• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC-Pro-49116180-23Jun2018-MLV (resized).jpg
HEP-Medusa-Nov2016 (resized).jpg
20180622_224854 (resized).jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

For me it is AC/DC Pro and AC/DC Premium/LE.
Playing AC/DC gets me wound up thinking I'm gonna have a good game, maybe have 1 good ball, a couple wicked drains, and crapola, another lame score.
Then you can't help it, ...must hit start button again, and teach this tramp a lesson who's boss.

How about you?
20180622_224854 (resized).jpg20180622_224854 (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago

BSD Sold it and already miss it.

#4 5 years ago

Avatar. Actually I just got to the final battle tonight and it was frickin awesome! Evertytime I think I want to sell this game I play it and I change my mind. You don’t see these on location very often. Actually since I have technically beat it, maybe it’s time to sell it and get INMD.

#5 5 years ago

Star wars premium is a frustrating ass kicker for me,I previously fooled myself into thinking I was an ok pin player but this game has beat me down,Have to play at least 5 to 10 games at a whack its such a ball draining bitch!It will be years before I become a jedi on this one!

#6 5 years ago

GOT pro. Every shot is guarded by standups and the game is really fast and I’m not young. Game over. So I shake my fist and curse, then hit the start button.

#7 5 years ago

SW Premium and TWD Premium

Both absolutely kick me in the balls and I keep pressing start

#8 5 years ago

SWLE - keeps me coming back..

GOTGLE- keeps me coming back, but after 5 or so s&@t games I too shake my fist or punch the PDI Glass! One day it’s gonna shatter

#9 5 years ago

Dracula , The getaway withose outlanes.

#10 5 years ago

Indy 500 was my favorite. Fast, difficult and fun. And difficult.

#11 5 years ago

Whirlwind

#13 5 years ago

For me its a tie between the spawns of satans game room Ghostbusters and The Walking Dead. I hate them, but I love them. Hate. I have never been so close to a clinical test of my slam switch...or my fire extinguisher.

#14 5 years ago

TWD and GB for sure. They are both great games but often frustrating.

#15 5 years ago

Bsd

#16 5 years ago

Out of all the games I've had is - Jacks Open - a simple game but the open end lane guides drove me nuts . Just had to push the start button one more time !

#17 5 years ago

#Medusa comes to mind .

#18 5 years ago

Tron! It's fast and brutal. A shallow right orbit shot that gets about to the spinner and returns to the left outlane or the Gem shot..... Arrrg!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

...must hit start button again,

That statement is what makes a pin really good, or great! A successful title must have that 'Hit the start button again'. (or most importantly, put another quarter in it).

#20 5 years ago

After hundreds of games, Shadow has received the most Start again, because of pissing me off!

#21 5 years ago

Houdini! It's a one-more-game magnet, but it does piss me off quite a lot...

#22 5 years ago

Out of my current collection, IM, TWD, Avatar, TRON and GOTG each piss me off to the point I have to press start again just to get the better of them.

#23 5 years ago

TWD is very addictive, but it doesn't frustrate me as much as AC/DC.
And on AC/DC you got Steve Ritchie call-outs taunting you, sorta like poking you with a stick while trying to put up a decent score.

#24 5 years ago

BSD without a doubt

#25 5 years ago

I gotta agree on BSD. Had over a 1.1 billion point game on it the other day.....after I failed to crack 26 million 3 times in a row. Definition of the "just one more game" game.... kicks your ass forever but can still come together for something amazing on occasion.

#26 5 years ago

TWD is very addictive, but it doesn't frustrate me as much as AC/DC.
And on AC/DC you got Steve Ritchie call-outs taunting you, sorta like poking you with a stick while trying to put up a decent score.

That’s the sexiest ACDC on the planet, BTW.

#27 5 years ago

Black Hole for me, with Medusa running a close second.

#28 5 years ago

Basically any game with brutal outlanes. Bsd and sttng come to mind. Get a decent ball going and down the lane it goes.

My wife would say funhouse. She would curse at, mimic and flip Rudy off when we owned it

#29 5 years ago

Swle twdle im in honeymoon phase of swle but damn do I keep wanting more only to get my arse handed to me.

#30 5 years ago

Fish Tales

#31 5 years ago

F14. Short games, brutal multiball. Besides, you know pressing the button will only buy you another 5 minutes anyway!

#32 5 years ago

All the ball busters. Iron Man. BSD. FG. Maybe F14.

#33 5 years ago

I agree with AC/DC and SW.

#34 5 years ago

WH2O, but let me explain. There are pins where you *think* you are close to achieving a tough goal and achieving a high score, but you fall short, so you try again... and again... and eventually get tired of trying (so you stop playing that game). For example, in WOZ, actually completing Rescue Multiball is very challenging, and whenever you fall short, the steps to get back to that point start to feel tedious. All the while, you're racking up very low scores (thanks to the programmer's philosophy that low-scoring is something pinball players would like). You might start to lose interest. On the other hand, there are games where you never get tired of trying. For me, WH2O is like that. The goals are within reach, but a lot of times you come close to achieving Class VI River only to drain and start over again in Class I. It's enough to piss you off, but the game is so much fun, and there's always a chance that a Mystery award will help you out, so you hit the Start button again and again.

#35 5 years ago

One of the best (and worse) parts the game IMO! I’ve had some choice words for his smart ass callouts, what a character, makes it so great!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Black Hole for me, with Medusa running a close second

I do sorta agree with you (and mgpasman) about Medusa. I just played a nice Medusa in a pinball tournament, and it laughs at you after ball drains.
Lower part of main playfield is hard to keep the ball in play very long and from draining on you.
Frustrating because you say to yourself, just keep it in the upper part of the playfield, but it's not that easy to do consistently.
Press start button again. Try again to get a decent score, and show this wicked machine who's boss.
HEP-Medusa-Nov2016 (resized).jpgHEP-Medusa-Nov2016 (resized).jpg

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s the sexiest ACDC on the planet, BTW.

Nothing gets by that old dog Mudflaps. Good eye.

Yes, Jodester mentioned that Mudflaps was the previous owner. Good work Mudflaps making this pin look better.
Although, I think Jodester said he had to wipe down the lockdown bar when he first got the machine from you.

#38 5 years ago

As of now, I'd say that Gryszzz's AC/DC machine pisses me off worse that Jodester's/Mudflap's.
The grudges are/were pretty even between the two pins, but I finally managed to get a decent score (for me anyways) last night on Jodester's AC/DC machine {49 million}.
ACDC-Pro-49116180-23Jun2018-MLV (resized).jpgACDC-Pro-49116180-23Jun2018-MLV (resized).jpg

#39 5 years ago

I thought I would see Dr Who on the list by now. When you have a great game it is awesome. Other times it will crush you while playing. Even with the second chance enabled ball times can be very short.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I thought I would see Dr Who on the list by now. When you have a great game it is awesome. Other times it will crush you while playing. Even with the second chance enabled ball times can be very short.

I second this; I could not get enough of DW when I owned it. Regret selling it, will have it back some day! The outlanes are BRUTAL!

#42 5 years ago

AC/DC, Fish Tales, BSD are the three that come to mind.

#43 5 years ago
#44 5 years ago

I’m pretty sure BSD was responsible for a minor Sheetrock repair in our previous home. I love to hate it.

#45 5 years ago

Currently it’s GOTG. I still have the outlane posts at factory and wow that left outlane is vicious. However, I still want to keep re-hitting that start button.

#46 5 years ago

Anyone played Sinbad? Simple enough playfield and rules - but try and get long ball time and a decent score! You just can't stop at 1 game!
I watch other people who play mine and they have to have multiple games.

DAMN that SINBAD - you look up at the score and you think "I'm a better player that this score suggests" and push the start button again and then again and again....

#47 5 years ago

Paragon.

#48 5 years ago

CSI or Rescue 911. The Rescue was worn out so that may have something to do with it.

#49 5 years ago

Centaur. Sometimes I could smash it. Center drains are brutal.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

Anyone played Sinbad? Simple enough playfield and rules - but try and get long ball time and a decent score! You just can't stop at 1 game!
I watch other people who play mine and they have to have multiple games.
DAMN that SINBAD - you look up at the score and you think "I'm a better player that this score suggests" and push the start button again and then again and again....

Couldn't agree more. I have had several games where I kill it on the first ball and then the next two totally suck. It can be a very brutal game, but it's a lot of fun. Probably why it's the only machine that I have had for over 20 years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Prairie Village, KS
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-that-pisses-you-off-the-most-but-makes-hit-start-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.