By WesleyCowan

2 years ago

Stats

• 1,041 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 266 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180214_092248 (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpg
20180107_164200 (resized).jpg
20180107_164211 (resized).jpg
F276462D-F2A6-4108-93A2-DAD16B500B74 (resized).jpeg
DSCF1209 (resized).JPG
DSCF1208 (resized).JPG
DSCF1207 (resized).JPG
DSCF1206 (resized).JPG
DSCF1205 (resized).JPG
DSCF1108 (resized).JPG
DSCF1204 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0943 (resized).JPG
62B95027-864D-4462-A4AF-6BEF801B5916 (resized).jpeg
DSCF1136 (resized).JPG

There are 1041 posts in topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
#1001 48 days ago

Hi fellow PM owners... im in the process of adding some spotlights near the slingshots, any ideas where to connect these, all lights seem to fade in and out, so im not sure where to attach these to, im also adding a couple led strips, need to splice these in somewhere as well. Also im looking for someone that makes touchup decals, i have some wear where the ball falls near the hat, as well as the spoon bender guys arm where the ball slides during full plunge.
loving this game!

thanks
Scott

20180107_164211 (resized).jpg

20180107_164200 (resized).jpg

#1002 47 days ago
Quoted from Weaser15:

Hi fellow PM owners... im in the process of adding some spotlights near the slingshots, any ideas where to connect these, all lights seem to fade in and out, so im not sure where to attach these to, im also adding a couple led strips, need to splice these in somewhere as well. Also im looking for someone that makes touchup decals, i have some wear where the ball falls near the hat, as well as the spoon bender guys arm where the ball slides during full plunge.
loving this game!
thanks
Scott

I think I just connected mine via alligator clips to the tabs on a slingshot bulb. Left for left spotlight and right for right spotlight. I found that you can’t connect any alligator clips to the tab with the diode band connected - just the other tabs. Then the connected led will behave the same as the light it’s powered from.

#1003 47 days ago
Quoted from DMC:

I think I just connected mine via alligator clips to the tabs on a slingshot bulb. Left for left spotlight and right for right spotlight. I found that you can’t connect any alligator clips to the tab with the diode band connected - just the other tabs. Then the connected led will behave the same as the light it’s powered from.

Yes, because the GI is also matrixed on Capcom games you have to pull from the points of the socket that the bulb connects to or you would have to put a diode on the spotlight / led strip you want to add. Even the flashers are matrixed in Capcom games, really seems like an expensive thing to do but it does help create some cool lighting effects.

#1004 47 days ago

Thanks guys, i thought that would be fine, just wasnt 100% sure.
Wish my pf didnt have those wear spots, but it is what it is. im thinking theres a really strong plunger spring in it, the ball just flys out of there!

#1005 47 days ago
Quoted from Weaser15:

im thinking theres a really strong plunger spring in it, the ball just flys out of there!

You can adjust the strength of your Solenoids in the adjustment menu... Perhaps it's maxed ... Tried the max setting on mine and was crazy!

#1006 46 days ago
Quoted from Weaser15:

Thanks guys, i thought that would be fine, just wasnt 100% sure.
Wish my pf didnt have those wear spots, but it is what it is. im thinking theres a really strong plunger spring in it, the ball just flys out of there!

Mine is strong too - to make the wire form loop and then the orbit.

#1007 40 days ago

Hi guys!

About "Pinball Magic Centre Apron"

A long of the next hours I will notice user by user a money estimation for.

You have a list of users in my thread (page 4):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/4

Some guys are asking me for my "Pinball Magic Custom Pinball Cards" in chrome vinyl, you can see designs and print result in page 3 and page 4 (click on the image for big details). Tell me if you want copies too and I will send them with "Pinball Magic Centre Apron.

If some people don´t want to share shiping cost, tell me. My idea is to send all to "SilverUnicorn"´s pinside user (only USA users).

Thanks for your attention!

Mikonos

#1008 39 days ago

Joined the club today! I've wanted this game for 15yrs!

Naturally... on my very first 'test' game, one of the drop targets broke (white plastic post). Damn damn damn.

#1009 39 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Joined the club today! I've wanted this game for 15yrs!

