6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinballmagazine6.jpg
    pinballmagazine5.jpg
    Pinball_Magazine_1_final_cover.png

#1 6 years ago

Well, the title says it all. While working on Pinball Magazine No. 2, which is nearing the final stages, orders for Issue 1 kept coming in. In fact: we're getting close to the required minimum number of copies to ship. That, plus that some people did order quite a while ago and we don't want to have them 'on hold' much longer, resulted in planning to ship Batch 9 next week. If you haven't ordered your copy yet, you can order it on www.pinball-magazine.com.

For those who have no idea what Pinball Magazine No. 1 is about: it's a 112 page full color printed glossy, with in-depth articles. Issue 1 focusses largely on pinball industry veteran Roger Sharpe, and has also articles on IFPA, Pacific Pinball Museum, Pinside.com, Game Plan collector Jeremy Fleitz and more. The response has been overwhelmingly positive
    Also see:

to get an idea what the magazine looks like.

Pinball_Magazine_1_final_cover.png pinballmagazine5.jpg pinballmagazine6.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Great read, recommend it to every pinhead! Very well done magazine.

#3 6 years ago

Just a quick note to say I enjoyed issue #1. Worth the $20 and looking forward to issue #2.

#4 6 years ago

Still waiting for issue #1. Hopefully it will be in this batch. I'm looking forward to reading this mag.

#5 6 years ago

Didn't even know this was out. Gonna have to order me one before you stop selling them.

#6 6 years ago

Issue 1 was spectacular!! Can't wait for #2!

#7 6 years ago

Loved #1. How many did you end up printing so far?

Looking forward to #2.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Still waiting for issue #1. Hopefully it will be in this batch. I'm looking forward to reading this mag.

I checked the address labels and your copy should indeed be in the batch that ships next week.

Jonathan

#9 6 years ago

Good read. I will get issue 2 also!

#10 6 years ago

Cant wait for issue #2!

#11 6 years ago

Just put in my order for Issue #1 -- looking forward to it!

#12 6 years ago

Thanks for all the positive feedback

Update: Incoming orders will be collected until Tuesday 23rd. Batch 9 will ship Wednesday 24th. Order coming in after that will ship when the first Batch of Issue 2 will ship.

Jonathan
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#13 6 years ago

When is the projected date for issue #2. (be careful here!)

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Have a beer or two-ish with Jack before you answer that!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Well, I hope to send Issue #2 to the printer within 2 weeks. Then it will take about 4 weeks to have them printed and shipped to me. In the mean time pre-sale will start. As soon as the magazines come in I intent to send out the first batch.

I'll probably send out another advertisers email as Issue #2 will count way more pages than Issue #1. With some extra ads I hope to keep the price similar to Issue #1, although more pages = more expensive to print. Current page count is over 160, so the postal costs for Issue #2 will definitely increase as it will weigh more...

Was that careful enough?

#16 6 years ago

Yes! Maybe try not to have the page count go TOO high. Sometimes those very large square bound mags have an issue with staying together. It might be better to just have another issue.

#17 6 years ago

I ordered mine! Have you considered doing an iPhone/iPad Newsstand version?

#18 6 years ago

Just put my order in!

1 week later
    #19 6 years ago

Got my magazine today! Thanks and I look forward to quality shitter reading material.

#20 6 years ago

Got mine yesterday!

1 month later
    #21 6 years ago

I'm gonna revive this thread since we will ship another extra batch of Pinball Magazine No.1 this week, probably Wednesday June 12th. Pinball Magazine No.2 will go to the printer tonight and will start shipping early July. Since there are enough orders to ship another batch of Issue 1 we're shipping these now and not holding on to them for a few more weeks. If you haven't ordered your copy yet, you can order it on http://www.pinball-magazine.com.

For those who have no idea what Pinball Magazine No. 1 is about: it's a 112 page full color printed glossy, with in-depth articles. Issue 1 focusses largely on pinball industry veteran / designer / historian / author Roger Sharpe, and has also articles on IFPA, Pacific Pinball Museum, Pinside.com, Game Plan collector Jeremy Fleitz and more. The response has been overwhelmingly positive See the top of this topic for images and a small video.

Cheers,

Jonathan
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#22 6 years ago

Can we see the TOC for Issue #2 yet?
    ....and when can we order #2? The PayPal still only has #1

#23 6 years ago

I'll start teasing soon enough

#24 6 years ago

Shipment of this weeks batch will be Thursday as I had to order more envelops These will arrive Wednesday afternoon. So there is a little bit of extra time to get on board if you haven't so far.

#25 6 years ago

Gonna place an order when I get home

#26 6 years ago

Envelops are in, shipping Batch 10 tomorrow.

#27 6 years ago

Late to the game, but ordered #1 today!

#28 6 years ago

Just ordered mine, too.

#29 6 years ago

Didn't order mine yesterday like I planned but did it first thing this morning. Hope I got in on time

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvilJack:

Didn't order mine yesterday like I planned but did it first thing this morning. Hope I got in on time

You were in on time. Orders coming in prior to noon (CET) tomorrow can still be shipped right away. So, 14 hours to go.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

You were in on time. Orders coming in prior to noon (CET) tomorrow can still be shipped right away. So, 14 hours to go.

Awesome

#32 6 years ago

Checking out just keeps sending me to paypal/NL which I don't have an account with becasue I'm 'Merican. Whats the simple step I'm missing here?
    Thanks.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Sweet!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Checking out just keeps sending me to paypal/NL which I don't have an account with becasue I'm 'Merican. Whats the simple step I'm missing here?
    Thanks.

Hmm, I thought that problem was solved. PayPal should appear in English, or actually local language. What I'll do for now is send a PayPal invoice to all incomplete orders of the past days. These should appear in English and easily payable. This weekend the webshop will be updated and hopefully this problem will be solved too

Thanks for understanding.

Jonathan
    Pinball Magazine
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Thanks.

Payment received About 8 hours to go...

#36 6 years ago

1 hour to go and orders keep coming in

#37 6 years ago

Guessing my order got through in time as well then
    When can I expect delivery to UK?

#38 6 years ago

3, 2, 1 and all orders coming from now on will be shipped early July with the first shipment of Pinball Magazine No. 2.

#39 6 years ago

Don't even have #1 yet and already looking forward to #2.

#40 6 years ago

Just ordered #1! Looking forward to it in early July!

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

Guessing my order got through in time as well then
    When can I expect delivery to UK?

Yep you made it. I expect delivery in the UK somewhere next week.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside