Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I've noticed a lot of machines lately way overpriced -for the condition -it is listed ...but not selling! I guess these people have no real expectation of selling the game at that price -but when other potential sellers see these listings they put their game Sky High also- no one is benefiting from this. I have looked to see what sells on here and there aren't many except for undisclosed. Reminds me of these games that sit on eBay endlessly ...a $5,000 game listed for 8000.

#2 6 years ago

You don't say. That's news to me.

#3 6 years ago

I think what Odin is trying to say is that this type of thread has been totally done to death!!

#4 6 years ago

i hadn't noticed. thanks for pointing this out.

#5 6 years ago

You might get more response if you changed the title of the thread to Girls Gone Wild.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You might get more response if you changed the title of the thread to Girls Gone Wild.

Good idea ! wasn't really looking for a response ....I know it's been posted a thousand times -just venting!

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtbpinball:

I know it's been posted a thousand times -just venting!

Yes the current price inflation is very annoying. I am about done and will just keep what I have.

#8 6 years ago

I am willing to bet that you probably sold most of those 60 machines in your profile for more than you paid for them. Pretty much like many of us who have been in the hobby for more than six months.

What do you expect?!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

I am willing to bet that you probably sold most of those 60 machines in your profile for more than you paid for them. Pretty much like many of us who have been in the hobby for more than six months.
    What do you expect?!

I expected hoverboards, self-tying shoes, and flying cars. What I got was overpriced pins.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtbpinball:

I've noticed a lot of machines lately way overpriced -for the condition -it is listed ...but not selling! I guess these people have no real expectation of selling the game at that price -but when other potential sellers see these listings they put their game Sky High also- no one is benefiting from this. I have looked to see what sells on here and there aren't many except for undisclosed. Reminds me of these games that sit on eBay endlessly ...a $5,000 game listed for 8000.

Undisclosed, maybe because they don't want to pay a fee to Pinside?

Prices are definitely up on older games that are popular in the $1000 to $6000 range. The attempt to sell games that are still being manufactured for more than they cost NIB (regardless of mods) is a complete joke to me.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtbpinball:

Good idea ! wasn't really looking for a response ....I know it's been posted a thousand times -just venting!

Stop venting and start buying cheaper games. Tons available for under $1,000.

#12 6 years ago

I just keep low balling sellers that are ridiculous.
    I can play the game; you're inflating your pin by 100%, so I'll offer 25% of your price, let's meet in the middle.
    Vent on!

#13 6 years ago

Once the bubble bursts prices will come back down. Should be any day now based on what you read on Pinside.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Undisclosed, maybe because they don't want to pay a fee to Pinside?

This shit pisses me off. I've seen so many Pinsiders with 20+ games listed in the For Sale archives. None sold. Look at their avatar and no Pinside donation either. The f is wrong with people? Sometimes I may not disclose the price but I always pay Pinside.

#15 6 years ago

Me too! I am a middle class hard working man! I can not afford no stinking 10K pinball machine. Besides the wife would de nut me!!!! But I deff donate to pinside, lots of help and informative people on here! I Love You Pinside!!!!!

#16 6 years ago

As long as new game prices go up, people need more for their games so they can get new ones.

LTG : )

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

As long as new game prices go up, people need more for their games so they can get new ones.

The more mediocre games and dogs they produce the more people will lose money when reselling and the cycle will have to slow down.
    Also, the higher the NIB prices go the less likely people are going to get what they expect back when reselling.
    The only thing that can sustain the present influx rate of new games is a proportional number of willing new buyers.

Quality and value are much more important than theme and quantity right now in this hobby.
    The manufacturers better start paying attention.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I think what Odin is trying to say is that this type of thread has been totally done to death!!

Guilty as charged.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Or they could get jobs to pay for them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-overpricing-gone-wild?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.