Topic Stats

• 1,675 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 384 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bop_ntc.jpg
pm_ntc.jpg
20190911_153528 (resized).jpg
20190911_153512 (resized).jpg
20190911_153451 (resized).jpg
20190908_085211 (resized).jpg
20190908_085200 (resized).jpg
20190907_132413 (resized).jpg
20190907_132357 (resized).jpg
06AF9F42-246D-4370-A531-666983C50042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6178 (resized).JPG
IMG_6176 (resized).JPG
20190427_103849 (resized).jpg
20190427_103056 (resized).jpg
20190422_113529 (resized).jpg
20190422_113535 (resized).jpg

There are 1675 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.
#1601 3 months ago

Very nice video... great job Chris

#1602 3 months ago

Thank you. I was really looking for a Airborn schematic and just assumed it wasn't available for PM also. That's what I get for assuming, lol.

#1603 3 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This is how I do it when I need to:

Thank you Silver Unicorn! All these years and I didn't know this. Tonight when I drink a beer I will tilt my bottle to you

#1604 3 months ago

This is how I do it when I need to:

Chris

Yes, Very Helpful!!
Thanks for posting video!!

#1605 3 months ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

a Airborn schematic and just assumed it wasn't available for PM also. That's

Do you still need the schematic for airborne?

#1606 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Do you still need the schematic for airborne?

Yes, it couldn't hurt to have it.

#1607 3 months ago

Ooook... just wrapping up an extremely thorough shop job on my PM. Removed everything, polished all hardware, flame polished ramps and plastics, LEDOCD and LED’d the game like crazy.

I just noticed I did not get all the flashers replaced, and the red one that goes with the spinner in the back of the ramp needs replacing. This seems to be almost impossible to get to without removing the ramp. Is there a better way to go about this than taking half a day to disassemble the whole back playfield again? Argh...

#1608 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ooook... just wrapping up an extremely thorough shop job on my PM. Removed everything, polished all hardware, flame polished ramps and plastics, LEDOCD and LED’d the game like crazy.
I just noticed I did not get all the flashers replaced, and the red one that goes with the spinner in the back of the ramp needs replacing. This seems to be almost impossible to get to without removing the ramp. Is there a better way to go about this than taking half a day to disassemble the whole back playfield again? Argh...

Answering my own question here... I was able to get the flasher re-installed by removing only the 2 plastic posts above the captive acrylic ball, and slowly unscrewing and working out the flasher board. It's then I discovered the flasher just flat out isn't working! Great.

The small harness to the flasher board gets power; I tested that with an external power source. But why isn't it turning on when I have all lamps on? Not sure. It appears to be the only light in this situation though, so I will have to come back to it.

#1609 3 months ago

Next question...

does anybody check this thread?

All of the solenoids 1-9 are out. Fuse is also out (yes I replaced it).

I am assuming this is a wire that got pulled off somewhere.. but I can't figure out where. Is there a common place this might happen? I am going to test the MOSFET next and see if that's something to do with it.

#1610 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

does anybody check this thread?

33 pages, 50 or so posts per page. I will say yes.

#1611 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All of the solenoids 1-9 are out. Fuse is also out (yes I replaced it).

Next step, run the solenoid test to see if they fire. If not, did the fuse blow again?

#1612 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Next step, run the solenoid test to see if they fire. If not, did the fuse blow again?

They do not fire. I will test the fuse again, but it did check out ok. It is not blowing, which says to me somehow power is not getting to the fuse itself(?). Still learning how to troubleshoot these Capcom boards..

#1613 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They do not fire. I will test the fuse again, but it did check out ok. It is not blowing, which says to me somehow power is not getting to the fuse itself(?). Still learning how to troubleshoot these Capcom boards..

Is there power at any of those coils?

#1614 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is there power at any of those coils?

Hi all -

I got it sorted out. Second time this has happened to me - I replaced the fuse ... with a bad one! Game is working fine now. I only have left to figure out why the rear left flasher isn't firing. Game is playing great!

