Pinball_Posters_Tube_Other_End_2015-11-09.jpg
Pinball_Posters_Tube_Damage_2015-11-09.jpg
Pinball_Posters_Damage_Pic_2_2015-11-09.jpg
Pinball_Posters_Damage_Pic_1_2015-11-09.jpg
IMG_1003.jpg
image.jpeg
pinmag.jpg
20151008_160629.jpg
There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

Pinball Magazine No. 3 is finally here: 260(!) full color glossy pages packed with interviews with the people that make pinball happen.

Issue 3 has a few Special, which are sort of interwined. There's several stories on KISS themed pinball machines and other KISS pinball related rarities, but there's also a lot more: pinball designer Jim Patla's career at Bally is discussed, as well as Kevin O 'Connor's and Tom Nieman's years at Bally. Jody dankberg and John Borg discuss the new KISS game from Stern.

When it comes to non-KISS related content: Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies talks about his pinball passion, Jack Guarnieri discusses current development on Hobbit and WoZ, there's several restoration features, interviews with Pinball Creative from the UK (EM restoration), Pinball Dreams from Germany (custom games and mods), Pavlov Pinball editor Paul Rubens, a whole section of four articles on French PCB manufacturers, Freddy's Pinball Paradise and much much more.

Pinball Magazine No. 3 contents:

- 260 glossy full color pages (it’s more like a book...)
- Almost everything there is to know about KISS-themed pinball machines (total KISS-related content is about 88 pages)
- Former pinball designer Jim Patla discusses his entire career at Bally Pinball, including lots of new details on his 1979 KISS pinball design as well as other games
- Former Bally Marketing and Licensing Director Tom Nieman talks about his years at Bally, inventing the licensing model, lots of details on Bally’s KISS marketing campaigns and much more
- Pinball artist Kevin O’Connor discusses his years and games at Bally, including the artwork he did for KISS and lots more. This article features unique sketches and artwork!
- Stern’s Director of Marketing and Licencing Jody Dankberg discusses their current KISS game
- Stern Pinball designer John Borg discusses his new KISS design
- 9-page pinball review of Stern’s KISS by Pinball News
- 2 Bally KISS restoration features
- Very rare Gene Simmons painting from 1982 by a well-known pinball artist
- Barenaked Ladies leadsinger Ed Robertson talks about his pinball passion
- The French Connection: four articles on French manufacturers of replacement printed circuit boards that will enhance your game
- Showtime: Festi’Flip, Europe’s biggest pinball show
- Museum: Freddy’s Pinball Paradise, location to play and game distributor
- Plus articles on Jersey Jack Pinball (USA), Project Pinball Charity (USA), Pinball Creative (U.K.), Pinball Dreams (Germany), Pavlov Pinball (U.K.), Who’s Working On What?, Show Diary,and lots more

Pinball Magazine No. 3 can be ordered in the Pinball Magazine webshop: www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

The magazine will also be available in limited quantity at Pinball Expo
IMG_5627.JPGIMG_5627.JPG
IMG_5629.JPGIMG_5629.JPG
IMG_5630.JPGIMG_5630.JPG
IMG_5631.JPGIMG_5631.JPG
IMG_5633.JPGIMG_5633.JPG
IMG_5634.JPGIMG_5634.JPG
IMG_5635.JPGIMG_5635.JPG
IMG_5636.JPGIMG_5636.JPG

#2 8 years ago

some more pics
IMG_5637.JPGIMG_5637.JPG
IMG_5638.JPGIMG_5638.JPG
IMG_5639.JPGIMG_5639.JPG
IMG_5640.JPGIMG_5640.JPG
IMG_5641.JPGIMG_5641.JPG
IMG_5642.JPGIMG_5642.JPG
IMG_5643.JPGIMG_5643.JPG
IMG_5644.JPGIMG_5644.JPG

#3 8 years ago

Can't wait to get my hands in a printed copy! Good work, Jonathan!

#4 8 years ago

Have absolutely no interest in Kiss whatsoever. This is still a must buy!

#5 8 years ago

Tried to place my order....but it won't add it to my cart....

#6 8 years ago

Looks awesome! payment sent.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Tried to place my order....but it won't add it to my cart....

Worked for me after changing currency to USD.

#8 8 years ago

aaahhhh....

Thank you.

Works for me now.

#9 8 years ago

Order sent in! Can't wait to read it, awesome job as always!

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Have absolutely no interest in Kiss whatsoever.

For the non-KISS fans: technically the magazine doesn't report on KISS, but on KISS-themed pinball machines, their designs, artwork and such. It's definitley not about KISS or KISS' music. I'm not a KSS fan in any way (before the Stern KISS game came out I maybe was familiar with 5 songs by KISS tops).

In total about 1/3 of the magazine can be counted as KISS pinball related, the other 2/3 (178 pages) is not related to KISS pinball at all. That's almost the size of Pinball Magazine No. 2.

#11 8 years ago

Just ordered my copy, looking forward to another issue arriving.

#12 8 years ago

First batch of orders will ship this week, second batch hopefully the week after Pinball Expo.

Here's a pic I took yesterday at the 20th anniversary of the German Kiss fanclub.
IMG_5616 edit.jpgIMG_5616 edit.jpg
Special thanks to Kirsten Adam who is taking care of sales in Germany

#13 8 years ago

I was gonna wait and see if I could pick one up at Expo, but didn't want to chance it, ordered!

#15 8 years ago

Ordered one also.

#16 8 years ago

Are you going to offer a combo price on issue #3 and Santiago Ciuffo's book?

I remember you did that for issue #2...

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, these are already up in the webshop

#18 8 years ago

Ordered! Thanks for being awesome!

#19 8 years ago

Ordered the #2 and #3 combo. Any word on when/if issue #1 will be reprinted?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I ordered issue 2, 3, and the book for the combo price of "save on shipping"! When shipping is $20 that's a huge savings!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Ordered the #2 and #3 combo. Any word on when/if issue #1 will be reprinted?

Yes, I'm already working on that. The updated reprint of issue 1 should be available in November.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Yes, I'm already working on that. The updated reprint of issue 1 should be available in November.

Sweet, thanks for the reply.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Yes, these are already up in the webshop

Great, order placed! Thanks for the combo offer.

#24 8 years ago

Just placed my order . I will have all 3 of them now. Keep up the great work Jonathan!

#25 8 years ago

Took advantage of the combo order #2 & 3

#26 8 years ago

Thanks for all the support. All orders that came in so far (and continue to come in) will ship this week, most likely on Thursday.

#27 8 years ago

Ordered #3 as I have #2 and book already. Waiting for issue #1 re-print. Great magazine, thank you for your work

#28 8 years ago

My article/interview looks great!!!

Thank you!

#29 8 years ago

Ordered! Not even a second thought given. I wrote the review on pinballarcadefans for the awesome Pinball book and will continue to support your efforts. Thank you JJ for your hard work. I love the Pinball Magazine!

#30 8 years ago

So I'm preparing all the packaging and stuff to ship out the first batch this week (friday). As people are ordering posters from the webshop too: I have some promotional posters of the cover of Pinball Magazine No. 3. These are not for sale, but I will include one with each order for posters (one per tube) just as a nice gesture

#31 8 years ago

The first part of the batch that ships tomorrow was delivered to Deutsche Post today. Part 2 will follow tomorrow. Orders that come in today will still ship in this batch. Please note that each magazine will ship in a plastic bubbly air cushened envelope that goes into an extra strong cardboard box which is made to fit.

For those attending Play Expo in Manchester, U.K. this weekend: Paul Garner will have a limited supply of copies of Pinball Magazine No. 3 available at his booth. Besides being slightly cheaper due to less shipping costs, for each copy sold a few pounds will be donated to charity.
20151008_160629.jpg20151008_160629.jpg

#32 8 years ago

The first batch of Pinball Magazine No. 3 shipped out today. Thanks to everyone who already ordered a copy just based on Pinball Magazine's reputation and a few photos of the new issue. Hope the new issue will meet your expectations Looking forward to see how the new issue will be received

The next batch is scheduled to ship the last week of October. All orders coming in will be collected to ship in that batch. If you can't wait that long, try to get a copy at Pinball Expo next week, Play Expo (UK) this weekend, or Festi'Flip (France) the weekend of October 24/25.

#33 8 years ago

Will you have copies of #3 at Expo? How about 1 and 2?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Will you have copies of #3 at Expo? How about 1 and 2?

I will have a limited supply of Pinball Magazine No. 3 at Expo. Issue 1 is currently sold out and will be reprinted in November. I am not planning on bringing copies of Pinball Magazine No. 2 as I'm flying in and already maxing out on my luggage weight. However, Rob Anthony will also have copies of both Pinball Magazine No. 3, No. 2 and Santiago Ciuffo's Pinball Book at his stand, so you may want to go see him.

#36 8 years ago

I placed my order this afternoon. Just in time to miss the first shipment.

#37 8 years ago

The available copies at Play Expo in Manchester (U.K.) of PM03 all sold out and resulted in a charity donation of 111 GBPounds. Many thanks to Paul Garner for taking care of the sales at this event. Can't wait to see how the magazine will do at Pinball Expo

#38 8 years ago

For those that made the initial shipment in the US, when should we expect delivery? Thanks

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

For those that made the initial shipment in the US, when should we expect delivery? Thanks

My safest guess would be next week (after expo). If you're lucky sooner

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

Took advantage of the combo order #2 & 3

I Just did the same.

Looking forward to placing an order for the updated issue #1 reprint in November.

#41 8 years ago

A very limited supply of Pinball Magazine No. 3 will be available at Pinball Life's Open House Explosion this Friday

#42 8 years ago

Will you have any posters available at Expo? Centaur and Xenon? Plan to get #2 and #3 from Rob Thursday.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Will you have any posters available at Expo? Centaur and Xenon? Plan to get #2 and #3 from Rob Thursday.

Sorry, I didn't bring any posters this year, except for promotional posters of the cover of PM03.

#44 8 years ago

Wednesdaynight at Expo Pinball Magzine No. 3 sold like hot cakes Great to see so many readers who show their appreciation for the magazine

#45 8 years ago

I got my copy last night and have not put it down. Everyone please support this effort and buy a copy! It's very worth it.

#46 8 years ago

looks like I will be out of stock at Expo today, which is a luxury problem I guess...

Received lots of great feedback
Jack Guarnieri (holding the magazine up after receiving his copy of proof as an advertiser): "If Jersey Jack Pinball would be making a magazine, this is what it would look like."

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Jack Guarnieri (holdng the magazine up after receiving his copy of proof as an advertiser): "If Jersey Jack Pinball would be making a magazine, this is what it would look like."

========================================================

^ Insert obligatory 4 years between issues joke here.

#48 8 years ago

Box of great stuff arrived today!

Ciuffo book & supplement, cool Postcard and Pinball Mag #3.

Amazing quality all the way around, thanks again!

pinmag.jpgpinmag.jpg

#49 8 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Damnitt Vid! You got yours already!?

#50 8 years ago

I bought one on Thur, and was a bit surprised to see there is a picture of me in it. Yikes!

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-no-3-is-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.