IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 49.
#1851 4 years ago

Wanna kick some ass in an Pinball Magic tournament?

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.

The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.

Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

#1852 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wanna kick some ass in an Pinball Magic tournament?
Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.
The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.
Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

Waiting for parts from Australia but cool idea!

#1853 4 years ago

I have a problem in my Pinball Magic, I bougth LED Flashers they work fine on attract mode but when I start the game they start flickring.
If anyone have an idea why they are doing that let me know please.
see the video below:

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from Chucky3D:

I have a problem in my Pinball Magic, I bougth LED Flashers they work fine on attract mode but when I start the game they start flickring.
If anyone have an idea why they are doing that let me know please.
see the video below:

You cant use LEDs in the flashers on capcom games.

#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

You cant use LEDs in the flashers on capcom games.

The flashes came with the cointaker led kit.
I bought the LED OCD but that don´t work with flashers.
Is there any workaround that?

#1856 4 years ago

Cleaning up drawers and found another NOS Brian Hanson supplied motor , any interest in buying it let me know.
Rob

1586790714852650965816988050125 (resized).jpg1586790714852650965816988050125 (resized).jpg15867907299615448951677793889817 (resized).jpg15867907299615448951677793889817 (resized).jpg
#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Cleaning up drawers and found another NOS Brian Hanson supplied motor , any interest in buying it let me know.
Rob[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn! Just ordered one from PSPA last week

#1858 4 years ago

Anyone have any of these available by any chance? Stage door opening pin. I need 2.

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/sm00126.html

83_009383_9 (resized).jpg83_009383_9 (resized).jpg
#1859 4 years ago

I have a PM but never had to do any work on it. Mostly have Bally/Williams pins. It started kicking out two balls into the shooters lane and the ball kickout solenoid just repeated fires. What should I look for?

Thanks

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have a PM but never had to do any work on it. Mostly have Bally/Williams pins. It started kicking out two balls into the shooters lane and the ball kickout solenoid just repeated fires. What should I look for?
Thanks

Check the plug on the opt board.

#1861 4 years ago

Anyone looking for a PM I have this one ready to ship. Selling for a non-pinside friend and it is located at my house zip 25414.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/90166

#1862 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks

Test the trough opto transmitters by using a digital camera or cell phone camera to see if they are all on. Likely at least one of the Infrared transmitters died.

#1863 4 years ago

Thanks. So what is the camera trick? What am I looking for in the picture?

#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks. So what is the camera trick? What am I looking for in the picture?

You are looking to see if any of the trough transmitter Optos are not lit up. Start up the camera function. No need to actually snap a picture. The camera will pick up the infrared light as you pass over the beam. It is a straight beam, so likely you will not see it lit from an angle.

#1865 4 years ago

Just run the switch test first to check the optos.

If they are flaky the next thing to do is jumper a ground to the board.

My ground wire didn’t have Continuity but I could never see a break in the wire. I ran a new one through the loom and it works fine.

I’ve had 3 other things act weird including the stage optos the morph stand ups and something else I can’t remember. They were all solved by grounding the switches. The wiring is too small and the solder joints are bad.

I always ground them to something else in the same column not to the ground braid.

1 week later
#1866 3 years ago

Has anybody bought this topper https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1051-tilttopper/01079-pinball-magic-topper
If so is it worth the price.

#1867 3 years ago

Looks amazing. Good thing my basement does not allow for toppers. Saves me like $20K lol!!!!

#1868 3 years ago

Not my style.

#1869 3 years ago

I'm not a big fan of toppers in general but when I see this one I always think she's blowing a bubble instead of looking at a crystal ball.

#1870 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm not a big fan of toppers in general but when I see this one I always think she's blowing a bubble instead of looking at a crystal ball.

Yea she should be 3D

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I thought it was a big off color clown nose.

1 week later
#1872 3 years ago

I had some stage doors made from a scan of a NOS set. The art is darker and the material is a bit thicker. The overall size seems perfect compared to the originals. I wont know if they work until I get my parts from Australia as I was missing pretty much all of the mounting hardware.

