New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 123301)

Pinball Magic Club

By WesleyCowan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,989 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Cinder143
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 474 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
49793BC2-8CA1-4C9E-919C-E0E151B60AD9 (resized).jpeg
8D1E8512-4797-4276-BEDE-22F4D198D7E4 (resized).jpeg
7F8AFD4B-9550-47BF-A430-BD381B9D584A (resized).jpeg
1A27D481-775A-4D0D-A41C-A874A6A0B7F4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2295 (resized).jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).jpg
IMG_2293 (resized).jpg
IMG_2292 (resized).jpg
IMG_2291 (resized).jpg
IMG_2290 (resized).jpg
IMG_2289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2288 (resized).jpg
display (resized).jpg
Touchup2 (resized).jpg

There are 1989 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 40.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Milk:

Evening Everyone,
I'm in need of some parts for my PM does anyone have or know where i can possibly get the following :
Clamp / crank arm : MT-00394
Outlane switch SW00111
SW00112
SW00117
Thanks
Myke

SW00112
SW00117

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=SW00112
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=SW00117

#1452 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies about the switches! Another question: Can anyone tell me the
exact length of the flipper plungers without the link? Not sure if mine are original!

#1453 1 year ago

I'm in the club!

I love the game. The shots are fun and keep me pressing the start button after every game!

I've got a very clean example with a few mods. LED OCD, Titan rubbers, anodized hardware, some spot lights.

I need some new flipper bats though!

IMG_20190330_150704 (resized).jpgIMG_20190330_203204 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190330_124411 (resized).jpg
#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

I'm in the club!
I love the game. The shots are fun and keep me pressing the start button after every game!
I've got a very clean example with a few mods. LED OCD, Titan rubbers, anodized hardware, some spot lights.
I need some new flipper bats though![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on your pick up. FYI...You are missing a ColorDMD.

#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

I'm in the club!

Just put in some generic white WMS style bats without any branding and you'll be good to go!

#1458 1 year ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

I'm in the club!

I’m so jealous. I’ve been wanting one of these for a long time, and that looks like a really swell example.

#1459 1 year ago

Good to know! Wish someone local had some though

Quoted from zahner:

I’m so jealous. I’ve been wanting one of these for a long time, and that looks like a really swell example.

I hope you find one someday! I do have a very nice example for sure. Not a spot of playfield wear anywhere in sight! I was happily surprised last night when I decided to do some topside teardown to clean the orbit shot and the main ramp. Ball traces came right up with a bit of Naptha on a towel.

A game of this complexity always scares me- not because it's hard to teardown but you never know what kind of wear is creeping below everything because of previous owners not having the ability to do a shop job on multi layers of components.

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from Milk:

Thanks for the replies about the switches! Another question: Can anyone tell me the
exact length of the flipper plungers without the link? Not sure if mine are original!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-capcom-flipper-parts#post-4916263

Post #23 I’ve put some pics.

#1461 1 year ago

Have you guys watched Bowen’s tutorial? I looked for rulesheet but only found an old incomplete document. His play leaves me questions...

-magic mayhem MB, does the jackpot carry over for whole game or resets after you drain (if you raise jackpot to 90Mill on right loop). Seems to stay elevated for rest of game?

-can you re-qualify lighting Lock during multiball (via morph/magic drop targets)? Looks like you can drop all but 1 letter, then after MB ends hit one remaining target and Lock is ready again

#1462 1 year ago

How's everybody enjoying the Colordmd release?

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I hope to order mine soon!

Chris

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Love it

#1465 1 year ago

You guys are making me want to buy one! Lol

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

guys are making me want to buy one

This game has some outstanding display work , however with the Colordmd it really just pops.

#1467 1 year ago

My ColorDMD is somewhere in transit via USPS, lately they have been iffy so my fingers are crossed it arrives by Friday.

#1468 1 year ago

Well this is a real buzz-kill, received my ColorDMD today and downloaded the ROM but it won't go to full color. I've tried multiple USB sticks and no luck, when I set a single color in Sigma mode I noticed it doesn't stay in that color, most of the time it's in white / grey with only occasional flashes to the color I've chosen. I'll send Randy a note, he's always been great with support in the past.

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well this is a real buzz-kill, received my ColorDMD today and downloaded the ROM but it won't go to full color. I've tried multiple USB sticks and no luck, when I set a single color in Sigma mode I noticed it doesn't stay in that color, most of the time it's in white / grey with only occasional flashes to the color I've chosen. I'll send Randy a note, he's always been great with support in the past.

Did you get a LED or LCD? Did you load the Chroma.rom file? This would be the correct one for a new display.

