Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by plowpusher
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130623215744605.jpg
    playboy_under_cabinet_leds1.JPG
    tumblr_m6m6l80MFP1rwkfr7o1_1280.jpg
    Game_Room_2.png
    led.jpg
    fgy_blue.jpg
    DSC02255.jpg
    DSC02254.jpg
    DSC02260.jpg
    DSC02258.jpg
    DSC02259.jpg
    DSC02257.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

ok so the underglow word sucks, but that's basically what I'm looking for. illumination sounds too bright.

I'm just looking to have a soft red glow come off the bottom of one of my machines and a blue glow on another.

A buddy of mine has a black-light under his LOR which is awesome, but not exactly what I'm looking for. Any ideas/pics? Think the led rope may be a bit much for this purpose. anyone have pics?

#2 10 years ago

http://www.thatscoolwire.com The wire has a nice glow to it... Looks great in the gameroom... Put the sound activating bar under tron talk about good times!

#3 10 years ago

I use a 36" neon tube. You can get them on Amazon for about $25.

#4 10 years ago

If you connect a LED-rope to a controller/dimmer... you can turn it just as high or low to your liking

#5 10 years ago

pinballpro.com

$35 plus shipping and looks great

#6 10 years ago

ebay.com link: 5050 SMD 6 LED Red Car Interior Light Dome Bulb T10 BA9s Dome Festoon Adapters

I use smd led panels like these. They're cheap and come in different colors and sizes. The 6 led panel looks nice. I have a 15 led panel and it's way too bright.

#7 10 years ago

Ikea sells a nice 4 strip color changing LED kit for around $40. I've installed 2 of them and they are perfect. Either select one color or have the colors transition from one to the other. Takes about an hour and a half to install, but worth it.

DSC02257.jpgDSC02257.jpg DSC02259.jpgDSC02259.jpg DSC02260.jpgDSC02260.jpgDSC02258.jpgDSC02258.jpg DSC02254.jpgDSC02254.jpg DSC02255.jpgDSC02255.jpg

#9 10 years ago

I have color LED panels installed on all of my pins. I paid under $2 for each.

fgy_blue.jpgfgy_blue.jpg

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

I have color LED panels installed on all of my pins. I paid under $2 for each.

Thats a great price! any pics of what it looks like on?

#11 10 years ago

Just be careful if you use a lift table to raise/move your machines.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from coz6:

http://www.thatscoolwire.com The wire has a nice glow to it... Looks great in the gameroom... Put the sound activating bar under tron talk about good times!

This is what you have on the ramps right?

#14 10 years ago

I tried this but was disappointed as the solenoids would trigger the module before the speaker would which was not the effect I was going for.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from TurboBengal:

Thats a great price! any pics of what it looks like on?

TSPP with green, Family Guy with blue and Funhouse has blue but it's turned off. I like the way the colors blend together with the 6 LED panels compared to the larger ones.

led.jpgled.jpg

#16 10 years ago

ebay.com link: snb331

This looks like a good supplier for the panels. US seller with a bunch of different styles for reasonable prices. I bought a red 15 LED panel for AC/DC and it lights up the whole building.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

Ebay link
    This looks like a good supplier for the panels. US seller with a bunch of different styles for reasonable prices. I bought a red 15 LED panel for AC/DC and it lights up the whole building.

Thanks for all your info, links and pix. They look really good at a great price. I'm going to get a few of the 6-LED panels to experiment with. Maybe wire a couple of them to flashers on my SM in addition to a steady one.

#18 10 years ago

try these
    Ebay link
    this what i have these work very well
    Ebay link

Heres some pics of my glow

Game_Room_2.pngGame_Room_2.png

#19 10 years ago

these all look great! thanks for the help!

#20 10 years ago

do these plug and play? They have the wall plug and everything?

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

do these plug and play? They have the wall plug and everything?

Mine are 12 volt just find a test pin with 12 volts and your good to go

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Turboderf:

Mine are 12 volt just find a test pin with 12 volts and your good to go

Problem: I'm ignorant on wiring, etc. I don't even know what a test pin is, let alone where/how to use one.

#23 10 years ago

How would you wire those on Bally/Williams Games?

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xanathar:

these are all williams / bally games i just clip the + wire to 12 on test pin and - ground on the side of the board all with clips

#25 10 years ago

If you want to grab 12v inside the cabinet, there is a source on the coin door interface board. Some boards are missing the pinned connector, but it's easy to solder one in, which is what I did in the pic below. Pins 1 and 4 on that black connector are the ground and +12v respectively (as labeled).

tumblr_m6m6l80MFP1rwkfr7o1_1280.jpgtumblr_m6m6l80MFP1rwkfr7o1_1280.jpg

#26 10 years ago

this is what i've got. you can chose the color, dim the color if you want, chase, flash...

for about $20.00 for eveything, $15.00 if it's plugged directly in the 12 volt extra plug in a machine.

playboy_under_cabinet_leds1.JPGplayboy_under_cabinet_leds1.JPG

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

Just be careful if you use a lift table to raise/move your machines.

That is what I always think. Looks awesome until I put a cart under a game and forget to be careful.

LTG : )

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

this is what i've got. you can chose the color, dim the color if you want, chase, flash...
    for about $20.00 for eveything, $15.00 if it's plugged directly in the 12 volt extra plug in a machine.

Where did you get that under cabinet light from? Looks awesome!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Where did you get that under cabinet light from? Looks awesome!

similar to this, i paid $15.00 for it with free shipping and got myself a transfo for $5.00, locally.

ebay.com link: itm

#30 10 years ago

Awesome. Thanks!

#31 10 years ago

I used a $10 string of Christmas lights that I re-wired and mounted under a RFM. Kind of wanted that green tractor beam effect.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

That looks Awesome! what are you using?

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from TurboBengal:

That looks Awesome! what are you using?

nevermind... just saw previous post. my bad

#34 10 years ago

Underglow is boring. It needs to be tied into game play. Do i need to make a kit?

#35 10 years ago

Thats real cool

Quoted from Rock914:

Underglow is boring. It needs to be tied into game play. Do i need to make a kit?» YouTube video

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

Underglow is boring. It needs to be tied into game play. Do i need to make a kit?» YouTube video

my games may be a bit dated for that much, but it look really cool

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

That is bad ass dude!!!

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevenson888:

That is bad ass dude!!!

Didn't you make it?? Got the kit made just wondering if I should sell it due to the installation requirements.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

How did you tie the lighting kit into the game? it changes colors and everything? Arduino?

#40 10 years ago

Looks like they are tied into the pops.

1 month later
    #41 10 years ago

Turned my pins into teenage owned hondas. And it looks great! Thanks to all the people who helped here and a HUGE thanks to fellow pinsider Coz6 for helping with the install.

I went with sanctumwears mod as it was the most affordable to test.. and it looks great. Thanks again!

CameraZOOM-20130623215744605.jpgCameraZOOM-20130623215744605.jpg

#42 10 years ago

I like this purple on the genesis back box just got a strip kit that has the choices of colors from costoco for 30 bucks its helps this ugly pin out some

image.jpgimage.jpg

#43 10 years ago

Try again

image.jpgimage.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-underglow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.