Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by djsolzs
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Hot tub or pin?”

• Hot tub bruh 51 votes
      29%
    • Pinball... more pinball 105 votes
      59%
    • Who cares 22 votes
      12%

(178 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cringe (resized).jpg
    Basic test kit (resized).jpg
    72601312965__3BBA4577-2494-4EDD-B74B-A8DD9FF8FD45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0820 (resized).jpeg
    Taylor test kit (resized).jpg
    DFF15351-200C-48C7-B779-2758000E4AF4 (resized).jpeg
    C6FC5155-1D06-40B3-A058-B9E57D07B79F (resized).jpeg
    FA37853F-DA63-4609-BF43-3EAAD69E34A3 (resized).jpeg
    49c5796371aa29c12e4fe43fd2716389699252f7 (resized).jpg
    ED21FC3A-0C78-49AB-B06E-4D3768F9D57C (resized).jpeg
    Kohler tub.png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    image-37 (resized).jpg
    Only-In-Russia-24-640x350 (resized).jpg
    There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 4 years ago

I decided to buy pinball.

ED21FC3A-0C78-49AB-B06E-4D3768F9D57C (resized).jpegED21FC3A-0C78-49AB-B06E-4D3768F9D57C (resized).jpeg
    #152 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

I decided to buy pinball.[quoted image]

Nice!!!!....... I’ll be hitting my hot tub in an hour. Wifey said she meet me in topless when she gets home

Enjoy

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Nice!!!!....... I’ll be hitting my hot tub I an hour. Wifey said she meet me in topless when she gets home
    Enjoy

Im happy for you.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Nice!!!!....... I’ll be hitting my hot tub I an hour. Wifey said she meet me in topless when she gets home
    Enjoy

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Im happy for you.

Don't get dejected, I'm sure that happens with pinball machines too.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't get dejected, I'm sure that happens with pinball machines too.

Beer and pinball after guys. It’s cold here in Pa

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

you can think of pins you want in the future while resting in the steam.

That's what I do!

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Nice!!!!....... I’ll be hitting my hot tub in an hour. Wifey said she meet me in topless when she gets home
    Enjoy

Sold. I need to get another hot tub.

#158 4 years ago

Here is how you handle this. Buy a used tub on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. Lots of people buy $5-6K hot tubs and are happy getting rid of them 2 years later for $1500 to $2K. Take the remainder and buy a pinball.

Bromine tabs are your friend and shock once every 7 to 10 days and you are in business. SpaDepot.com is your eqivilent of Pinballlife.com

I have had a hot tub since 1998 and will never be without one.

1 week later
    #159 4 years ago

i have a hot tub and i barely use it, i would go with a new pin.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

i have a hot tub and i barely use it

I don't use mine much anymore, but like last night when my back was killing me I was glad I could get in it for a while.

#161 4 years ago

For some reason a hot tub is not quite as appealing as it once was.

49c5796371aa29c12e4fe43fd2716389699252f7 (resized).jpg49c5796371aa29c12e4fe43fd2716389699252f7 (resized).jpg
    #162 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For some reason a hot tub is not quite as appealing as it once was.

Just because those ladies are laughing doesn't mean it's at you.

LTG : )

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Just because those ladies are laughing doesn't mean it's at you.

Looks like a cool O-din high school reunion party me?

#164 4 years ago

Think about stewing in other peoples body juices. Unless it comes with a hot naked chic I am not interested in a hot tub. I am married, and she isnt hot, so that leaves me out right there.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks like a cool O-din high school reunion party me?

When I moved back to my hometown I saw an old lady in the grocery store that looked familiar. At first I couldn't place her then realized we were in first or second grade together..

I have also learned don't go searching old girfriends on the internet or you may not like what you find.

#166 4 years ago

Imagine soaking in giant bath during winter with 20 jets massaging your every muscle while smoking a $50 stogie and a dram of Pappy while watching your favorite nfl team decimate the opposition in 7.1 surround sound while getting some good loving from your life partner..... also rgb lighting.

Unfortunately im a Jets fan.

FA37853F-DA63-4609-BF43-3EAAD69E34A3 (resized).jpegFA37853F-DA63-4609-BF43-3EAAD69E34A3 (resized).jpeg
    #167 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Imagine soaking in giant bath during winter with 20 jets massaging your every muscle while smoking a $50 stogie and a dram of Pappy

Make it Louis the 13th and I'm there.

#168 4 years ago

Bring it.

C6FC5155-1D06-40B3-A058-B9E57D07B79F (resized).jpegC6FC5155-1D06-40B3-A058-B9E57D07B79F (resized).jpeg
    #169 4 years ago

My hot tub has been now stalled because of weather for over a month. I am a sad man!

Still have one at our vacation home but haven’t used it in a long time.

Wife said she is only going in naked.

DFF15351-200C-48C7-B779-2758000E4AF4 (resized).jpegDFF15351-200C-48C7-B779-2758000E4AF4 (resized).jpeg
    #170 4 years ago

You're the best !

#171 4 years ago

For about 5 years in a row long ago I set up a tv at the jacuzzi, and rigged a table over part of it, and had pizza and beer while watching the Super Bowl.

I only stopped doing that when I quit paying for the cable box at the jacuzzi. And now it is a pain in the ass to take a cable box out of here, hook it up out there, then bring back and hook up again.

And I could barely hear the tv over the jets anyway.

I am glad I have a jacuzzi even though not used much anymore. When my back is hurting it is awesome.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

For about 5 years in a row long ago I set up a tv at the jacuzzi, and rigged a table over part of it, and had pizza and beer while watching the Super Bowl.
    I only stopped doing that when I quit paying for the cable box at the jacuzzi. And now it is a pain in the ass to take a cable box out of here, hook it up out there, then bring back and hook up again.
    And I could barely hear the tv over the jets anyway.
    I am glad I have a jacuzzi even though not used much anymore. When my back is hurting it is awesome.

Use a ROKU or other streaming device assuming your cable company has a streaming app. We switched all of our TVs over to a ROKU for this. Makes it a lot easier to watch TV in the garage or at camp.

#173 4 years ago

I think a hot tub can save you money when it is cold outside.

I was just in mine for a hour, and in the house now and I am still hot and will not need the furnace to run for a long time.

The worst thing about a hot tub for me is it feels so good it is hard to get out.

To make myself get out in a certain amount of time I carry however much beer to it as I plan to sit in it.

So if going to be in a long time, taking a cooler full. Short time just 2, so after 2 I am damn, I do not want to get out, but I am ready for another beer.

And it all depends on who you are with. My girlfriend is not here tonight, and will be gone with her Mom a few days so I will be in the jacuzzi a lot.

When my girlfriend is here she loves pinball and arcade games and cares less for the jacuzzi so unless my back is hurting bad I stay indoors and play games with her.

Kind of like my boat rarely gets used anymore because my girlfriend does not care much about fishing.

The girlfriend before her loved the jacuzzi and fishing and we were always doing one or the other a lot.

But no matter what, if I am having some pain, I am in the jacuzzi for a while.

2 months later
    #174 4 years ago

And been a while, but having some pain, and damn that jacuzzi was just so awesome. Like 10 minutes a month average to keep it in good shape, and it is ready when needed.

As far as the original subject, hot tub first, so you can relax and think about what pin you really want.

6 months later
    #175 3 years ago

I did the opposite, recently bought a 17' swim spa and a Kiss Pro

#176 3 years ago

Any Bullfrog brand owners? Those movable jet packs seem pretty neat. I like the idea of changing them according to seat height or lounger.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Any Bullfrog brand owners? Those movable jet packs seem pretty neat. I like the idea of changing them according to seat height or lounger.

Have a bullfrog, absolutely love it.
    Easy to work on compared to others.
    Built to last, mine is 12 years old replaced a few things heater circulation pump & ozonator.

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Built to last, mine is 12 years old replaced a few things heater circulation pump & ozonator.

Thanks! Good to hear.
    These things are pretty pricey, and as mentioned, lose nearly all value, so choosing wisely is a concern.

#179 3 years ago

Bought a used hot tub this summer. Play some of my machines in the evening, and then for the price of a cheap ss, get to relax in the tub for an hour or so before bed, perfect bliss and less maintenance to boot!

#180 3 years ago

Did you post this same thing in a hot tub lovers forum?

#181 3 years ago

We have been looking at Bullfrog but the two person lounger as only have limited room for one and unable to get 220v so would be the plug in one

1 year later
    #182 1 year ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

My old spa finally died and I just put a deposit down on an A-series Bullfrog. Super impressed with the advancements in technology.

I looked at Sundance and Jacuzzi, but Bullfrog's innovative plumbing design with swappable jetpacks won me over.

You can easily change them out for a new spa experience. I did a wet test and I was impressed with the variety and unique feel of all the different jets.

The other brands also had too many negative reviews that worried me about inconsistent quality. Bullfrog reviews were better overall.

#183 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

The other brands also had too many negative reviews that worried me about inconsistent quality. Bullfrog reviews were better overall.

Never heard of this company so I looked it up. These look awesome! Enjoy!

#184 1 year ago

i actually bought an inflatable one (coleman saluspa) about a month ago and redneck jokes aside i'm absolutely loving it

it cost half of what the topper for stranger things did

#185 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i actually bought an inflatable one (coleman saluspa) about a month ago and redneck jokes aside i'm absolutely loving it

Now you just need an inflatable girlfriend to get in with you.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

Now you just need an inflatable girlfriend to get in with you.

wife has used it more than she's played the pin...

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

My old spa finally died and I just put a deposit down on an A-series Bullfrog. Super impressed with the advancements in technology.
    I looked at Sundance and Jacuzzi, but Bullfrog's innovative plumbing design with swappable jetpacks won me over.
    You can easily change them out for a new spa experience. I did a wet test and I was impressed with the variety and unique feel of all the different jets.

We've had one since October (R8L).

Least favorite jet for us is the neck massage. Go figure. The figure 8 one is the bomb!

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

We've had one since October (R8L).
    Least favorite jet for us is the neck massage. Go figure. The figure 8 one is the bomb!

That's interesting. It was kinda hard to know which ones to choose. I tried for variety. Not familiar with the figure 8.

I ordered the following:
    Neck Blaster
    Rainwater
    Oscillator
    Deep Relief

I got the A6L. Didn't have the space for anything bigger.

#189 1 year ago

I believe you have 30 days to switch jet packs.

The neck jet we have comes nowhere near fitting an adult in one of the seats. But that's the beauty of Bullfrog!

#190 1 year ago

Say… I’m new to spas and just saw this thread. Can someone tell me what prices range is the Bullfrog with jet packs from $10-20K area?

I’m gonna research more since this is the first time I’ve come across this brand, but many sites ask for your information to get a quote.

All I care is which models can fit this price range.

Also, the jet packs… can you buy different ones later and switch out for your base model at a later time? Trying to know what you must pay for more now versus later.

#191 1 year ago

Was in mine last night. Depends on how many pins already owned but I'd vote hot tub.

I have an Elite by Maxx. They killed off the line I think though. They had an entry level, the elite, then the maxx. Probably were loosing too much business from the maxx line to the elite series. I agree with the above. I thought I'd love the neck massage - I have bad shoulders. Never use that seat. Too splashy. My advice - buy middle of the road first before dropping on a caledera/jacuzzi/hot springs. See what features you like/dont like, then spring for the pricey one down the road when the one you have dies.

Had mine..i think like 7 yrs. So far on delivery one of the filter connections was cracked - replaced for free, two gaskets went for my waterfalls and replaced under warantee (next time wont be), and i'm on my 2nd cover..soon to be third. Covers usually last around 3 yrs before they get waterlogged and need replacing. This one got froze to the tub and i accidentally ripped the skirt.

Outside of electric and chems..not really too prices past the initial investment.

