Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Stones
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sgtmax:

Don't trade it for store credit sell it on Craigslist or something you would probably get more for it..

This. You'll rarely get from Gamestop or another retailer anything close to what you could get just selling it on Craigslist or even eBay (which makes sense -- they need to resell your stuff to someone else at a profit and have serious overhead to cover). Of course you'll have the hassle of coordinating with a buyer, and will face competition from the 1000s of other people trying to sell their XBox 360 and PS3 setups to upgrade to the new consoles. But you should come out with a bit more money (and in cash, not store credit) this way.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from ad356:

consoles have nearly ruined PC gaming. allot of developers dont want to bother with the PC anymore. personally if i was to play video games i much prefer the PC. however since i got into having my own pinball machines i really dont do too much with video games.... i do say the PC was always the best way to go... today they have the graphics muscle but the titles arent there like they used to be. consoles have destroyed the arcades, pinball, and weakend PC gaming. truthfully i dont really care for them

I'd largely blame piracy for ruining PC gaming. Once consoles were powerful enough to play the bigger-budget type games that used to run only on PCs, a developer would be foolish to focus on the PC (where a huge fraction of the userbase will pirate the game) vs a console (where, in exchange for a fee to Microsoft or Sony, you get the relatively strong copy-protection scheme of a console to protect your development investment).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-vs-gaming-consoles?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.