IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 49.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I told you I have an NOS floating ball. Even sent you pics. Said make me an offer.

PM sent ...

#652 6 years ago

Have commissioned Tilttoppers to make a topper for PM. Any ideas to incorporate into the design would be appreciated ...

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Have commissioned Tilttoppers to make a topper for PM. Any ideas to incorporate into the design would be appreciated ...

A big crystal ball that changes colour in sync with the little one on the playfield.

#654 6 years ago

I wonder if a factory reset changes the time played? Looks great regardless! What's the story on this?

Quoted from sgorsuch:

Well it has been a long wait, but it was worth it...picked up a PM today. I am blown away at the condition. It is in need of some new rubbers, a less stiff plunger spring and a few minor tweaks on the flipper and solenoid strength, but it is a beauty.I am still shacking my head on the amount of time played.

#655 6 years ago

The guy I bought the game from is well known in the pinball community,but I won't mention his name without conferring with him first.He has had the game in his possession for 18 years of its 22 year life, and never really grew attached to the play of the game. Plus when you have a substantial collection of 80 + games, you can't play them all the time.He indicated that he probably put 100 games on it in that amount of time, and I believe him.

I paid top dollar for the game, and am extremely happy with the purchase, I was all over this ad like a hobo on a ham sandwich.These really don't come up for sale too often.

I am still debating if I should just leave the game as is with incandescent lamps- it really looks good the way it is. There is something very subtle about the fade in and out on the incandescents.I have heard of the LED OCD boards that emulate this effect, but i have not seen one to form an opinion yet.

#656 6 years ago

Anyone know of a vendor that sells new apron decals for this game? I need the center "CAPCOM" one the most,
I can find the two triangular decals but not the centre decal

I'm sure I could upload a pic of what I'm after

#657 6 years ago

So restore is done, have a problem that I need some help with.
My stage door is repeatingly firing. Assuming it's an opto issue, thinking its sensing a ball and kicking out.
Has anyone else had this issue?

#658 6 years ago

yes, it's happened. Your opto is either out on one side or the other, or you have a loose connection, or a bad connection on one of the spider chip legs. First i'd disconnect the optos and connect them again. Also note how tight those plugs are.

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Anyone know of a vendor that sells new apron decals for this game? I need the center "CAPCOM" one the most,
I can find the two triangular decals but not the centre decal
I'm sure I could upload a pic of what I'm after

I got mine from Mikonos ( [email protected]) from zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net forum

He also did some custom cards for me

I had searched and searched for that Capcom decal ... hard to find

Pinball Magic centre apron Mike print1 (resized).jpgPinball Magic centre apron Mike print1 (resized).jpg

Pinball Magic Card 2  fanuminski print1 (resized).JPGPinball Magic Card 2 fanuminski print1 (resized).JPG

Pinball Magic Card 1  fanuminski print1 (resized).jpgPinball Magic Card 1 fanuminski print1 (resized).jpg

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I am still debating if I should just leave the game as is with incandescent lamps- it really looks good the way it is. There is something very subtle about the fade in and out on the incandescents.I have heard of the LED OCD boards that emulate this effect, but i have not seen one to form an opinion yet.

The LED OCD board is good product. Retains the dimming effect nicely..and is adjustable. Really brightens up the machine. PM looks like half the lights are out when in a group of modern machines without it, IMO.

#661 6 years ago

How do you remove the white plastic linkage from the ball lift motor ... Need to have the white armature lined up, currently my lift sits at the top position instead of the bottom by the micro switch.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

The LED OCD board is good product. Retains the dimming effect nicely..and is adjustable. Really brightens up the machine. PM looks like half the lights are out when in a group of modern machines without it, IMO.

have a brand new never used one for sale if anyone is interested pm me

#663 6 years ago

Took 3 years....but found some Magic last Sunday at Pin a Go Go. Purchased the Steve Charland Pinball Magic, been folded up for 8 years. Needs a major major shop job before playing it. Afraid ball will scratch field there is so much dust.
Very Happy, cant wait to play it.

20170521_130325 (resized).jpg20170521_130325 (resized).jpg

#664 6 years ago

Well my Dmd had 2 lines out near the bottom, so I temporarily installed a X-Pin Dmd!

Tilt toppers has now been paid to create a topper for this game , again any input would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Memorial Day to my US friends

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Tilt toppers has now been paid to create a topper for this game , again any input would be greatly appreciated

It needs to look like a stage. This machine is putting on a show we are apart of. Stage proscenium , needs depth. It also needs the butterfly ladies on the stage doors perhaps facing the other way flanking the sides.
Ill have more later.

#666 6 years ago

you want the butter fly girls facing out, because they are pushing the curtain open. <----- ------->

#667 6 years ago

My sister made me a topper for my birthday one year. You can't see that she painted some stars on the inside back wall. I need to try and dimly light up the inside somehow.

20170527_222628 (resized).jpg20170527_222628 (resized).jpg20170527_222732 (resized).jpg20170527_222732 (resized).jpg20170527_222554 (resized).jpg20170527_222554 (resized).jpg

#668 6 years ago

looks awesome. If you want to dimmly light the inside. Take 45 lamp sockets. Put them in series on the front inside top. Use the UV LED's and run wires down inside the backbox along the back (in the vent holes if it has them (dont' remember) and tap into the 5V DC line. The black light will glow the stars especially if they are yellow or white.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you want the butter fly girls facing out, because they are pushing the curtain open. <----- ------->

I was thinking they would be on the sides, waiting to close the curtain.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My sister made me a topper for my birthday one year. You can't see that she painted some stars on the inside back wall. I need to try and dimly light up the inside somehow.

That looks amazing, great idea with the frame.

#670 6 years ago

Thanks guys. It has gotten some good complements at the Houston Arcade Expo as well. Yes the stars are yellow/gold on the inside. Thank you for the lightning ideas, CaptainNeo. Hope I can get something done later this year. I'll post updates once I get 'er done.

#671 6 years ago

Topper looks great !

#672 6 years ago

Nice job on the topper PinballManiac40!

I spent the better part of yesterday and finished this morning installing the plastic protectors I got from Pam at Pinbits. I still have a couple in the pop bumper area to do- but waiting for a replacement plastic from Australia. I 'll replace the mylar around the pop also, as it is lifting and filthy.
I also added 3 sets of spot reflectors to help illuminate the playfield. I think the last addition with be a SMD strip in the outhole area.

IMG_1583 (resized).JPGIMG_1583 (resized).JPG
IMG_1584 (resized).JPGIMG_1584 (resized).JPG
IMG_1585 (resized).JPGIMG_1585 (resized).JPG
IMG_1586 (resized).JPGIMG_1586 (resized).JPG
IMG_1588 (resized).JPGIMG_1588 (resized).JPG
IMG_1593 (resized).JPGIMG_1593 (resized).JPG

#673 6 years ago

Have ROM version 1.0.3 installed in this unit. Are there more updated versions done for this game? Is the updated ROM a major difference in the rule set?
Lastly usually use John Wart for this service, however he is not available, can somebody recommend an other vender?

#674 6 years ago

v1.0.12 is the latest version. I worked on a PM in the past that had v1.0.3 that had a problem with the stage that didn't allow it to go all the way down and the ball would hang up there. Upgrading it to v1.0.6 fixed it. I had installed my old ROM in his game so he didn't need to upgrade.

I think there may even been a light show update to the game as well to v1.0.12. I didn't notice any game play differences between 6 and 12.

#675 6 years ago

New game ROM can be bought here.
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS242
You need to order both U1L and U1H for v1.0.12

#677 6 years ago

v1.0.12 is the latest version. I worked on a PM in the past that had v1.0.3 that had a problem with the stage that didn't allow it to go all the way down and the ball would hang up there

Too funny ... Have been frustrating myself to no end trying to get the stage and elevator to work properly.
Thanks for the help!

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Too funny ... Have been frustrating myself to no end trying to get the stage and elevator to work properly.
Thanks for the help!

I went through myself a few years ago. I was trying all types of adjustments and happened to swap my Game ROM and poof...it fixed the issue.

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Took 3 years....but found some Magic last Sunday at Pin a Go Go. Purchased the Steve Charland Pinball Magic, been folded up for 8 years. Needs a major major shop job before playing it. Afraid ball will scratch field there is so much dust.
Very Happy, cant wait to play it.

Did you check what ROM version you have in the game? I hope it is at least v1.0.6 so you don't have an issue with the ball getting stuck at the elevator/stage.

#680 6 years ago

Did you check what ROM version you have in the game? I hope it is at least v1.0.6 so you don't have an issue with the ball getting stuck at the elevator/stage.

I was reading down the page and just got to your post.
I will check mine, been building a Marcos cart.
Ive been working like a mad dog. No time to work on machine, barely had time to look at.

#681 6 years ago

Did you check what ROM version you have in the game

I normally check what ROMs a game has, this one I completely forgot.... Big mistake cost me a lot of time trying to fix a update issue...
Ordered an on the way ....

#682 6 years ago

On Capcom games where can I find the actual game number? My serial number is 1945 on the play field is number 765 ...

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

On Capcom games where can I find the actual game number? My serial number is 1945 on the play field is number 765 ...

Importance?

#684 6 years ago

Curiosity... and insurance....

#685 6 years ago

I just wanted to give a shout of THANKS to TecumsehPlissken, The LEDOCD board you sent works perfectly with the game. I am extremely happy!

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I just wanted to give a shout of THANKS to TecumsehPlissken, The LEDOCD board you sent works perfectly with the game. I am extremely happy!

