IMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2570 (resized).jpeg
20240212_120942 (resized).jpg
color ball assembly (resized).png
image3(6) (resized).jpeg
image2(5) (resized).jpeg
IMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 49.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from Madal:

Is there any way to trun off ball saver ?
If I dont shot the fist ball out of the lane the game starts to look for it then after a time kicks the next ball out in to the lane. In the end all 3 ball in the shotting lane. And the game still looking for the balls

Ball Saver should be in the settings.
Are you getting the ball saver DMD animation and call out?
I agree with the other fellow, it's probably a switch issue...

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This sounds like the lane switch is not registering to me.
Chris

Your right.
In the Diagmostics the switch is not showing up as working.
The switch works testing with the meter. Wire trace to board is ok. Think I got it theres a lose ground wire bit more down on the board.
Ok fix! Ground wire from lane swich go's to presto change-o swich had come off.
Thanks for the help guys.

#503 7 years ago

I got to play for the first time on the weekend, such a beautiful machine. It was next to a TOM at Pinfest Newcastle. A rare opportunity (for me) to play both

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

I got to play for the first time on the weekend, such a beautiful machine. It was next to a TOM at Pinfest Newcastle. A rare opportunity (for me) to play both

Here 'tis

IMG_0199 (resized).JPGIMG_0199 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#505 7 years ago

How do you remove the presto ball?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

How do you remove the presto ball?

Just pull it out. It's a ball on a stick.

#507 7 years ago

Help needed.

Does anyone know where I can find the slingshot arm plastic "link" part in the picture from the PM manual; other than from the outrageous shipping charges that the Australian parts store charges? Mine broke at the hole insert, being held together by a zip tie right now.

The other picture is of the link from pinballife. Could this part work?

PM sling parts closeup (resized).JPGPM sling parts closeup (resized).JPG

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Just pull it out. It's a ball on a stick.

Not quite, there is a screw that keeps it from falling out.

1 month later
#509 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone can use these. Used sling plastics and skill shot plastic. Shill shot plastic is pretty rough, slings are OK for used, but one has a pinhole in the art.

Free shipping in the US. All I ask is that you not get these and resell them. Let me know if interested.

Pinballmagic1 (resized).jpgPinballmagic1 (resized).jpg

Pinballmagic2 (resized).jpgPinballmagic2 (resized).jpg

Pinballmagic3 (resized).jpgPinballmagic3 (resized).jpg

Pinballmagic4 (resized).jpgPinballmagic4 (resized).jpg

Chris

#510 7 years ago

Bought the OCD LED board. Really brightens things up and keeps the fade in/out. Really dig it

1480289705031-694329935 (resized).jpg1480289705031-694329935 (resized).jpg

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Bought the OCD LED board. Really brightens things up and keeps the fade in/out. Really dig it

I just picked one up with the OCD board already in it. Can't wait until it arrives.

#512 7 years ago

thumbs up for having diversity in your collection. Little bit of everything there. Kudos to you!

#513 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone can use these. Used sling plastics and skill shot plastic. Shill shot plastic is pretty rough, slings are OK for used, but one has a pinhole in the art.
Free shipping in the US. All I ask is that you not get these and resell them. Let me know if interested.

Chris

These are going to a Pinsider who needs them. Thank you.

#514 7 years ago

Looking for a translight lock plate if anyone has a extra.

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Looking for a translight lock plate if anyone has a extra.

In the same boat. The one on my breakshot is missing. Have been looking/asking around for awhile, but no luck.

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

In the same boat. The one on my breakshot is missing. Have been looking/asking around for awhile, but no luck.

That stinks, if someone would let me borrow one I would have some made.

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

That stinks, if someone would let me borrow one I would have some made.

PM sent.

#519 7 years ago

Never seen one for sale I'm afraid.

#520 7 years ago

Due to surprise circumstances I may be selling my PM It is mint. HUO from what I know and how it looks. No mods. Just a beautiful and fun pin! $4,600 firm if anyone is interested. When I get out of the VA hospital I will do a normal Pinside ad and also make sure I pay the appropriate fee to Pinside should it sell from here.

