IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 49.
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Fair enough.
I’m just going to put them in the coin box for now and not worry too much about it then.
I appreciate you looking.
I just assumed they went to the game somewhere since they were in the cabinet. But then again I guess anything could be at the bottom of a cab.
If I ever figure it out I’ll share it here.

I bet they are super rare magic blocks....

#1902 3 years ago

Those two nylon blocks go on the bottom of the lockdown bar. See if there is any glue residue indicating where they were. If you need a pic let me know and I will try to get you one.

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from ABT12:

Those two nylon blocks go on the bottom of the lockdown bar. See if there is any glue residue indicating where they were. If you need a pic let me know and I will try to get you one.

Ok, we have a winner.
Yes, they seem to fit perfectly on the underside of the lock bar and act as a support keeping the middle of the lock bar from bowing when you put pressure on it.

When you get a chance, I would love to see how far apart yours are spaced and where the placement is.

Frankly this machine is soo dirty at the moment I can tell how they mount, but unsure how far apart they were spaced.

Attached is a photo of how I think they are supposed to be mounted.

A0E7E237-2E31-4BB2-95CF-200072AA911A (resized).jpegA0E7E237-2E31-4BB2-95CF-200072AA911A (resized).jpeg

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Ok, we have a winner.
Yes, they seem to fit perfectly on the underside of the lock bar and act as a support keeping the middle of the lock bar from bowing when you put pressure on it.
When you get a chance, I would love to see how far apart yours are spaced and where the placement is.
Frankly this machine is soo dirty at the moment I can tell how they mount, but unsure how far apart they were spaced.
Attached is a photo of how I think they are supposed to be mounted.
[quoted image]

Interesting. I don't have these on any of my Capcom machines. I wonder if was a shipping thing, or if they just fell off over time.

Chris

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Interesting. I don't have these on any of my Capcom machines. I wonder if was a shipping thing, or if they just fell off over time.
Chris

My Airborne does not have them either.
It does seem like a part that would come off pretty easily and get discarded (especially on route).

That said, these could be reproduced pretty easily. Either by cutting them out with a ban saw (which is how these appear to have been made), or 3D printed.
Wonder if there is much of a demand?
I suppose if they were really cheap.
Seems like they would also work on other manufacturers games as well.

#1906 3 years ago

Anyone still got their unboxing instructions? May say to remove and discard.

#1907 3 years ago

Not the best lighting but here's the one from my PM.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Anyone still got their unboxing instructions? May say to remove and discard.

Possibly, but now that I see where they fit, they actually do serve a purpose.

It makes the lock bar fit more snug and prevents bowing in the middle when pressure is applied.
I’m going to put mine back in.

#1909 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Not the best lighting but here's the one from my PM.
[quoted image]

Awesome, thank you.

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Fair enough.
I’m just going to put them in the coin box for now and not worry too much about it then.
I appreciate you looking.
I just assumed they went to the game somewhere since they were in the cabinet. But then again I guess anything could be at the bottom of a cab.
If I ever figure it out I’ll share it here.

Glad you found your answer. Never seen them on any game before. Not my Airborne either. I didn't actually look though lol, I was just recalling from when I was tearing the machine apart. I have pretty much removed and repaired/rebuilt every mech on the machine and studied the schematics lots.

#1911 3 years ago

I fully restored restored mine few years back and NEVER saw those peices in mine

#1912 3 years ago

OK, here are approximate spacings on my lockdown bar. When looking at the bottom of the lockdown bar as in bobukcat's photo the block on the right is spaced about 6-7/8" from the inside right edge of the bar. The block on the left is spaced about 4-3/4" from the inside left edge of the bar. There is a space about 8-1/2" wide between the blocks. It is probably not real critical where they are placed as long as they do not interfere with anything on the receiver, such as the playfield hangers.

#1913 3 years ago

My plunger doesn't slide as freely as I like. I was going to replace the plunger sleeve, but couldn't remove whatever's in the housing: seems like a brass sleeve but flanged on both sides. What's up with that? Are these removable? I tried, but they seem pretty permanent.

#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

My plunger doesn't slide as freely as I like.

Put some napatha on a rag and jer....er, rub it down.

#1915 3 years ago

Yeah, tried cleaning. But there is a black mark/stain that doesn't go away, wonder if the plunger just needs replacing.

Anyone know the proper shooter springs for PM? Inner and outer? Those seem pretty worn too.

#1916 3 years ago

Use scotchbrite to clean it up. It’ll get any corrosion off and even it out.

#1917 3 years ago

Seems like it was the housing. I cleaned both thoroughly again, but switched the housing with my Breakshot. It's much better now. I also put the strongest spring I had on, but I think the plunge is a little violent now. Still doesn't make it around the loop, but think that's the angle of the habittrail I need to adjust now.

#1918 3 years ago

Anyone know a close color match for the cabinet purple? I want to do some touch up on the head.

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Anyone know a close color match for the cabinet purple? I want to do some touch up on the head.

Yes, yes. Been on my to do list.
Paint match code would be nice.
Off topic, but need paint match for my Elektra to.

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Seems like it was the housing. I cleaned both thoroughly again, but switched the housing with my Breakshot. It's much better now. I also put the strongest spring I had on, but I think the plunge is a little violent now. Still doesn't make it around the loop, but think that's the angle of the habittrail I need to adjust now.

The loop might need adjusted. Where the loop bolts to the playfield it has to be below the wood. Sometimes they get tighten to much and bends the ends up. Then you have to bend them down. The ball hits the metal and jumps up and wont go around the loop.

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

The loop might need adjusted. Where the loop bolts to the playfield it has to be below the wood. Sometimes they get tighten to much and bends the ends up. Then you have to bend them down. The ball hits the metal and jumps up and wont go around the loop.

I meant the playfield orbit, but this is probably worth looking at too, all of this factors into the launch. On a good plunge that leaves the habittrail smoothly, when it reaches the orbit, the ball looses most of it's energy bouncing back and forth on the ball guides rather than proceeding through the orbit. I tried adjusting the angle already, may have to bend the habittrail.

#1922 3 years ago

I got the plunge-to-orbit shot working pretty consistently if not totally smoothly. It took a lot of adjustments: strong right plunger spring, weak right recoil spring (not a new one), bending the habittrail a little wider, and repositioning the habittrail exit with the mounting screws.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I decided to pick up some acrylic paint to experiment. I found Americana's Dioxazine Purple is a pretty close match. I redid the whole bottom front-facing trim. It's a little flat, but I can't even notice the difference from playing position.

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I decided to pick up some acrylic paint to experiment. I found Americana's Dioxazine Purple is a pretty close match. I redid the whole bottom front-facing trim. It's a little flat, but I can't even notice the difference from playing position.

Cool. Can you post a pic or two? Some glossy clear coat should solve the flat appearance.

#1925 3 years ago

I since did the whole front-facing trim, so it's difficult to see the difference, tried to get a shot showing the inside surface that's original.

Looks like I missed a spot at the top left where you can see it's shiny. The clear's a good thought, think I'll do that after giving it one more coat.

TouchUp1 (resized).jpgTouchUp1 (resized).jpg
Touchup2 (resized).jpgTouchup2 (resized).jpg

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I since did the whole front-facing trim, so it's difficult to see the difference, tried to get a shot showing the inside surface that's original.
Looks like I missed a spot at the top left where you can see it's shiny. The clear's a good thought, think I'll do that after giving it one more coat.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks good! I like.

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

I had some stage doors made from a scan of a NOS set. The art is darker and the material is a bit thicker. The overall size seems perfect compared to the originals. I wont know if they work until I get my parts from Australia as I was missing pretty much all of the mounting hardware. [quoted image][quoted image]

Still have 4 sets of Stage Doors left if anyone wants. $30USD shipping included.

On a side note: I still haven't got my parts from Pinball Spare Parts Australia which was shipped April 9th. I emailed PSPA a couple weeks ago but did not get a response. Anyone else order from them recently?

LH145966079AU
It's on its way
Most recent update

Delayed - transferred to sea carrier and departed by ship

GRANVILLE NSW

Date & time Sat 16 May • 4:00pm
Details
Date & time
Column, event details,

Delayed - transferred to sea carrier and departed by ship

GRANVILLE NSW
Column, event date and time,

Sat 16 May • 4:00pm
Column, event details,

Cleared and awaiting international departure

MELBOURNE VIC

Fri 1 May • 9:17am
Column, event details,

Item processed at facility

MELBOURNE VIC

Fri 17 Apr • 8:02am
Column, event details,

Received by Australia Post

BAYSWATER VIC

Thu 9 Apr • 5:24pm

#1928 3 years ago

Don't worry it works both ways. Shipping from the states is taking weeks too.

#1929 3 years ago

Still have 4 sets of Stage Doors left if anyone wants. $30USD shipping included.

Id love a set! Thanks for offering them.
Pm sending

#1930 3 years ago

2 sets of repro doors left. For more details on these just scroll back a few pages. Thanks, Mike

#1931 3 years ago

2 sets of repro doors left. For more details on these just scroll back a few pages. Thanks, Mike

Did you get these installed and tested for fit in your game? If yes and they work I'll buy a set!

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you get these installed and tested for fit in your game? If yes and they work I'll buy a set!

Scroll back 5 posts and you see that sadly I am still waiting for my parts to arrive from Australia so haven't been able to fit and test in my machine yet. Only have tested outside the machine in the stage mech. (I posted a video of this test maybe a page or 2 back). I ordered my parts about 3 months ago

#1934 3 years ago

I ordered April 7th , although not the fault of PSPA as they shipped it out same day.
Still awaiting delivery

#1935 3 years ago

all posted items sent from Australia go sea freight at the moment. it will take some weeks.

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus#international

also a good idea to check your spam file before saying you didnt get a response as a few people have chucked a fit then said "oh sorry, there it is"

#1936 3 years ago

Just got decals from #mancave for Black rose. Took just under 2 weeks. Flat, but big package.

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

all posted items sent from Australia go sea freight at the moment. it will take some weeks.
https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus#international
also a good idea to check your spam file before saying you didnt get a response as a few people have chucked a fit then said "oh sorry, there it is"

Thats only economy air, Express International with Tracking is still all good

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Thats only economy air, Express International with Tracking is still all good

gosh thanks wayne. no real glory for you in complicating the overal issue? perhaps just scroll on?

From the link... Express parcels stil have a leadtime of 7-20 business days, standard -25 and

"Despite our best endeavours, it is therefore likely that some items will take longer than the stated delivery times and we ask for your understanding" .

Its going to be at least three weeks as a guide. probably more. basically .. its going to be painfully slow unless you pay courier rates.

#1939 3 years ago

HI Guys

Mark the owner of PSPA here , yes some shipping is shocking , when they missed all the planes , seems they have sent the older shipments via sea
no refund or even a email to us , Australia Post keeps updating the site with info
I am sorry if Ive missed replying to emails , we are so snowed under here its not funny
you are welcome to send me the order number and I will re check for you
and if anyone wants to come and help me sort out the last 40 for container full of capcom parts You'e very welcome. I am happy to load some pictures here
of it too.
thanks
mark

#1940 3 years ago

I will come help you mark , you can pay me in airborne parts.

Have no fear guys PSPA is an outstanding company all parts will arrive eventually

Quoted from PSPA:

HI Guys
Mark the owner of PSPA here , yes some shipping is shocking , when they missed all the planes , seems they have sent the older shipments via sea
no refund or even a email to us , Australia Post keeps updating the site with info
I am sorry if Ive missed replying to emails , we are so snowed under here its not funny
and if anyone wants to come and help me sort out the last 40 for container full of capcom parts You'e very welcome. I am happy to load some pictures here
of it too.
thanks
mark

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from PSPA:

HI Guys
of it too.
thanks
mark

Thanks for the update Mark! Much appreciated. More Capcom parts...sweet!

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from Rusty_balls:

Have no fear guys PSPA is an outstanding company all parts will arrive eventually

Agreed, always done everyone right as far as I know.

#1943 3 years ago

problem is customers get upset as parts delayed by post and file paypal disputes, then receive parts and don't pay for them

#1944 3 years ago

problem is customers get upset as parts delayed by post and file paypal disputes, then receive parts and don't pay for them

That might fall under the category of fraud.

#1945 3 years ago

That's just not right!

2 weeks later
#1946 3 years ago

So I have a pinball magic at work, haven’t opened it up to mess with it at all. It plays very good but I noticed today while playing the levitating ball didn’t work. Curious how hard this is gonna be to fix. I’m not certain how the trick works but I know it can’t be the real ball as the real one appears up top fine and the stage VUK works fine when the real ball goes in.

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

So I have a pinball magic at work, haven’t opened it up to mess with it at all. It plays very good but I noticed today while playing the levitating ball didn’t work. Curious how hard this is gonna be to fix. I’m not certain how the trick works but I know it can’t be the real ball as the real one appears up top fine and the stage VUK works fine when the real ball goes in.

Its Magic! (Spoiler alert)
There is a motor that moves the fake ball up and down. Check connection on it first. You have to remove all the plastics covering it up back there.

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

So what happens when you hit the ball into the stage when the Levitating Ball trick is lit, does it just open the stage doors and kick it out into the pop / sling area or does it just sit there until it goes to ball search? Do you ever hear the motor for the levitating ball / ball elevator run? There are adjustments in the settings for where the elevator stops at the bottom.

#1949 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I’m not certain how the trick works but I know it can’t be the real ball as the real one appears up top fine and the stage VUK works fine when the real ball goes in.

Take a close look at it. The fake ball is attached by a bent wire to the carrier that moves the real ball to the top.

If the real ball is appearing on the top wire form, then the mech is working OK. Maybe it's simple, like the ball and wire are disconnected and hung up on something.

#1950 3 years ago

The ball appears at the top. The stage door opens but nothing happens inside of it. When it’s not lit the stage door will open and kick a ball out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.