Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by patrickvc
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).png
    2943660605_b191d6fda6_z_(resized).jpg
    20160617_101228_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    AC_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    planking_(resized).jpg
    d24d7b8f7a66990bd5806e05a6302eb2a939288b_(resized).jpg
    30e6aeba845475cea2f417e1aedb040f2b03c5c6_(resized).jpg
    6001210948735_350_350_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

If a window A/C unit isn't feasible, then a portable A/C unit like the one below might work. It can be vented through a window or a wall.

What sucks about these is they are loud as shi* in the room and you still have to get rid of the moisture. I've got one and wish I'd never bought it.

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Here you go, just noticed you are in Laredo.
    http://www.mirage.mx
    Cheaper and get an a/c guy "on the down low" to install it for you.

I clicked on US site thinking it would simply translate the words. Kinda funny.....

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

So you got a portable AC unit? How much did you pay for it? This portable AC unit creates moisture? Thanks

Air conditioners remove moisture from the air they condition. That moisture has to go somewhere. Mine will either store it in a reservoir you dump when it gets full or it can vent the moisture outside. Regardless of what others have said, I have a hard time believing an indoor unit is quieter than a comparable window unit. It just doesn't make sense. With a window unit the noisy parts are outside the window. With an indoor unit everything is in the room making noise.

I got mine from Costco for ~$400. It also functions as a heater and dehumidifier. If I were to do it all over again and a ~$100 window unit wasn't an option, I'd buy a mini-split and install it myself. I believe most of them come pre-charged with refrigerant. Even if you move in a couple years it still adds value to the home.

Good luck!

#176 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I lived in TX for a few.
    If it's 100* outside, it's 140* in the garage.
    But the people are super friendly compared to the North, and the chicks are super hot - so it's a trade off that's worthwhile.

Lived in Texas for a bit and the people are generally very nice. Though there is that affluenza kid. The problem with Texas for me is the weather. They seem to experience a natural disaster every other month.

#200 7 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

For those of you with window units or portable AC's.....what about the security in the house? Having a window unit or portable unit means the window not locked and a potential for someone to just lift the window up and jumping inside the house. What do you do about that? Like specially when you go out of town? You guys just leave the window unlocked like that?

You can screw the window AC into the frame of the window. If a burglar wants in, they are going to get in, but they'll make as much of a mess getting past that as they would breaking a locked window.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-in-hot-garages?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.