Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jamesays
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

speaker (resized).JPG
    20211121_113104 (resized).jpg
    20211119_204953 (resized).jpg
    20211119_204941 (resized).jpg
    20211119_004607 (resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

The pinwoofer system is over $400 with the GT sub, still deciding if I want to spend the money. I might just grab one of these for now and see how it sounds...
    Wonka has so little bass to begin with.

If your main goal is to achieve unlimited bass levels an external sub is the best option for you since there are practical limits to the intensity of bass you'll want to add to the cabinet.

About 10% of our customers add an external sub in conjunction with the PinWoofer system to get an over-the-top experience.

I'll add that JJP's audio tracks and mastery are incredible. However, the out of the box audio experience is a disappointment for many owing to the hardware and speakers. So, we offer solutions that unlock the potential of the track.

The PinWoofer system adds the right level of power and speaker upgrades. The result is a warm cabinet with lots of bass and more importantly, we add unprecedented clarity and definition to the backbox. You really have to hear it, to get it.

Our equipment is turnkey and easy to install and our focus is on high quality, reliability and the customer.

Since we were mentioned - have a great day everyone and go play some pinball!

Thanks,

Dan
    https://PinWoofer.com
    [email protected]
    +1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

#52 2 years ago

MET

ACNC

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

If your main goal is to achieve unlimited bass levels an external sub is the best option for you since there are practical limits to the intensity of bass you'll want to add to the cabinet.
    About 10% of our customers add an external sub in conjunction with the PinWoofer system to get an over-the-top experience.
    I'll add that JJP's audio tracks and mastery are incredible. However, the out of the box audio experience is a disappointment for many owing to the hardware and speakers. So, we offer solutions that unlock the potential of the track.
    The PinWoofer system adds the right level of power and speaker upgrades. The result is a warm cabinet with lots of bass and more importantly, we add unprecedented clarity and definition to the backbox. You really have to hear it, to get it.
    Our equipment is turnkey and easy to install and our focus is on high quality, reliability and the customer.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    [email protected]

As a possible heads up If you have Pinwoofers setup its not compatible with the pinnovators bass hookup,Pinwoofer offers a solution for this to hook up your external sub,I dont have that yet but do enjoy Pinwoofers setup on Met,LZ,Potc.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

As a possible heads up If you have Pinwoofers setup its not compatible with the pinnovators bass hookup,Pinwoofer offers a solution for this to hook up your external sub,I dont have that yet but do enjoy Pinwoofers setup on Met,LZ,Potc.

Hey Jamesays - hope all is well buddy! Nothing out there is overly complicated and in all cases (so far) we are compatible with everything pinball audio. If you believe you have special circumstances or want to check ahead of time, just let us know what you've got going and we have likely done it before - easy. Thanks for your attention.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Better check with pinwoofer on this my information may be incorrect

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Better check with pinwoofer on this my information may be incorrect

I wouldn't use both together. I was told if you get the pinwoofer gt amp you can also hook up an external sub.

#57 2 years ago

That is correct

#58 2 years ago

My meteor is rocking!
    2 speakers in backbox.
    2 speakers in cabinet.
    Added small amp in cabinet.

It's a little bit of overkill but WTH.

And the best mod for all my games another
    Polk 10 from craigslist. 60$

20211119_204941 (resized).jpg20211119_204941 (resized).jpg20211119_204953 (resized).jpg20211119_204953 (resized).jpg20211121_113104 (resized).jpg20211121_113104 (resized).jpg
    #59 2 years ago

I can tell not many Counterforce players in this thread.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks,
    Dan
    [email protected]

Hi Dan (or anyone),

I've got a Dialed In LE and an external Monoprice woofer.

What's the difference between using this kit (https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-subwoofer-kit-multi-system-blue?variant=39253956690029) and just running speaker wire from my speaker to the sub?

Is it doing some processing or amplifying, or is it just providing the wires?

Thanks in advance!

speaker (resized).JPGspeaker (resized).JPG
    #61 2 years ago

So, if I wanted to use multiple pins with 1 sub, is the pinsound the way to go since they have that 5-1 kit? I was going to try out Pinwoofer on all of them, but they aren't having a Black Friday sale this year.

I'm debating if I should just go via Pinsound 5-1 kit, external sub, and just replace the backbox speakers (Kenwood 5")and speaker in cabinet (Goldwood Sound) on those pins and it should sound pretty good that way too with a fraction of the price. I understand they won't be amped, but they will sound good, I'm sure.

Anyone have any feedback on that route? Thanks in advance.

#62 2 years ago

So, if I wanted to use multiple pins with 1 sub, is the pinnovators the way to go since they have that 5-1 kit?

I was going to try out Pinwoofer on all 5 of my pins, but they aren't having a Black Friday sale this year. So, that's too bad and I will buy elsewhere.

I'm debating if I should just go via Pinnovators 5-1 kit (BF sale right now), 5 pinsubs (also BF sale), external sub, and just replace the backbox speakers (Kenwood 5.25") and speaker in cabinet (Goldwood Sound) and it should sound pretty good at a fraction of the price.

Anyone have any feedback on that route? Thanks in advance.

2 months later
    #63 2 years ago

I’d love some feedback before I upgrade my sound. I have 5 pins with a 6th on the way, Rushpro when it shows up. Other 5 all stern spike 2’s: DPpro, JPprem, AIQprem, LZprem, GZle. I don’t want to break the bank more than I already have but was thinking 2 subs (Polk psw10’s), a pinnovator sub $35 kit in each game and maybe 2 of their passive sub mixers that can link 5 games to a sub. This way I have 3 subs to a game? I could also skip the sub mixers and get 3 subs with 2 pins per sub. Similar pricing I guess. I wasn’t planning to touch back box speakers. Probably $400 total. I can’t see myself investing into a full upgrade speaker kit for each game. Am I missing the boat with this line of thinking? Other ideas?

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from dpkzone:

I’d love some feedback before I upgrade my sound. I have 5 pins with a 6th on the way, Rushpro when it shows up. Other 5 all stern spike 2’s: DPpro, JPprem, AIQprem, LZprem, GZle. I don’t want to break the bank more than I already have but was thinking 2 subs (Polk psw10’s), a pinnovator sub $35 kit in each game and maybe 2 of their passive sub mixers that can link 5 games to a sub. This way I have 3 subs to a game? I could also skip the sub mixers and get 3 subs with 2 pins per sub. Similar pricing I guess. I wasn’t planning to touch back box speakers. Probably $400 total. I can’t see myself investing into a full upgrade speaker kit for each game. Am I missing the boat with this line of thinking? Other ideas?

That should work - I think you'd be pretty happy with the results, even with just adding the subs and nothing else. I would get the mixers however, as they are very useful in adjusting the individual volumes per game, and you don't have to touch the volume control on the actual sub itself.

#65 2 years ago

Good input. Thank you. If I go the mixer route, and have three machines per sub, can I have people playing two or 3 games at the same time?

#66 2 years ago

I don't use the sub when multiple games are being played, so I disconnect it (it sounds chaotic enough when 3 or 4 games are being played together). However, I can't imagine it would sound good with input coming from 3 different sources simultaneously?

#67 2 years ago

I've just ended up buying the Polk sub for each pin. I only have 3 pins though, I'm planning on getting another one for Cactus Canyon when I get that.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from dpkzone:

If I had your lineup I might add pinwoofers to the music pins and subs to all and then go from there.2cents.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-that-give-the-best-booming-bass-and-rumble-your-house/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.