20200506_135443 (resized).jpg20200506_135443 (resized).jpg20200506_135510 (resized).jpg20200506_135510 (resized).jpg
#1873 3 years ago

If you hold them up to the light then the repro is actually a bit lighter. (original on the right) in this pic.

20200506_135642 (resized).jpg20200506_135642 (resized).jpg
#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

If you hold them up to the light then the repro is actually a bit lighter. (original on the right) in this pic.[quoted image]

Those look really nice!

#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Those look really nice!

Thanks, they turned out ok!

Just took a video of me testing them out in the stage mech.

#1876 3 years ago

Thanks, they turned out ok!
Just took a video of me testing them out in the stage mech.

Good work! Those look nice, despite being a little darker than original. Well done!

Chris

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Good work! Those look nice, despite being a little darker than original. Well done!
Chris

Thanks Chris!

#1878 3 years ago

I have 5 extra sets so if anyone is interested in a back up set for when theirs inevitably breaks then let me know. $40USD shipping included for a set.

#1879 3 years ago

My solenoid keeps firing on the trunk lock door on start up. What could remedy that? A switch adjustment?

If so where is the switch and what's the best way to get at it of someone can help?

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My solenoid keeps firing on the trunk lock door on start up. What could remedy that? A switch adjustment?
If so where is the switch and what's the best way to get at it of someone can help?

3 optos in the trunk. one screw on each side of the trunk will gain you access. Check them in switch test for starters.

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Test the optos in the trunk and make sure they are all open at start up. Use the switch test first.

Could be in a mini ball search mode if the balls aren't all recognized in the trough. I know it releases balls if they are in the trunk at startup, but not sure if it is from the trunk optos or the trough optos.

If it's not optos, test the transistor that drives that one. If it's bad it could keep firing like that.

#1882 3 years ago

Thanks guys, it was doing it intermittently, it would fire 6 or 8 times and then stop. Now it does it, stops and statrts again. Turning it off and on agin no longer fixes it.

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks guys, it was doing it intermittently, it would fire 6 or 8 times and then stop. Now it does it, stops and statrts again. Turning it off and on agin no longer fixes it.

I would start with reflowing the solder on the suspected opto set.

#1884 3 years ago

I have 5 extra sets so if anyone is interested in a back up set for when theirs inevitably breaks then let me know. $40USD shipping included for a set.

I made a set out of white plasic that where a bit thicker thay Would work good out of the playfeld but ones installed in just keep jamming up every time. !
Removed from the playfeld and it would work without missing a beat in test. Reinstalled and jams!
I removed and test and replaced over 20 times. Every time the same. So I gave up. if you get them working I be happy to get a set off you.

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

I made a set out of white plasic that where a bit thicker thay Would work good out of the playfeld but ones installed in just keep jamming up every time. !
Removed from the playfeld and it would work without missing a beat in test. Reinstalled and jams!
I removed and test and replaced over 20 times. Every time the same. So I gave up. if you get them working I be happy to get a set off you.

Good to know thanks! Just waiting on parts from your home country actually Then I will be able to install! What do you think they were jamming on? I was thinking at 1st maybe the plastics were rubbing on the playfield when installed but took another look and that does not appear to be possible. Odd!

#1886 3 years ago

I just picked up a Pinball Magic and the back glass is missing. Does anyone know the dimensions of the glass and thickness?

I can always measure the opening if I need to but was hoping to match the original glass specs.

Thanks in advance!

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from groffdaddy:

I just picked up a Pinball Magic and the back glass is missing. Does anyone know the dimensions of the glass and thickness?
I can always measure the opening if I need to but was hoping to match the original glass specs.
Thanks in advance!

Can anyone with a Pinball Magic help?

#1888 3 years ago

664mm wide x 504mm high. 4mm thick , according to the inter web and my Airborne

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

664mm wide x 504mm high. 4mm thick , according to the inter web and my Airborne

Thanks! I saw that info but wanted to double check.

3 weeks later
#1890 3 years ago

Brought this home the other night and joined the club.
Spent the first night cleaning out the bottom of the cabinet and clearing out and fixing all the errors.
Got all the errors fixed, but have a quick question.