1 week later
#1615 3 months ago

Anyone know which ROMs need to be replaced to upgrade to 1. 12. ? I’m at 1.03. Is it even worth it?

#1616 3 months ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Anyone know which ROMs need to be replaced to upgrade to 1. 12. ? I’m at 1.03. Is it even worth it?

U1H
U1L

both are mounted on the back of the dmd casing, so flip that down with the backbox open. You can order them from marco, action pinball, others. burn your own!

the 1.06 release seemed like the biggest difference, but that's still a higher rev than your 1.03. I just picked up a game a few weeks ago that was also at 1.03 and did the upgrade a week or two ago. I wouldn't say it's a revolutionary update, but there are additional callouts that get triggered, and the game mechanics are a bit more stable. Importantly, this also fixes an issue with the wand magnets which could lead to overheating or burnout. So I'd upgrade for that reason at least.

#1617 3 months ago

New game ROM can be bought here.
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS242
You need to order both U1L and U1H for v1.0.12

Marco also has the U1L and U1H ROMs for v1.0.12.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM2080
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM2079

v1.0.12 is the latest version. I worked on a PM in the past that had v1.0.3 that had a problem with the stage that didn't allow it to go all the way down and the ball would hang up there. Upgrading it to v1.0.6 fixed it. I had installed my old ROM in his game so he didn't need to upgrade.

I think there may even been a light show update to the game as well to v1.0.12. I didn't notice any game play differences between v1.0.6 and v1.0.12.

#1618 3 months ago

Marco also has the U1L and U1H ROMs for v1.0.12.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM2080
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM2079
v1.0.12 is the latest version. I worked on a PM in the past that had v1.0.3 that had a problem with the stage that didn't allow it to go all the way down and the ball would hang up there. Upgrading it to v1.0.6 fixed it. I had installed my old ROM in his game so he didn't need to upgrade.
I think there may even been a light show update to the game as well to v1.0.12. I didn't notice any game play differences between v1.0.6 and v1.0.12.

The lightshow is definitely better in 1.0.12 - In addition, it allows you to turn off the buy in option, which was worth the upgrade alone to me.

Chris

#1619 3 months ago

Thank you for info guys. I’ve got my ROMs on the way and then I’ve got to get the wireforms rebrassed. Is it possible my game really only has 107 plays?

06AF9F42-246D-4370-A531-666983C50042 (resized).jpeg
#1620 3 months ago

The lightshow is definitely better in 1.0.12 - In addition, it allows you to turn off the buy in option, which was worth the upgrade alone to me.
Chris

And there was a time when you were going to sell it. I'm glad you now "feel the magic".

#1621 3 months ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Is it possible my game really only has 107 plays?[quoted image]

nope

#1622 3 months ago

Is that just how many plays since a factory reset??

#1623 3 months ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Is that just how many plays since a factory reset??

That's a good question. Rom upgrade would do it...shipped with 1.02 I believe.
I mean anything is possible...

#1624 3 months ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Thank you for info guys. I’ve got my ROMs on the way and then I’ve got to get the wireforms rebrassed. Is it possible my game really only has 107 plays?[quoted image]

When you get the wireforms rebrassed. Do not tighten the bolts to far on the ones under the playfield. It bends the wireform ends up and the ball jumps up. count the treads and put back to where they were.

#1625 3 months ago
Quoted from guss:

When you get the wireforms rebrassed. Do not tighten the bolts to far on the ones under the playfield. It bends the wireform ends up and the ball jumps up. count the treads and put back to where the were.

Thank you for the heads up.

#1626 3 months ago
Quoted from guss:

When you get the wireforms rebrassed. Do not tighten the bolts to far on the ones under the playfield. It bends the wireform ends up and the ball jumps up. count the treads and put back to where they were.

