(Topic ID: 307914)

Pinball machine moving life-hack

By DaddyManD

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sliders (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Like many of you, my pins are located downstairs in a basement. I have carpeted stairs with a landing in the middle which is small and doesn't allow space for large hand trucks (learned this from an attempt with an escalara!). We have found through trial and error that with 2 people, sliding up and down the stairs is the best approach. However, when sliding/pushing up, it is difficult for the person on the top of the stairs to assist much due to lack of grip and also the pin sometimes gets hung up on lip of stairs which slows things down and puts more stress on the person on the bottom.
    Found these furniture sliders (not advertised for stairs!) on Amazon (link below) and added some 400lb strength yellow rope from home depot for $10. My buddy DHudec and I just used these to assist us with pushing a modern Stern machine up the stairs, and these sliders exceeded expectations. The person on top just pulls gently mostly to help get the pin over the lip of the steps while person below pushes. Required much less strength and removes all frustration! Easiest move ever (less than 10 minutes!) and wanted to share for those of you with similar stair-sliding set ups! They also have smaller 4 ft versions and versions for hard-wood. Obviously, try at your own risk but good luck! I'll be using these for every move now going up stairs.

https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Moves-Professional-Furniture-Surface/dp/B08BLRN8MD/ref=sr_1_4

sliders (resized).jpgsliders (resized).jpg
    #9 2 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Precisely. When we bought the house we ended up buying, the first and foremost requirement was a walk-out basement. I also lucked out and got a garage. And the basement is finished. A little work, and its turning out to be a great shop!

Haha agree my next house will have a very different design!

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If its NIB, just cut a side of the box and slide it down the cardboard, the same way. I've done all of my NIB pins this way.

Great idea! I think the sliders are particularly useful for pushing upstairs

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

Without a walkout basement, my hack was to use the formal living room and dining room for the arcade!
    ETA: that hack looks super convenient for stairs though! Nice find!

Awesome! If I am interested in living alone on day I might be able to pull this off

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-moving-life-hack?tu=DaddyManD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.