Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chippe01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Abrieviation list needed for Pinball machines”

• Create Pinball abrieviation list for dummies 9 votes
      47%
    • Learn it on your own 5 votes
      26%
    • Stop abrieviations on machines totally 5 votes
      26%

(Multiple choice - 19 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85a80ce7c53efb60fd6097879907a83e (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

One thing that is annoying with abbreviations is an abbreviation can be the same for multiple games.....for example when people use WW for White Water. WW is Whirlwind. White Water is WH2O.

There are more examples where abbreviations can be more than one game.......not to make it a pain in the ass but maybe it would be good to have a permanent link to generally accepted game abbreviations and a brief message somewhere for all to know there is an abbreviation list. So many new people that do not know them. I know when I got in the hobby about 7 years ago I had to learn them and it wasn't difficult but you had to learn them if you wanted know quickly what game someone was talking about.....can't tell you how many times I had to google an abbreviation. Should be required reading before anyone can post LOL!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-abrieviation-list?tu=pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.