Topic Stats

• 1,972 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 460 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

display (resized).jpg
Touchup2 (resized).jpg
TouchUp1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
A0E7E237-2E31-4BB2-95CF-200072AA911A (resized).jpeg
612A066B-2C7C-49C5-BC15-386A84B4975A (resized).jpeg
558ACC1D-7DE4-4E35-8AFF-273AB15D1236 (resized).jpeg
96254964-2F06-433F-BD30-6B1826C5760E (resized).jpeg
20200506_135642 (resized).jpg
20200506_135443 (resized).jpg
20200506_135510 (resized).jpg
83_009383_9 (resized).jpg
15867907299615448951677793889817 (resized).jpg
1586790714852650965816988050125 (resized).jpg
PM (resized).png
20200408_172717 (resized).jpg

There are 1972 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 40.
#1951 43 days ago

So where is the fake ball?

Post some pics.

#1952 43 days ago

I’ll take a video next time I’m there.

#1953 42 days ago

I would bet that the elevator is just not settling at the right spot at the bottom, when this happens the ball doesn't close the switch and the game doesn't know it's there so it eventually does ball search and raises the elevator to the top, dumping the ball out onto the wireform but not awarding the shot. There are adjustments in settings for this but it can take multiple times testing it to get it just right.

1 week later
#1954 31 days ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Brought this home the other night and joined the club.
Spent the first night cleaning out the bottom of the cabinet and clearing out and fixing all the errors.
Got all the errors fixed, but have a quick question.
What are these two white plastic pieces I found in the bottom of the cabinet? Also, where do they go?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seen a post about these sone time back in this club
Maybe 15 pages back?
Think someone sid Thay fit on the lockdown to help hold the glass for shipping

#1955 31 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

The ball appears at the top. The stage door opens but nothing happens inside of it. When it’s not lit the stage door will open and kick a ball out

Check underneath the playfield. There is a motor with an armature that connects to a peice of plastic that slides up and down. There is a spring as well. Every once in a while mine would come apart and I would have to put it back together. Another time, the switch got slightly bent from the ball flying in there, and I had to make a small adjustment to it so that it would register the ball inside again.

#1956 31 days ago

Having probs with the trunk on the rail on mine. It was firing the bottom gate over and over on startup. My mate reflowed and aligned the opto board and that fixed it, but only for a day. Now it's doing the same thing.
Any ideas?

#1957 30 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Having probs with the trunk on the rail on mine. It was firing the bottom gate over and over on startup. My mate reflowed and aligned the opto board and that fixed it, but only for a day. Now it's doing the same thing.
Any ideas?

Flip the resistors to the back side of the opto board

#1958 30 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Flip the resistors to the back side of the opto board

Really? I'll tell my tech to do that if it's a real thing. What will i say the reason is?

#1959 30 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Really? I'll tell my tech to do that if it's a real thing. What will i say the reason is?

It's to keep the heat away from the optos.

Have you checked the trough optos too? I believe the two work together when trying to figure out where the balls are. What is the behavior when you are in switch test mode?

My miracle cure for all things Pinball Magic is to test and rewire the ground wiring that is connect to a switch or opto that is acting up.

The wiring gauge is too small and I found a handful of breaks that were not visible externally. My ball trough optos, stage optos, captive ball switch, and a couple of others were all acting weird and inconsistent. After rewiring, they are all working like a champ.

So if you can't figure it out, use a couple of alligators to temporarily ground the switch and see if it makes a difference.

#1960 30 days ago

Ok, i'll tell him that, thanks. i don't work on them myself if i can avoid it. Too old to learn all those new skills.

3 weeks later
#1961 6 days ago

PBM was sold , forgot about a pile of board sets I have for Capcom games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102416

#1962 6 days ago

Also have a display available....

display (resized).jpg
#1963 5 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

[quoted image]

Cool! What else capcom you have laying around?

#1964 5 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

[quoted image]

PM sent.

#1965 5 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Cool! What else capcom you have laying around?

Just the boards and the display panel, buyer of Airborne tentatively purchased all extras when he bought the game. If he changes his mind will post to the Airborne Club.

#1966 4 days ago

Hi all,
Currently borrowing a Pinball Magic and hoping to get some info from experienced owners.

I get an insane amount of sdtm drains from shooting the middle loop.
Sometimes saveable if you don't flip but often seems destined to drain.
For a while a full plunge on the shooter rod would put it stdm too but a bit of adjustment has got the ball hitting the right flipper.

I've checked the pin is level but the middle loop shot still drains the ball nearly every time which is frustrating.
If i adjust the levellers I end up with the full plunge going sdtm.

I can't seem to get it right, especially consider a spirit level and the pinball leveller app say its level in both directions.

What flipper should a full flunge take you to?
Is this common with PM?

#1967 3 days ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Hi all,
Currently borrowing a Pinball Magic and hoping to get some info from experienced owners.
I get an insane amount of sdtm drains from shooting the middle loop.
Sometimes saveable if you don't flip but often seems destined to drain.
For a while a full plunge on the shooter rod would put it stdm too but a bit of adjustment has got the ball hitting the right flipper.
I've checked the pin is level but the middle loop shot still drains the ball nearly every time which is frustrating.
If i adjust the levellers I end up with the full plunge going sdtm.
I can't seem to get it right, especially consider a spirit level and the pinball leveller app say its level in both directions.
What flipper should a full flunge take you to?
Is this common with PM?

I have this problem with mine as well all the time. It was super annoying to people at the Pinball Show I took it to a few years back. I've adjusted all I can adjust and short of making the machine unlevel I can't seem to get rid of the isue.

I'd love to hear if others have this as well.

Chris

#1968 2 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I have this problem with mine as well all the time. It was super annoying to people at the Pinball Show I took it to a few years back. I've adjusted all I can adjust and short of making the machine unlevel I can't seem to get rid of the isue.
I'd love to hear if others have this as well.
Chris

If I hit the center loop enough to make the loop it always goes to my right flipper, super-slow ones may hit the top of the right sling but that's pretty unusual. A full plunge from the ball launch will usually NOT make the full loop but rather rattle around and end up heading somewhat SDTM but almost always salvageable. If probably depends on a lot of factors including how strong the plunger spring is but on mine it takes about 75% plunge to complete the loop for the skill shot.

#1969 2 days ago

I consistently have the same issue - hitting the left loop is an insta-drain at least 70% of the time. It is certainly frustrating to hit your shot and then dread the almost certain result.

They only time I get any relief is if I slightly bend the bottom of the guide where the ball exits on the right exit slightly towards the center of the playfield. The post near the exit makes bending it "in" towards the shooter lane pointless. Eventually, the guide moves back to its natural position and the drains return.

Would certainly be interested in hearing others' solutions.

#1970 6 hours ago

On the left loop SDTM,

I noticed it only happened with fast balls and they would go left at the bottom.
Turns out they were hitting that red post under the hat. I don't understand why slower balls aren't affected.

I loosened the ball guide under the playfield and was able to adjust it enough that balls don't hit the post.
I did try bending it a bit poking a screwdriver between the guide and post but like a previous poster has said, eventually it seems to go back.

Loosening it from the bottom and moving it appears to have worked and its still ok two days later

Fingers crossed.

#1971 4 hours ago

What is the original bulb that is supposed to go inside the ring on the magic want hand?

#1972 4 hours ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What is the original bulb that is supposed to go inside the ring on the magic want hand?

green condom'd 44

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1972 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside