Pinball_Posters_Tube_Other_End_2015-11-09.jpg
Pinball_Posters_Tube_Damage_2015-11-09.jpg
Pinball_Posters_Damage_Pic_2_2015-11-09.jpg
Pinball_Posters_Damage_Pic_1_2015-11-09.jpg
IMG_1003.jpg
image.jpeg
pinmag.jpg
20151008_160629.jpg
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

That being said I will try (not saying I will succeed in that) to limit the number of pages to around 200 as that seems a more comprehensible size.

I don't know what it would take to publish more frequently, but maybe that would address both sides... more pages published "per year" than doing 1 super sized issue, but each issue is more digestable.

Quoted from vid1900:

Soon, all those industry veterans will be gone, and you'll wish you had more questions asked of them.

I'm not against recording history... I'm just coming from a perspective that editing is a very useful tool. Especially if you want the wisdom and stories of those veterans read by the most people possible.

The Steve Jobs bio, for example... Jobs had granted 40 interviews with the author. I seriously doubt the content of all those interviews are verbatim in the book, even though SOME people may very well have enjoyed reading the transcription of every tape and he IS gone now. The author ultimately had to make a book most people would enjoy reading.

Just food for thought.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm just coming from a perspective that editing is a very useful tool.

Of course it is.

Those mag stories are edited.

Much longer versions of many of those stories are in the This Old Pinball Podcasts (some over two hours long).

Many of the industry vets in those TOP interviews are now dead, so thank Clay that we have them at all.

-

Everybody is different, but any time I read an article on just about anything, I'm yearning for MORE information about the subject, not less.

#103 8 years ago

It's easy to self edit. I do it all of the time with news articles.

If what I'm reading is of little interest to me, I "fast forward" though the rest.... Other times, I love getting into the minutia of every detail.

As a wise sage once sang, "Too much of everything is just enough".

#104 8 years ago

Got mine today. It was in the second batch shipped. Like everyone else, I am very impressed with the packaging and the size of the publication. Tomorrow I delve into the content.

#105 8 years ago

Thank you. Love the posters too Sp the Centaur poster!

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Pocketchange:

Will you guys let us know when new issues hit via a email once we have ordered from you?

Yes

#107 8 years ago

Well, it looks like the improved packaging is a success. Great Now I'm curious how the content of the magazine is received. Is 260 pages too much, or just more value for your money? Any feedback will be appreciated. Suggestions are welcome too. In the mean time orders for the 3rd batch are collected and November may see 2 batches shipping after all...

#108 8 years ago

Can't wait to get mine!!!

#109 8 years ago

I like the 260 page size but would rather see it published more often, even if that means it has to be a bit smaller.

#110 8 years ago

While my magazine order came through just fine, my posters order had some shipping damage on their 5,500 mile journey. The shipping tube was rock solid but one of the end caps came out and one end got crushed, resulting in some wrinkling on one side of the poster edges. I would suggest some more/stronger tape to hold the ends on maybe? Here's some pics so you can see what I mean. I'm hoping when I frame them it will cover the damaged areas. Looks to be about a quarter inch wide for the most part, but there were nine posters and some are worse than others. For the record the mags and posters are great!

Pinball Posters Tube Damage 2015-11-09.jpgPinball Posters Tube Damage 2015-11-09.jpgPinball Posters Tube Other End 2015-11-09.jpgPinball Posters Tube Other End 2015-11-09.jpgPinball Posters Damage Pic 2 2015-11-09.jpgPinball Posters Damage Pic 2 2015-11-09.jpgPinball Posters Damage Pic 1 2015-11-09.jpgPinball Posters Damage Pic 1 2015-11-09.jpg

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

While my magazine order came through just fine, my posters order had some shipping damage on their 5,500 mile journey.

Sorry to see the posters got damaged due to the tube not holding up. I'll send you new posters in the next batch.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I'll send you new posters in the next batch.

THIS is another great reason to do business with Jonathan/Pinball Magazine. The magazine is always a great read, but the customer service is also top-notch. Look at how my posters arrived a few months ago .... and they were promptly replaced.

PosterCrush.jpgPosterCrush.jpg

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Sorry to see the posters got damaged due to the tube not holding up. I'll send you new posters in the next batch.

That's awesome Jonathan, I really appreciate it! These tubes are built to take abuse, but I guess the postal services like a good challenge.

#114 8 years ago

It took a while but the free online preview of Pinball Magazine No. 3 is now available on Issuu: http://issuu.com/pinballmagazine/docs/pm03_preview34_pages

#115 8 years ago

I really, really want Pinball Magazine to be offered in hardcover. Given the bulk of the publication, quality of the contents and the assertion that "it's more like a book than a magazine", it would be awesome to get them printed in hardcover. Can we make this happen?

Rob
Creditdotpinball.com

#116 8 years ago

The EM KISS pinball machine article was super cool.

I have never played or even seen one of those.

Anybody ever played one?

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I really, really want Pinball Magazine to be offered in hardcover. Given the bulk of the publication, quality of the contents and the assertion that "it's more like a book than a magazine", it would be awesome to get them printed in hardcover. Can we make this happen?
Rob
Creditdotpinball.com

I must admit, I kind of agree. I'd be curious to know the cost difference.

#118 8 years ago

Last night I sent out a newsletter in which I announced this week's shipment, which is the one you want your order to be in if you need it prior to the december holidays. http://www.pinball-magazine.com

A little bit off topic: I also announced the shape and form of the long awaited reprint of Pinball Magazine No.1:
- the original issue will see correction of the typos and punctuation. there will be additional ads included as well. originally i had plans to update all articles in the magazine as well with new info, but as that would not be fair to those who already bought the magazine when it came out I figured the following makes more sense:
- there will also be an additional printed update, which will include updates on all main articles in the magazine. This addendum will be available separately. It will contain the same ads as in the reprint of issue 1, so maximum exposure for these advertisers. The addendum will likely just be a few bucks and a lot less expensive to ship, so affordable for everyone.
While I would have loved to have the reprint available this month (november), it's more realistic to aim for early 2016 as other activities are demanding a lot of my attendion at the moment.

#119 8 years ago

Just make sure you have all 3 available to buy as a package, Jonathan! That's what I'm waiting to do...buy a three-pack when the reprint comes out.

#120 8 years ago

I'll take a reprint of #1 when they are ready. I'm slowly but surely working my way through #3 and there has been so much interesting information it's really unbelievable. Thanks for all the hard work and for putting out a top-notch publication!

#121 8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! No Black Friday sale at Pinball Magazine, but I'll try to add some extra value to the orders that ship in the November batch (which will ship this Monday). So few days left to place your order and I'll try to add something extra to it. www.pinball-magazine.com

#122 8 years ago

I couldn't care less about Kiss, but I'm still enjoying issue #3. Regardless of the topic or cover I consider them all a must buy.

My only complaint: the margins are very small, and it's a bit tricky with the binding to read. The text goes in a little too far too read easily without really folding open the spine hard.

I know the Python stuff is tricky, but however issue #4 comes out I'm buying it.

#123 8 years ago

The November batch of orders shipped last Monday. This batch should arrive prior to the December holidays. Interestingly enough quite some orders came in after this batch shipped. If more orders come in I will consider shipping a second batch that may still arrive in time for the holidays. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#124 8 years ago

Pinball Magazine will ship an extra batch of orders this Thursday! These are still likely to arrive prior to the Xmas holidays, so if Santa wants to surprise someone with a copy of Pinball Magazine No. 2, No. 3 anmd/or Santiago Ciuffo's Pinball book, he still can. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#125 8 years ago

I got comments from multiple people trying to buy a copy online, saying it was not easy to purchase.
these are not pinheads but ordinary people that want to buy a gift for someone.
In europe a creditcard or paypal is not for everybody, maybe add i-deal or banktransfer.
Non pinheads may also want a purchase button on page one, they have no interest in pinball related riff-raff to read through.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from cudabee:

I got comments from multiple people trying to buy a copy online, saying it was not easy to purchase.
these are not pinheads but ordinary people that want to buy a gift for someone.
In europe a creditcard or paypal is not for everybody, maybe add i-deal or banktransfer.
Non pinheads may also want a purchase button on page one, they have no interest in pinball related riff-raff to read through.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Please note that IDeal is only a Dutch platform. Each European country has their own payment platforms. Once a platform integrates them all it will be part of the webshop for sure. For each of those platforms a monthly subscription has to be paid and that's not very cost effective if there's only a few sales going to a certain country.

#127 8 years ago

Three Sides of the Coin, a KISS podcast, discuss Pinball Magazine No. 3 on their 156th episode (04:40 - 11:30). Check out what they think of the magazine: https://www.spreaker.com/user/mbrandvold/156-tales-of-vinnie-vincent-wigs-and-cra

#128 8 years ago

Got my copy a couple of days ago. Everything is top notch. Worth every penny. Love the Bally heyday section. Good stuff.......

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Got my copy a couple of days ago. Everything is top notch. Worth every penny. Love the Bally heyday section. Good stuff.......

Glad you got yours. I ordered mine November 6 and still waiting...............

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from BenHieu:

Glad you got yours. I ordered mine November 6 and still waiting...............

I got mine today!!! Thank YOU!!!! It is better than I imagine. Great read with great pictures.

#131 8 years ago

This may of been asked already, but can we buy a PDF online only copy? That would be a great option for me. Thanks, and I appreciate your work on this project.

-peppers

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from Peppers:

This may of been asked already, but can we buy a PDF online only copy? That would be a great option for me. Thanks, and I appreciate your work on this project.
-peppers

Not at this time. Reason is that someone (not implying you) would then duplicate the file and post it on the internet. Unigrove would not come close to covering his costs to produce the magazine.

Play Meter and RePlay, the two major US coin-op / Amusement trade magazines are the same way. Although one does post all advertiser pages monthly.

#133 8 years ago

Bummer I thought digital rights would be more advanced by now. Thank you for the answer.

#134 8 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday (full set) and I haven't plunged a ball since as the "books" are amazing!
These are a must have for all pinball collectors, so many interesting facts and interviews.
Thanks Jonathan for all your work I'm down for every future issue as they just get better!
Geoff.

#135 8 years ago

I picked up this to go along with my Bally kiss machine. Very excellent articles with some great interviews. Loaded with pictures to go along with the articles. Worth every penny.

#136 8 years ago

Well, I was planning to ship the next batch in week 2 or 3 of 2016, but it looks like there will be another extra batch shipping out right after Christmas Order your copy of Pinball Magazine No. 3 on www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#137 8 years ago

I've got a set from a friend, so I have a complete set of 3 for sale on Ebay. USA only...

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#138 8 years ago

KISS_mockup01_(resized).jpgKISS_mockup01_(resized).jpg
This cool mockup just came in via email Thanks you Santiago, very nice

Pinball Magazine is also shipping an extra batch of orders this week (Wednesday), so if you hurry and order now (prior to Wednesday morning) it will ship this week.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I've got a set from a friend, so I have a complete set of 3 for sale on Ebay. USA only...

Sold!

1 week later
#140 8 years ago

its_a_cookbook.gif_(resized).pngits_a_cookbook.gif_(resized).png

#141 8 years ago

Just received #3, another great job by Jonathan and his team!!!! GREAT magazine done top notch!

A lot of great articles in here and if you're a fan of the Bally artwork, specifically Kevin O'Connor's, then this is a must buy!

2 weeks later
#142 8 years ago

Thanks for the great feedback. See the Pinball Magazine website for more feedback on issue 3 As mentioned above: contrary to popular belief there is A LOT more to this issue than just KISS-themed pinballs. Jim Patla, Kevin O'Connor, Tom Nieman, the list goes on.

A new batch of Pinball Magazine orders (issue 3, issue 2, Santiago Ciuffo's Pinball book and posters) will ship Friday January 29th. Orders that come in prior to midnight today (28th) Pacific time wil;l still be included in this batch. Else it will be next month. www.pinball-magazine.com

PM03-cover-small_(resized).jpgPM03-cover-small_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#143 8 years ago

Pinball Magazine No.3 is featured on www.kissonline.com!
Also: a new batch of orders will be shipping out this week. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

Kiss_online_website_met_pinball_magazine_no3_(resized).jpgKiss_online_website_met_pinball_magazine_no3_(resized).jpg

#144 8 years ago

I wonder how many extra issues you will sell to the Kiss Army?

Many of them have to have EVERY piece of Kiss anything!

#145 8 years ago

Any news of a reprint of the first issue?

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Any news of a reprint of the first issue?

yes, it went to the printer last weekend. Hopefully will have copies available at TPF.

#147 8 years ago

I just ordered issues #2 and #3 as a combo package. What's the rough ETA?

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I just ordered issues #2 and #3 as a combo package. What's the rough ETA?

Pinball Magazine ships its orders in monthly batches to qualify for a more economical postal rate. This month's batch will ship this Friday. From then it can take up to 10 working days depending on your location (the magazines ship from Europe). Hope that answers your question.

2 weeks later
#149 8 years ago

Just got an email that the issue one reprint is in the webstore

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Just got an email that the issue one reprint is in the webstore

Correct!

Earlier today I received the following feedback to Pinball magazine No. 3 that I really would like to share here:
"I wanted to get in touch to let you know that I have received my copy of Pinball Magazine issue 3 and let me say from the outset, WOW, it is superb – from the great (safe) postal packaging, bubble wrap with personal note, to the very thick (plenty of awesome pages) magazine!
I honestly haven't been this excited to receive a magazine since I was a teenager in the 80s! I can't wait to get stuck into reading this issue." - Alex (AusRetrogamer)

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-no-3-is-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.