IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 49.
#2001 3 years ago

This isn't specific to Capcom games as the boards are obviously different and I believe Capcom pulses much faster but the general troubleshooting steps are still the same. First though make sure you don't have a bad socket or set of sockets that's creating a short. And make sure they are no LEDs installed unless you have the OCD board too. Good luck!!

Sorry, forgot the link: https://homepinballrepair.com/pinball-lamp-matrix-theory-and-troubleshooting/

2 weeks later
#2002 3 years ago

Does anyone know what to call and/or where I can source the black trim that sits on top of the lower backbox panel that has the channel for the backglass? I picked up a project pinball magic that didn't have this piece included and can't seem to find it, any help is appreciated!

trim (resized).pngtrim (resized).png
#2003 3 years ago

Forgot to resign from the club, Magic left two weeks ago.

#2004 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Does anyone know what to call and/or where I can source the black trim that sits on top of the lower backbox panel that has the channel for the backglass? I picked up a project pinball magic that didn't have this piece included and can't seem to find it, any help is appreciated!
[quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8265-1

Not sure what size capcom uses, but this should give you an idea of where to start.

#2005 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8265-1
Not sure what size capcom uses, but this should give you an idea of where to start.

This should work hopefully, thanks!

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Forgot to resign from the club, Magic left two weeks ago.

The first rule of resigning from Pinball Magic Club is that you don't talk about resigning from Pinball Magic Club.

Sorry you sold yours but no need to resign You've been a wealth of knowledge so please stick around!

Chris

#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

So, I've had my Pinball Magic 5 years now. I had always thought the wireforms looked dull. Not worn, just "dull" I tried to polish them up but nothing changed, so I just kind of lived with them. I had the opportunity to get a NOS loop wireform and jumped at it. Now that I got it, I am thinking my original wireforms were podercoated. Like I said, they aren't bad, just not shiny.
My guess is that they were worn and someone had them powercoated. Now I am conflicted. I Love the shiny new one, but then the other one won't match
First world problems I guess. Oh and I got a really cool cad drawing of the ramp. Anyone want to reproduce them? LOL
Pics of my wireforms vs. the new one included.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My old machine came from Italy and it was exactly the same powered coat colour. I wonder if some came this way as powder coating wasn’t really a “mod” for operators back in the day.

#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

My plunger doesn't slide as freely as I like. I was going to replace the plunger sleeve, but couldn't remove whatever's in the housing: seems like a brass sleeve but flanged on both sides. What's up with that? Are these removable? I tried, but they seem pretty permanent.

Sorry if this was answered later in the thread but the Capcoms (and I think Sterns today) had a particular shooter housing with an oil impregnated bronze bushing called Oilite- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oilite

I bough a NOS one for my Airborne but you can buy the bushings from engineering type places.

I had to drill my old bushings out very carefully and tapped in the new ones. Made the world of difference.

#2009 3 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Every shot on the game has to be made to kill Matra Magna I believe.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pinball/915937-pinball-magic/faqs/1450

Resurrecting an old point of discussion here because I've not managed to beat her yet and it doesn't really light any of the shots. Sometimes hitting certain stand-ups will award damage but it appears that if you wait too long between them she regains strength and fires her wand at you. I haven't been able to find a video stream of anyone beating her either so if anyone has pointers or tips on how to finish her off please share!

#2010 3 years ago

Why are so many people selling right now? This game is awesome!?!?

#2011 3 years ago

Mine didn't fit my collection, all either modern machines or Bally/Williams and older Sterns.

Can be a bit polarizing the repetitive rules too, if you really are wondering.

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I keep kicking around letting mine go. I have owned it a few years. I owned another before that.

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Maybe the prices games are fetching now? Capcoms don't seem to get too crazy, but they are still up there.

Chris

#2014 3 years ago

I have a NOS set of plastics for sale in the market.
These dont come up too often.

#2015 3 years ago

Are the 5 left drop targets supposed to pop back up after knocking all of them down? I noticed that mine remained down and only popped back up after a ball drain.

#2016 3 years ago

Yes, clean switches at drop targets first. One is not making good contact.

#2017 3 years ago

Plastics sold pending

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Plastics sold pending

Rats. That's what i get for drinking last night and sleeping in

Chris

#2019 3 years ago

Plastic set still available.

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Plastic set still available.

PM sent

#2022 3 years ago

See, drinking all night and sleeping in wins again!

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

See, drinking all night and sleeping in wins again!

Apparently so! LOL

Chris

#2024 3 years ago

Apparently so! LOL
Chris

I already have a set of plastics , but you seem to beat me to all the spare parts.

#2025 3 years ago

for all those with spare plastics,
does anyone have a spare one of these you would be willing to part with?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/AW00123-07

Ive been looking for one for my game for a while with no avail, this is the only plastic I need if anyone can help me out

#2026 3 years ago

Happened last night, this is the second post I've busted off on this game and I've never seen this happen on another game in my life. I tried turning the flipper power down a bit because I do think it's a bit high but then the already hard to hit ramp becomes REALLY hard to hit. I may need to lower the playfield pitch (it's about 6.8 now) and try the lower flipper power again. Some of these posts (I haven't checked this one yet) are basically impossible to find and you have to sub in something else.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2027 3 years ago

Have owned 4 capcoms, 2 pinball magics, and have not had that issue. Have had it on a couple of other games. Most likely someone overtightened it at some point in its life.

#2028 3 years ago

Bobukat, the game is 25 years old, things break. Like dung said, someone probably over tightened. Replace it and set up the game the way you like to play it.

Although I'll admit I had one break when I stripped the pf earlier this year. Couldn't find the exact part, so I had to move around a couple from the pf and replace a hidden one with a different part.

#2029 3 years ago

Hey Bob, what's the difference with the PM post and a regular old William's, like this one right here

1606257804131583287311266852983 (resized).jpg1606257804131583287311266852983 (resized).jpg
#2030 3 years ago

I agree that replacing the post with just a regular old Bally Williams post should suffice. It's only purpose is to host a post sleeve and if any generic post is serving that purpose then you are good to go.

My question is what flipper power do you guys have your Pinball Magic set to? Been working on my machine on and off for about a year and after solving the last major issue I finally just tonight got it on legs and starting to play test it really for the first time. This is a real special game and can't wait to explore the rules once I get it at 100%. Almost there.

20201124_212032 (resized).jpg20201124_212032 (resized).jpg
#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Hey Bob, what's the difference with the PM post and a regular old William's, like this one right here
[quoted image]

Trying to keep it OG as much as possible and they are different sizes than anything Stern or B/W used, why I have no idea.

#2032 3 years ago

Does anyone have any extra coil stops they would sell? A-00378

PPSA is out of stock

I think I read that the ones posted at marco are not what you get when you order them?

Or are you just doing the data east coil stops with the washers under them to adjust for the height difference?

Between the 2 flipper mechs on the machine and the 2 extra mechs I bought I have only 1 original coil stop.

21_006821_3 (resized).jpg21_006821_3 (resized).jpg
#2033 3 years ago

So I finally installed the stage doors I had made. They work great. See video. The issue I had is that due to the thickness of the repro doors the original hardware will not fit so you can either modify the doors or change the hardware (which is what I did).

I have 2 sets left and not sure if I will bother making anymore. Not sure the demand is there. $30usd shipping included.

Here is the video I took last night...

#2034 3 years ago

Anyone have one of these or know where to get one? Capcom Apron Decal...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-13E

#2035 3 years ago

I might have an extra one laying around somewhere, I will look after the holiday!

#2036 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Anyone have one of these or know where to get one? Capcom Apron Decal...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-13E

I thought I had a few of those but all I could find was the larger "CAPCOM" that is in the center of that decal, but it's way too big for the apron area.

Hopefully wackenhut can find one for ya!

Chris

#2037 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I might have an extra one laying around somewhere, I will look after the holiday!

That would be awesome thanks!!!!

#2038 3 years ago

I thought I had a few of those but all I could find was the larger "CAPCOM" that is in the center of that decal, but it's way too big for the apron area.
Hopefully wackenhut can find one for ya!
Chris

Thanks for checking!

2 weeks later
#2039 3 years ago

From day 1 I had flaky optos for the stage door.

I reflowed them and were good for a while then got flaky again

Replaced both optos with Bally/Williams ones and all was good for a while and now flaky again

They come on and off randomly and can be seen clearly in switch test.

Anyone else have this issue?

I could rebuild the whole harness, new wires and repin connectors if needed or does anyone happen to have a opto harness for the stage doors? Or any other suggestions?

Maybe the issue is further down the line?

#2040 3 years ago

Posted this earlier but try it.

I fixed several flaky switches by putting jumpers on the ground connection to known good ground spots.

The gauge of the ground wire is too small and I found many that had breaks causing intermittent and perm breaks in the circuit.

I did this after I reflowed my optos and it worked.

#2041 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Posted this earlier but try it.
I fixed several flaky switches by putting jumpers on the ground connection to known good ground spots.
The gauge of the ground wire is too small and I found many that had breaks causing intermittent and perm breaks in the circuit.
I did this after I reflowed my optos and it worked.

Thanks Black Knight. Ill look into this!

3 weeks later
#2042 3 years ago

Just picked Pinball Magic up today

20210110_145939 (resized).jpg20210110_145939 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2043 3 years ago

Anyone have a Top Hat they would part with? Or know where I can get one? Out of stock everywhere I've looked.

Top Hat Pinball Magic GS-PM48HAT

2 weeks later
#2044 3 years ago

Still looking for a replacement hat. Also is there a speaker light kit that fits this pin?

Edit: Speaker light

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Still looking for a replacement hat. Also is there a light kit that fits this pin?

If you want to add brighter bulbs, I'd check for availability of the capcom LEDOCD board.
I'm not sure if pinstadiums work...

#2046 3 years ago

Yeah LEDOCD is an option, I've had a rough go with it though.

#2047 3 years ago

I am looking for a speaker light kit and a new hat for the skill shot. Thank you for your help.

1 week later
#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I am looking for a speaker light kit and a new hat for the skill shot. Thank you for your help.

ebay.com link: Lot of Capcom Pinball Magic plastic ramp parts

There is a TopHat in this bundle.

1 week later
#2049 3 years ago

Picked up a PM a few months ago. It’s not quite as nice as my HUO Airborne, but I’m enjoying it.

Always thought PM was a visually spectacular game and the color LCD is a must for it.

B2DFC2B9-24A2-4F89-9F07-A08DE78D296A (resized).jpegB2DFC2B9-24A2-4F89-9F07-A08DE78D296A (resized).jpeg
#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

Picked up a PM a few months ago. It’s not quite as nice as my HUO Airborne, but I’m enjoying it.
Always thought PM was a visually spectacular game and the color LCD is a must for it.
[quoted image]

nice! The color DMD is great in Pinball Magic. I wish they'd do one for Airborne. @ great games!

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/41?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.