Thanks!

#521 7 years ago

Fresh set of box office doors FS in the market....

1 week later
#522 7 years ago

Longtime PM owner, new to Pinside. PM is my favorite game, ever. My family forbids me - unnecessarily so because it will never happen - from selling it. Anyhow, was shopping it out and my daughter, who was repainting the nails on the hand a dark shinier red, asked me the following: Dad, what is her name? Everyone else has a name, so what is her name?
I thought I read it somewhere, but could not answer her question . . .
Also, where can I purchase the board for the LEDs? Thanks to all. And for those who appreciate this really excellent game, well you have great taste.

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

where can I purchase the board for the LEDs? Thanks to all. And for those who appreciate this really excellent game, well you have great taste.

Big fan of this game . I believe you're looking for one of these:
http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=21

#524 7 years ago

May have answered my own question: Is her name Matra?

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Longtime PM owner, new to Pinside. PM is my favorite game, ever. My family forbids me - unnecessarily so because it will never happen - from selling it. Anyhow, was shopping it out and my daughter, who was repainting the nails on the hand a dark shinier red, asked me the following: Dad, what is her name? Everyone else has a name, so what is her name?
I thought I read it somewhere, but could not answer her question . . .
Also, where can I purchase the board for the LEDs? Thanks to all. And for those who appreciate this really excellent game, well you have great taste.

Mine has the LEDOCD board and I can highly recommend it.

Just picked this game up and am really digging it. It plays so fast! I had played it in a arcade a while back, but can't remember it playing as fast as mine.

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

May have answered my own question: Is her name Matra?

Queen Matra Magna. Page 5 in the manual tells the backstory.

#527 7 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday. I'm loving it. The biggest flaw with my game is there is a small chip on the playfield right on Shaman's head. I want to make a decal for it. Can anyone send me a scan of Shaman?

Thanks.

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Whoa! That's awesome. How does the OCD led board brighten it up. I thought you could only control how fast or slow the lights blink or light up.

1 week later
#529 7 years ago

PM won't start. I believe it is the actual start switch, although power is getting to it. It lights up and does the fluttering as always, but just won't start the game which is set on free play. Does anyone have a recommendation or know where I can get a replacement?

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

PM won't start. I believe it is the actual start switch, although power is getting to it. It lights up and does the fluttering as always, but just won't start the game which is set on free play. Does anyone have a recommendation or know where I can get a replacement?

Go in switch test and see if it works there. It is a good idea to make sure all the switches work so you know if you have only one switch or a whole row or column of switches not working.

#531 7 years ago

Cabinet art where the kid's shoes start to fade near the flippers - due to wear of player's hands rubbing in that area - is happening on my PM. Question: I know there are several manufacturers of protectors you can place around the flipper buttons in that area, but I was wondering if any of you have done that and had success with them fitting, and what company you used? thanks.

#532 7 years ago

Does anyone have shop out pics? I wish I had kept my last set. My pm is an early one with stainless rails and legs (sadly have to replace legs as they are all bent, bet someone moved it with them on). Would love to figure out the differences.

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Does anyone have shop out pics? I wish I had kept my last set. My pm is an early one with stainless rails and legs (sadly have to replace legs as they are all bent, bet someone moved it with them on). Would love to figure out the differences.

Not sure if these will help you out, but the pics I took when I shopped mine out are up at https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157658814649479

My shop out thread is also here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-shop-out-started

Chris

#534 7 years ago

Not sure if these will help you out, but the pics I took when I shopped mine out are up at

Those pictures helped me out a lot. (still shopping my PM... after 6 months!)

#535 7 years ago

We're just starting to shop our PM...nice copy with very little wear, play counter says about 2500...
The one weird thing is the floating ball is missing. It looks like it broke off of the support wire.
I've seen a couple other people mention this, but have never found where to buy one. I thought
about trying to spot weld a real pinball to the wire, or drilling a hole and gluing it.
Anyone have one for sale, or have an idea how to make one?

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

We're just starting to shop our PM...nice copy with very little wear, play counter says about 2500...
The one weird thing is the floating ball is missing. It looks like it broke off of the support wire.
I've seen a couple other people mention this, but have never found where to buy one. I thought
about trying to spot weld a real pinball to the wire, or drilling a hole and gluing it.

I got mine from Marco, but I don't see it on their site now.

I can see if I still have my old one. It would be better than nothing if you can't find a replacement. I will check when I get home tonight.

Chris

#537 7 years ago

Not sure if these will help you out, but the pics I took when I shopped mine out are up at https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157658814649479
My shop out thread is also here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-shop-out-started
Chris

That is helpful thanks. For example below the stage there are 3 circles outlined in the artwork. On yours they are just outlines, on mine they have been cut out and plastic covers were inserted into them. I am guessing they were originally intended to have switches on all 4 sides of the stage pop bumper. I will check to see if the wiring is there, but I am doubtful.

I will need to check my pics when I get home, but it also appears that there is a stack of 3 plastics underneath the wireform that might be different. Not artwork wise, but simply how they were thinking of mounting it. Also, all my switches have resistors (not diodes) mounted on them.

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

That is helpful thanks. For example below the stage there are 3 circles outlined in the artwork. On yours they are just outlines, on mine they have been cut out and plastic covers were inserted into them. I am guessing they were originally intended to have switches on all 4 sides of the stage pop bumper. I will check to see if the wiring is there, but I am doubtful.
I will need to check my pics when I get home, but it also appears that there is a stack of 3 plastics underneath the wireform that might be different. Not artwork wise, but simply how they were thinking of mounting it. Also, all my switches have resistors (not diodes) mounted on them.

Interesting.

It may have been a design change at some point. That would be crazy if all 4 sides were kickers.

Would be interested to see the plastics stack too. I love the little differences that happened between runs.

Chris

#539 7 years ago

Interesting.
It may have been a design change at some point. That would be crazy if all 4 sides were kickers.
Would be interested to see the plastics stack too. I love the little differences that happened between runs.
Chris

Not kickers, switches. The kicker hole is elongated. The outline for the holes matches those of the kicker switches. A switch on each side for scoring bounces makes sense.

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Not kickers, switches. The kicker hole is elongated. The outline for the holes matches those of the kicker switches. A switch on each side for scoring bounces makes sense.

Oh, gotcha! That would make sense then.

Chris

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Fresh set of box office doors FS in the market....

I bought these. Thanks for the heads up.

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

DCP - I found my old one. It's not perfect but better than nothing. Let me know if you would like it.

floating ball (resized).JPGfloating ball (resized).JPG

Chris

#543 7 years ago

DCP - I found my old one. It's not perfect but better than nothing. Let me know if you would like it.

Chris

Thanks, Chris...I'll PM you for details.
DCP

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

Thanks, Chris...I'll PM you for details.
DCP

PM received and replied to (multiple times, LOL).

I will get this out to you in a day or two.

Chris

#545 7 years ago

I bought these. Thanks for the heads up.

That's the designer Hanson that you got those from....

#546 7 years ago

Anyone hear of a PM proto? I believe I have one and I"m not certain what to do with it. The sides are a different shade of purple.

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

I have an NOS one sitting here.

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Anyone hear of a PM proto? I believe I have one and I"m not certain what to do with it. The sides are a different shade of purple.

Mine isn't a proto, but its one of the first 20 made so most likely a sample as there are a few small differences. Look at the stage area, do you have black caps covering holes?

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Mine isn't a proto, but its one of the first 20 made so most likely a sample as there are a few small differences. Look at the stage area, do you have black caps covering holes?

I will look. It does have an "Engineering Prototype" sticker on the back. I"ll see if I can dig it out and take a look.

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I will look. It does have an "Engineering Prototype" sticker on the back. I"ll see if I can dig it out and take a look.

That is a good sign. Are the rails and legs stainless or powdercoated black with texture? What are the hinges? Smooth black or textured powdercoat? Also will warn that there are probably differences with the boards. My sound board is pinned differently. I also suspect my interconnect or cpu board is different since all my switches have resistors on them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic-club/page/11?hl=triplecdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.