• Latest reply 9 years ago by Fulltilt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
#1 9 years ago

Last night I talked to John Trudeau, designer of Stern's WrestleMania game. This resulted in a new free downloadable Pinball Magazine special:
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.pngPinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
Lots of new details about the game and upcoming LE version!
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=2440
Big thanks to John Trudeau for his kind collaboration!

Enjoy!

#2 9 years ago

link?

Edit- thanks for adding that.

#4 9 years ago

You need to enter your email to get it though, which is really lame.

#5 9 years ago

If I have to submit my email, it isn't free..

#6 9 years ago

Perfect a designer that I am not crazy about , a game with a theme that makes me wrench and a magazine I won't read . Trifecta!

#7 9 years ago

Nice interview. Thanks for posting it so quickly. It's cool to have so much actual designer info to debunk a bunch of the speculation going on.

My takeaway is that the game sounds like it will be pretty engaging and unique. I just hope they kill the power on those slammers in the ring at a certain point, or that will really make the game drag. He mentioned they're still undecided on how to handle that, so hopefully they take the "less is more" route.

LE will feature Hulk, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant and the Undertaker, plus the 4 guys from the Pro.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks. It is good to get real info rather than just speculation.

Trudeau is surprisingly open about his concerns about the new system.

#9 9 years ago

Great article! Lots of fun info that clears up a few things. This one keeps looking better and better. Now if we could just see the darn LE art! Knowing Vince is on the front of the cab is already a bit of a bummer, but I'm hoping for old school announcer Vince, LOL!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I just hope they kill the power on those slammers in the ring at a certain point, or that will really make the game drag. He mentioned they're still undecided on how to handle that, so hopefully they take the "less is more" route.

Actually I got the impression that John was talking about what to do with the slammers once you completed all the target sequences. You can still beat the ball around in the ring, but for minimal points. So they may decide to cut power on them so the ball will drain from the ring area.

#11 9 years ago

Can someone who has already submitted e mail address please cut and paste the article for those of us who get enough spam e mail as it is...thanks

#12 9 years ago

jonathan, when are you planning on releasing another tangible issue? is the recent online stuff going to be collated into that?

#13 9 years ago

Jonathan, I tried to get the pdf but nothing showed up. Tried twice. Never been a problem before.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Can someone who has already submitted e mail address please cut and paste the article for those of us who get enough spam e mail as it is...thanks

Come on, Jonathan invests a lot of time writing these articles. Is it too much to ask to submit your e-mail address in exchange for something you get to read for free? Okay, so he might send you an occasional e-mail about a new issue of Pinball Magazine (I think) but I would hardly call that spam?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Okay, so he might send you an occasional e-mail about a new issue of Pinball Magazine (I think) but I would hardly call that spam?

Only if you check the box.

So...no worries. Just get it legit...you'll be fine.

Pete

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Jonathan, I tried to get the pdf but nothing showed up. Tried twice. Never been a problem before.

Ditto... Waited a while, still no email. Worked fine last time around (the Christmas issue).

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Come on, Jonathan invests a lot of time writing these articles. Is it too much to ask to submit your e-mail address in exchange for something you get to read for free? Okay, so he might send you an occasional e-mail about a new issue of Pinball Magazine (I think) but I would hardly call that spam?

Seriously, so much bitching about someone who took the time to go and get the direct answers that you didn't have before. Then he formatted it and put together a nice package, and offered it for free. Yes, he wants to promote his book, and probably hopes you'll buy Pinball Magazine Issue 3. Okay.

I'm sure as hell buying Issue 3, 1 and 2 were great!

I don't mind negative thoughts towards situations that deserve it, I get the anger at Stern for example. They earned it frankly. But I'm not sure what Pinball Magazine has done except create cool content for people. Why so hostile?

#18 9 years ago

He seems to have changed his toon but totally teed me off when he started and had a very anti stern stance. Of course now it works to his benefit. I just don't support things with my dollars that are not on the same page. But enjoy.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

No disrespect intended and my apologies to the OP...I am not familiar with his site or screen name...my comments more reflect the fact that most unknown sites that ask for e mail addresses do so only to sell them to advertisers.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I submitted my email months ago to get a free article, the only email I have ever gotten as a result was links to more free articles about pinball. These guys make a pinball magazine, an actual physical printed magazine with color pictures and great articles about the hobby. I don't know if you've noticed but print is dead and expensive. I'm more than happy for them to send me a free article now and then in hopes that I subscribe.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Same here.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

No disrespect intended and my apologies to the OP...

Ah, okay! Well rest assured, Jonathan is not a spammer.

Quoted from andre060:

Ditto... Waited a while, still no email.

Here too. Not getting an e-mail. Not in my spam box either.

#24 9 years ago

For what it's worth the email came right away for me, and I read the whole article no problem.

#25 9 years ago

I can download part one, no luck getting part two.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For what it's worth the email came right away for me, and I read the whole article no problem.

Same here.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I can download part one, no luck getting part two.

same here. Tried two different email addresses and no dice! Really enjoyed part one of the article and looking forward to part two. Thanks for providing these free of charge for the community.

#28 9 years ago

I never got a link in my email either. Checked spam.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

jonathan, when are you planning on releasing another tangible issue? is the recent online stuff going to be collated into that?

The recently published interviews were all part of interviews I did for Pinball Magazine No.3. In that Issue I plan to only use specific discussed topics that tie-in with the cover story. The remaining parts I used for these free special Issues. I'm not planning to include that content in Pinball Magazine No.3. It may be used in some other future Issue but there are no plans for that at the moment.

#30 9 years ago

For those having problems receiving the email with download link: send me an email at: editor @ pinball-magazine . com (remove the spaces) and I'll send you the PDF via regular email. Not sure why it doesn't work sometimes. Maybe too many people were trying at the same time?

For those having concers about leaving an email address: as Robin correctly mentioned these will only be used for occasional newsletters to inform you about an upcoming new printed Issue or new free content like the JT interview (which reminds me that I have to send out a newsletter ).

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I never got a link in my email either. Checked spam.

You missed the fine print*

*must colorize Shadow for ColorDMD before download link will be sent

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You missed the fine print*
*must colorize Shadow for ColorDMD before download link will be sent

Send me a Shadow and I will get to work on it

#33 9 years ago

EXCELLENT article Jonathon! Thanks mate.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

For those having problems receiving the email with download link: send me an email at: editor @ pinball-magazine . com (remove the spaces) and I'll send you the PDF via regular email. Not sure why it doesn't work sometimes. Maybe too many people were trying at the same time?.

Thanks for helping out. I'm thinking it may be something more than over crowding though. I've not been able to get an email sent for several of your free download offerings. I've tried for a couple weeks and get no return emails.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-new-john-trudeau-interview-on-wrestemania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.