Congratulations .... Long wait but worth it! Drop targets readily available
Enjoy

#1010 38 days ago

I really appreciate the lighting effects in Pinball Magic - particularly the slow, dark, progressive brightness ramp lighting effect.

For those who have installed an LED-OCD board, do you lose the 'feel' of some of these effects when going to LEDs?
What settings did you use? default 85% did you modify?

In the comparison video here:
» YouTube video
, the ambient light of the leds is higher (which is nice) but the dark->bright transition differs (suffers?) quite a bit.

Do you think the camera may be compensating, making it look brighter on the video than it does in person? I'm assuming this might be possible since I've not read any disappointed posts (or even partially disappointed posts)

#1011 38 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I really appreciate the lighting effects in Pinball Magic - particularly the slow, dark, progressive brightness ramp lighting effect.
For those who have installed an LED-OCD board, do you lose the 'feel' of some of these effects when going to LEDs?
What settings did you use? default 85% did you modify?
In the comparison video here:
» YouTube video, the ambient light of the leds is higher (which is nice) but the dark->bright transition differs (suffers?) quite a bit.
Do you think the camera may be compensating, making it look brighter on the video than it does in person? I'm assuming this might be possible since I've not read any disappointed posts (or even partially disappointed posts)

I'm installing it now, but I haven't touched any of the software so I'm not ready to make an "official" post. I can tell you fresh out of the box there is ghosting in a few spots, and still noticeable flickering when dimming BUT I haven't fine tuned it so we shall see.

#1012 38 days ago

Anyone Know the size of the Clear Acrylic captive ball?
Way bigger than a pinball.

1 week later
#1013 30 days ago

Joined the club. Always a favorite machine of mine. Just wish I could replace the center apron decal. It is the Achilles heel on my machine and nearly impossible to find it seems. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

#1014 30 days ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Joined the club. Always a favorite machine of mine. Just wish I could replace the center apron decal. It is the Achilles heel on my machine and nearly impossible to find it seems. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Page 20

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/20#post-4147576

#1015 29 days ago

No one know the size of the captive ball?
I cant get to pin for a couple of weeks.
I have a chance to buy these captive balls but want to make sure of size.
Thanks.

#1017 29 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thanks.

If you don't get an answer ... PM me and I will get the ball out from under the plastic to measure... Bit of a pain in the butt , but willing to help...

#1018 29 days ago

Thanks.

What seems to be the problem?

#1019 29 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If you don't get an answer ... PM me and I will get the ball out from under the plastic to measure... Bit of a pain in the butt , but willing to help...

Thanks. I know its a hassel to get to. Im just not going to be home to do it till wed. But seriously, its not urgent. I will and can get to it later. Surprised it's not in manual.
I have nice calipers to get the right measurement to.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What seems to be the problem?

Mine is all scratched up and ugly.
I have a chance to get some nice one's all polished up and great replacement. Also, captive ball pinball size for other games like TZ or ToTan.

I can post back price once i get accurate size. Without pulling it out im guessing 1 1/2".

#1020 29 days ago

I seem to remember the clear balls were available somewhere. Of course, I might be remembering something from 5 years ago.

#1021 29 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I seem to remember the clear balls were available somewhere. Of course, I might be remembering something from 5 years ago.

Went looking, havent seen them from any of the usual suspects.

#1022 29 days ago

Has anyone attempted to re-finish the levitating ball? Mine is a bit dirty and dinged up. Even if chrome paint isn't very shiny or convincing, I suspect it would look better than what I've got now.

#1023 29 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Has anyone attempted to re-finish the levitating ball? Mine is a bit dirty and dinged u

Available from Marco

#1024 26 days ago

Went looking, havent seen them from any of the usual suspects.

Its just a clear acrylic ball. I bought a couple off ebay awhile ago, just cannot remember the size atm.

#1025 22 days ago

Eric,
Sorry for the delay,Jack has my game on loan and he was nice enough to get you the info.1.25"

FullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#1026 21 days ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Eric,
Sorry for the delay,Jack has my game on loan and he was nice enough to get you the info.1.25"

Thank Jack again for me. You sir, get a Free Captive ball. I'll make sure to find you at Arcade Expo.

