#1 14 years ago

howdy folks,
looking at a PINBALL MAGIC
he wants $2000
any thoughts?
TIA,
Glenn

#2 14 years ago

I don't own any pinball machines yet myself, but I have been doing a ton of research over the course of about a year.

You probably already know that there were only 1,200 confirmed units produced, hence a very rare machine. I personally would take the Pinball Magic over a Theatre of Magic any day, hands down! I prefer the artwork and playfield of PM to that of TOM.

And for that price, you would NOT get a very good example of TOM. Most likely due to the fact that it's Capcom vs. Bally.

Just my 0.02 cents.

#3 14 years ago

Personally, I would find it hard to take the advice seriously of a fellow who appears to have produce deliberately inserted into his nose.

But perhaps that's just me...

#4 14 years ago

...and then we've got the guy named "plugger" giving that advice. How do we know he didn't put the produce up colb's nose in the first place to plug something up?

#5 14 years ago

It's wine gums up my nose, not produce!!!

Funny how no one else actually gave any feedback to the original post.

I can change the photo if that's going to make my opinion seem somewhat more creditable?

#6 14 years ago

Don't worry about the photo or take offense to the posts about it. We all love to joke around here.

Be who you are and be proud of it. I don't judge a book by it's cover or avatar

The picture you see here I use took me down big time on another more "conservative" site.
It's nice you joined and are posting. I hope you soon own your first machine we can help with it if you have any problems.

#7 14 years ago

gumdrops aside.....would you pull the trigger?
(brokedads is the best!)

#8 14 years ago

I have owned Pinball Magic for over a year. The magic wand and the floating ball assemblies are very impressive. The game feels really fresh and it's a blast to play. The Capcom brand brought a new 'feel' to my collection, next to the Sterns, Data Easts and the Bally/Williams games. The flippers are more snappy and the game feels extremely solid (bomb proof). The rules are pretty good considering the fact that this was Capcoms first game. The only downside (and probably the reason why I sold it) is the repetition factor. It always starts of with the same mode. That and the fact the the cool gimmicks loose their novelty after a while. Recommended to own once - but in a bigger collection. I wouldn't recommended this as your only game.

#9 14 years ago

That's some solid advice, robin.

I'd also be curious to know what others thoughts are on PM that have owned one in the past, or presently own one.

#10 14 years ago

I love the "gimmicks" on machines too and wouldn't not have something like that in my collection. But for a first machine I'd aim for repeat playability over those.

I had a lady friend of my mrs over the other day. She played all my machines and went back to the Phoenix and played it the most. Simple yet fun sometimes beats out all the eye candy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.