11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by unigroove
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Here's just a quick note that I put up my first report on the current EAG show in London - UK on www.pinball-magazine.com. The first report covers the first day. Day 2 does not have much news (yet). Day 3 might be more interesting as I will be doing some audio interviews which hopefully will turn out to be interesting.

Cheers,

Jonathan

#2 11 years ago

Thanks Jonathan, I had forgotten this show was going on as we speak.

#3 11 years ago

Any sign of Heighway Pinball on day 2?

#4 11 years ago

nice you have a booth there! Jpop

#5 11 years ago

Thank you Jonathan.

LTG : )

#6 11 years ago

I just put up a small update on the website. Andrew and Dave of Heighway Pinball did show up yesterday afternoon, but left the same night. They did not set up their booth as they figured they better spend the time on working in the game. Andrew felt he would not want to make the wrong impression, so decided not to do anything at the show exept meet with a few people. There should be an event in London next month where the game should be presented.

I did record some interviews today which may end up in Issue 2, or simply on the website. Once they're up i'll post about it here.

Martin Ayub is setting the GC score on Avengers as I type this. I think he was close to 200M points when I left. I better check how far he got in the mean time

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for the report. Disappointing about Heighway. Are the crowds still good at the Stern and JJP booths?

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

nice you have a booth there! Jpop

I did not have a booth there. I registered as a regular visitor, but when the organizer found out I was 'press' I got a free ticket to the openingnight party, including banquet, and free use of internet in the press office. Nice gesture

Day 3 was the least crowded one for the entire show and that was also noticeable on the pinball booths. No cues although the games in both booths got played pretty much the entire day.

Martin did make GC on Avengers with a score of about 220M/230M. Basically he was sequencing various multiballs. He got to the wizard mode, but drained when it just started, I think.

Speaking of Martin: he did put up an update on the progress of Heighway Pinball. See www.pinballnews.com. Too bad they couldn't show it at the show.

A special thanks to Phil Palmer of Pinball Heaven in the UK: he will be advertising in the upcoming issue of Pinball Magazine (which is top priority to finish up, but that will still take some time) and on top of that Issue 2 will carry the UK WoZ flyer as an insert (as long as supply lasts).

I discussed the WoZ LCD animations with artists JP de Win as I was wondering whether the screen would be using more fullscreen animations. The current 4-split screen looks great, but also a bit 'static'. He assured me once more modes will be programmed the screen will be less 'static' and entertaining. A lot of LCD features have not been implemented yet, so we still have a lot to look forward to.

Both the JJP and Stern crews were great to talk to. Gary got a taste of my sense of humor when I asked him if he would mind to pose for a photo next to WoZ He did mind, but understood I was just joking

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-reporting-from-eag-london-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.