#1027 21 days ago

Awesome! Glad to help Eric.I am anxious to see how your game is coming along, and looking forward to seeing you at Arcade Expo. I could not make the Tech day today ,dying from a sore throat and nasty cough. My Dr. is pretty reluctant to hand out antibiotics until I have had these symptoms for 2 weeks...hope I make it that long.
Cheers

1 week later
#1028 10 days ago

I wanted to know if this sounds right. Its about the ball lock. For example, I can make my very first shot when starting the game onto the left ramp and the ball goes to LOCK 1, without activating the lock ball. Is that correct? or is there supposed to be a sequence that lights the ball lock. Hope this makes sense. If this is not correct, what would be the fix? Thanks.

#1029 10 days ago

Knocking down the targets and the 3 standup bank before ramp lights ball lock!

#1030 10 days ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Eric,

Clear acylic captive balls are in.
These are the correct size for game, bigger than a pinball.
Let me know if you would like one or 2. Limited supply. $5 each, plus $4 USA shipping in small box not a padded envelope, that just doesnt work, thus the $4 shipping.
Pm me directly, that way i catch a request better. Thanks.

20180214_092248 (resized).jpg

#1031 10 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Knocking down the targets and the 3 standup bank before ramp lights ball lock!

I know thats how to activate the lock, so I wonder why mine isnt doing that. Like I said i can make my first shot of the game and if it goes up the left ramp it goes to LOCK BALL. What would be the fix so that I have to hit the three lock ball targets to activate LOCK BALL. Thanks.

#1032 10 days ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I know thats how to activate the lock, so I wonder why mine isnt doing that. Like I said i can make my first shot of the game and if it goes up the left ramp it goes to LOCK BALL. What would be the fix so that I have to hit the three lock ball targets to activate LOCK BALL. Thanks.

I'm thinking your game may be on an easy mode in programming. Do you have the most up to date cpu roms?

#1033 10 days ago

I'm thinking your game may be on an easy mode in programming. Do you have the most up to date cpu roms?

I will check the skill level. I am not sure which roms I have, but I know they are not the latest. Thanks.

#1034 10 days ago

Skill level on normal. I got home and I noticed the lock 1 light is blinking right when you start a game. Any thoughts? Thanks.

#1035 10 days ago

First lock is always lit on my game. I’m assuming to show new players that that feature is an objective.

#1036 10 days ago
Quoted from DMC:

First lock is always lit on my game. I’m assuming to show new players that that feature is an objective.

Same here and definitely on the latest code, pretty sure it's set on normal difficulty as well.

#1037 9 days ago

Does anyone have any ideas on sources for the SM00145-04 sleeve posts that are apparently out of stock everywhere. These are the sleeve posts with that are threaded for an 8-32 machine screw in the top, two of which are used in the front of the four that hold the captive ball. I had one shear off last night and no one has them in stock, nor do I see a good candidate for substitution. I knew Capcom parts could be hard to come by but I didn't expect a playfield post to be so hard to find!

#1038 9 days ago

Only ONE captive ball left if anyone is interested. Those went fast. Don't think i would bother to buy a bunch again, well if there is enough interest i would.
1 captive ball left. Pm me if intetested.
Thanks to the 5 guys that paid quick and wanted a captive ball. Wrapping them up now and will send tracking soon.

#1039 9 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does anyone have any ideas on sources for the SM00145-04 sleeve posts that are apparently out of stock everywhere. These are the sleeve posts with that are threaded for an 8-32 machine screw in the top, two of which are used in the front of the four that hold the captive ball. I had one shear off last night and no one has them in stock, nor do I see a good candidate for substitution. I knew Capcom parts could be hard to come by but I didn't expect a playfield post to be so hard to find!

Try here http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/

#1040 9 days ago
Quoted from guss:

Try here http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/

They are listed out of stock.
Although you might want to shoot them an email to ask.

#1041 9 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

These are the sleeve posts with that are threaded for an 8-32 machine screw in the top, two of which are used in the front of the fo

I could not find these as well , however found them in a small shop in Germany ... If you cannot find them let me know and I will see if I have any spare in the parts bin ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
4,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 99.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 1041 posts in topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside