New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 164947)

Pinball Magazine No. 4 is here! + feedback

By unigroove

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 242 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PM04-cover-small3 (resized).jpeg
43edf87bb4747d619790d7ce010183d3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1091 (resized).JPG
IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
Pinball Magazine George Gomez interview (Christmas 2016 special) cover (resized).png
Charlie Martin with Pinball Magazine No. 4 (resized).jpg
PM04 batch2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0197 (resized).JPG
IMG_0752 (resized).JPG
IMG_0753 (resized).JPG
IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
PM04 batch1 in progress (resized).jpg
Mark Ritchie postcard set (photos taken by Santiago Ciuffo at Museum of Pinball, Banning California) (resized).jpg
Pinball Magazine No. 4 is here (resized).jpg
Indiana Jones (Photo by Santiago Ciuffo 2016) (resized).jpg
PM04 cover final (resized).jpg

There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 3 years ago

Still waiting on mine

#152 3 years ago

Looks like they're hitting the East coast....C'mon west coast!

#153 3 years ago

I sent my copy to myself just so I could experience opening it again.

Happy New Year, Jon...thanks for everything you do for the hobby, and it was so great to meet you in Texas this year and have my wife act like a jackass while she tried to relieve you of all your prizes.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Anyone in California getting theirs?

Yes, I got mine a few days ago.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Happy New Year, Jon...thanks for everything you do for the hobby, and it was so great to meet you in Texas this year and have my wife act like a jackass while she tried to relieve you of all your prizes.

Thanks The quiz at TPF was fun. Hoping to be at TPF again in 2017. With a new quiz, but in an improved setting

#156 3 years ago

Phenomenal magazine!!! I can barely put them down.

May I recommend an interview with HEP (Christopher Hutchins) on restoration in the future? Some photos of his shop would be great.

#157 3 years ago

Mine showed up yesterday.

#158 3 years ago

What is the time table on the next installement?

#159 3 years ago

Hi all,

I don't know if any others are still awaiting delivery from the first shipment, but I ordered 11/15 and am still waiting for my issue in Texas.

The slow delivery is most definitely out of Jonathan's hands, and I am just providing status

Looking forward to the latest issue!

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidListener:

I don't know if any others are still awaiting delivery from the first shipment, but I ordered 11/15 and am still waiting for my issue in Texas.

I ordered on 11/10 and received shipment last Thursday I believe. So my guess is you are on next batch out of you do not receive it tomorrow.

#161 3 years ago

Anybody who ordered prior to November 29 is in the first batch that shipped out. When I announced the magazine it had just been sent to the printer. Once the magazines were delivered the first batch shipped out a few days after that. Aside for sundays I received notifications every other day last week of people who were still waiting for their order to arrive that it finally came in. I hope (and expect) the remaining copies will be delivered this week

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Anybody who ordered prior to November 29 is in the first batch that shipped out. When I announced the magazine it had just been sent to the printer. Once the magazines were delivered the first batch shipped out a few days after that. Aside for sundays I received notifications every other day last week of people who were still waiting for their order to arrive that it finally came in. I hope (and expect) the remaining copies will be delivered this week

I ordered mine Nov 16 and received it Dec 30. I have to say well done once again on an amazing issue! Also props on packaging! The post tried to destroy mine, but it survived even with crumpled ends and a gouge.

#163 3 years ago

No magazine in today's mail (Nov 25 order).

#164 3 years ago

HOORAY! Just pulled it out of the mailbox...... Headed to the beach for a few hours of reading!

Once again...well done!

#165 3 years ago

Mine finally came in today's mail... looks like it went through the war to get here.
Opened it up to find a perfectly undamaged magazine.
Awesome packaging job Jonathan!

#166 3 years ago

I ordered one in December, which I'm presuming is the second batch. Have those been sent out yet? I just put a deposit down on a TBL so I'm very keen on reading the interview about the game and Dutch Pinball!

#167 3 years ago

Ok, I have a good feeling that today is the day mine will show up! Yes sir, feeling it today! *fingers crossed*

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Ok, I have a good feeling that today is the day mine will show up! Yes sir, feeling it today! *fingers crossed*

I'll cross mine too

#169 3 years ago

I have to say the lengthy interview with Mark Ritchie may be the best pinball related discussion I have read. Lots of info, and it Jonathan really did his homework before doing the interview--MR was surprised by some of the questions. Nice work!

#170 3 years ago

Sometime between Tuesday and today my issue from the 1st batch arrived at the post office.

Thank you publishing such a great magazine, Jonathan, and the postcards are very cool

#171 3 years ago

Got mine today! The packing is fantastic! Perfect condition! Thanks!

