Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ronlisa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

orchid-washcar.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    images.jpg
    skel.jpg
    super-don-quixote.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Penny_Arcade_1.JPG
    canister.jpg
    canister.jpg
    DSCN1406.JPG
    IMG_20130506_190348.jpg
    IMG_20130506_190339.jpg
    2013-05-10_08-24-01_211.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 10 years ago

I'm 25 and always knew what pins are. So do all my friends these guys were just idiots

#45 10 years ago

My lowboy mame is mainly on nba jam or d&d. I also love gunfight even if I do have to use buttons to control the gun instead of another joystick. Most underrated 2 player arcade game imo

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from JackSlater:

Id like to see those guys being in surgery in an hospital that dosen't have janitors/cleaning staff. Maybe once they nearly die from infection they are gonna realise that ''standing'' is virtual at best. But same in pinball, how many times did you ended up in some obnoxious jackass boasting about is MM,CV,AFM...

If anyones read the book world war z, I like the bit about the retraining programs after the zombie war where professionals and celebrities are now learning skills from their maids and gardeners.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Im 25, and Was into collecting arcades for the past 5 years, NOW im into pinball, and i am done with the arcades, especially Monitor repairs!!!
    This was my "Kollection" before i stepped up to pins.
    The complete Dedicated Mortal Kombat collection
    Mk1,Mk2,Mk3,Umk3,Mk4, Killer instinct 1, Killer instinct 2, and Wargods
    I completely know the difference between a Vid and a Pin, and take offense to my pins being called vids

do you still have the MK collection? It's pretty rad!

Some of my family and friends don't realise when they get a new ball, they will drain and then sit there for a bit with the ball in the shooter lane until I tell them it's waiting to be plunged. If a pin plays an animation or counts bonuses before launching their next ball I've also seen them get impatient and tell me it's broken and it's not giving them a ball.
    The best was when my mum was first playing, she would get multi ball on my space jam (it's waaaaaay too easy) and she would get scared thinking she broke it because she now has 3 balls. Same goes with it's captive ball, I've had numerous people say their ball is stuck when referring to it.

The odd thing for me though is I have found my friends my age know a lot more about playing pinball than my older family and older friends do which is odd, I think it may have to do with the fact that these days retro stuff is cool again. Even my dad who admits he failed school because he spent all his year 12 playing pinball doesn't understand dmd machines.

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

I also had all of the dedicated MK units (although I just had UMK3, not MK3) before I got into pins.. relived my college years, then sold all of them. Funny thing was it was hard to find anyone that would play a VS. game on them when I had them and I got sick of playing the computer. If only I could have flown all of my college buddies in for a beer drinking, Mortal Kombat weekend (would have made a cool documentary perhaps?)

I've just got my mame cab which only has 4 buttons so no MK only Tekken. I used to be awesome at tekken but these days I get beaten by every button masher out there. I just can't get it going anymore lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-are-video-games-to-25-year-olds?tu=pinmanguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.