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Say… I’m new to spas and just saw this thread. Can someone tell me what prices range is the Bullfrog with jet packs from $10-20K area?
    I’m gonna research more since this is the first time I’ve come across this brand, but many sites ask for your information to get a quote.
    All I care is which models can fit this price range.
    Also, the jet packs… can you buy different ones later and switch out for your base model at a later time? Trying to know what you must pay for more now versus later.

Varies by location and dealer, which I really hate. Availability is a factor as well. I did a ton of searches and prices were all over the place.

I passed on a Craigslist deal, still second guessing myself. The seller had a 2 or 3 year old Bullfrog A8. Was asking $7k. So maybe Fakebook/CL/OfferUp might be in consideration? No warranty, but a HUGE discount.

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

. Can someone tell me what prices range is the Bullfrog with jet packs from $10-20K area?

Bullfrog has different tiers that you can compare on their website. You can easily find a nice Bullfrog model within your price range. Like RonSS stated, your location can also make a difference in price.

Prices will depend on personal preferences (interior finishes, occupancy size, number of jetpacks, optional upgraded ozone filtration, additional pumps, wifi capability, etc.)

The larger models are obviously more expensive (but they are really nice.) Unless you have a Brady Bunch sized family, you can control the cost by avoiding features you don't need or won't use.

1 year later
    #194 3 months ago

Picking up a bullfrog A8 this week for 3500 2 years old. Kinda felt bad about the lowball but they are moving and the sellers offered 1k and it just made them mad.

The thing is bigger in person than I thought. I’m kinda on the fence about it stlll even though I’m committed. 500 to move and 1300 to run the 220v. Had quotes up to 2400 which I thought was ridiculous.

Any bullfrog owners with tips or insight let me know. Most interested in cleaning/filling/chemicals to get started after first fill.

Hope I don’t regret this!!

#195 3 months ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Kinda felt bad about the lowball but they are moving and the sellers offered 1k and it just made them mad.

Why feel bad? Anything you offered over $1k is better than what their current offer was. The original price of the hot tub is immaterial; only what someone is willing to pay today matters.

#196 3 months ago

You sir are correct - just kinda bad for a moment! They actually said the same thing to me. Wasn’t publicly listed just in my neighborhood

Pricey item new that’s for sure I’d never spring for it at close to 15k these days.

Quoted from Eric_S:

Why feel bad? Anything you offered over $1k is better than what their current offer was. The original price of the hot tub is immaterial; only what someone is willing to pay today matters.

#197 3 months ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Picking up a bullfrog A8 this week for 3500 2 years old. Kinda felt bad about the lowball but they are moving and the sellers offered 1k and it just made them mad.
    The thing is bigger in person than I thought. I’m kinda on the fence about it stlll even though I’m committed. 500 to move and 1300 to run the 220v. Had quotes up to 2400 which I thought was ridiculous.
    Any bullfrog owners with tips or insight let me know. Most interested in cleaning/filling/chemicals to get started after first fill.
    Hope I don’t regret this!!

If yours is equipped for Bullfrog's IntelliChlor cartridge chemical system, use it, don't cheap out and use bromine tablets and standard shock. You'll void the 5 year warranty. Plus, the cartridge system lasts 1-2 months. We love our A9.

#198 3 months ago

Love my Hot Springs. Have had it for twenty years. Little cracking in the liner at the top corner but nothing crazy. Will probably need to do the pump at some point but that would be the first time. Wife doesn’t care for “bleach water” so it’s just me now. Kids loved it when they were young. Had a hookah diving rig connected and they could pretend to dive! Good times back then.

She doesn’t like pinball either!

#199 3 months ago

Good luck with your purchase.

We love ours after exercise.

Keep your filters clean. Rinse/soak every 2 weeks/month. We use a spray (Black Diamond I think?) instead of soaking.

#200 3 months ago

Also have bullfrog easy to repair when needed, well built

Thanks for tip on black diamond, will give it a try

There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-or-hot-tub/page/4?hl=pinball-dood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.