IMG_1091 (resized).JPG

#172 3 years ago

Man, mine must be on the southern slow boat.

#174 3 years ago

Hard to believe the postal clowns could figure out a way to ruin something that was packed to withstand their clumsiness. Guess Jonathan should have also water proofed it...

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Hard to believe the postal clowns could figure out a way to ruin something that was packed to withstand their clumsiness.

Already looking into this...

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Man, mine must be on the southern slow boat.

I was beginning to feel the same but mine finally showed up today! Looking forward to digging in.

#177 3 years ago

Checked my mailbox today but no Pinball Magazine today! It's going to be a long wait till Monday now!

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Already looking into this...

You packed the hell out of this. Unreal that the postal goofs figured out how to ruin it, anyway.

#179 3 years ago

I got mine today at last! Wonderfully packed.

#180 3 years ago

I blame the storm for ruining my dreams of a weekend of reading the latest issue. Then it did not arrive yesterday and I blame the mailman who is obviously reading it first!

#181 3 years ago

Well I have to assume at this point if I was in the first batch and haven't received it by now, its not coming.

#182 3 years ago

I'm still waiting.. they must have ours on a steam ship over the Atlantic.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Well I have to assume at this point if I was in the first batch and haven't received it by now, its not coming.

I was feeling the same way and then just got confirmation an order from the first batch showed up. So there's still hope I'll be contacting you later this week.

#184 3 years ago

Still waiting here too, from the first batch :/

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I was feeling the same way and then just got confirmation an order from the first batch showed up. So there's still hope I'll be contacting you later this week.

That's amazing. Hope still lives.

#186 3 years ago

Mine arrived (undamaged, yay!) before the holidays...haven't got around to reading it yet.

#187 3 years ago

First batch , starting to think it's not going to show up. Wtf ... I know it's not your fault Jonathan .

#188 3 years ago

My brother lives in LA and just received his (first batch). Hold fast!

#189 3 years ago

Just got confirmation of 2 November placed orders arriving today, which I'm happy about but I can't get my head around why it is taking so long...

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Just got confirmation of two November placed orders arriving today, which I'm happy about but I can't get my head around why it is taking so long...

#191 3 years ago

So there is still hope for mine showing up then (East coast). Bought November 23rd. Fingers crossed, hoping for tomorrow.

#192 3 years ago

Mine showed up today perfectly packed. Patience pays off!

#193 3 years ago

Actually quite a few deliveries from the first batch today Patience does pay off

There is some news to report as well: The Pinball Magazine webshop has been updated with the current postal rates. I also got an offer from the postal company for Track and Trace shipping, which turns oput to be more expensive when ordering single issues, but cheaper when the weight gets closer to 10 lbs. I'm considering to add this as an option for certain territories, so customers can choose during checkout which shipping method they prefer.

As a heads up: I will be shipping a new batch of orders Monday January 23rd. Any orders that come in prior to that will ship in that batch. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#194 3 years ago

Mine came in today! Packed very well and arrived in perfect condition.

#195 3 years ago

For those who have been waiting to order until a package deal became available that includes issue 4: I've implemented a new weightbased postal module in the Pinball magazine webshop. Package deals are currently not listed as such. Instead, when ordering either multiple copies of the same magazine, or copies of various issues, the module automatically calculates the applicable postal rate, including the discount. So you still save on shipping when ordering multiple products, but it's not being shouted from the rooftops www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#196 3 years ago

Excellent content Jonathan. I was wondering how a soft cover magazine/book would look after traveling all the way from Europe to California but Issue #4 arrived in perfect condition on Friday. Bring on the Python issue..

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Excellent content Jonathan. I was wondering how a soft cover magazine/book would look after traveling all the way from Europe to California but Issue #4 arrived in perfect condition on Friday. Bring on the Python issue..

Glad it arrived in perfect condition, especially after taking way too long to arrive. Python is likely to become issue 6...

#198 3 years ago

It would be cool to offer a virtual option while your physical hard copy ships as a "while you wait" kind of thing. Yes, piracy comes to mind, but somebody could just as easily scan their magazine into any scanner and get a good image.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

. Python is likely to become issue 6...

I just finished issued No. 1 (I know, I know, took me long enough, but now I've ready three of the four).

The quality of these magazines is great. I'd like to see you do another story on Pinside in issue number 5 as the 267 simultaneous log on record you noted back in 2012 gets smoked every day now!

#200 3 years ago

More orders from the first batch keep arriving
Got the following feedback today, which I thought is worth sharing:
"An absolutely fantastic article on Mark Richie, sir. The entire magazine is great, but the Richie article is just spot on. Thanks again for your exceptional work." - Brian

New batch of orders will ship early next week. For all (ordering) info please visit www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside