(Topic ID: 164095)

Pinball Machine you regretted selling the LEAST!

By Whysnow

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by attitude05
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

655_(resized).png

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

The other thread by iceman got me thinking. I have very few games I regret selling, in fact most of them I was happy to send on their way.

I started looking at my colleciton of previously owned (I tend to forget the ones that are gone) and decided my least favorite game which I sent packing was Creech followed by MM.

Creech I owned twice now and it did not stick either time. I found it to very wood chopping and the unbalanced point strategy vs storyline stragegy made be get bored with it very quickly.

MM just bored me since every major collection has one and after you finally stack all the multis then it had nothing left for me to shoot for. I also got pretty good at it and the cheesy callouts turned into corny callouts where the whole time I knew it was supposed to be Monty Python but just wasn't.

Let's hear it, what games did you ship out the door and are happy they are still not taking up room?

#2 7 years ago

Sort of the same thing here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/purchase-regret

Same answer for me, King Rock; total piece of shit.

Didn't mind when NGG left; you can only spend so much time with that one

#3 7 years ago

Laser Ball. A widebody that took up a lot of space, and wasn't terribly exciting to play, unfortunately. The other classic Williams widebody games were a bit better, but only marginally.

#4 7 years ago

Bad cats was well, bad.

#5 7 years ago

White Water, owned it 3x and each and every time I just couldn't like it no matter how hard I wanted to it got boring way too fast for me.

#6 7 years ago

Definitely Jolly Park. Had buyer's remorse, which I've never had on any other pin purchase. Luckily was easily able to find a buyer that had been looking for one for years and sold it at cost.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Bad cats was well, bad.

Meow meow meow meow!

#8 7 years ago

This won't be popular but The Addams Family got old quickly for me.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

This won't be popular but The Addams Family got old quickly for me.

Agreed, there are plenty of classic games that I wouldn't need/want to own.

#10 7 years ago

Congo.. My only regret is not holding onto it long enough for it to inexplicably become a $3k game.

#11 7 years ago

Williams IJ. Did a partial restore on it over a month or so believing the hype behind the game. Finished then played it for the first time and totally hated it! I do not understand the huge following behind this game?

#12 7 years ago

TSPP... hate that game more than Raven.. (well its close).

#13 7 years ago

Harley Davidson (sega 99)
should have been great...awesome theme, shaker, interesting layout...but man I knew on ball 2 It would be gone quickly...

#14 7 years ago

Ditto...
I tried soooo hard to like it.

I really did....

Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Congo.. My only regret is not holding onto it long enough for it to inexplicably become a $3k game.

#16 7 years ago

Maverick. Way to slow for me.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

definately seems to be a polarizing game.

I think you either love it or hate it. I am in the love camp.

#18 7 years ago

Comet and Bad Cats ..... both got annoying really fast. WoF didn't last long either

#20 7 years ago

Nightmare on elm street.

#21 7 years ago

Hurricane

#22 7 years ago

Waterworld

#23 7 years ago

williams joust

that being said, it was after I had acquired 3 of them and vultured anything that was worth swapping out from this one over the 2 others. based on today's prices, I almost wish I had held onto it for another 8-10 years (but I think I still made some money on the sale

#24 7 years ago

GOTLE
Shortest time I've ever owned of a Ritchie pin.

Whoa Nellie took its place and couldn't be happier !

#25 7 years ago

PinBot ... game was pretty beat, and I got enough out of it to buy SafeCracker.

(yes, that was possible in the mid-late 90s)

#26 7 years ago

Elvis. Despite being my first game, it got pretty repetitive for me, especially when I began discovering Sterns with arguably better replay value and more stuff to do.

#27 7 years ago

Rollercoaster Tycoon.

My first NIB - bought it based on Lawlor's reputation. What a turd. Sold it for a pretty big loss and never regretted getting rid of it. Pinball was dead as far as I was concerned after that.

#28 7 years ago

Fish Tales. Never have missed it for a second, but I miss The Getaway, which I had traded straight up for it. After shopping FT out and playing it in the garage for a few days, it never made it into the game room. I listed it and sent it along the way.

#29 7 years ago

All of them.... They are just toys.

#30 7 years ago

Gorgar - didnt even make it out of the car

#31 7 years ago

Addams family.
I was playing it a lot and it just made me angry, pinball that makes you angry is not fun. Sold it for spidy, my first stern.

#32 7 years ago

Eatpm

#33 7 years ago

JD. Surprised four legs can hold that turd up. They should have put six on it just to make it interesting because gameplay certainly wasn't.

#34 7 years ago

South Park, Wheel of fortune, Party Zone

#35 7 years ago

judge dredd. That thing felt like a suitcase, big and clunky. Out the door .

#36 7 years ago

Empire strikes back
Extra wide body, targets you cannot shoot with the flippers, heavy

#37 7 years ago

Roadshow with Monster Bash being a close second.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

JD. Surprised four legs can hold that turd up. They should have put six on it just to make it interesting because gameplay certainly wasn't.

I'll make sure I can get Dan's JD working for league night.

#39 7 years ago

Stargate

That. Game. Blows.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Stargate
That. Game. Blows.

Yeah bu bu but it's got like 3 wizard modes!! Ha...so bad that game.

#41 7 years ago

Street Fighter II I could not sell that thing fast enough...

#42 7 years ago

Super Mario Brothers.. First pin in, first pin out. Didn't take long to realize I'd made a mistake.

#43 7 years ago

Scared Stiff and so many others.

#44 7 years ago

Stern Lectronamo. Boring game.

#45 7 years ago

NBA Fast Break
The Shadow
Stargate

#46 7 years ago

TOM.
W?D.

#48 7 years ago

Pin*Bot. Great game...just didn't work in my collection. Moving it helped fund my modest EM collection, so it's a move I'd make again in a heartbeat.

#49 7 years ago

I would say Big Guns, just didn't work for me.

#50 7 years ago

quite a few that dont miss bad cats it appears.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-you-regretted-selling-the-least and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.