You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PM04-cover-small3 (resized).jpeg
43edf87bb4747d619790d7ce010183d3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1091 (resized).JPG
IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
Pinball Magazine George Gomez interview (Christmas 2016 special) cover (resized).png
Charlie Martin with Pinball Magazine No. 4 (resized).jpg
PM04 batch2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0197 (resized).JPG
IMG_0752 (resized).JPG
IMG_0753 (resized).JPG
IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
PM04 batch1 in progress (resized).jpg
Mark Ritchie postcard set (photos taken by Santiago Ciuffo at Museum of Pinball, Banning California) (resized).jpg
Pinball Magazine No. 4 is here (resized).jpg
Indiana Jones (Photo by Santiago Ciuffo 2016) (resized).jpg
PM04 cover final (resized).jpg
There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 7 years ago

Magazine number 4 ordered and paid for.

Thanks!

Mike.

#52 7 years ago

Here's one of the photos that Santiago Ciuffo took of Mark Ritchie's game designs. As mentioned above a set of 5 postcards will come free of charge with the orders of those who order early. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/ The contest is also still running . . .

Indiana Jones (Photo by Santiago Ciuffo 2016) (resized).jpgIndiana Jones (Photo by Santiago Ciuffo 2016) (resized).jpg

#53 7 years ago

Just got confirmation that the printed magazines are printed and will be delivered to my office by the end of this week Plan is to package all incoming orders during the weekend ans ship the first batch of orders next Monday.

#54 7 years ago

jonathan,
are you using sturdier cardboard boxes to ship orders with multiple copies so that magazines arrive unscathed? I would hate to receive mine with destroyed spines

#55 7 years ago

Ugh. I am a terrible guesser

Jonathan, since you stated that entries can be changed based on new hints and info, my new Mark Ritchie game guesses are:

Big Guns
Indiana Jones
Road Kings
Sorcerer
Taxi

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

jonathan,
are you using sturdier cardboard boxes to ship orders with multiple copies so that magazines arrive unscathed? I would hate to receive mine with destroyed spines

Hi JM,
Since PM03 Ive been using improved cardboard packaging. In addition each magazine is also packed in a bubbly envelop inside the cardboard packaging. As far as I understood that improved the condition of the product when arrived a lot. See the feedback on PM03 on the Pinball Magazine website as well.

#57 7 years ago

Pinball Magazine No. 4 is here! 244 pages of in-depth pinball articles! First batch of orders will ship right after the weekend, including the limited edition set of free postcards. For all (ordering) info visit: www.pinball-magazine.com/shop Pinball

Pinball Magazine No. 4 is here (resized).jpgPinball Magazine No. 4 is here (resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago

As I just sent out a newsletter with an image of the postcard set I'm closing the competition as it would be too easy to enter now. The games featured on the postcards are Taxi, Diner, Sorcerer, Police Force and Big Guns.

Mark Ritchie postcard set (photos taken by Santiago Ciuffo at Museum of Pinball, Banning California) (resized).jpgMark Ritchie postcard set (photos taken by Santiago Ciuffo at Museum of Pinball, Banning California) (resized).jpg

#59 7 years ago

I think that most that anyone got correct was 3 (at least that's what I can see from this thread

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think that most that anyone got correct was 3 (at least that's what I can see from this thread

That's what I noted as well.

#61 7 years ago

Been busy packing magazine orders all day First few copies have been shipped to several Dutch parties like Dutch Pinball, Jean-Paul de Win and Pinside HQ. The big main first batch will ship early next week.

#62 7 years ago

Pinball animation artist Jean-Paul de Win (WoZ, Hobbit, TBL and more) was the first to receive a copy of Pinball Magazine No. 4. JP posted a short video of his article on his Facebookpage: https://www.facebook.com/jpdewin

Also an important note: due to popular demand the Limited Edition set of Mark Ritchie postcards that comes free with every order of Pinball Magazine No. 4 will only be included on orders that come in prior to Monday November 28 2016. So only the very first batch will have these postcards included. You can still be in it, but after that the postcards are no longer available.

#63 7 years ago

So there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that packaging all orders of Pinball Magazine No. 4 is taking a lot longer than I anticipated, meaning an extra day of packing orders. The good news is that this allows those who didn't order yet still can make it into the first batch and receive the limited edition set of free postcards that will only be included in the first batch that ships

On the pic below the hardly exciting view of the first boxes with orders waiting for pickup. IN the mean time the number of boxes has grown to 20 and we're still not done.

PM04 batch1 in progress (resized).jpgPM04 batch1 in progress (resized).jpg

#64 7 years ago

I,m in on the first order. I will be watching the mailbox everyday till it shows up.
I consider this a early Christmas gift to myself.

