Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinballmagazine5.jpg
    pinballmagazine6.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Due to popular demand Pinball Magazine is shipping out an extra batch of Issue No.1 on January 8th. If you haven't ordered your copy yet, this is your chance to be in this batch.
    www.pinball-magazine.com

For those wondering about Issue 2: we're working on Issue 2 and 3 simultaneously. This month a lot of interviews for both issues will take place

pinballmagazine6.jpgpinballmagazine6.jpg pinballmagazine5.jpgpinballmagazine5.jpg

#2 11 years ago

On a side note: in the Pinball Magazine Newsletter, which was sent to subscribers yesterday, we asked for suggestions for future articles. Not that we have no clue what to write about, but we're a bit wondering how the balance should be between EM games, '80s games and the more modern pins. Some nice suggestions came in. Perhaps anyone over here has some good ideas too?

#3 11 years ago

For anyone on the fence on buying a copy, I can attest that to call this a "magazine" is almost a disservice, a magazine to me is something you read and discard. This is a keeper that I enjoy over and over. Very well done and it resides next to my pinball books on my bookshelf.

In fact, I had to purchase a second copy at PPE after I inadvertently left the first one in a hotel room and the maid tossed it.

Bring on issues 2 & 3!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

For anyone on the fence on buying a copy, I can attest that to call this a "magazine" is almost a disservice, a magazine to me is something you read and discard. This is a keeper that I enjoy over and over. Very well done and it resides next to my pinball books on my bookshelf.

In fact, I had to purchase a second copy at PPE after I inadvertently left the first one in a hotel room and the maid tossed it.

Bring on issues 2 & 3!

Thanks! Much appreciated

#5 11 years ago

I placed an order for one myself today. Looking forward to getting it!

#6 11 years ago

I picked up mine today from Michael Schiess at Pacific Pinball Museum. OUSTANDING JOB JOOSTEN! Read the Pinball 2000 article first. Hope you'll be able to make a graph like that based on Stern machines. I'll read the rest of the magazine later on in the week.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

I picked up mine today from Michael Schiess at Pacific Pinball Museum. OUSTANDING JOB JOOSTEN! Read the Pinball 2000 article first. Hope you'll be able to make a graph like that based on Stern machines. I'll read the rest of the magazine later on in the week.

Thanks! Roger (Sharpe, the magazine features a 56-page interview with him) appreciated the Pinball 2000 chart as well. Many may not have looked at the games that way and it may put things in new perspective for some. Enjoy the magazine!

#8 11 years ago

There's still about 10 hours be get in the next batch of Pinball Magazine No. 1s shipping out ...
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#9 11 years ago

Anxiously awaiting #2!

#10 11 years ago

I ordered #1 today Groove!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

There's still about 10 hours be get in the next batch of Pinball Magazine No. 1s shipping out ...
    http://www.pinball-magazine.com

Dang I missed out on the new run. Any chance for us stragglers that just now read this post?

#13 11 years ago

I put an order in on Monday evening as well.

#14 11 years ago

I'm trying to order but it will not let me buy now

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Dang I missed out on the new run. Any chance for us stragglers that just now read this post?

How fast can your order? www.pinball-magazine.com

#16 11 years ago

Just got mine through.

Thanks!

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

I'm trying to order but it will not let me buy now

PM sent, to Steve as well.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

PM sent, to Steve as well.

Payment sent. Thanks!!

#19 11 years ago

It came in. Thanks!

For those that are really fast: I can still include you in the batch that already shipped out. It is currently still at DHL offices waiting for transport. As a few more orders came in I am dropping these off in about an half an hour to be send out with the rest. So, if you can hurry, please do. Else you'll be in the February batch.

#20 11 years ago

payment sent
    thanks

1 week later
    #21 11 years ago

Got my mag yesterday and WOW! What an incredible magazine and I can't wait till the next issue. Do you have an ETA for #2?

Loved the article about Pinside BTW. You should do an artice on Podcast that deal with our hobby.

#22 11 years ago

It is an entire bound book of Roger Sharpe - order it right now!

#23 11 years ago

Mine arrived! Still have not opened the envelope but it is a cold, icy rainy (freezing rain) night out. After dinner I will enjoy relaxing with it. Thanks!

#24 11 years ago

Received mine. Very impressed. Great work!

1 week later
    #25 11 years ago

Thanks for the compliments As orders keep coming in there will be another batch shipping out in about 2 weeks. I figure I better announce it a bit early this time as with the previous batch several orders came in last minute, or after the batch already shipped.

As for Issue 2: several people are transcripting the interviews I did so far and the main interview I transcripted myself for about 50%. More interviews are scheduled and it looks like Issue 2 will have a similar or higher page-count as Issue 1. I'm trying to add a few more side articles to create a better balance between the main interview and side articles. I was hoping Issue 2 would be ready by the end of March, but I doubt if that is realistic.

1 week later
    #26 11 years ago

Update: The next batch of Pinball Magazine #1 is scheduled to ship out Friday February 8th. In case of any unforeseen delay it will be Monday February 11th. All orders outside western Europe will be send as priority mail. So, if you're interested and haven't ordered a copy so far, here's your chance to be in Batch 8.

Thanks,

Jonathan
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#27 11 years ago

Due to other obligations I had to reschedule Friday's shipment to monday February 11th. The good news is that this leaves some time for more people to order a copy A newsletter with news about Issue 2 is also in the making...

#28 11 years ago

I got mine a awhile ago, and this thing is MEATY! I'm tempted to order a second one, and just keep in the wrapper forever!

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from sirrob:

I got mine a awhile ago, and this thing is MEATY! I'm tempted to order a second one, and just keep in the wrapper forever!

Thanks Speaking of the wrapper: I had to delay today's shipment as I ran out of them. That actually put a smile on my face I instantly ordered a new box and decided to go for a slightly thicker, shinier plastic foil. They should arrive tomorrow and I plan to ship Batch 8 right after that. Else, due to other obligations, it will be Friday. (so, those who are tempted to order, but forgot about it for some reason, there's about 16 hours left to still be in this shipment... )

Jonathan
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Else, due to other obligations, it will be Friday

Well, Batch 8 will ship Friday as the plastic wrappers were not delivered as expected today. The only 'good' news is that this will allow others to still order a copy and be in this batch, but would have preferred to have shipped last monday.

Jonathan
    www.pinball-magazine.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-shipping-out-extra-batch-of-issue-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.