(Topic ID: 195338)

Pinball Madness Oct 20-22 in Banning CA.

By girloveswaffles

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2516 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2522 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20171016-084557_1508168898776 (resized).jpg
    DLuxD_gVoAIKfil (resized).jpg
    IMG_7525 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7521 (resized).JPG
    slider_4_grande (resized).jpg
    Arcade Expo 4 logo (resized).jpg
    Pinballmadness logo 2017 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0786 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Bing Maps - Directions, trip planning, traffic cameras & more.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

Also, we are always looking for volunteers to not only help repair/maintain games but help is needed in cleaning/moving games, prepping for event, donations etc.
    If you want more info on helping out please feel free to pm me ...

#13 6 years ago

There are camping sites/hook ups on the property. From what I understand they will be available for the event, I will get confirmation and clarify...

#27 6 years ago

I got confirmation this morning that there will NOT be camping sites available for this event...

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

[personal opinions]
    the arcades room is pretty amazing. lotsa vintage. doubt gamers will be disappointed. the arcades and pins are in separate wings of the same building, a very short 20 yard walk apart. lotsa pins, ~400. difficult to maintain those numbers. many of the machines, when acquired, needed work. despite best efforts, many machines still need help to play properly. expect some number of machines to be down. fewer machines are down with each new expo. the EMs and some ss played real floaty , [could be different this time around, but check out the Mata Hari]. action on a number of ss will disappoint. if you think you are going to relive your pinball youth, as I was, you will be disappointed. the action and playability of games, especially 1977-1985, and even later, may be nothing like they were back in their day. the volunteer tech help is great, but can only do so much with what they are given to work with. the majority will not be close to HUO condition. the lighting along one row, in particular, reflects dead center and low off the playfield glass. VERY unbearable, and sadly, a lot of nice titles [find the TOM]. visit the pinballmadness.com site, its the right row in the picture. Newer titles [in the collection] are there, just don't expect multiples of a single title, as you might find in a 'private parties bring the games' type expo. The very newest releases you may not even see in the collection, like DI, AS, SW, or Alien, even though the show is still 2 months away. Remember, it's a 'museum'. last march, a distributor had about 8 NIB sterns [AS, MET, BM66, WNBJM]. if more than one SW or an AS are going to be there this october, a distributor will likely need to set up again.
    historians will find a number from the 'rarest pin you have ever played' thread. very cool.
    best way to get a idea of what to expect is to view any of the youtube walk throughs of past arcade expos - last one being 3.0.
    not trying to discourage anyone from attending - depends on what you are looking for. worth a trip, at least once, to evaluate for yourself and determine if worthy of a return engagement. i should be there all weekend [$95 for all three days - 31 hours]. the arcades are a nice plus for me. if the campground is open, i believe it was something like $35 a night.

Those are some spot on observations of some of the issues that we are up against. You are close by, any interest on helping out? You could meet us at my place and carpool, we are heading out next Sunday for tech day. Hell I will even swing by in the morning and pick you up if needed..
    I bet you and I could level the entire row(s) of eatly SS games in one day making them much less floaty and better playing.

We could use help from anybody who is interested...

1 week later
    #47 6 years ago

The scheduling conflict is being addressed....not only is it tough for attendees to choose but also challenging for the vendors as well.....hopefully it will be worked out.
    We had about 20 volunteers yesterday, thanks to those who helped out, still a lot to do if you can pitch in...

1 month later
    #85 6 years ago

Air quality was great yesterday, it would be a shame to miss it if you didnt have too...
    I took this photo at about noon yesterday just above the pinball museum...in fact you could see the museum from where I was standing, air quality was not a problem...

Screenshot_20171016-084557_1508168898776 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20171016-084557_1508168898776 (resized).jpg

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Love the gen 5 Camaro Convt! Is that a ZL1?

Sadly, no...just an SS

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

There's at least one Stern Electronics pin that'll get some attention (and it's not the Catacombs).

From what I understand, there is a Pinball Magic in the lot
    ...but its a basket case

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Like that would stop you... It couldn't be any worse that Fishtales.

True...
    But FT parts are easier to source...

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Cabinet is pretty much destroyed.

Luckily I know a guy who is in the process of building a cab or two...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-madness-oct-20-22-in-banning-ca?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.