Pinball_Posters_Tube_Other_End_2015-11-09.jpg
Pinball_Posters_Tube_Damage_2015-11-09.jpg
Pinball_Posters_Damage_Pic_2_2015-11-09.jpg
Pinball_Posters_Damage_Pic_1_2015-11-09.jpg
IMG_1003.jpg
image.jpeg
pinmag.jpg
20151008_160629.jpg

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago

Mine came in the mail today too. Thanks Jonathan!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#52 8 years ago

Yep, mine landed on my doorstep late this afternoon. Why am I online and not reading it?

#53 8 years ago

Mine came in the mail today, here in lonely South Dakota.

#54 8 years ago

I got a big heavy package in the mail today that turned out to be a cookbook for my girlfriend

#55 8 years ago

Just ordered all three

#56 8 years ago

Picked up one at Expo. Huge. I haven't opened it yet. I wanted to do that when I had some time to start reading it.

LTG : )

IMG_1003.jpgIMG_1003.jpg

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I got a big heavy package in the mail today that turned out to be a cookbook for my girlfriend

At least it sounds like you're in for a good meal or two!

#58 8 years ago

Got my copy yesterday! What a fantastic and well put together magazine (book). Great articles, pics, interviews and info. A must have for any pinball geek whether a KISS fan or not. Can't thank you enough Jonathan for all your hard work and dedication. It's awesome!!

#59 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Very happy with the response so far Feel free to comment after reading the magazine as well

As with previous publications I've created a Feedback page on the Pinball Magazine website where a selection of received feedback will be posted: http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=2710

To those who bought a copy from Rob Anthony or me at Pinball Expo (or bought a copy at Play Expo): I'd love to hear feedback from you as well.

As a reminder: A new batch of orders will ship next week, so plenty of time to order your copy if you already haven't done so. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#60 8 years ago

Just got it, the thing is a book!! Great stuff. Saw pics of tbl and a couple others that have some...drama...surrounding them right now...

Interested to read through and getting the scoop. Thanks again.

#61 8 years ago

My copy arrived today, very well-packaged and with no shipping damage. I haven't yet had a chance to fully peruse its contents, but must mention that the glossy cover is a nice touch. Great work!

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from flerp:

very well-packaged and with no shipping damage

Thanks for mentioning that. As I used new packaging (plastic bubbly wrapper + the heaviest cardboardbox I could find) I'm interested in finding out how the orders arrived. Please do let me know. In case of damaged arrivals, please take pics of the packaging before opening and contact me via email. Hope it won't be nescesary

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Thanks for mentioning that. As I used new packaging (plastic bubbly wrapper + the heaviest cardboardbox I could find) I'm interested in finding out how the orders arrived. Please do let me know. In case of damaged arrivals, please take pics of the packaging before opening and contact me via email. Hope it won't be nescesary

Mine was in perfect shape!

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Packaging was stellar. The outer cardboard of mine was punctured/torn. About a quarter/large coin size...but the magazine, with two additional layers on it was unscathed.

#65 8 years ago

Just placed order. Issues 1 and 2 are exceptional, can't wait for 3.

#66 8 years ago

Just got my copy of #3 today - looking forward to some late night reading tonight

#67 8 years ago

Mine arrived in perfect condition

#68 8 years ago

Still waiting for mine to arrive. I hope it comes today.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Still waiting for mine to arrive. I hope it comes today.

I feel your pain. Post just went and no number 3 yet.

#70 8 years ago

Arrived yesterday.. Man that "magazine" is substantial!! Have to order 1 & 2 now..

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Post just went and no number 3 yet.

Please note that so far only the orders that came in prior to October 9th have shipped. Any orders that came in after that will ship next week as this week is just 1 day at the office and last week was Expo week.

#72 8 years ago

Next batch of Pinball Magazine No. 3 (and other Pinball Magazine products) will ship Thursday October 29th. Any orders coming in prior to noon Amsterdam time will ship in this batch. www.pinball-magazine.com

#73 8 years ago

Just got mine today. I hope you didn't have to do the packing for these. WOW! Great job on getting them here safely.

#74 8 years ago

great read. was really looking forward to the interview with john borg, except borgs answers were like some kid forced to sit down and talk. so much non-answers for every question

maybe he is just like that tho, shrug. reading it was frustrating.

#75 8 years ago

Mine arrived safe and sound today.

#76 8 years ago

Thanks! Picked up 3 copies at expo. Have not recovered enough from expo to read through yet! Will post my review when I do.

#77 8 years ago

Our copy arrived this week too

Safely and very quickly to Melbourne, Australia.

Thank you again.

#78 8 years ago

Will order #3 when #1 reprint is ready to save on shipping. Will probably just order all three, since I can't find my copy of #2.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Please note that so far only the orders that came in prior to October 9th have shipped. Any orders that came in after that will ship next week as this week is just 1 day at the office and last week was Expo week.

