(Topic ID: 175764)

Pinball machines get light mods, what about newer arcade cabinets?

By Agent_Hero

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161204_143722 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExtremePinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I have a pair of Maximum Tune racing games. They're from the Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift/Pimp My Ride era where light mods and such were big on street racing cars. I'm wondering if it would be absurd to consider lighting up the base around the seat or under the control panel. I don't frequent sites like BYOAC or other MAME custom build sites where this would be more in their realm, but just wanted opinions on it. Eventually, the marquee lights will both work but they're a winter project for now.

Have at it. We do some type of lighting mod on most of our arcade games and pinball machines.... used and NIB. We often pull factory florescent tubes out of marquees, and then replace them with LED strips immediately. No more tube, no more ballast, no more starter, no more problems.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExtremePinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-get-light-mods-what-about-newer-arcade-cabinets?tu=ExtremePinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.