IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 49.
#1251 5 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Looking for part PL00268. Bushing, Flanged, .250 I.D. x .375 L

had the same issue, don't think its sold separately?

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

had the same issue, don't think its sold separately?

How you get by with out one?

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

How you get by with out one?

Had a compete spare assembly, think that PSPA still has them. If not I think I have another

#1254 5 years ago

Ok , How do you replace single optos with the Williams/bally ones ? Stage opto has a resister and collector has 3 wires not two

1 week later
#1255 5 years ago

So I'll answer my own question . Instead of replacing the entire board I soldered in a single transmitter W-56711273-00 in the stage kick out . Seems to work. As far as my wand issue I removed the assembly , disassembled the transmission [ no stripped or broken gears ] then tested micro switches [ok] reassembled leaving the arm off the lever . Put machine in wand test mode 20 times . pulled the lever arm from the transmission and lined it and arm up so wand was directly over trunk lock lane . tightened all and it seems to work . Only other issue was when the floating ball elevator went to the top the ball would lay against the edge of the plastic ramp . lifted playfield loosened all the elevator attachment points and shifted it to line up with ramp . Cross my fingers I can sell it before something else happens.

1 week later
#1257 5 years ago

Agreed! I just put in my vote. PM is now in third place.

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Agreed! I just put in my vote. PM is now in third place.

Technically, PM is now in 2nd place of the 4 in the poll that remain not colorized....Stern IJ4, Pinball Magic, Breakshot and KISS.

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Technically, PM is now in 2nd place of the 4 in the poll that remain not colorized....Stern IJ4, Pinball Magic, Breakshot and KISS.

Fantastic! Even better! Need to add BBB and AB to the list!

#1260 5 years ago

PM is going to be fantastic once it is in color. I can feel the magic.2018-11-30 21_32_14-20171020_003438 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png2018-11-30 21_32_14-20171020_003438 - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png

#1261 5 years ago

Hoping for in order :
Pinball Magic
Airborne
Breakshot

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hoping for in order :
Pinball Magic
Airborne
Breakshot

Pinball Magic and Airborne would looks AMAZING in color. Breakshot too, but I think the orange DMD adds to the "retro" feel of the game. Most non-pinball people that come over think that Pinball Magic is the newest game I own, and that Breakshot is the oldest. (for the record, Black Knight is the oldest, and T3 is the newest).

Chris

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hoping for in order :
Pinball Magic
Airborne
Breakshot

It will happen in.....time.
I think in 2019 we will see at least one of those titles. If I'm truly guessing, then Breakshot.

#1264 5 years ago

Pinball Magic I think is the only one...although I may get a newer one for my Wh20 at some point.

#1265 5 years ago

Anyone know what this is? The box looks about the right size to hold a complete plastics set. I need one and was going to just buy it, but I thought I'd check here. It's from a dutch company in 1995... Never heard of Elam Group, but they manufacture slots etc. like Bally. I'm suspicious because the guy's been trying to sell it since August.

ebay.com link: 1995 Pinball Magic Elam Group NIB New in Box Capcom

#1266 5 years ago

I think it is a puzzle of the translite

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anyone know what this is? The box looks about the right size to hold a complete plastics set. I need one and was going to just buy it, but I thought I'd check here. It's from a dutch company in 1995... Never heard of Elam Group, but they manufacture slots etc. like Bally. I'm suspicious because the guy's been trying to sell it since August.
ebay.com link » 1995 Pinball Magic Elam Group Nib New In Box Capcom

Indeed- Puzzle of the translight. Been up on ebay for a long time.

#1268 5 years ago

THANK YOU! Bullet dodged.

"I think it is parts for a pinball machine." Yeah right.

#1269 5 years ago

Ahhh...I looked I couldn't figure out what the hell it was either

#1270 5 years ago

Gang:

I started a standalone thread, but thought I would post here, as well.

My pinball magic is missing 1/2 of the GI lamps in the backbox. All of my playfield lamps work as expected so I believe it may be an issue limited to column 1 of lamp matrix B. I don't have any previous history with this machine, so I cannot say when/what triggered them to fail.

Here's what's weird. All of the wires are present in both headers at J9 & J10, with the exception of the BLU/BRN wire (column 1) in the header coming from the playfield. This somewhat makes sense if that column is only leveraged by the header coming from the backbox, but can anyone tell me if I am missing a wire?

A photo of your connectors at J9 and J10 would be most helpful. I doubt it is a power issue as all my other lamps in the matrix are good.

I am running the LEDOCD board, but they did not work prior to its install.

Thanks in advance for weighing in - photo of the matrix attached.

12-10-2018 11-54-26 AM (resized).png12-10-2018 11-54-26 AM (resized).png
#1272 5 years ago

Tranquilize - thanks. I had already reviewed that thread. What I really need is a clear photo of both J10 and J9 (the blue wires) or confirmation that there is/is not a blue brown to both headers.

#1273 5 years ago

It could be a bit more clear, but you can definitely tell from this picture that there is no blu/brn wire at pin 1 of the closer connector.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#1274 5 years ago

Thanks, @herg!

So, I know it is not a missing wire/jumper...

1 week later
#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

ebay.com link » 1995 Pinball Magic Elam Group Nib New In Box Capcom

I have that puzzle

IMG_20181101_1740089 (resized).jpgIMG_20181101_1740089 (resized).jpg
#1276 5 years ago

Also added my vote to the Color DMD and it put Pinball Magic one up on KISS

#1277 5 years ago

Gang, the solution to my lamp matrix issues were an imcompatibility between the installed firmware on the LEDOCD board and my machine.

As always, herg immediately took care of me by getting me a unit with compatible firmware. Thanks to all who weighed in... Pinball Magic is certainly a special game and I am proud to be a member of the club!

#1278 5 years ago

Don't forget to vote for PM again in the new 2019 ColorDMD vote. Maybe with an earlier start we can get everyone on board!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-which-colordmds-do-you-want-poll-included

#1279 5 years ago

Still can't track down my Trough Failure issue. All Optos show working correctly, All wiring has been checked. May just sell the darn thing

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Don't forget to vote for PM again in the new 2019 ColorDMD vote. Maybe with an earlier start we can get everyone on board!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-which-colordmds-do-you-want-poll-included

I keep saying ...
Capcom Capcom Capcom
BIg Bang Bar/Pinball Magic/Airborne

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Still can't track down my Trough Failure issue. All Optos show working correctly, All wiring has been checked. May just sell the darn thing

Have you changed all the transmitter optos in the trunk and the trough yet?

#1282 5 years ago

Had the same issue and although my optos showed the y were working correctly they had just enough light to show the were functioning.
Had to change some of then to clear the problem

#1283 5 years ago

Have you changed all the transmitter optos in the trunk and the trough yet?

Yes, I have. I will double check the trunk optos though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Chris

#1284 5 years ago

Yes, I have. I will double check the trunk optos though.

And please tell me that you had upgraded from v1.0.3 to v1.0.12 by now.

#1285 5 years ago

Good suggestion I had stupidly not upgraded the software before realizing that a lot of issues were because of this upgrade

#1286 5 years ago

I am at 1.0.3 - is that bad?

Chris

#1287 5 years ago

I am at 1.0.3 - is that bad?

At the very least, you can have elevator issues with that code. With all the improvements to game play and the light shows, there is no reason not to be at v1.012. I really can't say if it will improve the issue you have now, which is why though trunk transmitter optos need to be replaced as well.

#1288 5 years ago

At the very least, you can have elevator issues with that code. With all the improvements to game play and the light shows, there is no reason not to be at v1.012. I really can't say if it will improve the issue you have now, which is why though trunk transmitter optos need to be replaced as well.

Is it just a matter of switching ROMs? If so, where does one acquire known good working ROMS for this upgrade?

Chris

#1289 5 years ago

Is it just a matter of switching ROMs? If so, where does one acquire known good working ROMS for this upgrade?

Yes. Same as any game older than the Stern Sam games. I mentioned earlier in the thread 1 or 2 places to purchase from.

#1290 5 years ago

New game ROM can be bought here.
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS242
You need to order both U1L and U1H for v1.0.12

#1292 5 years ago

Ordered from Ray, thank you!

Chris

1 week later
#1293 5 years ago

So, I did a thing........

1.0.3 (resized).jpg1.0.3 (resized).jpg

To:

1.0.12 (resized).jpg1.0.12 (resized).jpg

#1294 5 years ago

[quoted image]
To:
[quoted image]

Has it helped?

#1295 5 years ago

[quoted image]
To:
[quoted image]

Good job, welcome to 1995

#1296 5 years ago

Another 2 months before he plays it to let us know.

#1297 5 years ago

Mine's been getting some action. More to come...
Wink, wink.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Good job, welcome to 1995

Hahahaha

#1299 5 years ago

You're not wrong I got the chops in and then had a fire call so I had to leave. Had other things to do so didn't get any time on it today. Tomorrow not looking great wither, but sometime in the next few days I will play some games and see if anythign changed.

Honestly, the attract mode light show alone was worth the cost of the ROM's

Chris

#1300 5 years ago

double post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/26?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.