I need to get one of these boards!

#687 6 years ago

Hey guys, odd question but are the backbox lights individual sockets or a giant pcb? I got my pm back together, but have numerous lights not working so get to track them down. Lights coming on when they shouldn't, lights not lighting at all, all fun stuff.

#688 6 years ago

I received a replacement plastic today from PSPA, waxed the playfield got it installed- along with a plastic protector . Ever the tinkerer- I added a #555 socket in the body of the pop bumper and put in a Evo-BrightCap LED to help illuminate this dark area of the game.

IMG_1613 (resized).JPGIMG_1613 (resized).JPG

IMG_1612 (resized).JPGIMG_1612 (resized).JPG

IMG_1614 (resized).JPGIMG_1614 (resized).JPG

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Hey guys, odd question but are the backbox lights individual sockets or a giant pcb?

Giant PCB

#690 6 years ago

That is what I thought, but mine has sockets like a williams/gottlieb/data east. Guess its just another issue of it being a sample.

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from dung:

That is what I thought, but mine has sockets like a williams/gottlieb/data east. Guess its just another issue of it being a s

If you could be so kind ... Photo please! If it's a "sample" what are the other differences?

#692 6 years ago

You have a Color DMD in it? How is that working?

I have pin2dmd display in mine, set to a yellow/purple palette.

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

You have a Color DMD in it? How is that working?

It is working well and I love it in Hi Res setting.

#694 6 years ago

It is working well and I love it in Hi Res setting.

Yeah, but there is no official code for it, so is it in 1 color mode?

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Yeah, but there is no official code for it, so is it in 1 color mode?

Correct and it is better than the orange. Have the choice of any colors that Sigma provides. Yellow and light purple work great in this game. Can also select between the other display settings such as Dots, DotsXL, tiles, 8bit, and HiRes.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

1) want to put in the sigma ColorDMD and I'm having a power tap built to run powers from my boards
2) laseriffic is willing to make a custom topper for me ($) all my others have Dan's topper on them so it looks a little off in the line up.
I do not sell mods but was wondering if anyone else had interest in a professionally made power tap or topper! With a larger interest perhaps it could get done quicker!

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Didn't miss a thing ... Going to the LED sigma that way I can choose a color ... If Randy has a way for a power source would be more viable for him to proceed with color!
The power tap that's being made , will have 2 sources so that I can attach the DMD and the topper without hacking my boards ...
Will post more in a couple of weeks

I am currently looking into building a power tap for PM / Capcom. This will have at least 2 mod outputs if there is room for it. Check out my current prototype taps for other systems here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-taps-any-interest

I will post there with any updates until they are ready for production.

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If you could be so kind ... Photo please! If it's a "sample" what are the other differences?

Stainless rails, lock down bar, the metal lip right in front of the backbox is also stainless. The legs are stainless but mine were bent as someone moved it with the legs on. The texture for the black backbox hinges are different compared to breakshot and airborne. The text telling you how to get to matra is a decal instead of being silkscreened on. The sound board is different, I have not verified if the other boards are.

I will try and get a pic when I have the chance, but right now I am in the middle of buying a house and need to finish up pin projects before I close and prep to move.

#698 6 years ago

I found these rare pictures of a Capcom factory tour while Pinball Magic was on the line. So great to see the origin of our games. Check it out at this link:

http://www.tilt.it/xfiles7.htm

#699 6 years ago

My game just started to have some issues when there are 2 balls in the trunk lock.It is impossible to get past round 2 in the Triple Power Play mode .With 2 balls locked it will kick the last ball into the shooter lane and then the flipper stop working and it awards the bonus for tricks and Triple Power Play starts over as if there are no balls in the lock. I noticed that with 2 balls in the Lock going for Magic Mayen it does the same thing. I checked all the switches and OPTOs and everything is good.
I disconnected the OCD board and the game behaves the same. Then I lifted the playfield and noticed a lamp socket with a missing screw the was resting on one of the solenoid wires for the stage .I suspect this may have introduced some stray voltage into the game and corrupted an IC chip.Which chips are the most likely culprits to replace?

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

My game just started to have some issues when there are 2 balls in the trunk lock.It is impossible to get past round 2 in the Triple Power Play mode .With 2 balls locked it will kick the last ball into the shooter lane and then the flipper stop working and it awards the bonus for tricks and Triple Power Play starts over as if there are no balls in the lock. I noticed that with 2 balls in the Lock going for Magic Mayen it does the same thing. I checked all the switches and OPTOs and everything is good.
I disconnected the OCD board and the game behaves the same. Then I lifted the playfield and noticed a lamp socket with a missing screw the was resting on one of the solenoid wires for the stage .I suspect this may have introduced some stray voltage into the game and corrupted an IC chip.Which chips are the most likely culprits to replace?

What game ROM version do you have installed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.