Sounds like you lost your Key code. Press the right menu button. If you see "__ _ _ _" for a key, that would be the issue.

#1470 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you get a LED or LCD? Did you load the Chroma.rom file? This would be the correct one for a new display.
Sounds like you lost your Key code. Press the right menu button. If you see "_ " for a key, that would be the issue.

I bought the LED and tried to install the ROM with no luck, this is my fifth ColorDMD so I'm not new to them. Something weird is going on though, I started a game just to see what it would do and everything is really hosed up from a display perspective, only one half of the display seems to be show the animation at a time, it kinda bounces back and forth. I shut it down for the night, will have another look in the morning but I did verify cable connections, etc. What game ROM version are you guys running, I'm pretty sure mine is on the latest?

#1471 1 year ago

V1.0.12 is the latest version.

Again, if you only have a single color, then you lost the display key code. Enter the ColorDMD menu to verify.

#1472 1 year ago

V1.0.12 is the latest version.
Again, if you only have a single color, then you lost the display key code. Enter the ColorDMD menu to verify.

The key code is there but it won't install the ROM from the USB, the Programming and Busy LEDs flash four times over and over while the done LED is dimly lit after a few seconds. Holding down the left USB key never does anything, have tried multiple USB drives now including ones I'm sure I've used with other CDMDs. Beyond that something else is not working well because it's not displaying even close to properly even in Sigma mode, I'm also running 1.0.12. I'm sure I'll hear back from Randy later today.

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The key code is there but it won't install the ROM from the USB, the Programming and Busy LEDs flash four times over and over while the done LED is dimly lit after a few seconds. Holding down the left USB key never does anything, have tried multiple USB drives now including ones I'm sure I've used with other CDMDs. Beyond that something else is not working well because it's not displaying even close to properly even in Sigma mode, I'm also running 1.0.12. I'm sure I'll hear back from Randy later today.

I'm about to order a color DMD but now you've got me wanting to wait until you sort you're problem out.

Have you tried another color DMD in it's place?

#1474 1 year ago

I went through my stash of USB sticks (I've accumulated a LOT of them over the years) and found one that still had the Spider-Man chroma rom on it from when I was testing the LED in that game. Tried it with the PM rom and it downloaded and updated just fine, full color and it looks amazing. Odd that I had problems with the other three, at least one of which I know I've used with an LCD version because it too still had the MM rom on it.

The display looks AMAZING now, I'm a happy camper!

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I went through my stash of USB sticks (I've accumulated a LOT of them over the years) and found one that still had the Spider-Man chroma rom on it from when I was testing the LED in that game. Tried it with the PM rom and it downloaded and updated just fine, full color and it looks amazing. Odd that I had problems with the other three, at least one of which I know I've used with an LCD version because it too still had the MM rom on it.
The display looks AMAZING now, I'm a happy camper!

Awesome! Going to place my order now lol!

#1476 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I went through my stash of USB sticks

Its noted on the COLORDMD site that you have to use a certain size of USB, had the same problem downloading The Shadow!

#1477 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Its noted on the COLORDMD site that you have to use a certain size of USB, had the same problem downloading The Shadow!

I don't see that specified anymore but it could be elsewhere on the site:

"Click on the appropriate game ROM file above.
Save the ROM file to a USB flash drive as "CHROMA.ROM". Saved file name must match EXACTLY!
Drive must be formatted as MS FAT32. Most new drives come formatted as MS FAT32 from the manufacturer.
Turn game on and install flash drive into ColorDMD USB port.
Press and hold the left button for 5 seconds until the backlight turns off.
Wait for the backlight to turn back on (about 30 seconds).
If the backlight does not turn on and the PROG light is repeatedly blinking, the CHROMA.ROM file was not found on the thumb drive. Please check the file name.
Remove the flash drive."

#1478 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't see that specified anymore but it could be elsewhere on the site:

Might be under FAQ

#1479 1 year ago

Just put my game back together must have git some connections or something wrong turned power on saw slight flicker in RHand flipper then nothing inline fuse blown at on off switch checked manual but the board connection diagram in book are not as understandable as Bw manuals

Anyone with advice thanks

#1480 1 year ago
Quoted from john17a:

Just put my game back together must have git some connections or something wrong turned power on saw slight flicker in RHand flipper then nothing inline fuse blown at on off switch checked manual but the board connection diagram in book are not as understandable as Bw manuals
Anyone with advice thanks

I think the manual is incredible. Just takes a little time to get used to the thoroughness and details of the Capcom manual. It's all there, I solved a few issues I had with a connector being in the wrong spot because of the manual.

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

I think the manual is incredible. Just takes a little time to get used to the thoroughness and details of the Capcom manual. It's all there, I solved a few issues I had with a connector being in the wrong spot because of the manual.

ill try again and takemore time thanks

#1482 1 year ago
Quoted from john17a:

ill try again and takemore time thanks

If you need detailed pictures of the back box lmk!

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

If you need detailed pictures of the back box lmk!

detailed pics would be great

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Might be under FAQ

Negative Ghost Rider.

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Aside from the pretty significant mistakes in it, it's great!

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Negative Ghost Rider.

SOB I know its there! somewhere?

#1487 1 year ago

So what settings are people running on their LED OCD board to make the light transitions more smooth?

I'm on the fence about going back to incandescent bulbs to get that smooth dimming effect.

#1488 1 year ago

Going to be selling my LED OCD.

I like the warm glow and illumination of incandescent bulbs better in pinball magic. Gives it the proper feel to me IMHO.

I'm going to be ordering new lamp sleeves for the color changing ball. However, I can't seem to find the Amber colored sleeves. Anyone have a spare or two?

#1489 1 year ago

Does anyone have any photos of the assembled (and even better yet, disassembled) stage pop bumper/critics area? Mine was disassembled and my photos lost. There are so many nuts and spacers that I had to take my best guess when I reassembled. Now, I get balls trapped behind the rubber at the kicker in the stage area. I think it is more a height issue than anything else.

I tried adding a second rubber, but that really dulls the sensitivity of the switches and now I get very few kicks. Adjusted the switch gaps to make them as tight as possible, and that still didn't help.

So, right now, I am stuck at (A) remove the second rubber around the kicker and have trapped balls every 2-3 games or, (B) leave it and lose a lot of the action around the stage.

Any photos with how that area should be properly built (in terms of hardware and spacers) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

#1490 1 year ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Does anyone have any photos of the assembled (and even better yet, disassembled) stage pop bumper/critics area? Mine was disassembled and my photos lost. There are so many nuts and spacers that I had to take my best guess when I reassembled. Now, I get balls trapped behind the rubber at the kicker in the stage area. I think it is more a height issue than anything else.
I tried adding a second rubber, but that really dulls the sensitivity of the switches and now I get very few kicks. Adjusted the switch gaps to make them as tight as possible, and that still didn't help.
So, right now, I am stuck at (A) remove the second rubber around the kicker and have trapped balls every 2-3 games or, (B) leave it and lose a lot of the action around the stage.
Any photos with how that area should be properly built (in terms of hardware and spacers) would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Not sure if my shop out photos will help you or not. They are somewhat in chronological order:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157658814649479

Chris

#1491 1 year ago

Anyone have boards for Pinball magic spare i sent 240v through dower driver frying cpu
lamp solinoid driver board and CpU

Whata mistake to make

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from john17a:

Anyone have boards for Pinball magic spare i sent 240v through dower driver frying cpu
lamp solinoid driver board and CpU
Whata mistake to make

How do you know all those boards are damaged?

If anything I believe it blew the main fuse by the coin door and some fuses on the power supply. Test all fuses.

Is your wall voltage 240V ?

#1493 1 year ago

If anything I believe it blew the main fuse by the coin door and some fuses on the power supply. Test all fuses.

I know he's been having a tough time getting all of his connectors hooked up right.

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Thanks in advance!

Here’s one of my pics from post #855 in this thread.

ADB976E1-8206-4613-8085-AA66BCBAFF7E.jpeg
#1495 1 year ago

Ive had a tech come over there is little doubt but they are being sent to a repairman to access

#1496 1 year ago

Thanks for the help, gang!

silverunicorn work blocks flickr. I'll have to look at that tonight.

DMC that helps, but I need to know how the plastics "stack" for reassembly. For example do the critics over hang the bottom of the large stage plastice, or vice versa?

This club is the BEST!

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from john17a:

Ive had a tech come over there is little doubt but they are being sent to a repairman to access

Is there a particular connector you know was plugged in wrong or to the wrong place?

#1498 1 year ago

silverunicorn Those photos were PERFECT! Thanks so much for sharing!

Turns out that when I got it my game was missing the Yellow and blue straight plastic to the upper left of the stage area...that was the root cause of everything failing to come back together correctly. in DMC 's photo, it is the one at the top that I would link attaches to the post on the left with the blue sleeve on it.

Now, to find that plastic.

#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Now, to find that plastic

Pinball Spare Parts Australia

#1500 1 year ago

I am now a proud owner of a ColorDMD in my PM!!! And let me say words can't describe how GREAT in looks!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 1989 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside