IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 49.
#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

The arm might be put on wrong. Here's a picture of the one I bought.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ahh I guess that could be the issue as well. I will check that too. Thanks and good eye!

#1752 4 years ago

I noticed someone riveted/repaired my stage doors. They don't seem to be available anymore. They are just plastics like the rest in the game so I wonder why nobody is making repros of these. This fix they did is working for now but would be nice to get this back to original one day.

20200324_195323 (resized).jpg20200324_195323 (resized).jpg
#1753 4 years ago

@atariaction, what game ROM version do you have in the game? You can see that when you turn on the game. I hope you already have either v1.0.6 or v1.0.12. Anything lower, you definitely can have an issue with the elevator not rising up to the right height. Not sure if older code will affect the wand movements.

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

atariaction, what game ROM version do you have in the game? You can see that when you turn on the game. I hope you already have either v1.0.6 or v1.0.12. Anything lower, you definitely can have an issue with the elevator not rising up to the right height. Not sure if older code will affect the wand movements.

Currently running old code but have the latest roms on order!

Screenshot_20200325-111355_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200325-111355_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200325-111402_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200325-111402_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1755 4 years ago

I like the latest roms because you can disable the buy in feature in the menu adjustments. That was worth the cost alone to me.

Chris

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Currently running old code but have the latest roms on order![quoted image][quoted image]

Oh yeah. That must had been you I responded to on Facebook about the game and sound ROMs. Hope you get them soon to see if that at all affects the wand adjustment.

#1757 4 years ago

Which roms do I need for Full upgrade to 12?

I thought it was just L and H.

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I like the latest roms because you can disable the buy in feature in the menu adjustments. That was worth the cost alone to me.
Chris

Ahh good to know! I turn that off on all my games but hadnt tried yet on PM.

Oh yeah. That must had been you I responded to on Facebook about the game and sound ROMs. Hope you get them soon to see if that at all affects the wand adjustment.

Oh ya probably if you are Brian Thanks!

#1759 4 years ago

Hmmmm. Just noticed this bracket hole appears to we worn. Could be part of my problem.

20200326_144100 (resized).jpg20200326_144100 (resized).jpg
#1760 4 years ago

Oh ya probably if you are Brian Thanks!

Yes. Brian here at your service. I went crazy working on a friend's PM elevator trying to get it to raise to the correct height, no matter how I adjusted it. One day, I noticed the game ROM difference between his game, v1.02, and mine, v1.0.6, and decided to swap the game ROMs at that time. That had fixed his game with v1.0.6. His PM came from Gene Cummingham of Illinois Pinball at the time. Found out those were prototype ROMs installed.

When I upgraded mine to v1.0.12, I did not notice any noticeable difference between v1.0.6, so I left that in his game.

#1761 4 years ago

Yes. Brian here at your service. I went crazy working on a friend's PM elevator trying to get it to raise to the correct height, no matter how I adjusted it. One day, I noticed the game ROM difference between his game, v1.02, and mine, v1.0.6, and decided to swap the game ROMs at that time. That had fixed his game with v1.0.6. His PM came from Gene Cummingham of Illinois Pinball at the time. Found out those were prototype ROMs installed.
When I upgraded mine to v1.0.12, I did not notice any noticeable difference between v1.0.6, so I left that in his game.

Haha nice! How do you know if the elevator is not going to the correct height? Oh wow that is cool. Just watched another mini youtube doc on Gene yesterday. So much history there!

#1762 4 years ago

Haha nice! How do you know if the elevator is not going to the correct height? Oh wow that is cool. Just watched another mini youtube doc on Gene yesterday. So much history there!

With the elevator not going high enough, the ball did not come out at the top of that right exit ramp behind the top of the stage.

Miss seeing Gene at TPF and Houston Arcade Expos.

#1763 4 years ago

Must have taken the stage assembly apart 6 or 7 times ... changed to the latest ROM and the issue was fixed ...
Elevator worked as should ...

#1764 4 years ago

With the elevator not going high enough, the ball did not come out at the top of that right exit ramp behind the top of the stage.
Miss seeing Gene at TPF and Houston Arcade Expos.

Ok I see. Mine is working then but still will be updating to the latest roms!

I never met him. Wish I could go back in time and hit up some of the old school expos for sure!

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Must have taken the stage assembly apart 6 or 7 times ... changed to the latest ROM and the issue was fixed ...
Elevator worked as should ...

Wow what a PITA for it to only be code. That stuff drive me bonkers lol!

#1765 4 years ago

Hmmmm. Just noticed this bracket hole appears to we worn. Could be part of my problem.[quoted image]

So upon closer inspection that area is factory and not wear. The wand motor works fine out of the machine but still thinking either software or an alignment issue since both left and right motor switches are closed at the same time most of the time in wand test. Also if the wand starts at the right then it does not seem to move over to the left for locking balls. The wand does move in gameplay from time to time but not seemingly correctly.

#1766 4 years ago

Wow what a PITA for it to only be code. That stuff drive me bonkers lol

It's always the obvious that is my downfall,....

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's always the obvious that is my downfall,....

Haha. My favorite (and probably everyones) is dropping a small part and then having to look for an hour to find it!!!

#1768 4 years ago

Haha. My favorite (and probably everyones) is dropping a small part and then having to look for an hour to find it!!!

Or you don't find it at all....

#1769 4 years ago

So upon closer inspection that area is factory and not wear. The wand motor works fine out of the machine but still thinking either software or an alignment issue since both left and right motor switches are closed at the same time most of the time in wand test. Also if the wand starts at the right then it does not seem to move over to the left for locking balls. The wand does move in gameplay from time to time but not seemingly correctly.

Yeah, that mounting bracket/plate did look factory to me. Looks like we'll find out if the new version fixes your wand issue.

I did not test the wand movement in my friend's game since it was a game killer when the ball went into the elevator and was not kicked out to right exit ramp when it needed to. The ball pretty much had to be removed everytime it when in there.

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Or you don't find it at all....

Haha yep!

#1771 4 years ago

Yeah, that mounting bracket/plate did look factory to me. Looks like we'll find out if the new version fixes your wand issue.
I did not test the wand movement in my friend's game since it was a game killer when the ball went into the elevator and was not kicked out to right exit ramp when it needed to. The ball pretty much had to be removed everytime it when in there.

Yes I hope so! Would be nice!

Ahh I see. Yes that would be!

#1772 4 years ago

While waiting for roms....

20200326_212726 (resized).jpg20200326_212726 (resized).jpg20200326_212738 (resized).jpg20200326_212738 (resized).jpg20200326_212755 (resized).jpg20200326_212755 (resized).jpg
#1773 4 years ago

It's a good feeling when you novus that thick ball trail off the captive ball area!

Not that anyone would, but let's all remember not to use brasso on the wireforms

#1774 4 years ago

Don't tighten the nuts all the way down on the wire form in the shooter lane. It will bend the end of it and it will not work. just down far enough so the end of the wire form is not sticking up.

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Don't tighten the nuts all the way down on the wire form in the shooter lane. It will bend the end of it and it will not work. just down far enough so the end of the wire form is not sticking up.

Hahaha. I wish I knew that before I plunged my first ball and it stuck in the shooter lane wireform. I said WTF! Took me a bit to figure it out.

#1776 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a good feeling when you novus that thick ball trail off the captive ball area!
Not that anyone would, but let's all remember not to use brasso on the wireforms

Haha that is the 1st area I cleaned actually!!!!!! Much better. Now I just need a new clear ball!

Quoted from guss:

Sweet thanks so much for the tip! That was a pain to remove especially with the little lamp pbc in the way!

Quoted from epeabs:

Hahaha. I wish I knew that before I plunged my first ball and it stuck in the shooter lane wireform. I said WTF! Took me a bit to figure it out.

LOL wow! Crazy.

#1777 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No, you can buy just the shaft and mount larger acrylic ball. I used to sell the larger acrylic captive ball, it worked for the shaft to.
And No....No more acrylic balls left for sale. I made 50 and was surprised how fast they sold.

What are the chances of you making more of your nice balls?

#1778 4 years ago

So when you guys pull out the Playfield all the way what are you actually resting it on? In the video posted elsewhere in this forum he mentioned that he thought the Playfield rested on the little side metal pieces but mine are floating and not touching anything. My Playfield actually really looks like it is resting on the two plastic wire bundle holders but I let this coil bracket rest on this tin to relieve a bit of that pressure. How are you guys propping up your Playfield when you pull it all the way out?

20200329_202207 (resized).jpg20200329_202207 (resized).jpg20200329_202213 (resized).jpg20200329_202213 (resized).jpg20200329_202232 (resized).jpg20200329_202232 (resized).jpg20200329_202304 (resized).jpg20200329_202304 (resized).jpg20200329_202324 (resized).jpg20200329_202324 (resized).jpg
#1779 4 years ago

I used a cushioned stool ...
All pins should do this access to the back , when upright you can work both sides

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I used a cushioned stool ...
All pins should do this access to the back , when upright you can work both sides

Yes it is nice! Just cleaned up the back of the cabinet last night. So easy to access!

#1781 4 years ago

Ok I have a dumb question. The reason my switches aren't working up in the pop bumper ares is that the mounts broke at some point and the "fix" puts them in a different location.

The Manual doesn't call out that mechanical assembly, BUT it looks exact to the slingshot assemblies on the lower playfield (Part A-00157)

Can anyone confirm if they are the same or not? I want to order a replacement but not if it's wrong. LOL

Thanks
Chris

Component (resized).pngComponent (resized).png
#1782 4 years ago

Ok I have a dumb question. The reason my switches aren't working up in the pop bumper ares is that the mounts broke at some point and the "fix" puts them in a different location.
The Manual doesn't call out that mechanical assembly, BUT it looks exact to the slingshot assemblies on the lower playfield (Part A-00157)
Can anyone confirm if they are the same or not? I want to order a replacement but not if it's wrong. LOL
Thanks
Chris[quoted image]

I am 99% sure they are the same so I have one on order. I will follow up when I receive it

Chri

#1783 4 years ago

I am 99% sure they are the same so I have one on order. I will follow up when I receive it
Chri

Sorry Chris I was waiting to heat an answer, because I need the very same bracket! Ives just doing some work on mine, and noticed my drop target coil is missing that exact part, pretty random.
Where did you order yours from?

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry Chris I was waiting to heat an answer, because I need the very same bracket! Ives just doing some work on mine, and noticed my drop target coil is missing that exact part, pretty random.

No worries. Marco had them complete with switches and coil.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-00157

They have a surprising number of parts for Pinball Magic now, including a full plastics set, which I couldn't find anywhere when I needed them.

Chris

#1785 4 years ago

Just realized I am missing this post. Do you guys still have it on yours? Should I bother replacing it or is it just going to break off again?

20200402_161250 (resized).jpg20200402_161250 (resized).jpg
#1786 4 years ago

Must be to protect bulbs. I'll stick a post in there!

#1787 4 years ago

Just realized I am missing this post. Do you guys still have it on yours? Should I bother replacing it or is it just going to break off again?[quoted image]

Must be to protect bulbs. I'll stick a post in there!

Probably there to stop the ball getting stuck during Silence the Critics; replace it as Mine's never had an issue

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably there to stop the ball getting stuck during Silence the Critics; replace it as Mine's never had an issue

OK cool thanks. Didn't have correct post but this should work!

20200402_180959 (resized).jpg20200402_180959 (resized).jpg
#1789 4 years ago

That should work fine.

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I got the replacement and it is the same as the slingshot kicker assembly. That’s a good thing. BUT the replacement has a diode on it and my other assemblies do not. Anyone know if I should leave them on there or remove?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1791 4 years ago

That's a resister.

#1792 4 years ago

I got the replacement and it is the same as the slingshot kicker assembly. That’s a good thing. BUT the replacement has a diode on it and my other assemblies do not. Anyone know if I should leave them on there or remove?[quoted image]

Id leave it on and if either switch does not work then just clip it.

#1793 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a resister.

And I'm an idiot. LOL

Thank you.

#1794 4 years ago

And I'm an idiot. LOL
Thank you.

To that point - would the resistor make it not show up in the switch test if it wasn’t supposed to be there?

#1795 4 years ago

And I'm an idiot. .

That's OK, you probably actually know how to spell resistor unlike me

To that point - would the resistor make it not show up in the switch test if it wasn’t supposed to be there?

I wouldn't think so...but is it not showing up? does it work during gameplay/test?

#1796 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's OK, you probably actually know how to spell resistor unlike me

I wouldn't think so...but is it not showing up? does it work during gameplay/test?

So, when I wired up and installed it the switches "sort of" registered in the switch test, but they seemed delayed or intermittent. Once I buttoned everything up and test played it I got nothing out of them. Now they don't register in switch test at all.

Strange. I double checked my wiring (I added wiring because the wires in the game were too short) and it looks correct to me based on what was in there originally.

Chris

#1797 4 years ago

So, when I wired up and installed it the switches "sort of" registered in the switch test, but they seemed delayed or intermittent. Once I buttoned everything up and test played it I got nothing out of them. Now they don't register in switch test at all.
Strange. I double checked my wiring (I added wiring because the wires in the game were too short) and it looks correct to me based on what was in there originally.
Chris

Try clipping the leg of the resistor and see if anything changes. I have also changed some of the wiring on my kicker assembly switches. A couple broken leaf switch tabs, and they used such thin and short wires so I upgraded the gauge and made them longer.

#1798 4 years ago

Can someone post or send me a link to a copy of the switch matrix. The IPDB pdf I have is missing it.

None of my left side standups are registering and need to track it down.

#1799 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Can someone post or send me a link to a copy of the switch matrix. The IPDB pdf I have is missing it.
None of my left side standups are registering and need to track it down.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/3596/Capcom_1995_Pinball_Magic_Manual.pdf
pages 192 and 193

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.