IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 49.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah that is odd, not really sure what that does either.

I'll be taking apart the top half of the bumper later on this week so I will explore more then and report back.

3 weeks later
#852 6 years ago

M

Quoted from bobukcat:That's interesting, that plate on yours has threaded weldnuts on it that (presumably) the base and body screw into instead of just wood screws into the PF. It's not shown on the diagram on post #828 and I don't believe I've ever seen a pop bumper like that but then I've never worked on a Capcom PB before so......

I have seen the metal plate with long 6/32 machine screws that hold the body of the pop bumper to the playfield on BBB remake.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

M

I have seen the metal plate with long 6/32 machine screws that hold the body of the pop bumper to the playfield on BBB remake.

Perhaps a different style pop pumper was intended and switched in production?

Chris

#854 6 years ago

any pics

Quoted from DMC:I'll be taking apart the top half of the bumper later on this week so I will explore more then and report back.

#855 6 years ago

I was putting in an led wafer so took these pics but it’s obviously not a total tear down.

7EA2E972-BC07-4DE9-AA57-F158EFAF4A19 (resized).jpeg7EA2E972-BC07-4DE9-AA57-F158EFAF4A19 (resized).jpeg

01F231DA-8E33-4B7E-802E-6352B90AC675 (resized).jpeg01F231DA-8E33-4B7E-802E-6352B90AC675 (resized).jpeg

7251AB57-E2C8-411F-8584-46C17EED27EA (resized).jpeg7251AB57-E2C8-411F-8584-46C17EED27EA (resized).jpeg

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Replace all 3 of the transmitter optos in the trunk.

Quoted from DMC:

Okay thanks. I will pull 'em out tomorrow.

Did this fix your issue? I hadn't seen a response on it.

#857 6 years ago

You wear gloves to LED a pop bumper?

#858 6 years ago

You LED a pop bumper?

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

You wear gloves to LED a pop bumper?

Quoted from TheLaw:

You LED a pop bumper?

First time! I was cleaning and polishing moments earlier and left the gloves on.

#860 6 years ago

You wear gloves to clean and polish?

#861 6 years ago

Signs of more good things coming to conceal and protect this rare game.... This is test fit #1... a couple last kinks to iron out...

IMG_20171007_182229 (resized).jpgIMG_20171007_182229 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171007_182245 (resized).jpgIMG_20171007_182245 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171007_182237 (resized).jpgIMG_20171007_182237 (resized).jpg

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Signs of more good things coming to conceal and protect this rare game

Nobody can do it better than Cliffy!
Still have to install the Airborne protectors but they look great!
Looking forward to this release!

#863 6 years ago

Did you get that 5 bank drop magic from cliffy?? Need that.

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did you get that 5 bank drop magic from cliffy?? Need that.

Yes, been working with Cliffy on these for quite some time. Have to make a few more adjustments and of course test-fit on more than one game and then they should be ready for release.

#865 6 years ago

Has anyone in the club replaced their metal ramp with the one from Mantis or Marco's? I bought one from Marco's, they say it is NOS but it sure looks like the one Kerry @ Mantis produces, and the tab for mounting the plastic on the left is in the wrong place versus the one I took off. In fact it is directly where the rod for the hand/wand comes up through the PF, meaning it can't be mounted as is. I'm going to try to dremel or bend it to make it work but curious if anyone else has seen this issue with these ramps?

20171009_095604 (resized).jpg20171009_095604 (resized).jpg

#866 6 years ago

Does anyone have any information about the various code versions or change logs?

I haven't been able to find anything.

My game's on 1.06, but I note IPDB states 1.12 as latest. I've got to assume there were a few intermediary updates, too.

How much and what am I missing?

#867 6 years ago

the most important one for me in the newest code is that buy in is an option.

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

the most important one for me in the newest code is that buy in is an option.

I would actually love to be able to turn that off.

