(Topic ID: 69679)

Build your own Stern/JJP pinball? Good idea or bad...

By Ranhorton

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ullsokken
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeinNJ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

I've been saying to JJP and others for years. Mount the wiring harness so someone doesn't flip it the wrong way and let us do the rest. The price needs to reflect that it was a kit pin.

#8 10 years ago

One hole would be,what if the builder hooked up something wrong and it blew out a board or something else. Who's held responsible? Does the game carry a warranty? What about tech support on a home build from a kit?

I always thought there should be a base game, then you add in options that you want. Maybe the base game would be X amount and if you wanted all the extras it could possibly cost 2K more when finished. The only thing is the code would have to support all options.

Would it work? Maybe

#11 10 years ago

At one point I even tried to talk one of the new pin companies into setting up a build school. You'd buy there kit and build it at the factory or possibly at possibly at a pin show. I think there be a huge interest for a factory guy on hand for a build school where you get to take that new game home with ya. This could avoid some issues with the build.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Pinball 2000 all over again?
    Buy one machine and then just buy the kits if you wanted a new machine.
    I would have liked to see how well this concept would have done over time.

Na, not the pin 2000 again, you'd build the game as a whole. Basically all the parts would be in a box and you assemble the game from the ground up. We'd have to remember there's a ton of little parts to assembling a pin but I for one would be up for it. What's the worst that could happen??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeinNJ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-kit-good-idea-or-bad?tu=JoeinNJ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.