have been served.
So far have tryed all 3 power board , tryed 2 CPU boards, 2 Sound boards.
just change the display power board to see how it go's in the next 24 hours

#2130 2 years ago

Guys
[quoted image]

mine is set at 10 for both.

Chris

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Look up Pinsider Shenanigander. I believe he had a similar issue with his Pinball Magic, but I don't remember the fix.

Shenanigander can you elaborate?

Chris

#2132 2 years ago

Guys
[quoted image]

It seems the solenoid percent setting DOES NOT influence the solenoid power
I assume if it is off more than the 10% adjusted one gets an error message

default is 10%

Just my guess-maybe someone else has better insight on that

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2133 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

It seems the solenoid percent setting DOES NOT influence the solenoid power
I assume if it is off more than the 10% adjusted one gets an error message
default is 10%
Just my guess-maybe someone else has better insight on that
[quoted image]

What an odd thing to include, I guess it was originally an adjustment and they just disabled the functionality at some point but didn't bother to remove it from the code for various reasons.

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

After replacing Display power board game has not reset for All the time it was on yesterday.
Stared resetting again after been on for 4hours

Look up Pinsider Shenanigander. I believe he had a similar issue with his Pinball Magic, but I don't remember the fix.
Chris

Only just started waching hes Vids.
On one of Vids he was waiting on a replament power board.

#2135 2 years ago

Chris

I bought a NOS power board and it never reset since installing it! Got it from https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

I bought a NOS power board and it never reset since installing it! Got it from https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/

I have several power boards that I am listing.
I also have several sound boards, 3.
Pm me for pics and details.

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Pinball Magic Sound board, this will also work in a Airborne. This is practically new in appearance and has only been bench tested. No Roms included except U24. Selling as Used si...”
2021-08-21
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 251 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2137 2 years ago

2 Sound boards pending from above ad.
Adding a Display power board for the dmd.
I also have Power Driver Boards left at $125 each shipped.

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Capcom Display power board for Most all Capcom Pinball machines. This board powers your DMD Display. Won't work in Flipper Football. I am also not sure about Breakshot, thus I onl...”
2021-08-22
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 23 days
Viewed: 99 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2138 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:I have several power boards that I am listing.

30 boards!!!! That is some Capcom gold right there!!!

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

30 boards!!!! That is some Capcom gold right there!!!

Ya, but 10 are not for pinball. I have a thread going. I still don't know what 6 go to.

2 weeks later
#2140 2 years ago

Watched my buddy Erik aka chuckwurt beat Magna Matra last night and recorded it from on my phone. I had been to that mode a couple times but have never beat it, I'm glad I recorded it because it shows that the rulesheet isn't exactly correct and some shots don't actually count towards beating her. Unfortunately there's a lot of background chatter from my friends so I'm not sure I want to upload it and post it, I don't have any editing tools or skills to try to remove that either.

#2141 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Watched my buddy Erik aka chuckwurt beat Magna Matra last night and recorded it from on my phone. I had been to that mode a couple times but have never beat it, I'm glad I recorded it because it shows that the rulesheet isn't exactly correct and some shots don't actually count towards beating her. Unfortunately there's a lot of background chatter from my friends so I'm not sure I want to upload it and post it, I don't have any editing tools or skills to try to remove that either.

Ohh chuck! Never beaten her.
I'd love to see it.

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ohh chuck! Never beaten her.
I'd love to see it.

I'll PM you a link.

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

After reviewing the video a couple more times and talking to Erik I decided to go ahead and post the link. SPOILER ALERT, if you don't want to see the end of the wizard mode, don't watch this. Sorry for the poor quality, I guess I had the setting for video on my phone turned way down for some reason.

#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

After reviewing the video a couple more times and talking to Erik I decided to go ahead and post the link. SPOILER ALERT, if you don't want to see the end of the wizard mode, don't watch this. Sorry for the poor quality, I guess I had the setting for video on my phone turned way down for some reason.

couple of things watching this.

1) I need to learn some of those save moves
2) I SUCK at Pinball Magic looking at that score!

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Chris

#2145 2 years ago

couple of things watching this.
1) I need to learn some of those save moves
2) I SUCK at Pinball Magic looking at that score!
Very cool, thanks for sharing!
Chris

Yeah, Erik is a pretty damned good player and he was on a mission to beat this game as I'm getting ready to sell it.

2 weeks later
#2146 2 years ago

Who sells replacement Capcom flipper coils for Pinball Magic? Checked Marco and Pinball Life but came up with nothing.

Edit: this must be it https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CL-00111

#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

Who sells replacement Capcom flipper coils for Pinball Magic? Checked Marco and Pinball Life but came up with nothing.
Edit: this must be it https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CL-00111

That looks to small to be a flipper coil. It says solenoid. That's for many other mechs in game.

#2148 2 years ago

I have a excellent shape DMD that was pulled when I installed all 3 versions of ColorDMD.
Yes all 3, I was a beta tester for this title.
So selling my dmd and offering here to club first. It will also fit Airborne,BBB original and a Kingpin if your lucky to have one. Will not work in Breakshot.
Pm me for details.

1 week later
#2149 2 years ago

If anyone is looking to join the club, I have a very nice Pinball Magic in Maryvile Tn for trade. I love the table, but I have beaten it so many times now, I kind of want to mix it up with something else.

#2150 2 years ago

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Pinball Magic Capcom Display in Great Condition. Pulled working for Colordmd replacement. Made by Cherry Inc. Free Shipping for USA.”
2022-01-15
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 62 days
Viewed: 349 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.