What are these two white plastic pieces I found in the bottom of the cabinet? Also, where do they go?

612A066B-2C7C-49C5-BC15-386A84B4975A (resized).jpeg612A066B-2C7C-49C5-BC15-386A84B4975A (resized).jpeg558ACC1D-7DE4-4E35-8AFF-273AB15D1236 (resized).jpeg558ACC1D-7DE4-4E35-8AFF-273AB15D1236 (resized).jpeg96254964-2F06-433F-BD30-6B1826C5760E (resized).jpeg96254964-2F06-433F-BD30-6B1826C5760E (resized).jpeg
#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Spent the first night cleaning out the bottom of the cabinet and clearing out and fixing all the errors.
What are these two white plastic pieces I found in the bottom of the cabinet? Also, where do they go?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! As I stated in the other thread, I freaking LOVE Pinball Magic. I don't recall those plastic pieces in my machine. I could be wrong though. I can look around next time I pop the hood if you don't get an answer.

These look amazing with a color DMD. Capcom had some amazing dot animations for sure.

Chris

#1892 3 years ago

Those plastic pieces don't immediately look familiar.

Go with a ColorDMD LCD. It looks awesome.

#1893 3 years ago

Nice! As I stated in the other thread, I freaking LOVE Pinball Magic. I don't recall those plastic pieces in my machine. I could be wrong though. I can look around next time I pop the hood if you don't get an answer.
These look amazing with a color DMD. Capcom had some amazing dot animations for sure.
Chris

Quoted from epeabs:

Those plastic pieces don't immediately look familiar.
Go with a ColorDMD LCD. It looks awesome.

Thanks guys.
Pretty excited about it.
I have a Capcom Airborne and looking forward to putting these two side by side.

The plastics look like they have glue or something on them. I thought maybe the grove in them might be some kind of bracket to hold something in place? Not really sure.
Not even 100% sure they go to the game, but they were in the bottom of the cab which is why I asked.

The posts for the captive ball were also at the bottom of the cabinet. One is busted, which I’m sure is why someone took the captive ball out.
Making a list right now of parts I need to order and will probably order a few of those as they seem like a high impact part that takes a beating and breaks.

#1894 3 years ago

Also, color DMD is on my shopping list. I put them in every pin I have that has been colorized.

#1895 3 years ago

Chris

By the way, great avatar.
I just realized you also have Moon Patrol.

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

What are these two white plastic pieces I found in the bottom of the cabinet? Also, where do they go?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They don't look familiar but are they part of the guide that the rear wheels roll on at the back of the playfield? It's been quite some time since I've had to pull mine out like that but since they look like they were glued to wood that might be a place to look.

#1897 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They don't look familiar but are they part of the guide that the rear wheels roll on at the back of the playfield? It's been quite some time since I've had to pull mine out like that but since they look like they were glued to wood that might be a place to look.

I went and looked inside the machine again this morning and still can’t figure out if those plastic pieces are part of the game or not.

The discolored (yellow area on them) is old double sided tape that is all dried up.
I thought maybe the adhesive dried up and they fell off from somewhere.
I looked at the inside of the cabinet along the play field track and there is nowhere that’s obvious to me where they would go. I also looked inside the head box to see if they were some kind of mounting bracket for a PCB or something like that.
I guess I should get a copy of the manual and see if there’s any hints there.

Normally I’m pretty good at figuring out where stuff goes that’s sitting in the bottom of the cab, but this one has me stumped for the time being.

#1898 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I have been though every mech, nook and cranny on mine and havent seen those anywhere.

#1899 3 years ago

I have been though every mech, nook and cranny on mine and havent seen those anywhere.

Fair enough.
I’m just going to put them in the coin box for now and not worry too much about it then.
I appreciate you looking.
I just assumed they went to the game somewhere since they were in the cabinet. But then again I guess anything could be at the bottom of a cab.

If I ever figure it out I’ll share it here.

#1900 3 years ago

Could be packing pieces from when the game was new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.