Topic Stats

• 242 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PM04-cover-small3 (resized).jpeg
43edf87bb4747d619790d7ce010183d3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1091 (resized).JPG
IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
Pinball Magazine George Gomez interview (Christmas 2016 special) cover (resized).png
Charlie Martin with Pinball Magazine No. 4 (resized).jpg
PM04 batch2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0197 (resized).JPG
IMG_0752 (resized).JPG
IMG_0753 (resized).JPG
IMG_0754 (resized).JPG
PM04 batch1 in progress (resized).jpg
Mark Ritchie postcard set (photos taken by Santiago Ciuffo at Museum of Pinball, Banning California) (resized).jpg
Pinball Magazine No. 4 is here (resized).jpg
Indiana Jones (Photo by Santiago Ciuffo 2016) (resized).jpg
PM04 cover final (resized).jpg

There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 2 years ago

Pinball Magazine is now taking ads for Pinball Magazine No. 4. If you're offering a pinball related products, service, show, location of something else and didn't get an email notifiation from us about advertising in issue 4, you may not be on my list or the email bounced. Please send me a private message so I can direct you to the details on Early Bird rates and such.

Cheers,

Jonathan
www.pinball-magazine.com

#2 2 years ago

Here's a tip for those interested in advertising, but not capable of making a proper advertisement: On fiverr.com it should be real easy to find someone who can make you an ad for just $5. Look in the Advertising or Graphics & Design section.

#3 2 years ago

Update: back cover and inside covers are all spoken for

1 week later
#4 2 years ago

reminder bump Early bird ad rates for Pinball Magazine No. 4 expire August 21st.

2 weeks later
#5 2 years ago

Just as a quick reminder: early bird ad rates for Pinball Magazine No. 4 expire today.

1 week later
#6 2 years ago

As I listed some of the articles that will be in Pinball Magazine in Pinball Magazine's monthly newsletter, I figured I would list them here as well:

- A cover story about the career of pinball designer Mark Ritchie (Taxi, Fish Tales, Indiana Jones and more)
- Interview with Barry Driessen and Jaap Nauta of Dutch Pinball about the making of The Big Lebowski.
- Interview with Jean-Paul de Win, who is Jersey Jack Pinball’s LCD animator, but also involved in the artwork and animations of The Big Lebowski, as well as the art direction of Silver Castle’s Timeshock and several other projects that all will be discussed.
- An interview with Jay Stafford, the man behind the Internet Pinball Database.
- Showtime: Interview with the organizing team of Texas Pinball Festival
- Interview with Jeff Frick about restoring and displaying pre-war games
- Interview with the Vetcor Committee of the Dallas Makerspace, where restoring pinball machines is spreading like a virus

More articles are still in the works. Pinball Magazine No. 4 should be available at Pinball Expo 2016 and available in the Pinball Magazine webshop the third week of October.

3 weeks later
#7 2 years ago

Looks like another strong set of interviews. Looking forward to getting it when it is released!

#8 2 years ago

As announced in the Pinball Magazine September 2016 recap newsletter earlier today:

While there will be promotional brochures for Pinball Magazine No. 4, the magazine itself will not be available in printed form at the event. Due to all the recent developments and expected reveals at Expo I decided to go to print right after Expo in order to be able to include the latest news in the magazine. The alternative would have been having printed magazines at the show and have the news section be outdated right away. By going to print after Expo the magazine didn’t have to be rushed, which improved he quality of the layout a lot.

I will be at Expo, carrying a printed preview of issue 4 during Pinball Expo, so those who would like to see what the magazine will look like are welcome to take a look. Here’s what you can expect in Pinball Magazine No. 4:

Huge in-depth, career covering cover story on Mark Ritchie
+ lots of others talking about working with Mark Ritchie
17-page article on the making of Dutch Pinball’s The Big Lebowski
15-page interview with LCD artist Jean-Paul de Win
12-page article on Texas Pinball Festival
12-page interview with Jay Stafford on the Internet Pinball Database
4-page interview with Jeff Frick on collecting prewar games
7-page article on Dallas Makerspace’ VECTOR Comittee
6-page article on Lone Star Pinball Museum
8-page interview with Binge Trigger artist Lippy
6-page article on Pinball Universe (Germany)
and more . . . (over 180 pages in total)

Pinball Magazine No. 4 will be available early November 2016 in the Pinball Magazine webshop.
www.pinball-magazine.com

1 month later
#9 2 years ago

Soft launch: Pinball Magazine No. 4 can now be ordered from the Pinball Magazine webshop. Package deals with other products will follow in about 2 weeks. As mentioned in a different post below: as a temporary solution for not having package deals available that include PM04, when ordering combinations of magazine/book products the difference will be refunded once the package deals are added to the webshop.
PM04 cover final (resized).jpg
Pinball Magazine No. 4 contents:

- 200+ glossy full color pages (it’s more like a book...)

- Special: pinball designer Mark Ritchie discusses his entire career at Williams Pinball, Capcom and beyond, in a 100+ page article including game designs such as Thunderball, Firepower II, Sorcerer, Big Guns, Taxi, Fish Tales, Indiana Jones, Kingpin and more. Contribution by others about Mark Ritchie include Eugene Jarvis, George Petro, Steve Ritchie, Chris Granner and others, all revealing great insights in working with Mark Ritchie.

- Dutch Pinball owners Barry Driessen and Jaap Nauta discuss the making of The Big Lebowski in a 17-page interview.

- Pinball animation artist Jean-Paul de Win discusses his work for Jersey Jack Pinball (The Hobbit, Dialed In!), Dutch Pinball (The Big Lebowski), Silver Castle Pinball (Timeshock) and more.

- Showtime: Ed vanderVeen discusses the very successful Texas Pinball Festival.

- Dan Ferguson discusses the Lone Star Pinball Museum in Hockley, Texas.

- Jeff Frick discusses collecting prewar pinball machines.

- A triple interview on Dallas makerspace's VECTOR Committee where some great pinball restorations take place.

- Essential Website: the Internet Pinball Database, interview with manager Jay Stafford

- Store: Pinball Universe's new approach to bringing pinball to the people

- Artist Lippy discusses the first issue of Binge Trigger

- and much more

With the page-count being similar to Pinball magazine No. 3, issue 4 is priced at the same price as issue 3: 17,50 euro + shipping costs.

For more (ordering) info please visit www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

Please note that the magazine is currently being printed and the first orders will be mailed out once the magazine is in stock, which should be the last week of November 2016.

#10 2 years ago

Completely forgot to do the contest for guessing the total amount of pages

#11 2 years ago

#12 2 years ago

Shipping is a real drag--anyway to get that cost down?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Shipping is a real drag--anyway to get that cost down?

It's a heavy magazine. Shipping is the same as with issue 3 as the weight is the same. I'm afraid shipping will even go up in January as the postal company's new rates will then apply. To answer you question: the best way to get the shipping costs down is to order multiple copies, like with several people in your pinball league, and have them shipped to one address.

#14 2 years ago

212 of course

#15 2 years ago
#16 2 years ago

#18 2 years ago

#19 2 years ago

Hopefully the Pinball #4 and the Pinball Book combo will be up soon, save on that shipping!

#20 2 years ago

#21 2 years ago

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Hopefully the Pinball #4 and the Pinball Book combo will be up soon, save on that shipping!

As a temporary solution you can order the book and PM04, or any other package deal or combination, and once I calculated the actual package deals including PM04 I will refund the difference. Did that previously with overpaid postal costs, so that's an easy fix for now.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

As a temporary solution you can order the book and PM04, or any other package deal or combination, and once I calculated the actual package deals including PM04 I will refund the difference. Did that previously with overpaid postal costs, so that's an easy fix for now.

Well then! I will put in the order when I get home. As for my guess... 292 pages of full color glorious pinball information!

#24 2 years ago

288 pages

#25 2 years ago

Thinking of maybe adding a little something special for those who order(ed) early. Just not sure about what that would tie in nicely with the content of the upcoming issue, but i'll come up with something...

#26 2 years ago

Thank you for posting to announce the availability of Issue #4, Jonathan.

More importantly, thank you for all the time and work you put into consistently publishing such a high quality magazine (book)!

I placed an order today and I am looking forward to another round of interesting articles/interviews.

#27 2 years ago

244 pages. I can't possibly mention that this is already given away somewhere on the PM site

#28 2 years ago

Copy has been ordered. Thanks for making this magazine possible.

#29 2 years ago

A few people experienced a problem in the webshop where the Add to cart button doesn't seem to work. This can be solved by changing the currency from Euro to Dollar and back, or try again with a new browser window. www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#30 2 years ago

Just ordered..... Loved the first three!

#32 2 years ago

Any chance of offering a digital version of the magazine?

#33 2 years ago

Just ordered. Could I have mine signed, please? You did it for me once before.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Any chance of offering a digital version of the magazine?

I have to look into that. Or publishing some articles digitally. Suggestions for platforms are welcome.

#35 2 years ago

In order to show my appreciation to the early supporters who already ordered a copy of Pinball Magazine No. 4, and those who are about to, I thought of something extra to include when shipping the magazine.

Since the cover story in Pinball Magazine No. 4 is about Mark Ritchie's career in pinball, I asked Argentinean photographer Santiago Ciuffo (known for his coffee table photo book PINBALL, also available in the Pinball Magazine webshop) to take some photos of Mark Ritchie games.

From those we selected 5 that will be printed as a limited set of postcards and included for free with the orders that already came in and new orders as well while supplies last.

So if you haven't ordered your copy of Pinball Magazine No. 4, don't wait too long as you may miss out on this limited set of cards.
www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

Also, since I forgot to do the "guess the number of pages contest", here's a new contest to win a free copy of PM04 (or your money refunded if you already ordered):
The set of postcards is based on 5 different games designed by Mark Ritchie. The question to answer is: which five games?

The rules:
1 entry per person,
reply in this topic,
list only 5 games,
you're allowed to modify your answer based on hints and new info,
the contest ends once the magazines + postcards have been shipped.

5 winners will be picked from those who get all 5 games correct. Good luck!

#36 2 years ago

I asked via your web contact form a few days ago but haven't got a response.

How much is the shipping for ten copies to USA Texas 78641? I'm trying to do a group buy for our league.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I asked via your web contact form a few days ago but haven't got a response.
How much is the shipping for ten copies to USA Texas 78641? I'm trying to do a group buy for our league.

Didn't see that, sending an email is more effecitive I'll be happy to get a quote for you next week. Can you send me an email so I can reply to you directly? editor@ ....

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

The rules:
1 entry per person,
reply in this topic,
list only 5 games,
the contest ends once the magazines + postcards have been shipped.

Fish Tales
Firepower 2
Indiana Jones
Diner
Taxi

#40 2 years ago

Hi Jonathan.

Thank you in advance for the postcards on the early order. The Santiago Ciuffo book has so many outstanding photos, and these postcards are certain to be just as nice.

Mark Ritchie game guesses:

Big Guns
Riverboat Gambler
Road Kings
Sorcerer
Taxi

#41 2 years ago

Placed my order already, have also ordered back issue of PM 1
My random guesses are
Thunder ball
Taxi
Indiana Jones
Fish Tales
Big Guns

Keep up the great work and many thanks for the free mini download interviews
Cheers Chris

#42 2 years ago

Just to clarify: the postcards are not mentioned in the webshop and don't need to be added to your order. They will be added while supplies last.

Jonathan
www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#44 2 years ago

Here's a hint, based on some of the answers above: Riverboat Gambler is not a Mark Ritchie design. Mark sang on that game, but he was not involved in the design of the playfield. As such the game does not count as a Mark Ritchie design and is not part of the postcard set.

I added to the rules that entries are allowed to be changed based on new hints and info.

#46 2 years ago

Fish Tales
Sorcerer
Indiana Jones
Diner
Taxi

Looking forward!
Cheers

#47 2 years ago

Fish Tales
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Diner
Firepower II
Kingpin

Thanks!

#48 2 years ago

Thanks for the clarification/additional information on Riverboat Gambler, Jonathan.

My revised Mark Ritchie game guesses are:

Big Guns
Firepower II (replaced Riverboat Gambler)
Road Kings
Sorcerer
Taxi

#49 2 years ago

here are my guesses:
taxi
sorcerer
diner
kingpin
indiana jones: the pinball adventures

#50 2 years ago

More hints will follow this week. In the mean time keep those entries coming in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside