Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7F404126-F2B1-4D15-B46B-08D33AD527A2 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Classic Stern Nine Ball Bank Shot (resized).png
    Frontier Bank Shot (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

One of the simplest things one can think of (other than making a straight shot) is banking a ball to make a shot (like off a rail in pool). In Twilight Zone, there is the upper right flipper shot to bank into piano but this was not really designed into the game.

Are there any pinball machines where a shot was designed to be made only by a bank shot? Other games (like TZ above) where bank shots are useful?

#2 6 years ago

Nine Ball!!!

#3 6 years ago

Tron Gem shot

#4 6 years ago

Black Rose: "Shiver Me Timbers" three bank ricochet

#5 6 years ago

Walking Dead. Bank off side of well walker to the shot next to the barn.

#6 6 years ago

TFTC crypt shot comes to mind. Although I'm not sure it was intentional.

#7 6 years ago

Black Rose, Nine Ball, and Breakshot intentional.

#8 6 years ago

It's not strictly to make the shot, but I often use the bank to knock down a couple of
    the Aces on Joker Poker. Also to pick the 7 - 10 on Gottlieb Strikes & Spares..

#9 6 years ago

World Poker Tour is full of bank shots. You can easily bank all 3 drop Target banks in one shot.

#10 6 years ago

Game of Thrones LE off left target bank to light lock.
    Do it all the time on that one

#11 6 years ago

Funhouse: Banking off left hand side of the game to hit the superdog targets.

A gazillion electromechanical games.

#12 6 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard, has it and even knows if you make the shot.
    DE Star Wars, with the three drop targets off the right flipper and then the ball heading up the ramp all in the same shot.
    Mata Hari, shooting the left drop targets and the ball bounces to the right side to take out another target or two.
    Banzai Run, right flipper to hit the left side round targets and either hitting the captive ball or the spinner to go up top.
    Fast Draw, very similar to Mata Hari.
    Orbitor one, left flipper through the spinner and into the blue target bank at the top of the playfield.

There's plenty of others but these come to mind first.

John

#13 6 years ago

Another one for Funhouse: Banking off the superdog targets into the wind tunnel.

And from the right flipper you can bank off the post between the steps ramp and wind tunnel into the hidden passageway.

#14 6 years ago

I always shoot a bank shot to hit the lock target in spiderman. Shoot green goblin from the right flipper into the lock target is a lot safer than a straight shot at the standup

#15 6 years ago

Sorcerer - bank shot off of "O" standup then up the ramp. Thumbs up if you can get the "R" target too. Major props if you can do this from the left flipper.

#16 6 years ago

Funny, but the are no planned bank shots on "Bank Shot".

#17 6 years ago

Dracula asylum shot, there is no direct shot, it's only made by banking.

#18 6 years ago

IM off IRON targets into Whiplash.

#19 6 years ago

WH20 off the hotfoot targets, into the left orbit, rolls back into the secret passage.

#20 6 years ago

Quicksilver....4 bank drop to spinner.......pure money!

#21 6 years ago

AFM: Banking shots off the MARTIAN targets to score a hit on the forcefield/saucer. Less likely to cause a drain than shooting it directly, which I tend to avoid if I don't have a multiball going and at least one ball trapped up or bouncing around in the jets.

#22 6 years ago

Not part of the design necessarily, but on TOM, after locking ball #2, I like to hit the captive ball to advance the clock on the right side so it banks onto the trunk for lock #3 and multi ball.

#23 6 years ago

Whitewater. Bank off one of the green targets to light the lock and into No Way Out to lock the ball.

#24 6 years ago

Dialed In - Sim Card shot

#25 6 years ago

Indiana jones bank off right targets into lock, aka the “you cheat dr. jones” shot

7F404126-F2B1-4D15-B46B-08D33AD527A2 (resized).jpeg7F404126-F2B1-4D15-B46B-08D33AD527A2 (resized).jpeg

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Quicksilver....4 bank drop to spinner.......pure money!

Seawitch has a similiar satisfaction shot of banking off the 4 center drops and into the orbit from the upper right flipper.

#27 6 years ago

Defender...shoot left drop/stand ups for the right lock.

#28 6 years ago

Frontier and Nine Ball (previously mentioned).

Frontier Bank Shot (resized).pngFrontier Bank Shot (resized).png

Classic Stern Nine Ball Bank Shot (resized).pngClassic Stern Nine Ball Bank Shot (resized).png

#29 6 years ago

Centigrade 37. Right flipper bank off the completed drop target area to the double advance stand up and target reset.

#30 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies
    Pics appreciated!

Here is the TZ shot I mentioned in opening post

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Centigrade 37. Right flipper bank off the completed drop target area to the double advance stand up and target reset.

Prefer bank because it's less risky? And which standup do you prefer to hit this way?

#32 6 years ago

Yep, Cue Ball Wizard - it even awards you for a "clean" bank shot!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-with-bank-shots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.