IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 49.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thank You Again!
What? I have to go all over planet for PM parts?
I have a Marcos, an Australia, and now UK?
... and I still cant find 2 plastics.....

What plastics do you need?

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Bulbtown has different colors

Do you need one? My treat if you do. Thinking thru amazon since its cheap and easy

Quoted from Reznnate:

Which? Where? I don't think I've noticed this. Perhaps my bulb is out too.

You to if you need one.

#1653 4 years ago

Do you need one? My treat if you do. Thinking thru amazon since its cheap and easy

You to if you need one.

No I'm good Thanks

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

No I'm good Thanks

You to if you need one.

Make sure you can get the condom off the old one. if not you may have to buy a colored one.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Make sure you can get the condom off the old one. if not you may have to buy a colored one.

Yup, condom came right off. I suspect that bulb has been dead for a long time.

#1656 4 years ago

Yup, condom came right off. I suspect that bulb has been dead for a long time.

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Thank you. If you need something let me know.

The stage values little one. It has always been broken with missing piece.
And the long one under morph ramp before trunk lock.
In middle of shop job. So ignore that ugly white rubber.
Getting titan dark blue for PM.

20190908_085200 (resized).jpg20190908_085200 (resized).jpg20190908_085211 (resized).jpg20190908_085211 (resized).jpg
#1658 4 years ago

Get ahold of Bryan Hanson he is the designer of the game. I bought his game. He goes by PinballMagic on pinsides. I have bought parts from him.

#1659 4 years ago

Thank you. If you need something let me know.
The stage values little one. It has always been broken with missing piece.
And the long one under morph ramp before trunk lock.
In middle of shop job. So ignore that ugly white rubber.
Getting titan dark blue for PM.[quoted image][quoted image]

Here's one

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/8737/plastic-for-pinball-magic-aw00123-07

#1661 4 years ago

Done!!
Zitt hasn't placed his big order yet!Pinside member helping guys out like you have me!

You helped me out with the clear PM balls I bought from you.

#1662 4 years ago

Question for owners. Does the kicker inside the stage area work on your games? There is a kicker there just below the pop bumper. I have tried adjusting the switches so many times, but can't seem to get it to work. It does work in test, so I know the coil / assembly works.

I know it is likely an adjustment thing, but I think if this worked reliable it would add so much action to that area.

Any thoughts?

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Question for owners. Does the kicker inside the stage area work on your games?

Yes, mine does. Seen it work during game play. Doesn't have tons of umph, but, gets the ball going a few times up there.
I have no idea why yours wouldn't?
Let me take a closer look, glass been off few days now.

#1664 4 years ago

Going throw box of Capcom parts and boards.
What does this go to? I dont think pinball magic.
Triangle lamp board PCB.

20190911_153451 (resized).jpg20190911_153451 (resized).jpg20190911_153512 (resized).jpg20190911_153512 (resized).jpg20190911_153528 (resized).jpg20190911_153528 (resized).jpg
#1665 4 years ago

I have tried adjusting the switches so many times, but can't seem to get it to work. It does work in test, so I know the coil / assembly works.

Well, it sounds like you only did a coil test. Did you do a switch test to see if it registers there?

Yes, mine works fine in switch test and in gameplay. Pretty much acts like a 2nd pop bumper.

#1666 4 years ago

Going throw box of Capcom parts and boards.
What does this go to? I dont think pinball magic.
Triangle lamp board PCB.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Think thats a Airborne lamp board

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Think thats a Airborne lamp board

It is, Thank you.

#1668 4 years ago

My PM was blowing the breaker switch every second time I turn her on (!). Today I got a nice fresh batch of NTC's (thermistors), I cut a black wire going from the fuse to the transformer and put the NTC in between, but it did not solve my problem. Should I put it somewhere else, like *before* the main switch, or is anywhere between the line and the transformer good enough?

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

My PM was blowing the main fuse every second time I turn her on (!). Today I got a nice fresh batch of NTC's (thermistors), I cut a black wire going from the fuse to the transformer and put the NTC in between, but it did not solve my problem. Should I put it somewhere else, like *before* the main switch, or is anywhere between the line and the transformer good enough?

Unplug the connectors on backside of the transformer. Does it still blow a fuse?

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Unplug the connectors on backside of the transformer. Does it still blow a fuse?

Yes, after the third time the breaker tripped.

I tried moving the NTC directly in between the switch and the transformer, to no avail. One thing I do notice, is that the NTC gets f*cking hot. Not even 10 seconds after turning on the power, it is already too hot to touch and starts to smell. I tried a second NTC, with the same result. Same type of NTC in my The Machine: Bride of Pinbot does not overheat like this.

