Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by djsolzs
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Hot tub or pin?”

• Hot tub bruh 51 votes
      29%
    • Pinball... more pinball 105 votes
      59%
    • Who cares 22 votes
      12%

(178 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cringe (resized).jpg
    Basic test kit (resized).jpg
    72601312965__3BBA4577-2494-4EDD-B74B-A8DD9FF8FD45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0820 (resized).jpeg
    Taylor test kit (resized).jpg
    DFF15351-200C-48C7-B779-2758000E4AF4 (resized).jpeg
    C6FC5155-1D06-40B3-A058-B9E57D07B79F (resized).jpeg
    FA37853F-DA63-4609-BF43-3EAAD69E34A3 (resized).jpeg
    49c5796371aa29c12e4fe43fd2716389699252f7 (resized).jpg
    ED21FC3A-0C78-49AB-B06E-4D3768F9D57C (resized).jpeg
    Kohler tub.png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    image-37 (resized).jpg
    Only-In-Russia-24-640x350 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago

I can't tell you which to buy - only give some advice on hot tubs.

My wife loves hot water, so we've had a few hot tubs and I learned about them and how to maintain them because it makes her happy.

Several years ago we claimed a free, non-working SofTub (largest size) on Craigslist. It was an easy fix - the internal GFCI had to be replaced - and we used it for a few years. These heat water via convection by running the water around the hot pump, run on 120V, and are really easy to move around when empty. Liked it so much we upgraded to a new, medium sized SofTub and used it for 5 years.

This year we upgraded to a "regular" type hot tub on 240V. Benefits are the heater is separate, so they can be used longer in the cold without losing temp, they have stronger jets, and they keep water cleaner longer with less chemicals. Ours has a UV bulb and more mechanical filters. Newer ones can be self contained, sealed better, and may use less wood than older models. You can just plop them on a deck, rather than building them in.

The key is to have it in a place that you like and is easily accessible, like ralphwiggum above. Ours is also right outside our master bath.
    IMG_5084 (resized).jpgIMG_5084 (resized).jpg

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

Hot Spring, Caldera, jacuzzi, Sundance and Bull frog are all reputable.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Hot Spring, Caldera, and Sundance are the ones that come to the top of the list the most

Good starting lists. Hot Spring and Jacuzzi are probably the top two, but also the most expensive.

In the "more info than you may want department...

If going with a new upper end hot tub, you may want to try a "wet test" at a dealer. They usually have a model kept heated and a changing room, and you try the tub in the store. Weird experience, but this helped a lot for us in our search for a small 3-4 person tub. On the Hot Springs, we did not like the "Moto-Massage" and the seats were too deep for my wife. Jacuzzi had better control over which jets were on and off - I like jets, my wife likes to soak.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

B) Why would you ask this in a pinball forum??

I kind of thought that too, but I've also learned some interesting info at times on non-pin related subjects on Pinside. A smaller sample size, but the people willing to offer something outside the pinball subject are sometimes quite helpful (I recall seeing several @vid1900 posts on off-topic subjects).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-or-hot-tub?tu=Adaminski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.