1 week later
#1627 86 days ago

Can anyone please advise on how to get power off the boards for a color dmd which pins etc thanks

#1628 86 days ago

You could find this info on the Colordmd website on the support page . All the info is there on the installation page

#1629 86 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You could find this info on the Colordmd website on the support page . All the info is there on the installation page

What I'm trying to get my head around is I get my 18v and ground off power driver i know where the ground g oies into the dmd but does the 18v go into t he 12v connection pin on the dmd panel
I'm making my cable because it's about 80$ for the cable and post

1 month later
#1630 50 days ago

Found this on Pfutz’s pages - a Capcom service bullletin explaining changes made to the boards when Breakshot was released. This confirms the A0015505 display power board IS compatible with PM and the other games. I have one of these other boards and decided to test it .. it works!

http://pfutz.us/Capcom/bulletin/96-005.htm

#1631 45 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

A0015505 display power board

Thanks for the info RDoyle1978. Does anyone have one they want to sell? Thanks

3 weeks later
#1632 20 days ago

Plan today is to figure out why my stage motor died and magic ball is stuck up...

Pinball....always work.

#1633 15 days ago

Ok, figuring out my stage motor is set to wrong position. Tests all kinda backwards.
Whats the home position for arm on motor?

And another...whats the best way to get to the damn stage diverter up top? The plastic is killing me that hides it. Remove wand?

#1634 15 days ago

Motor, stage, and elevator working.
Stage diverter now. Is the best way to get to this just to remove the hand wand?

#1635 15 days ago

Yes remote the wand rasy enpugh

#1636 15 days ago
Quoted from john17a:

Yes remote the wand rasy enpugh

Got it!
Set screw in front of hand.
Now look at my pretty stage diverter arm.
Anyone have a spare one of these lying around?

20190907_132357 (resized).jpg20190907_132413 (resized).jpg
#1638 15 days ago

Thank You!
Well, there was a few other things in marco cart....guess im pulling trigger on it.
So much damage to it I need to see if its the right coil.
Need that odd bulb for blackout stage inside box under bathing girl. Same size as 906 flasher, but not right value.
Back to the manual.

#1639 15 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thank You!
Need that odd bulb for blackout stage inside box under bathing girl. Same size as 906 flasher, but not right value.
Back to the manual.

Which? Where? I don't think I've noticed this. Perhaps my bulb is out too.

#1640 15 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Its a #921 wedge 12.8 volt.(same size a flasher 906, but doesnt flash). Has a drak blue condom over it to simulate night time, thus the stars on the black plastics flanking magic ball.

#1641 15 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Under the big stage cover plastic w/bikini girl.

#1642 15 days ago

OK....Were can I buy Flipper bats(has to be yellow with star)?

#1645 14 days ago

Thank You Again!
What? I have to go all over planet for PM parts?
I have a Marcos, an Australia, and now UK?
... and I still cant find 2 plastics.....

#1646 14 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Cant find this bulb anywhere. I also cant find a bulb box in my own house, so one of those restore hell weekends.
Spent about 5 hours on Pinball Magic yesterday.

#1647 14 days ago

Its a #921 wedge 12.8 volt.(same size a flasher 906, but doesnt flash). Has a drak blue condom over it to simulate night time, thus the stars on the black plastics flanking magic ball.

Cant find this bulb anywhere. I also cant find a bulb box in my own house, so one of those restore hell weekends.
Spent about 5 hours on Pinball Magic yesterday.

https://www.bulbs.com/product/921B2

#1649 14 days ago
Quoted from guss:

Here's a better one https://www.bulbtown.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=%23921+wedge+

This is a good one if you dont have the blue condom, comes in Blue!

YUP- Just found 10 pack on AMAZON too. Apparently common licence plate light bulb.

amazon.com link »

#1650 14 days ago

YUP- Just found 10 pack on AMAZON too. Apparently common licence plate light bulb.
amazon.com link »

Bulbtown has different colors

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Greenfield, IN
3,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 27.50
There are 1675 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside