Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ronlisa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

orchid-washcar.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    images.jpg
    skel.jpg
    super-don-quixote.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Penny_Arcade_1.JPG
    canister.jpg
    canister.jpg
    DSCN1406.JPG
    IMG_20130506_190348.jpg
    IMG_20130506_190339.jpg
    2013-05-10_08-24-01_211.jpg
    There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

My neighbor had to let in the washing machine delivery guys (the old one literally caught fire) today.

I was watching and listening to the security camera feeds from work over the internet.

Both delivery guys appeared to be about 20-25 years old.

Delivery guy#1: Wow, you have old video games? (pointing to the row of pinball machines).
    Neighbor: There not mine, but I play them all the time.
    DG#2: And they work, and shit?
    N: Yes, they are all restored and working.
    DG#1: They are so cool and old. I love video games!
    N: Well, they are pinball machines, and some of them are less than a year old.
    DG#1: Bro, let's get a video game! (smiling at his partner) Are they for sale?
    N: I don't think so......(says something unintelligible)
    DG#2: Forget it dude, we can get one from Craigslist......I just need you to sign here.......

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

we can get one from Craigslist

Best part of the conversation.
    But yeah, that's a lot of youthful ignorance there.

#3 10 years ago

Both delivery guys will probably still be delivery guys in 20 years, if use of the English language is any indicator of intelligence.

#4 10 years ago

I'd be yelling at them if they called my pins video games.

#5 10 years ago

HAHA! Wow, I had a similar conversation with a coworker the other day; I mentioned I'd picked up a Space Shuttle pinball, and she said "Oh, I love those. I loved Space Invaders" and went on to describe the Space Invaders arcade game...

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I was watching and listening to the security camera feeds from work over the internet.

Video or it didn't happen.

#7 10 years ago

I had a guy give me an estimate on sealing a basement crack a couple weeks ago, I was amazed he actually knew what they were and went on to say he wishes they were still on location to play, but he was also my age.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

Video or it didn't happen.

While I'm sure I have a right to view my security cam footage, I'm not sure I have a right to publicly post it if the people in the recording did not know they were being recorded.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

While I'm sure I have a right to view my security cam footage, I'm not sure I have a right to publicly post it if the people in the recording did not know they were being recorded.

Hang signs around the house. By entering you are agreeing to be videotaped.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

Hang signs around the house. By entering you are agreeing to be videotaped.

Those would be popular if I ever had to look for a new GF.

#11 10 years ago

People these days may of never heard of a pinball machine so for them everything which has a coin slot is a arcade machine for them

Just one quick question what machines do you own

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Just one quick question what machines do you own

I have about 45 machines.

From where they were standing, they would have seen: WH2O, TronLE, TAF, Comet, Space Shuttle, F14, TZ, and HS - in that order.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I have about 45 machines.

Nice

#14 10 years ago

Hey now... I'm 27.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Hey now... I'm 27.

Can you level and hook up a washing machine?

#16 10 years ago

Can you level and hook up a washing machine?

Yup, and I recently built this pedestal to make things easier on my wife's back.

2013-05-10_08-24-01_211.jpg2013-05-10_08-24-01_211.jpg

#17 10 years ago

Maybe I'm just too informed (always seeking out knowledge), but I'm amazed at how much people "don't know" about history-wise.

I'm watching the apprentice last night and lotoya jackson didn't know the penn & teller act about how telller never talks. In the last 36 years you've never seen their act?

I realize pinball isn't exactly on the radar like when I was growing up, but there are plenty of things "before my time" that I'm at least aware of. I grew up before punch cards, B&W Tv, morse code, ice freezers, washboards, but I know what they all look like and operate.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Maybe I'm just too informed (always seeking out knowledge), but I'm amazed at how much people "don't know" about history-wise.
    I'm watching the apprentice last night and lotoya jackson didn't know the penn & teller act about how telller never talks. In the last 36 years you've never seen their act?
    I realize pinball isn't exactly on the radar like when I was growing up, but there are plenty of things "before my time" that I'm at least aware of. I grew up before punch cards, B&W Tv, morse code, ice freezers, washboards, but I know what they all look like and operate.

I'm in my mid 30's and have my Dad's old Canon camera I use from time to time and am shocked how many people don't know what film is. Pinball is just as unfortunate to be an unknown item.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from bjoechamp:

Both delivery guys will probably still be delivery guys in 20 years, if use of the English language is any indicator of intelligence.

Quoted from bjoechamp:

What is wrong with being a delivery guy for another 25 years? Later in life, if you are old and frail and cannot move an appliance; wouldn't it be handy to have a "delivery guy" available to help you? Would it matter to you if he/she was 20-25 or 40-45?

I find it interesting how some individuals seem to look down on hdousekeeping staff at hotels, janitors, sanitation workers etc. What if everyone strived for and became professionals or skilled trades workers; who would deliver appliances, clean up and take out the garbage etc?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Yup, and I recently built this pedestal to make things easier on my wife's back.

Cool idea, did the pedestal make the machines any louder from any occurring resonance?

My old machine used to make the whole house hum if it touched any wall, so I put a piece of wood on the floor so it could not move backwards....

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

who would deliver appliances, clean up and take out the garbage etc?

People from Detroit? Just kidding, my family is from Detroit, I can say that.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

who would deliver appliances, clean up and take out the garbage etc?

Quoted from DEWSHO:

People from Detroit?

Baaaahahahahahahahahahaha!

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Cool idea, did the pedestal make the machines any louder from any occurring resonance?
    My old machine used to make the whole house hum if it touched any wall, so I put a piece of wood on the floor so it could not move backwards....

Nope. That was something I was worried about, but to my surprise it didn't make the machines any louder. Although, they were quite silent to begin with.

#24 10 years ago

Your the one that calls yourself "vid".

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Your the one that calls yourself "vid".

Yeah, no one could pronounce my name and because i used to fix all the video games, I got assigned "Vid".

#26 10 years ago

So those pins are "vids" games.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

HAHA! Wow, I had a similar conversation with a coworker the other day; I mentioned I'd picked up a Space Shuttle pinball, and she said "Oh, I love those. I loved Space Invaders" and went on to describe the Space Invaders arcade game...

Thats when you tell him, well... They made over 300,000 Space Invaders games so you should be able to pick one up. Space Shuttle on the other hand was only produced 7,000 times and most are broken, parted out or thrown out.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Hey now... I'm 27.

I'm 23. I'll stay off all you old guys' lawns.

#29 10 years ago

Yea I'm 25. Stupid people are stupid regardless of age.

#30 10 years ago

lol

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

In Massachusetts the Law is you can record Video but not the Audio. If you show the Video the Audio must not be used. There was a case here in Salem where a Women set up a camera and recorded when the Bars let out, due to complaints of unruly people. She is legally able to record Video but the Audio violates wiretapping Laws here in Taxachussets

#32 10 years ago

The cameras are in OH, but I recorded the videos in NJ - so I'm probably breaking 20 laws across 5 state lines, LOL.

#33 10 years ago

Well at least you'll have them (or their "buddies") recorded when the break back into your house to steal your "video games".

They know what time you're not at home, have access to a large truck, and have experience with moving heavy objects.

#34 10 years ago

I'm 25 and always knew what pins are. So do all my friends these guys were just idiots

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

They know what time you're not at home, have access to a large truck, and have experience with moving heavy objects.

That's exactly why I had my retired nextdoor neighbor let them in:

1. I could take an "Anytime between 8am -7pm" delivery time slot.

2. He was a Sheriff until last year when he retired.

3. He still has the cop mustache (and his Glock).

#36 10 years ago

I recently built myself a custom bar top 60 in 1 and was showing people at work pictures of my progress they would ask me how my pinball machine was coming. Then when I got a couple new pins during that project they asked me if I was enjoying my new video games. I corrected them and they just said what's the difference. Also trying to explain to them that I'm not really into video games or the lack of owning an Xbox or PlayStation is very difficult.

#37 10 years ago

There is no shame in having a 60-in-one video game in the corner for some quick Galaga action.

Sometimes broads come over and only want to play Ms Pacman....

Quoted from jsauce85:

I recently built myself a custom bar top 60 in 1

pics please!

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There is no shame in having a 60-in-one video game in the corner for some quick Galaga action.
    Sometimes broads come over and only want to play Ms Pacman....

Video games & pinball are a fantastic combination

Defender & Discs of Tron.... Tempest & Donkey Kong.... Man that's good living!

#39 10 years ago

I built a couple I figured why not

IMG_20130506_190339.jpgIMG_20130506_190339.jpg

#40 10 years ago

Side view

IMG_20130506_190348.jpgIMG_20130506_190348.jpg

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from jsauce85:

I built a couple I figured why not

Looks Nice!

For your monitor are you using widescreen or the older 4:3 monitors?
    looks like WS.

I have a stand up Cab that I am replacing the CRT. Picked up an older dell monitor that is ~ the same size as the old CRT

Also did you make up your own dimensions or did you use available blueprints/plans?

#42 10 years ago

I still have a weakness for Scramble.

DSCN1406.JPGDSCN1406.JPG

#43 10 years ago

I used a 19" wide screen monitor and just made my own dimensions and made changes along the way

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I still have a weakness for Scramble.

Yeah, I was working on a scramble the other day, and noticed on the bezel glass the name "Watson" in the artwork. Hmmm.

#45 10 years ago

My lowboy mame is mainly on nba jam or d&d. I also love gunfight even if I do have to use buttons to control the gun instead of another joystick. Most underrated 2 player arcade game imo

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frankenator:

I'm in my mid 30's and have my Dad's old Canon camera I use from time to time and am shocked how many people don't know what film is. Pinball is just as unfortunate to be an unknown item.

My employees are mostly young girls ages 18-24. I recently discovered they had no idea what one of these is used for. Obsolete technology.

canister.jpgcanister.jpg

#47 10 years ago

My employees are mostly young girls ages 18-24. I recently discovered they had no idea what one of these is used for. Obsolete technology.

Duh! Everyone should know these are for keeping your weed/roaches fresh.

canister.jpgcanister.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Ask someone under 18 what a pinball machine is watch the blank stare and eyes glaze over.

They just have never been exposed to it and some do not know what the word arcade is. Be thankful for the nostalgia and love you have that they will never understand. My brother started playing pinball last year too and he comes over and does not really touch the plethora of video ga,Ed I have and picks a pin and tries to beat my high scores. If he learns to nudge he will be better then me his reflexes are like a cat and watched pinball 101 twice. if he keeps playing often I bet he starts entering tournaments for fun.

#49 10 years ago

Pins, Galaga & Tempest

Penny_Arcade_1.JPGPenny_Arcade_1.JPG

#50 10 years ago

You can't just do pins. You gatta throw in a couple classic vids.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-are-video-games-to-25-year-olds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.