I ordered mine on the 6th. Must be running late.

#80 8 years ago

Just got mine today.

#81 8 years ago

Just got mine today.

Package: A sopping wet sponge, as it was left in the rain.
Magazine: Bone dry!

Well done sir!

Can't wait to read it.

#82 8 years ago

Mine came in the mail today!
As others have said ,packaged up very well . It would take a lot of abuse to damage it.

Great job Jonathan!

#83 8 years ago

Received mine a couple days ago. Another great issue . This isn't a magazine, its a novel. Well worth the price . I did a mini review on my blog with a couple pics.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/10/23/pinball-magazine-3-has-been-delivered/

#84 8 years ago

Here's a brief reminder that I will be shipping a new batch of Pinball Magazine No. 3 this week. Any orders coming in prior to noon (Amsterdam time) this Wednesday (October 28th) will ship this week. Similar to the previous batch I will include a free PM03 cover poster (which are promotional only and not for sale) with any poster order shipping in this batch. So if you're looking for some gameroom decoration, you may want to check that out as well.

#85 8 years ago

+1 on the great packaging! You found the perfect formula .
Another job well done Jonathan. I have had a chance to read the "magazine" and am amazed at the amount of great material you have produced - again! Top quality as well. Well worth the wait for sure. I especially enjoyed the interviews. Keep it up!

#86 8 years ago

Got it! Great!!...as usual...

#87 8 years ago

Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback In the mean time I shipped a new batch last week including orders until October 30th. October had 2 batches shipping. Hopefully November as well

#88 8 years ago

ordered the set, cheers

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Jack Guarnieri (holding the magazine up after receiving his copy of proof as an advertiser): "If Jersey Jack Pinball would be making a magazine, this is what it would look like."

That was a mean thing for Jack to say..... I loved the last two and just ordered #3.

#90 8 years ago

I received mine today. Amazing quality. Great job on shipping. The extra protection from the perfectly sized cardboard box and then bubble wrap and finally a poly sleeve is top notch. This is the way shipping should always be done.

#91 8 years ago

I received my copy yesterday and it was packed superbly, I just need some time to read it.
Thanks again, cheers Chris

#92 8 years ago

I just got mine today. Love the smell of fresh inks.

I'll be pouring over it this weekend for sure!

#93 8 years ago

Received my set today too! Outstanding packaging. My magazines arrived in pristine condition despite the exterior cardboard box being torn and punctured in a few spots.

Extremely happy with my purchase..

Thanks Jonathan!

#94 8 years ago

Ordered this morning. Looking forward to reading a printed periodical again. Content looks really cool esp w/the old Bally history......

#95 8 years ago

Recieved my order today. What a beautiful job done on the magazine. I don't know if it's fair even to call it a magazine. Very nicely done. Also very well packed for shipping. Will you guys let us know when new issues hit via a email once we have ordered from you?
Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this
Bryan

#96 8 years ago

Got my magazine. As promised it was bigger than ever, but I'm left wondering.... can there be too much of a good thing?

It's almost intimidating to start reading. If this was a video documentary about Kiss pinball, would it be 12 hours long instead of a more enjoyable 90 minutes?

I wonder about the Python issue(s) that is coming, with the 50 hours of interviews... wouldn't it be prudent to cut and cut some more, edit it to something that more people might actually read than a big tomb that goes onto book shelves? I'd much rather collect the "cream" at the top of the interview, the best parts, and cut the rest.

I'd be curious if other people feel the same way, or if I'm out to lunch on this.

Either way I'll be a buyer and supporter, but those are my thoughts.

#97 8 years ago

Ordered mine on the 6th and have still not received it. Hopefully comes this week!

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Ordered mine on the 6th ...

email sent to the email address you used when ordering.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's almost intimidating to start reading. If this was a video documentary about Kiss pinball, would it be 12 hours long instead of a more enjoyable 90 minutes?

I can understand where this comment is coming from. However, not the entire magazine is about KISS pinball machines. Personally I do think that the content in there is content people would like to read about. As it is chopped up in chapters you don't have to read it all in one go. The Bally Kiss game is more part of the stories on Jim Patla, Kevin O'Connor and Tom Nieman, which I think breaks it up nicely as well and each have their own story to tell.

With the Python issue it may be a different story and although that will be cut up into chapers as well, each game it's own chapter, I do realize the risk of overkill. Thankfully I have copy editors who can look at the copy with fresh eyes and I know they will indicate when something is going on too long. That being said I will try (not saying I will succeed in that) to limit the number of pages to around 200 as that seems a more comprehandable size.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm left wondering.... can there be too much of a good thing?

No, you can never have too much history.

Soon, all those industry veterans will be gone, and you'll wish you had more questions asked of them.

The mag is broken up into many small chapters. You can read some short ones while you take a dump, or some longer ones while your wife looks for the correct shoes to match her earrings.

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-no-3-is-here/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.