#65 7 years ago

First batch is almost ready to go and will be picked up tomorrow For those who missed this topic completely: I may be able to squeeze in a few more packages, so order now and you may still be in the first batch! www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#66 7 years ago

First batch of orders just shipped out. Happy to see it's the biggest batch I ve ever shipped Thanks for the confidence in the product

#67 7 years ago

First ordes have arrived in Germany and Netherlands First feedback is also in: "the new pinball magazin arrived today - i was really looking forward to it and its a great magazine :-) the weekend entertainment is safe ;-) thank you very much for doing this. you can see that youre in it with your heart." - Jan (Germany)

If enough orders come in to justify another shipment I will ship out such a batch this week. The magazine may still arrive prior to Christmas. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#68 7 years ago

Just finished refunding the overpaid postal costs to those who ordered a Pinball Magazine No. 4 and one or more other magazine/book related products that shipped in the first batch. Will keep doing this for future batches until a new shipping module is implemented on the website that should make it easier for me to add products and package deals.

#69 7 years ago

Some of the feedback that came in so far:

“If this issue is anything like it's predecessor's, it's a must have for any enthusiast! So far the other issues have been far better than any softcover book... they're huge like a full color catalog AND chocked FULL of information and photos which have far outweighed the advertising!!!” – Twin Cities Pinball Enthusiasts

“Ordered! Thanks again for an excellent mag ” – Tony C.

“If you've ever enjoyed Fish Tales, Diner, Indiana Jones, Taxi, Big Guns, Police Force, Kingpin or all of Mark Ritchie (pinball designer)'s pins then PinballMagazine ISSUE 4 is a lock! Just look away when the exchange rate on the Euro pops up & hit 'CONFIRM ORDER'!” - Rod

“Received the magazine this afternoon, including the set of postcards. Quickly leafed through: I will enjoy reading this a lot!” – Jeroen

“Very good first impression of Pinball Magazine No. 4. Like it more than issue 3, which I was also very impressed with.” - Richard

#70 7 years ago

Nice package in the mailbox today, so the next few evenings are planned out
Thanks jonathan for the sturdy packaging and if course the awesome magazine, looking forward to dive in!

PS: back of the postcards says something about a second book, that would be too awesome, never heard about that

IMG_0754 (resized).JPGIMG_0754 (resized).JPG

IMG_0753 (resized).JPGIMG_0753 (resized).JPG

IMG_0752 (resized).JPGIMG_0752 (resized).JPG

#71 7 years ago

Order placed, please save me some postcards

#72 7 years ago

Just received my copy along with episode 1, thank Jonathan for the great packaging, items all arrived in mint condition. Looking forward to reading these over the next few days/weeks

IMG_0197 (resized).JPGIMG_0197 (resized).JPG

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

Just received my copy along with episode 1, thank Jonathan for the great packaging, items all arrived in mint condition. Looking forward to reading these over the next few days/weeks

Thanks for the feedback

The second batch of orders of Pinball Magazine No. 4 (and other orders) will ship Friday December 9th, 2016. Orders coming in prior to midnight December 8th will still ship in this batch. There's a few sets of postcards left, so I will include a set while supplies last. First come, first serve. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#74 7 years ago

More feedback:
"It's great!" - Mark Ritchie

"Bonjour Jonathan, I received your magazine yesterday. I spent at least 15 minutes just to browse it, looking at the titles and pictures.
it's just AWESOME and the postcards are a nice add-on, especially during this upcoming Xmas period. Hence the reason why I did not ask if you were doing fine, because I had no doubt about it " - Pascal Janin, FLIPPP

"When I heard the drop of the package being delivered I figured it would be something special. Outstanding job on both the magazine and the packaging." - Gary

"Thank you for a great pinball magazine/book. Well worth the wait. Thank you so much." - Andy

"I just received Pinball Magazine No. 4, thank you very much! Thanks for putting so much energy and dedication into Pinball Magazine which is always a pleasure to read." - Kaspar

"Just got the copy in todays post. Well, I'm very impressed such a lovely publication and so nicely packaged - you should be very pleased of your work. i might have to purchase the previous editions now!" - Bob, Pinballtoys.co.uk

#75 7 years ago

Tomorrow's batch of orders is ready to ship. I'm leaving 1 box open for additional orders that may come in later today.

#76 7 years ago

The second batch just shipped out

PM04 batch2 (resized).jpgPM04 batch2 (resized).jpg

#77 7 years ago

Waiting for mine... waiting... waiting. This is a good thing, though.

#78 7 years ago

Got mine last night. I forgot how thick these issues are. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks.

#79 7 years ago

So the second batch shipped out earlier today, but if orders keep coming in at the current pace I may ship another batch after the weekend www.pinball-magazine.com

#80 7 years ago

A small batch of orders is likely to ship the coming week. Not sure whether they will arrive in time for Christmas, but at least you'll still be enjoying the 2016 postal rates. Trust me that many won't like the 2017 postal rates that were offered to me earlier this week by Deutsche Post. Still trying to negotiate a better postal rate, but currently USA orders are likely to see a postal cost increase of about $2 per magazine as of January 1st 2017 . . .

#81 7 years ago

Pinball Magazine will ship another (small) batch of orders tomorrow. Orders that come in up to midnight (Central Pacific Time) are likely to ship in this batch. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#82 7 years ago

The smaller 3rd batch just shipped All new incoming orders will ship in Batch 4. As I'm facing increased postal rates in 2017 (about $2 up for a single magazine), this 4th batch will still ship in 2016. So here's you're chance to still order at the 2016 postal rates: www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#83 7 years ago

Oh lordy, I ordered in the first batch and am checking the mail everyday like a kid on Christmas morning! My poor mailman is getting tired of me meeting him at the mailbox asking about it, lol.

#84 7 years ago

I think I was in the first batch, any US buyers get theirs yet?

#85 7 years ago

I got confirmation that packages came in in Australia yesterday. USA orders should be delivered any day now. I guess December is a busy month for the postal services. Let me know when your order arrives.

#86 7 years ago

I just placed my order. Can't wait!

Thanks again for the awesome magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, is the Python issue going to come out soon? I am really looking forward to buying that one.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

BTW, is the Python issue going to come out soon? I am really looking forward to buying that one.

Python is currently scheduled to be issue 6. What I'm working on to be issue 5 (if it doesn't end up in a different form) is focusing on Wayne Neyens, the oldest still living pinball designer with 180 games on his resume. I figured that issue should be out while Wayne is still amongst us.

#88 7 years ago

Ok. Thanks for the Python update.

Just glad to hear that you are still working on it.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I think I was in the first batch, any US buyers get theirs yet?

I believe I'm in the first batch too ... Still waiting ...
unigroove , looking foward to the Python issue.

#90 7 years ago

I definitely ordered in the first batch after unigroove/Jonathan posted availability of PM #4. Sure it will be here soon. Such a great magazine for the pinball community! Hope to be a early Christmas gift!!

#91 7 years ago

First copies have surfaced in USA
Some feedback that just came in:

"@PinballMagazine Your magazine is a work of art married to a plethora of useful and interesting information- great job! #TakingItHomeToRead" - Jack Guarnieri (JJP)

"The magazine came in today's mail Jonathan... looks great and can't wait to read all about Taro! Thanks for being a force for good in pinball. Hope to see you in Texas sir! Take some time off over the holidays and play some pinball." - Charlie Emery (Spooky Pinball)

"my magazine arrived in perfect condition." - Marc

"Pinball Magazine No. 4 is here! Thanks and congratuuulationssssssss for this wonderful "Book" nr. 4! BIG ))) Highest Quality I love it!" - Guenter (Pindigi)

"Just got the magazine. Interview and pics are great! Thanks Jonathan..." - Nicolas

Charlie Martin with Pinball Magazine No. 4 (resized).jpgCharlie Martin with Pinball Magazine No. 4 (resized).jpg

#92 7 years ago

My copy arrived today and will be top of my list after work tonight! Great looking issue and excited to read t\it cover to cover! Thanks Jonathon for the great work and dedication!

#93 7 years ago

Got mine today !
Love it ! Such a top notch quality product. Well done Jonathan.

#94 7 years ago

Fishbeadtwo, you odb! I'm still waiting.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Ok. Thanks for the Python update.
Just glad to hear that you are still working on it.

Me too...give it to us uncensored. I know you've expressed reservations, but I'd like to hear what's on his mind.

#96 7 years ago

Mine arrived today. Another very impressive THUD landing on the table.

I'm still of the opinion I'd like to see more frequent publishing with less page count. Ie: twice as frequent, half the size. Would make them easier to digest as well.

Same goes for the much talked about Python issue. Edit that down to a normal size issue. Give us the cream, don't need everything. I know others disagree with me and want 400 page issues and wait 2 years for it, but I'd rather see them published more frequently.

#97 7 years ago

I agree about the Python issue--just give us whatever you deem to be print-worthy in one normal issue. Maybe float what won't fit with a download link.

#98 7 years ago

If it seems a bit quiet on Pinside, that's probably because many are enjoying reading Pinball Magazine No. 4 As is has 244 pages, this may take a while

#99 7 years ago

Got mine a couple days ago, Jonathon. All I can say is, HOLY SHIT!!!!

I don't know why you don't put a hard cover on it and call it a book. Seriously.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Got mine a couple days ago, Jonathon. All I can say is, HOLY SHIT!!!!
I don't know why you don't put a hard cover on it and call it a book. Seriously.

Thanks Bryan The answer to your question is very simple: Adding a hardcover will cost more, so make the magazine more expensive, and it will also be heavier, which results in higher postal costs. When I did Santiago Ciuffo's PINBALL book it became clear that the more expensive the publication, the less copies will be sold. Maybe it would make more sense to produce special hardcovers where the magazine can be placed in and make these available for those interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 169.00
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,419.00
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-is-now-taking-ads-for-issue-4/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.