Chris

#869 6 years ago

double post

#870 6 years ago

I recently purchased my first pinball machine, a Capcom Pinball Magic. I am really excited with my purchase and even more excited I found this forum. I have quite a few issues and need some help. Do I need to post here? or somewhere else. I am going to list the issues and if I have to I will move the post. A few things I have notices is that when I hold the left or right flipper I get a buzz out of the speakers. I also get the same sound when the ball goes up the left ramp and hits the trigger where the lock lights are blinking at the bottom of the ramp. One other issue is that when I shoot the ball up the stage ramp the swing arm is blocking the ramp so it comes back out. I can reach inside and move the arm to the left, but it will eventually go back and block the ramp. Oh and the trap door on the chest keeps going up and down until game starts and that same area only recognizes a ball is there for the lock ball to work. Hope that makes sense. Let me know if more information is needed or if I need to move post. I got a good deal, but hope this is not overwhelming.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I recently purchased my first pinball machine, a Capcom Pinball Magic. I am really excited with my purchase and even more excited I found this forum. I have quite a few issues and need some help. Do I need to post here? or somewhere else. I am going to list the issues and if I have to I will move the post. A few things I have notices is that when I hold the left or right flipper I get a buzz out of the speakers. I also get the same sound when the ball goes up the left ramp and hits the trigger where the lock lights are blinking at the bottom of the ramp. One other issue is that when I shoot the ball up the stage ramp the swing arm is blocking the ramp so it comes back out. I can reach inside and move the arm to the left, but it will eventually go back and block the ramp. Oh and the trap door on the chest keeps going up and down until game starts and that same area only recognizes a ball is there for the lock ball to work. Hope that makes sense. Let me know if more information is needed or if I need to move post. I got a good deal, but hope this is not overwhelming.

Congratulations. Leave your current post as is. It would be nice for you to post a link here to the new thread, which will be easier to follow.

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

One other issue is that when I shoot the ball up the stage ramp the swing arm is blocking the ramp so it comes back out. I can reach inside and move the arm to the left, but it will eventually go back and block the ramp. Oh and the trap door on the chest keeps going up and down until game starts and that same area only recognizes a ball is there for the lock ball to work. Hope that makes sense. Let me know if more information is needed or if I need to move post. I got a good deal, but hope this is not overwhelming.

Sounds like a mechanical issue with the ramp diverter, possibly a broken or missing return spring on the mechanism under the PF. The diverter should be "closed" to divert the ball to the stage kickout when at rest and pulled down or "open" to send it to the levitating ball assembly when energized.

The release for the trunk cycling is almost certainly caused by a bad / dirty / malfunctioning opto inside the trunk. Try cleaning them first and then checking them with a ball in the opto test in the diagnostics menu (you do have to remove a connector for that test but the screen has instructions displayed).

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Does anyone have any information about the various code versions or change logs?
I haven't been able to find anything.
My game's on 1.06, but I note IPDB states 1.12 as latest. I've got to assume there were a few intermediary updates, too.
How much and what am I missing?

This is the closest I've seen to a ROM revision history but it's the changelog for V1.02: http://actionpinball.com/tech/pm102.txt

It does have some interesting information but doesn't appear to cover the newest versions.

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This is the closest I've seen to a ROM revision history but it's the changelog for V1.02: http://actionpinball.com/tech/pm102.txt
It does have some interesting information but doesn't appear to cover the newest versions.

Thanks.

It's impossible to know if 1.06 is 'superior' to 1.12 without notes. Several WMS games, old code was considered better.

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Thanks.
It's impossible to know if 1.06 is 'superior' to 1.12 without notes. Several WMS games, old code was considered better.

I upgraded the one I recently bought from 1.03 to 1.12 and don't notice any real differences in game play. The ability to turn off the buy -in is probably the biggest improvement. I do believe it includes some bug fixes for how the game handles ball search, particularly balls not being registered in the stage / levitating ball assemblies.

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sounds like a mechanical issue with the ramp diverter, possibly a broken or missing return spring on the mechanism under the PF

That sounds like a good possibility. I can push the diverter freely to the left and right with no resistance. I will check that out. Thanks.

#877 6 years ago

I tried to get the diverter loose so that I could pull out the solenoid and clean it. I could net get the shaft from the diverter loose from the clamp that holds it. I backed the nut off and tried to separate the clamp, but the shaft would not budge. Any tips? Hope that makes sense.

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I tried to get the diverter loose so that I could pull out the solenoid and clean it. I could net get the shaft from the diverter loose from the clamp that holds it. I backed the nut off and tried to separate the clamp, but the shaft would not budge. Any tips? Hope that makes sense.

You might be able to get the actual diverter off the top of the shaft without taking too many things apart on the upper side, it has two set screws, but it may require more dis-assembly than I remember. Once that's off the whole mechanism should be removable from the bottom.

#879 6 years ago

I want to take my recent purchase (Pinball Magic) apart and clean and replace parts. I have a friend who does powered coating, so I was going to do a few parts. I was thinking of doing the legs, coins door, top cabinet rails. I wanted to know how others feel about the color of powder coating. Is it bad to do them in a different color like yellow or purple? Or is it best to try and keep it original. I know it all comes down to personal preference, but don't want to have a hard time reselling someday if I decide to. Thanks.

#880 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I wanted to know how others feel about the color of powder coating.

Is it bad to do them in a different color like yellow or purple?

Or is it best to try and keep it original. I know it all comes down to personal preference, but don't want to have a hard time reselling someday if I decide to. Thanks.

Lots of people love powder coating all sorts of colors

Lots of people will enjoy the look. I will think it looks like shit. Which shouldn't matter to you. Although Yellow is by far the worst color you could have picked IMO. Purple makes sense.

It all comes down to what you try to get out, what you put in. If you try to charge someone more because your powder coating coasted more it will be harder to sell. How much harder? whom knows.

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You might be able to get the actual diverter off the top of the shaft without taking too many things apart on the upper side, it has two set screws, but it may require more dis-assembly than I remember. Once that's off the whole mechanism should be removable from the bottom.

You were right, I was able to remove diverter from the top. There was quite a bit of disassembly since I had to do both the one to the stage and the one to the wand. They were both stiff and would stick. I pulled everything apart, cleaned them up and they work like a champ. Thanks for the input.

#882 6 years ago

BTW, welcome to the Pinball Magic ownership club. There are a lot of great topics in this thread, and folks here to help. Take some photos and detailed videos of your adventure, if for no other reason to remember where you came from when you are the master of the game, both playing and maintaining. Neat game, yes its kinda rare, particularly if its in MINT shape. The cabinet artwork around the flippers particularly got worn off on many instances of this title.

#883 6 years ago

I wanted to thank bstyles for his pictures of Cliffy's protectors for the great game. I got a set a few weeks ago and am extremely happy with them. Cliff makes a protector for the shooter lane also.

IMG_2099 (resized).JPGIMG_2099 (resized).JPG

IMG_2092 (resized).JPGIMG_2092 (resized).JPG

IMG_2102 (resized).JPGIMG_2102 (resized).JPG

#884 6 years ago

I didn't see them on Cliffy's site. Did you have to email him directly?

Chris

#885 6 years ago

A friend of mine was in the bay area picking up a WOZ and stopped by to visit Cliff, and get a few protectors for his WOZ, he called and asked if there were any items I was interested in.I think Cliff made the 4 protectors right then and there. I think the package was even marked "prototype". Everything fit fine for me. Send Cliff an email- I usually hear back very quickly.

#886 6 years ago

Whats Cliffy's web site to oder these in cool protectors?
Never mind Google it

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Whats Cliffy's web site to oder these in cool protectors?
Never mind Google it

Ill jump in with you Al

#888 6 years ago

So far this game has come along pretty well. Nothing cosmetic yet, just getting all of the parts to function. a little bit of cleaning has brought most of this back to life. I ahad a random issue pop up last night and was hoping maybe someone could help me out. The 3 lites lock targets and the swallow the sword target have quit registering when the ball hits them. The magic wand has also been randomly moving back and forth and sometimes stops in the middle of the play field not lining up with anything. Hope all of that makes sense. Let me know if more information is needed to help diagnose the issues. Thanks.

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

So far this game has come along pretty well. Nothing cosmetic yet, just getting all of the parts to function. a little bit of cleaning has brought most of this back to life. I ahad a random issue pop up last night and was hoping maybe someone could help me out. The 3 lites lock targets and the swallow the sword target have quit registering when the ball hits them. The magic wand has also been randomly moving back and forth and sometimes stops in the middle of the play field not lining up with anything. Hope all of that makes sense. Let me know if more information is needed to help diagnose the issues. Thanks.

My guess without looking it up is that all those switches and maybe the position sensing switches for the wand are in the same row or column of the switch matrix and you have a broken wire somewhere in that row/column that connects them all.

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I have seen everything you just described acting funny on a game, and it turned out to be a poor connection on the 50 pin connection at the CPU. Since then whenever I fold the speaker panel down, i always double check this connection.

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I have seen everything you just described acting funny on a game, and it turned out to be a poor connection on the 50 pin connection at the CPU.

I tried reconnecting the 50 pin and nothing happened. I also messed with the other plugs, and one of the orange wire clusters on the left side must have been loose, because that seemed to get it going again. Thanks again!

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I didn't see them on Cliffy's site. Did you have to email him directly

Yes ... Email direct ... Ordered mine !

#893 6 years ago

I wanted to know what most of you do with the myler, not sure if I spelled that right. On my unit it looks a little worn out. Do you leave it on or take it off? Thanks.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

worn out. Do you leave it on or take it off? Thanks

If I'm not mistaken Chris attempted Mylar removal and did remove some of the M-A-G-I-C letters! I've had success with most Mylar removal however ... " if it ain't broken don't fix it"
You can polish it up and make it shine... The treasure cove kit is a good start however there are other options!

#895 6 years ago

Its back on this thread somewhere, a year ago maybe. Ill try and find it.
DONT PULL MYLAR...unless your an absolute expert and done it several times. Same holds true with system 11 games. Just dont, best said above, if it aint broke. Plenty of polish techniques, no need.

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The treasure cove kit is a good start however there are other options!

I am going to order the Treasure Cove Kit and give that a try. Thanks.

#897 6 years ago

Mylar isn't going to "polish up"....I find it hard to believe they still sell this "kit"....

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Mylar isn't going to "polish up"....I find it hard to believe they still sell this "kit"....

Viable option rather than having the op ruin his playfield?

Quoted from Cinder143:

On my unit it looks a little worn out. Do you leave it on or take it off? Thanks.

Perhaps a pic of your playfield would help get a proper answer to your question

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from Cinder143:

I wanted to know what most of you do with the myler, not sure if I spelled that right. On my unit it looks a little worn out. Do you leave it on or take it off? Thanks.

I pulled mine. It did not go well. I lost some artwork, most oticably on the "M" in MAGIC at the drop targets.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Its back on this thread somewhere, a year ago maybe. Ill try and find it.
DONT PULL MYLAR...unless your an absolute expert and done it several times. Same holds true with system 11 games. Just dont, best said above, if it aint broke. Plenty of polish techniques, no need.

It worked amazing on my Breakshot, and fairly well on my Airborne. Of the 3 Capcom games I pulled mylar from, Pinball Magic came out the leat stellar.

DSCF1133 (resized).JPGDSCF1133 (resized).JPG

DSCF1132 (resized).JPGDSCF1132 (resized).JPG

DSCF1134 (resized).JPGDSCF1134 (resized).JPG

DSCF1135 (resized).JPGDSCF1135 (resized).JPG

DSCF1136 (resized).JPGDSCF1136 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#900 6 years ago

ebay.com link: Pinball Magic Capcom Pinball Decals
not mine just posting as I happened to run across this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.