Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by trueno92
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32817381934_b5c6caefd0_o (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Their should be a machine that evaluates records and teaches players how to play.

No theme, layout is very basic and it should teach a player to play.

A coach could load up a plan and pull from the machine how this person is doing and link it to a profile.

#2 1 year ago

Haha, Gottlieb system 3 games tell you where to shoot, most of them do this and it drives me nuts. “Shoot the Spinner”. Over and over again. Or some other shot.
    Is this teaching you how to play?

#3 1 year ago

I think OP might mean something similar to AbeFlips videos, only interactive on an actual machine.

I agree, I think that could be a really useful tool for those looking to improve...

#4 1 year ago

All of them can teach economics.

Price per play on location helps you make choices on what you like and your entertainment budget.

Buying machines for home can teach about investment and maintaining costs.

LTG : )

#5 1 year ago

Multimorphic was working on a pinball trainer and had it at TPF years ago. Don't think anything ever came of it though

gstellenberg any info?

#6 1 year ago

And here I was thinking they all did this with those score numbers things.....

#7 1 year ago

Every pinball machine teaches you to play better, it uses reality vs cliff notes

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Multimorphic was working on a pinball trainer and had it at TPF years ago. Don't think anything ever came of it though
    gstellenberg any info?

Got deprioritised with the wealth of games MM has at their disposal

#9 1 year ago

Mm has a good system for it with the ball tracking but I don’t know that the accuracy is that of having an overhead high speed cam tracking the ball and flippers. With good software behind it, that would be ideal. Bonus- could also integrate live projected art. Be cool to playback what you did in slow ball - for example to show that you’re dropping the flipper too soon for the live catch, etc.

#10 1 year ago

T3, Arnold gives you a lesson.. "Shoot here, and here"

#11 1 year ago

the attract mode on Centaur shows you what to shoot for

#12 1 year ago

That's actually a pretty cool idea. A line of standups in a horseshoe with a trough in front of it which will redirect all balls shot back to the flippers. Have a setting that will lob balls to you from many different angles. Wouldn't be (too) hard to build, and would be an awesome game for an expo. Would be an excellent first foray into homebrewing

#13 1 year ago

Nothing will get new players more interested in pinball than making it just like homework from school!
    Kids love homework!

#14 1 year ago

I've liked the idea of a simplified lighting mode that directs the player a little more.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Nothing will get new players more interested in pinball than making it just like homework from school!
    Kids love homework!

I think you guys are all just the Teachers Pet...

32817381934_b5c6caefd0_o (resized).jpg32817381934_b5c6caefd0_o (resized).jpg
    #16 1 year ago

Bride of pinbot teaches you how to build a girlfriend like weird science.

#17 1 year ago

i think this is a losing effort on modern sterns, but some earlier dmd games did teach or at least show you the objective on what to do on each mode.
    Last action hero tells you what to do at the start of each mode, the attract mode in the game goes into a little more depth.
    Nascar also tells you what to shoot for at the start of each mode
    Rocky and Bullwinkle does this too. Im sure there are others.

i know a few WPC games just don't tell you anything and flash various lights so you can guess what to shoot for.

i think the OP means he would be curious if anyone had created a trainer that:
    1. showed you what to shoot for to start a mode
    2. if you hit the target or sequence, it would then return the ball to a flipper and then tell you the result of what you hit, how it impacts your score etc
    3. if you missed, it returns the ball to your flipper so you can try again

maybe the OP can download The Pinball Arcade and go to the Extras section with the rules overview.. how they pointed out what to do with the arrows is pretty good for teaching.

#18 1 year ago

I'm not sure what you mean - I get schooled by my pins on a pretty regular basis.

#19 1 year ago

I suspect (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the question is about a machine that teaches general pinball technique, rather than the goals of a specific game? Post pass, cradle, shatzing, etc? Cheers!

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I suspect (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the question is about a machine that teaches general pinball technique, rather than the goals of a specific game? Post pass, cradle, shatzing, etc? Cheers!

Correct.

#21 1 year ago

Just wire your pin to electrify the side rails when they miss a shot

#22 1 year ago

The machine could be set up with a camera, the coach could setup a practice plan and goals.

The player in training would then watch how its done and then the machine would let the player try dead bounce catch and record the action.

A few more times and the results are sent to a coach who would review the video or can video chat on the scene so that they can give live feed back.

Another possibility is that the coach could take live control from their end and show the player on how it should look and give it back to the player.

A single coach could teach while in new york while the class is in new jersey.

2 months later
    #23 1 year ago

Death saves.

There needs to be a machine that can be setup to practice this.
    Ball launch, right outlane, tilt gets more sensitive as the cheater, i mean player's, skill, advances.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-that-teaches- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.