Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by djsolzs
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Hot tub or pin?”

• Hot tub bruh 51 votes
      29%
    • Pinball... more pinball 105 votes
      59%
    • Who cares 22 votes
      12%

(178 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cringe (resized).jpg
    Basic test kit (resized).jpg
    72601312965__3BBA4577-2494-4EDD-B74B-A8DD9FF8FD45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0820 (resized).jpeg
    Taylor test kit (resized).jpg
    DFF15351-200C-48C7-B779-2758000E4AF4 (resized).jpeg
    C6FC5155-1D06-40B3-A058-B9E57D07B79F (resized).jpeg
    FA37853F-DA63-4609-BF43-3EAAD69E34A3 (resized).jpeg
    49c5796371aa29c12e4fe43fd2716389699252f7 (resized).jpg
    ED21FC3A-0C78-49AB-B06E-4D3768F9D57C (resized).jpeg
    Kohler tub.png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    image-37 (resized).jpg
    Only-In-Russia-24-640x350 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 3 years ago

Any Bullfrog brand owners? Those movable jet packs seem pretty neat. I like the idea of changing them according to seat height or lounger.

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Have a bullfrog, absolutely love it.
    Easy to work on compared to others.
    Built to last, mine is 12 years old replaced a few things heater circulation pump & ozonator.

Thanks! Good to hear.
    These things are pretty pricey, and as mentioned, lose nearly all value, so choosing wisely is a concern.

1 year later
    #187 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

My old spa finally died and I just put a deposit down on an A-series Bullfrog. Super impressed with the advancements in technology.
    I looked at Sundance and Jacuzzi, but Bullfrog's innovative plumbing design with swappable jetpacks won me over.
    You can easily change them out for a new spa experience. I did a wet test and I was impressed with the variety and unique feel of all the different jets.
    The other brands also had too many negative reviews that worried me about inconsistent quality. Bullfrog reviews were better overall.

We've had one since October (R8L).

Least favorite jet for us is the neck massage. Go figure. The figure 8 one is the bomb!

#189 1 year ago

I believe you have 30 days to switch jet packs.

The neck jet we have comes nowhere near fitting an adult in one of the seats. But that's the beauty of Bullfrog!

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Say… I’m new to spas and just saw this thread. Can someone tell me what prices range is the Bullfrog with jet packs from $10-20K area?
    I’m gonna research more since this is the first time I’ve come across this brand, but many sites ask for your information to get a quote.
    All I care is which models can fit this price range.
    Also, the jet packs… can you buy different ones later and switch out for your base model at a later time? Trying to know what you must pay for more now versus later.

Varies by location and dealer, which I really hate. Availability is a factor as well. I did a ton of searches and prices were all over the place.

I passed on a Craigslist deal, still second guessing myself. The seller had a 2 or 3 year old Bullfrog A8. Was asking $7k. So maybe Fakebook/CL/OfferUp might be in consideration? No warranty, but a HUGE discount.

1 year later
    #199 87 days ago

Good luck with your purchase.

We love ours after exercise.

Keep your filters clean. Rinse/soak every 2 weeks/month. We use a spray (Black Diamond I think?) instead of soaking.

#202 87 days ago

I've been told brand of chemicals doesn't matter, but stick within a brand.

Your local spa store probably has a starter kit for after refill.

And it's recommended you use a hose tip filter, although we haven't the past 2 times. I do bypass the water softener though.

We have well water fyi.

#203 87 days ago

Fill 'er up and take a sample in. The store will give you exact amounts of X, Y, Z to balance.

#209 86 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Hot tubs are like pool tables. People spend a lot of money to buy them, barely use them, then are lucky if they even get pennies on the dollar when they finally decide to get it out of their life. Except hot tubs cost you a ton of money the whole time you're not using it.

I didn't purchase a hot tub with resale in mind. I KNOW it won't retain any value.

I do love it after a workout. And we use ours year round.

I won't argue cost/invest though. Probably should have just hired a private masseuse for a few years...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-or-hot-tub?tu=RonSS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.