It can't be a short in the power supply, else the fuse in the metal box would have blown too, right?

This photo shows how the NTC is mounted in the PM (the single screw terminal in the black wire shows where the NTC was during the first attempt):

This one shows how the NTC is mounted in the PMThis one shows how the NTC is mounted in the PM

This one shows the setup in my BoP

This one shows the setup in my BoPThis one shows the setup in my BoP

#1671 4 years ago

You need to move the thermistor back to where it belongs as per the manual.

Need to see a picture of the input into the transformer. I'm trying to find in the manual how the transformer is supposed to be jumpered for 220V. You still have the backside of the transformer disconnected? If so, you can't have a power supply issue at this time if the output (backside) of the transformer is disconnected.

#1672 4 years ago

You need to move the thermistor back to where it belongs as per the manual.

I am pretty sure there isnt supposed to be one? There is an orange thing parallel to the power socket in the metal cage (visible on the top photo), but that is not a thermistor I think.

Need to see a picture of the input into the transformer. I'm trying to find in the manual how the transformer is supposed to be jumpered for 220V.

It is correctly wired. The game also plays normally when it doesn't trip the breakers.

You still have the backside of the transformer disconnected? If so, you can't have a power supply issue at this time if the output (backside) of the transformer is disconnected.

The backside of the transformer is still disconnected. The only thing drawing power after the switch, is a transformer without load and a 220v lead to my PIN2DMD (the red piggyback connectors).

#1673 4 years ago

Well something sounds fishy to be tripping a breaker randomly. How many games are on this same breaker? I would move the game to another outlet on a different breaker to be sure it is that game and not the breaker itself.

#1674 4 years ago

Well something sounds fishy to be tripping a breaker randomly. How many games are on this same breaker? I would move the game to another outlet on a different breaker to be sure it is that game and not the breaker itself.

There are six games (and a few outlets in the kitchen) but when I run the tests, it's always the one game that is being turned on (with the rest off).

The fact that bugs me most, is that the NTC gets burning hut within seconds (you can smell it), whereas the same NTC does not get hot at all in the BOP. This leads me to believe something is wrong in the machine, not the breaker.

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

There are six games (and a few outlets in the kitchen) but when I run the tests, it's always the one game that is being turned on (with the rest off).
The fact that bugs me most, is that the NTC gets burning hut within seconds (you can smell it), whereas the same NTC does not get hot at all in the BOP. This leads me to believe something is wrong in the machine, not the breaker.

How about some history on the game.
How long has the game been working before you had this issue?
What mods did you add into the game? Is this when it started?

I sure would like to see the input of the transformer to see how it is wired for 220V for future reference.

I do not remember that white with black stripe wire being original in the game so that makes me think something added in the game and wired wrong causing the issue.

2 weeks later
#1676 4 years ago

I generally try to avoid cross-posting but we are a pretty small club and I have had a lot of PMs about this subject so if you have or are interested in Pin Stadiums (please forgive me purists) for PM (or other Capcom games) this may interest you: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/110#post-5238924

#1677 4 years ago

Joining your club if that's ok? Swapped out my 2010 Spiderman for a nice condition (by all accounts) Pinball Magic. It should be here in the next week or two.

#1678 4 years ago

Just posted in the marketplace and open to offers as no idea how to price it, but a full stage door assembly for PM

PM stage door (resized).jpgPM stage door (resized).jpg
#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Just posted in the marketplace and open to offers as no idea how to price it, but a full stage door assembly for PM[quoted image]

WEll i'll give you this much, you got a serious collection of odds and ends

Get ready to get a bunch of PMs just wanting the left stage door. If you have the plastic piece that covers the front PCB bulbs you've struck gold

1 week later
#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Just posted in the marketplace and open to offers as no idea how to price it, but a full stage door assembly for PM[quoted image]

Was this sold? I didn't find it in the Marketplace section.

Thank you

#1681 4 years ago

Was this sold? I didn't find it in the Marketplace section.
Thank you

It was purchased by a buddy of mine last week.

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

It was purchased by a buddy of mine last week.

Ok, no worries. Thanks for the reply!

Chris

2 weeks later
#1683 4 years ago

Here we go! Any one have a set of stage door thay be happy to move on.

#1684 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-new-colordmd-lcd#post-5291160

This New Display by Colordmd is slimmer in design so that the LCD display works great. Control board moved to not hit metal box.

#1685 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-new-colordmd-lcd#post-5291160
This New Display by Colordmd is slimmer in design so that the LCD display works great. Control board moved to not hit metal box.

I don't know if this is necessary considering how damned good the LED one looks in PM, it really may be the best looking ColorDMD I've ever seen in any game.

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know if this is necessary considering how damned good the LED one looks in PM, it really may be the best looking ColorDMD I've ever seen in any game.

Agreed, but at least this gives everybody options.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I have to agree with this. The color LED is amazing in Pinball Magic! I get that people do want options, so this IS great news for those who prefer the LCD with the options available.

Either way, it's a win!

Chris

2 months later
#1688 4 years ago

I will be taking in a Pinball Magic from my friend to play through the winter as well as do a minor shop job. Having never worked on a Capcom, Is there anything to take note of right off the bat? I'm assuming it would benefit from a flipper rebuild like most pins. I also know that the 5 bank drop target assembly will need some attention from the several times I have played it. I have looked around for flipper rebuild kits, but haven't had luck. Is there a good source for parts in general? Thank you in advance. Erik

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

for flipper rebuild kits, but haven't had luck. Is there a good source for parts

Pinball Spare parts Australia... or you convent to Williams flippers

#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Pinball Spare parts Australia... or you convent to Williams flippers

No real reason to convert. The parts are available, though flipper links I use the later style williams.

#1691 4 years ago

I'm finding about everything to rebuild the flippers on this PM. But I can't find a flipper bat clamp for the right flipper assembly. The current one is half assed with a partial Williams set up. Has anyone seen one for sale anywhere recently, or does anyone have one they can part with? Thanks.

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1692 4 years ago

Fired up my PM for the first time in a while the other day. Noticed i have a bunch of lights out. 2 full columns in the lamp matrix to be exact. Any ideas on where to look? No broken wires. Im guessing bad transistors on the board.

1580765209782567375594713590463 (resized).jpg1580765209782567375594713590463 (resized).jpg
#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Fired up my PM for the first time in a while the other day. Noticed i have a bunch of lights out. 2 full columns in the lamp matrix to be exact. Any ideas on where to look? No broken wires. Im guessing bad transistors on the board.[quoted image]

Two rows, all lamps. Sounds like a fuse.

#1694 4 years ago

Two rows, all lamps. Sounds like a fuse.

Forgot to mention- that was my first thought but sadly it was not a fuse. All fuses appear to be OK

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Fired up my PM for the first time in a while the other day. Noticed i have a bunch of lights out. 2 full columns in the lamp matrix to be exact. Any ideas on where to look? No broken wires. Im guessing bad transistors on the board.[quoted image]

Reseat J10. Any improvement?

1 week later
#1696 4 years ago

I have pretty much finished up the "shop" on this PM. Very pleased with it. I like a lot of the features Capcom used when they built these. The playfield hinge/pivot set up took a bit to get used to, but once I figured it out, I love it. Also installed a colorDMD LCD screen. It makes this machine pop.

20200209_115944 (resized).jpg20200209_115944 (resized).jpg20200213_201409 (resized).jpg20200213_201409 (resized).jpg
#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Regarding my problem, i may have stumbled onto the issue. 2 of the wires on j23 worked themselves loose. I need your guys help though. I got the yellow back where it belongs but I'm not sure where the purple goes. Cam somebody take a closeup pic of their j23 connector for me please?
15817388145087842646951986498493 (resized).jpg15817388145087842646951986498493 (resized).jpg

EDIT: I was able to figure it out. Sadly it didn't fix my problem. Looks like i'll pull the driver board out

#1698 4 years ago

The pinball magic I just shopped out I believe had a problem of kicking out a couple balls every now and then into the shooter lane. It seems to be doing the same thing although infrequently. It works perfectly most of the time until you get a ball across the wand into the lock. The next ball kicked out will kick out two. I've checked the shooter lane switch with a ball to make sure the switch is making contact and it is. Also removed and reinstalled the connectors for the ball trough optos. Any other initial thoughts?

#1699 4 years ago

Sadly my PBM went to another hone yesterday. Loved this game and it will be missed!
When I have some time will put together a list of extra parts.
Including plastics, under wand plastic , complete ball lift motor (NOS) and many more.
Thanks to all for the help over the years

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sadly my PBM went to another hone yesterday. Loved this game and it will be missed!
When I have some time will put together a list of extra parts.
Including plastics, under wand plastic , complete ball lift motor (NOS) and many more.
Thanks to all for the help over the years

Sorry you let it go, but what you got was pretty sweet

I'd be interested in your extra parts when you get to them.

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,100 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.